PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Three things I'm finding increasingly annoying:

1) When I'm dispossessed, my player pauses/stutters for a moment. I can understand the design decision for this, to allow for the transition of possession, but it's weird and unrealistic.

2) Similarly to 1), sometimes when I make a successful tackle my player doesn't properly retrieve the ball, allowing the attacker to get up, retain possession, and continue with play. It's frustrating, and I've conceded a few goals where I make a tackle only for the attacker to retain possession but in a more advantageous position.

3) Shooting inside the box is odd. Maybe because it's too automatic, lacking in variety, not enough error. Dunno, but I score a good number of goals that just feel kinda cheap.

Just played PES 5 again.

There are literally 100s of more different shooting outcomes in PES 5 than 2016.

Last edited:
FIFA players dominanting the game so easily.

Can de agree the game is a PES FIFA hybrid?

the biggest thing for me is the sliding of the players

you can hold down R1 all game long without any consequences, players are way too quick to change directions, that's why i never really got into fifa

too bad pes 2014 didn't work out, full arcade now

Thanks for confirming - I can at least try and ignore it now.

If you have something like a Sony W 6 & 7 model TV I believe it will enable the 4:4:4 PC mode with the Game mode and you will get true 1:1 pixel mapping and also still be able to boost colours if need be. These TV's by Sony are designed to bring the best out in PS4 and I will be getting a Sony TV next time.

@darkoj2007

Thanks I see we agree on the colour issue - clown colours at the circus indeed ;)

Yeah TV has been tint and white balance tweaked to push the most colour possible in PC mode but still looks bad with PES ONLY ... Arkham Knight, GTA, BF4 etc. all look great.

Its because normally in PC mode you would be able to boost or correct the colours up using Windows graphics options but that I'd not possible with PS4 so slightly less sharp Game Mode but with greener turf is the compromise for me with this current TV from Samsung.

do not boost colours on tv, almost every need less colour if you want them to look realistic and natural. also about sharpness, if you play on game mode when you actually can adjust colour, sharpness etc, set sharpness to 0. it will look dull and flat at the beggining but after some time your eyes will become familiar with the picture. that is becouse all these adjustments give false perception and add something like filters to the original picture and force the tv engine to give you that perception. that is why pc mode have 0 lag, becouse it turns out off these adjustments and gave you the picture 1:1 as the manufacturer wants you to see. if you don't calibrated your tv by now i wll reccomend to you to download the material from avsforum and you will see the best of your tv ;) google it, it will take you around half an hour but you will be satisfied in the end :)

Just played PES 5 again.

There are literally 100s of more different shooting outcomes in PES 5 than 2016.

If Konami would make a PES5-6 HD remake and put it on PSN e.g for 20$ it would sell like hot cakes..

The franchise has 12M facebook likes, which is extremely high.
So the fans are there, Konami only needs to deliver :)

Coming there, but I think the progress is slow. From 2014-16 in 3 years development they are still not on par with PES5-6 regarding consistency.

I would describe it in the following way.

On PES5-6 we had amazing leagues, tournaments, games, stories.
On PES2015-16 we have amazing moments.

Played the demo.

It's alright but I don't think I'm going to buy it. There's nothing wrong with it but it feels a bit soulless to play.

Been a registered user here for a while but I get very little joy out of any football game these days (Football Manager included).

Just played PES 5 again.

i know. right? never been able to reproduce or use that ball physics again

SHOOTING

PES 2014-2015-2016
bloom.png

PES 4-5-6/ISS Pro Evo 1-2
stock-vector-spring-blooming-tree-27337099.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming - I can at least try and ignore it now.

If you have something like a Sony W 6 & 7 model TV I believe it will enable the 4:4:4 PC mode with the Game mode and you will get true 1:1 pixel mapping and also still be able to boost colours if need be. These TV's by Sony are designed to bring the best out in PS4 and I will be getting a Sony TV next time.

@darkoj2007

Thanks I see we agree on the colour issue - clown colours at the circus indeed ;)

Yeah TV has been tint and white balance tweaked to push the most colour possible in PC mode but still looks bad with PES ONLY ... Arkham Knight, GTA, BF4 etc. all look great.

Its because normally in PC mode you would be able to boost or correct the colours up using Windows graphics options but that I'd not possible with PS4 so slightly less sharp Game Mode but with greener turf is the compromise for me with this current TV from Samsung.

Thanks. I have an older model, V5500, but I will try PC mode.
Having a Sony TV and PS4 together has some benefits, like controlling the PS4 with the TV remote.

do you really think they'll do something like you did with the formations in 2015?

btw with such high passing assitance R2+low pass lost its purpose, they gotta lower the passing assistance i can make out of this world passes on assist lvl1

Dunno, Simcut got accepted into Konami to work on this so he will know more.

Played the demo.

It's alright but I don't think I'm going to buy it. There's nothing wrong with it but it feels a bit soulless to play.

Been a registered user here for a while but I get very little joy out of any football game these days (Football Manager included).

See SteelHorse's post a few pages back.

Could be your just moving on and the 'endorphin' rush you used to get just doesn't cut it anymore.

Personally with PES the older i get the less i expect from the game.

I don't get the people who are asking for keepers to automatically rush out more. You already have the ability to press Triangle to order the keeper to rush out and you want to exchange a feature that needs player skill and judgment with automatic calculations?

The game already feels like there is not a lot of player control in certain situations and as if things are partially prediterment.

No need to talk about the horrific dice-roll aerial battles. I remember the PES4 days where given enough time i could move my defender in front of the attacker in order to be first at the ball and gain the advantage in the aerial battle as it happens in real life.

Also, for example it seems like the best way now to defend against the AI is simply to stick with a single player and keep sprint marking without changing the defender you control. So if you keep holding R1+X without changing the player you control the AI has a hard time penetrating your defense in contrast to taking the closest defender and apply cautious and close pressure to the player with the ball in which case the opposing AI team flips a switch and becomes Barcelona x2.

I have played a lot of superstar matches against Bayern and Neuer always rushes out like there is no tomorrow and he does that 100% successfully. I even feel like my players kinda slow down a bit in order for him to be first at the ball.

Another negative issue is that there is an apparent lack of fouls when you're playing against the Superstar AI where the best way for it to stop a dangerous situation is to kick and push my player until he is magically immobilized so that the defender can just walk past him and get the ball.

Last edited:
See SteelHorse's post a few pages back.

Could be your just moving on and the 'endorphin' rush you used to get just doesn't cut it anymore.

Personally with PES the older i get the less i expect from the game.

I had a quick-browse for the post but I can't find it.

It probably is an age thing. Last year I bought PES 2015 at launch but struggled to commit time to it. Knowing that, it's probably playing at the back of my mind that I don't really want to love the series anymore.

I don't get the people who are asking for keepers to automatically rush out more. You already have the ability to press Triangle to order the keeper to rush out and you want to exchange a feature that needs player skill and judgment with automatic calculations?

The game already feels like there is not a lot of player control in certain situations.

No need to talk about the horrific dice-roll aerial battles. I remember the PES4 days where given enough time i could move my defender in front of the attacker in order to be first at the ball and gain the advantage in the aerial battle as it happens in real life.

Also, for example it seems like the best way now to defend against the AI is simply to stick with a single player and keep sprint marking without changing the defender you control. So if you keep holding R1+X without changing the player you control the AI has a hard time penetrating your defense in contrast to taking the closest defender and apply cautious and close pressure to the player with the ball in which case the opposing AI team flips a switch and becomes Barcelona x2.

I have played a lot of superstar matches against Bayern and Neuer always rushes out like there is no tomorrow and he does that 100% successfully. I even feel like my players kinda slow down a bit in order for him to be first at the ball.

Another negative issue is that there is an apparent lack of fouls when you're playing against the Superstar AI where the best way for it to stop a dangerous situation is to kick and push my player until he is magically immobilized so that the defender can just walk past him and get the ball.

To the keepers not rushing out.

It's important for offline players playing against CPU. Kills the emotion of scoring. And in a lot of cases the keeper stays on it's line when the CPU is controlling the opponent.

I think most of the people do not realize this, because they are playing different style, and rarely face 1-on-1 the keeper.

I liked in the past going past the keeper with a fake shot, placing a well timed R2 shot in one of the corners or lob the keeper.

Now I know if I shoot hard and low, slightly to one of the corners it's 100% goal.

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njddGtxEfMA

This years game still switches you off your player on defense and on a player you don't want and you give up a cheesy goal.
I think it's part of the cheating/scripting.

I think for some people it could be to do with playing the other game. Way back when the other game was down right atrocious i always played WE11. But as the other game got better and offered a bit of an alternative i found it easy to move between games when i got feed up with one of them. Old days i would never consider switching. That's just my opinion.

To the keepers not rushing out...
...it's 100% goal.

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njddGtxEfMA

Yeah i see what you mean and i agree that Buffon even though he is not known for his rushing out moves, he would surely have taken a few steps ahead in the situation that you have shown and this probably needs tweaking but only against the AI. I already hate PES taking decisions for me and moving towards Football Manager than an actual football game.

Also keepers such as Neuer rush out way to perfectly in cases of long low through or long high lobbed through balls but as you said not in cases of close 1v1 that needs fixing but again only against AI.

if the release date is the 17th. then the game will be in the stores around the 10th, so that means they start shipping it around the 3rd of september, wich means the had to produce the physical copies earlier to get read for shipping. that means they have to get ready the game and send the digital game to the factories before that...i think they only have around 2 weeks for tweaking the demo so dont wait too long for tweeting them guys

Games usually always come with Day 1 patches now so the code they ship the hard-copy game with can be updated up until the official release date.

