PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I've been really restraining myself from commenting about the Demo in here. Mainly because there are already so many views on it, many opinions, many long-jiberish posts that there's only so much I can add that would actually be meaningful. But I had to say this, because I can't believe what some of you are saying. Scoring goals isn't rewarding? It isn't fun? I just lowered the difficulty settings from Top Player to Professional, set everything to Manual (passes, shots) and Through balls to advanced and even shots that hit the posts felt awesome and rewarding, let alone scoring itself. Some of you are just impossible to please. Longing for the old WE/PES feelings... feelings you had when you were children (like I was too) or in your early teenager days. WAKE THE FUCK UP! That is just never coming back! Those sensations existed because we were that young. I was probably 7 when the first football games for SNES from CAPCOM and KCET starting to surface. 10 or 11 when the first Winning Eleven games came out for Playstation one. Now I'm 28.

I've never been a PES fanboy, nor a FIFA one. Thankfully for me, life's never been about black or white. I learnt to appreciate the grey-scale a long time ago. That's why I love PES 2016 so far.

I know a Demo is GOOD when I can't wait for the full game to come out, and this is the case. Even more so with the possibility to share option files and kits... WOW! I'm excited already. I'm expecting several aspects to be polished for the full game, but even if everything stayed the same, I'll be pleased. It's not perfect. Far from it. FIFA too. But I'm happy with it. Very happy. This is the game I've been craving for since 2008.

I can feel FIFA will be good as well. So... FIFA for PC. PES for PS4. That's the way it'll be for me this year.

EDIT: After this post, I went and play the most amazing 3 matches I can remember in a football game. Exciting, dramatic, etc. One of them ended 0-0 and yet it was probably the best out of the 3. I'm telling ya... playing everything set to manual (with Advanced Through Balls settings) takes it to another level once you get used to it. Also, I set the camera to Wide. Zoom:0 Height:4 Angle:10.

Someone else said a couple of pages back that playing on manual slows the pace a little and I honestly thought it was just bullshit but that person was totally right. The whole game takes it back one step. Wasn't complaining before (on 0 speed when playing with assisted passes) but now it's even better!

Last edited:
Winning Eleven 2016 Demo out on the Japanese Store.
Let the comparisons begin!

Let the placebo begin!

"Pace is slower"
"GKs are better"
"AI is more challenging"
"It's even more responsive".

Ooohh... I can already feel it coming...

Hi guys

PES2016 very very perfect
Great work

But

We want to punish cheaters to deduct points such as fifa

#PES2016_online

in oline pes16
We want to re points rooms ranking rooms
as they were in pes2011, a stunning and good

Rooms full active

Cant stop playing this game but only on full manual and advanced through balls. Assists wreck everything.

This is the most addicted toa demo ive veen since PES 2013.

Every time i play somerhing different happens that makws me want to record the replay. Definitely a good sign

Cant stop playing this game but only on full manual and advanced through balls. Assists wreck everything.

Every time i play somerhing different happens that makws me want to record the replay. Definitely a good sign

I haven't bought PES in a few years, and would like to know what exactly is advanced throughballs and shooting? I saw it in the previous demos as well, but wasn't sure what it was.

Can’t find it in the Honk Kong store. Aren’t HK and Japanese store the same?

Not the same...

Actually there are 4 versions of PES 2016 / Winning Eleven 2016 in PS4:
Asia version (including Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Southeast Asia)
Europe version (including Europe, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand)
US version (including US, Canada, Latin America)
Japan version (only Japan)

The title of Asia version is changed from "Winning Eleven" to "Pro Evolution Soccer" started from this year.

The gameplay of Asia version is same as Europe and US versions in previous years. Japan version is unique.

Not the same...

The title of Asia version is changed from "Winning Eleven" to "Pro Evolution Soccer" started from this year.

The gameplay of Asia version is same as Europe and US versions in previous years. Japan version is unique.

Ok cheers. So only the Japanese version could be different this time around

Winning Eleven 2016 Demo out on the Japanese Store.
Let the comparisons begin!

maybe i can use my Hong Kong account once again :D

Not the same...

oh snap, japanase account here i come

Things like this, post it in the feedback section. Let them know that u feel that the game is to assisted, maybe they'll tune pass level 1 closer to manual so that online won't be a total ping pong fest.

Anyone who wants automatic passing and shooting and only being able to run in 8 directions back is crackers. PES 6 was and is a shit game. Konami need to keep things going in this direction. What they need now is bring in analogue movement speed instead of just 2 speeds, and being able to strafe while running.

Anyone who wants automatic passing and shooting and only being able to run in 8 directions back is crackers. PES 6 was and is a shit game. Konami need to keep things going in this direction. What they need now is bring in analogue movement speed instead of just 2 speeds, and being able to strafe while running.

I'd like to hammer you for what you are saying about PES6. But I like your avatar too much :)

Agreed, analogue running shoukd be such a basic feature.

Things like this, post it in the feedback section. Let them know that u feel that the game is to assisted, maybe they'll tune pass level 1 closer to manual so that online won't be a total ping pong fest.

Theyll adjust it and then therell be players saying that passing is shit cos the ball doesnt go to the player. They cant win...

The problem is not the level of assut, instead that the default level for online is assisted. It should be level 1 at most. In saying tgat, level 1 is too assisted already, i find no difference between level 1 and level 2 or 3

We want to punish cheaters to deduct points such as fifa

in oline pes16
We want to re points rooms ranking rooms
as they were in pes2011, a stunning and good

Rooms full active

Theyll adjust it and then therell be players saying that passing is shit cos the ball doesnt go to the player. They cant win...

The problem is not the level of assut, instead that the default level for online is assisted. It should be level 1 at most. In saying tgat, level 1 is too assisted already, i find no difference between level 1 and level 2 or 3

Exactly, atm there is no difference between 1-3 pass level and they should know this, therefore, post in the feedback section.

I've been really restraining myself from commenting about the Demo in here. Mainly because there are already so many views on it, many opinions, many long-jiberish posts that there's only so much I can add that would actually be meaningful. But I had to say this, because I can't believe what some of you are saying. Scoring goals isn't rewarding? It isn't fun? I just lowered the difficulty settings from Top Player to Professional, set everything to Manual (passes, shots) and Through balls to advanced and even shots that hit the posts felt awesome and rewarding, let alone scoring itself. Some of you are just impossible to please. Longing for the old WE/PES feelings... feelings you had when you were children (like I was too) or in your early teenager days. WAKE THE FUCK UP! That is just never coming back! Those sensations existed because we were that young. I was probably 7 when the first football games for SNES from CAPCOM and KCET starting to surface. 10 or 11 when the first Winning Eleven games came out for Playstation one. Now I'm 28.

I've never been a PES fanboy, nor a FIFA one. Thankfully for me, life's never been about black or white. I learnt to appreciate the grey-scale a long time ago. That's why I love PES 2016 so far.

I know a Demo is GOOD when I can't wait for the full game to come out, and this is the case. Even more so with the possibility to share option files and kits... WOW! I'm excited already. I'm expecting several aspects to be polished for the full game, but even if everything stayed the same, I'll be pleased. It's not perfect. Far from it. FIFA too. But I'm happy with it. Very happy. This is the game I've been craving for since 2008.

I can feel FIFA will be good as well. So... FIFA for PC. PES for PS4. That's the way it'll be for me this year.

EDIT: After this post, I went and play the most amazing 3 matches I can remember in a football game. Exciting, dramatic, etc. One of them ended 0-0 and yet it was probably the best out of the 3. I'm telling ya... playing everything set to manual (with Advanced Through Balls settings) takes it to another level once you get used to it. Also, I set the camera to Wide. Zoom:0 Height:4 Angle:10.

Someone else said a couple of pages back that playing on manual slows the pace a little and I honestly thought it was just bullshit but that person was totally right. The whole game takes it back one step. Wasn't complaining before (on 0 speed when playing with assisted passes) but now it's even better!

Well, the fact that we are getting older and see things different is right but imho only to a specific point, depending on each person individually.
Times were different yeah, the game was as well.

But still, there are simply a few facts in the new game that add those rather negative feelings for some people.
Didn´t get warm at all with PES 2015.
Took a year break from it and played FIFA 15 instead.

Loved the gameplay (except for some negative facts like too pacey, player models etc), it was unpredictable and I felt that feeling for rewarding goals again which I had back then on PES 3, 4, 5, 6, 2010, 2011, 2013.
That game made me play with my mate until 5 am in the morning which we used to do back then with PES 6.....up to 2011.

Now if those bold parts hadn´t happened I´d say, yeah it´s me....I´m older now...it doesn´t affect me no more.

But that´s simply not the case. Last year the other game gave me back that feeling again, even it was far from perfect.

And really, I wished it would have been PES giving me back that joy.