I think for some people it could be to do with playing the other game. Way back when the other game was down right atrocious i always played WE11. But as the other game got better and offered a bit of an alternative i found it easy to move between games when i got feed up with one of them. Old days i would never consider switching. That's just my opinion.

Take a deep breath and say it slowly. FIFA. There you go, nothing bad has happened. It's okay, you're allowed to call it by it's name and not "other" and you'll still be alive.

Not sure if you guys knew, but those "Combined Ability" stats (elusiveness, ball retention etc.)were not actual stats. They were calculated by a formula, according to the real stats (those which remain in pes2016 demo), just like the ovr rating. So I'm actually happy they removed those fake stats, as they were more confusing than helping.
I guess the guys at pesstatsdatabase were figuring the formulas out some time ago.

do you know what elusiveness means, the ability to create space from the opposing player and also vision which was also a combined ability means certain players are able to feed a ball thru a narrow gap, obviously xavi stands out but when u start looking at lesser known players, those stats become important, if your trying to build a team in ML and the stats that are there atm, dont give me those indicators.

playing the brasilian clubs, you notice a massive difference in individuality, that mendoza for the corinthians is amazing and also when u have a long shot with petros from corinthians for example, its very weak and that reminds of what pes used to be, and that is what gets me excited for this years game, small things like that, even some of the lesser players dont pass to there target right at there feet if your playing manual, its always a bit off, brilliant stuff, reason im so excited about this is cos all the previous pes games from ps3 onwards wern't that obvious especially shooting, now its there and this is what pes is all about.

This game is growing on me now. I am seeing lots of variation in goals. Also now the ball isn't locked onto to players like it was in 2015. Example playing a cross in 2015 almost always found the head of an attacker or a defender who where perfectly placed. I have seen lots of examples now of the ball going over their head and keeping in play.

As mentioned AI keepers could come off their line a bit more and the fouls/refs need sorting on or before release day

playing the brasilian clubs, you notice a massive difference in individuality, that mendoza for the corinthians is amazing and also when u have a long shot with petros from corinthians for example, its very weak and that reminds of what pes used to be, and that is what gets me excited for this years game, small things like that, even some of the lesser players dont pass to there target right at there feet if your playing manual, its always a bit off, brilliant stuff, reason im so excited about this is cos all the previous pes games from ps3 onwards wern't that obvious especially shooting, now its there and this is what pes is all about.

The last years i've enjoyed myself much more playing with South American teams when playing PES.

Im picking up the notion that the people who keep mentioning PES 5 and 6 just want a game that has restrictive shooting and 6 points of turns!

Lets be honest 6 point turning is not exactly realistic is it now?!

I think that alot of it is down to nostalgia...it seems to me that you have put the older games on a pedastal, therefore no matter what you dont get as much enjoyment from newer games....

For me Rainbow 6 and MW 1 are the best multiplayer experiences i have had, and despite there being better games my nostalgia tendencies play a part in me not fully enjoying the newer games.

This new PES is more fluid and more REALISTIC than the older 6 points of turns PES... admittedly tho the older games were harder.. but is that down to resctive movements and limited shooting.. i mean now with all the new angles and fluidity scoring, passing and dribbling are much easier to a skilled player.

The last years i've enjoyed myself much more playing with South American teams when playing PES.

Yeah I enjoyed playing South American leagues too for lPES 15 and till now it's still giving me a good fix till 16 comes out, great thing about 16 is now the animations look great taking the game to another level. Good times ahead mate.

This game is growing on me now. I am seeing lots of variation in goals. Also now the ball isn't locked onto to players like it was in 2015. Example playing a cross in 2015 almost always found the head of an attacker or a defender who where perfectly placed. I have seen lots of examples now of the ball going over their head and keeping in play.

As mentioned AI keepers could come off their line a bit more and the fouls/refs need sorting on or before release day

The demo is really addictive. I keep telling myself that I'm only going to play 3 games. . ... next of all it's 3 hours later and I'm still saying just one more!

They couldn't release the game with the A.I. bribed refs could they?

Same here.

Played a couple of games last night. Still nice and enjoyable.
Set the game speed on -1 but I didn´t feel much difference to 0.

Gonna try -2 today.

0 is quite too fast for me and I hope they tone it down for the full game.

-1 is just not responsive not even with world class players on PS3. i dunno tbh without fixing the major bugs + without setting up proper tactics + with bad servers how long could i enjoy the full game. i hope they suprise me

Back
Top Bottom