The 2016 demo still does that, even I´m with gabe about the shooting.
But well then, I guess I gotta train my manual shooting skills.

Yeah, it looks like that.
Like someone else suggested, Level 1 should be toned down more to the manual direction.

Hopefully more and more people see the joy in playing manual (which shouldn't be needed if they could strike a balance between passing stats and user input)and have this set for online play so that u get paired with like minded people

Havent played that much pes2016 demo.. enough to know its an amazing game.
Just dl Winning Eleven 2016, n im not sure if its placebo..but wow.. ive just had the best 2 hours on top player, -1 speed, all manual pass and shooting... AI seems to have improved.. and keeper comes out n boots ball whenever a throughball is close to the 18 yard box.. happened about 3 times so far.. I didn't notice this on pes version.. interesting.. also computer AI attacking seems to be more varied.. had quite a different set of goals scored against me.. including quite a few crosses... FANTASTIC STUFF :)

I think that's both true and not true. I'm 25 and the first PES I played was ISS2 on the PS1. I played and enjoyed so many but no PES game apart from PES 5/6 really holds up these days.

To me, PES 5/6 perfected a kind of complex arcade style game. It was more akin to a very tight fighting game - complex variables but controlled to the point where the gameplay experience was always pointed towards being a particular way. In that respect it was a very Japanese style game - like the football equivalent of Street Fighter 2/3.

Now PES is infinitely better, more technologically advanced but game development has advanced to the point where I'm not convinced the game is able to control itself. It's freer and more complex but the variables tend to conflict with one another. I think that's why matches in PES 2014/2015/2016 differ so much. If everything goes right, you can have an absolutely amazing game of football, but if something ruins it (i.e. dodgy animations, weird reactions, on-rail shooting, boomerang AI) then it sticks out to the point it feels rotten because even though there's so much great stuff, it's not really part of a cohesive whole anymore.

I'm convinced that's why we've has a disparate collection of views -- people who's opinions constantly swing both ways in the space of 2 hours.

Anyway, my point isn't that one is better than the other, but rather that both games are radically different owing to the evolution of game-design. I don't think it's just nostalgia (although the very reason we even look back to them probably is). You can play a lot of games from the PES 5/6 era and appreciate them for their simpler design.

Hi Klashman, I know you are the Tactics Don. Do you know if changing certain team tactics will make the CPU cross more regular? I play on PS3 and this was an issue for me last year too. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :)

I think that's both true and not true. I'm 25 and the first PES I played was ISS2 on the PS1. I played and enjoyed so many but no PES game apart from PES 5/6 really holds up these days.

To me, PES 5/6 perfected a kind of complex arcade style game. It was more akin to a very tight fighting game - complex variables but controlled to the point where the gameplay experience was always pointed towards being a particular way. In that respect it was a very Japanese style game - like the football equivalent of Street Fighter 2/3.

Now PES is infinitely better, more technologically advanced but game development has advanced to the point where I'm not convinced the game is able to control itself. It's freer and more complex but the variables tend to conflict with one another. I think that's why matches in PES 2014/2015/2016 differ so much. If everything goes right, you can have an absolutely amazing game of football, but if something ruins it (i.e. dodgy animations, weird reactions, on-rail shooting, boomerang AI) then it sticks out to the point it feels rotten because even though there's so much great stuff, it's not really part of a cohesive whole anymore.

I'm convinced that's why we've has a disparate collection of views -- people who's opinions constantly swing both ways in the space of 2 hours.

Anyway, my point isn't that one is better than the other, but rather that both games are radically different owing to the evolution of game-design. I don't think it's just nostalgia (although the very reason we even look back to them probably is). You can play a lot of games from the PES 5/6 era and appreciate them for their simpler design.

A very eloquent & balanced post. Thanks for this.

And I have bolded the part which probably applies to me. I love this demo, then I hate it, then I like it, then I hate it again.

For me and many the others the problem will still be whether PES 2016 is any good online. Even if the gameplay is great with the full retail version it won't matter a jot if the online is still broken.

I for one hated PES 2015 online. It is/was awful. We can't watch replays of the goals, the camera type is fixed so we're close-up to the action, waiting forever for a match because of Konami's awful servers, 99% of the time we'll face Real Madrid as there is no match-making (i.e. the option of being able to play as a smaller club v smaller club like in FIFA.)

If PES 2016 is yet again poor to play online, it will be like buying a Ferrari but only being able to drive it around your own street. This franchise could really grow and get to the next level if they sorted out the online issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom