PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Well i have the beta for FIFA 16 clubs, i have yet too play it but my friends who are FIFA fan boys do not rate it... they just say its a clunky versio of FIFA 15 lol.

There's a real solid game in this demo but it's got some shortcomings that I'm worried if they aren't fixed/improved will significantly hurt the long term value of the game. I do remember last year liking the retail version more than the demo, so I'm hopeful, but for me substantial improvements are necessary between this version and the 2016 retail code.

Issues that need to be addressed:

- lack of CPU fouls is a major problem;

- the game is very open and counter-attack oriented, and it doesn't take much to break down the AI defense;

- R2 shooting is too clinical;

- regarding shooting in general, I seem to be seeing a quite high conversion rate on goal scoring opportunities (i.e. if an attacker is open within decent range, it's almost automatic);

- not seeing a great variety in goal scoring opportunities (most goals come from counter-attacks, 1-on-1s, and wing-play);

- not in love with the dribbling system (though this may change with more experience) while pace abuse is a worry;

-while I love the sliding tackle system, really not a fan of the standing tackle defensive mechanics, and I'm sick of seeing that one lunging tackle animation;

- player awareness, especially defenders, can be lacking in critical moments.

If they can add CPU fouls, improve the shooting, and make the game a little less open and less counter-attack oriented, I think it'd be a pretty solid game and maybe something special. If any one of those three issues aren't addressed, I'm worried the game won't have lasting appeal. At the moment it's kinda reminding me of FIFA in terms of open-ness and counter-attacking, but with better player models and movement physics.

Agree with everything here... there's an extremely solid game here, but with the shooting and passing as it is currently, it's slanting a bit more towards arcadey-ness - and what is most jarring right now is the lack of individuality.

I just played two games as Palmeiras against Bayern Munich as a test, one on top player and one on superstar, with my goals being to take as many shots from outside the box (or inside the box, off balance) as possible, and to do elaborate passing to see if I felt it was much more difficult with such a weaker team. I did not alter my tactics to play differently against a top team at all. On top player, I finished the game with 88% passing (and I was not just passing between my defenders), had 11 shots (6 on target) to their 1, and lost possession 53-47 (not terrible, but I would expect worse). On superstar, I ended up with 8 shots to their 4, and 85% passing. They did win the second game, so there's that at least... but I was more worried about the other aspects than actually winning.

I took video (especially of all the long shots) and am going to try to make a little compilation. The good news on the long shots is that I did not score most of them, but the bad news is they were pretty much all powerful (including a right footed shot with my left-footed left back with low ratings), and either narrowly missed or had to be saved. Never ever did I see a shot get shanked. I also felt it was way too easy to knock Bayern players off the ball. Hoping they still have time to fix at least some of these things before release.

Keep everything in place and add in more individuality has already stated before but the individuality needs to be more pronounced that's for sure.

After further playthroughs pro level - 1 or -2 speed (because I am a old man) all manual is all I need for an enjoyable game till I learn the controls sufficiently. Top player will have to wait a couple months.

Fun Fun game

Last edited:
after playing the demo for 3 days all I can say this is the best pes ever, it has the dynamics of ps2 days, it was fun and it was awesome in all :) i don't know what everyone expect, at the end of the day it's just a game that represents the sport and in my opinion in the best way ever. of course the game have some problems and the biggest is lack of fouls, that must be fixed for the full game release. Also i experience a lot of variety from the opponent, they score some goals that make me stand up from the chair like when i saw some great goal on tv :) btw i play on full manual and basic through ball, all other settings on off, -2 game speed, top player. everyone who want simulation should play on full manual becouse you have endless possibilities in passing and shooting. also i liked a lot L1+Ox2 low shooting, keepers show amazing reflexes when save this shots and goals scored this way are very live like :) can't wait to play master league with all additions from 2015 becouse 2015 was very basic. if we were able to share files tactics will transform the game a lot in a good way :)

Great to read an uncomplicated fair review.The bottom line has always been playability,the rest is a bonus.

How it can it be the best PES ever with no fouls and shocking referees...I suppose the fouls could be fixed on 2 player but single player it just ruins the footballing experience

Why would Konami waste time and resources releasing a demo which is different from the final version? It doesn't make sense.

I have played another 6 or so matches of this today and it's a good game but way too many things let it down.

I won't buy it and will wait until I have read the feedback on various forums and Twitter. I just don't want to spend £80 on 2 football games again this year.

I think it will be FIFA again for me. From the videos that some have posted here, it looks more realistic, slower and more of a simulation than PES 2016. I never thought I would find myself writing that.

:(

FIFA 16 is still far from realistic, don't let the videos fool you. I cant find anything different from 15 apart from slowing the game down, making the AI better to play against and the off the ball dribbling. I still feel FIFA 14 is the better of the Next Gen Games.

Like someone in here wrote: FIFA looks like football, PES feels like football.
I never claimen to be a great gamer, but i've played football, coaches it and referees it and i agree with that statement.

How it can it be the best PES ever with no fouls and shocking referees...I suppose the fouls could be fixed on 2 player but single player it just ruins the footballing experience
Its like always ! Every year , every new PES they say that is THE BEST and THE KING IS BACK , but just wait a bit , after game release , the moaning will begin . This game has to much flops to be " the best " its insulting for hole PES franchise if THAT is the best .

gk4WvL.jpg

WjoFn6.jpg

Last edited:
hitmanuk How it can it be the best PES ever with no fouls and shocking referees

I think all of us players young and old have gotten a little to nice on the sticks for the Devs to give us fouls and handballs in a football game/sim hybrid.

Simply saying that what the devs are trying to achieve in a 20 to 30 minute time frame for gaming enjoyment vs Real life game. Some realism has to be sacrificed.

Especially when you get to knocking off the assists and anytime you go full manual with both games you are basically begging the A.I to program a low scoring game

Will be really interesting to see if the competitor addresses the handball issue this year with 16 cause the way it was addressed in 15 was a joke. I guarantee you whatever route they take gamers will not be satisfied.

Issue to be discussed for sure.

Last edited:
FIFA 16 is still far from realistic, don't let the videos fool you. I cant find anything different from 15 apart from slowing the game down, making the AI better to play against and the off the ball dribbling. I still feel FIFA 14 is the better of the Next Gen Games.
I disagree. From what I played at GC, the game feels very different compared to FIFA 15. And I could have sworn that this is the most realistic football game I've played to date.
It was that good.

As I said, the fact that the players felt weightier meant that the whole on-the-ball part of the game feels different and better. The same can also be said about the defending - if you have good positioning it was impossible to abuse pace like in 15... Also the teammates' AI has been improved - a lot more covering and proper positioning from them, as well as interceptions.

Don't know about the beta you've played - if I were to believe you, that would probably mean they've fucked up the gameplay...

Sorry for the OT...

I disagree. From what I played at GC, the game feels very different compared to FIFA 15. And I could have sworn that this is the most realistic football game I've played to date.
It was that good.

As I said, the fact that the players felt weightier meant that the whole on-the-ball part of the game feels different and better. The same can also be said about the defending - if you have good positioning it was impossible to abuse pace like in 15... Also the teammates' AI has been improved - a lot more covering and proper positioning from them, as well as interceptions.

Don't know about the beta you've played - if I were to believe you, that would probably mean they've fucked up the gameplay...

Sorry for the OT...

I am playing the beta and players feel a lot heavier than Fifa 15. Pace, passing , tempo and player movements are spot on.Everything is great so far, i hope they don't screw it up for the final release cuz this is the best football game ı've played for a long time.

Like someone in here wrote: FIFA looks like football, PES feels like football..

If super-fast ping pong passing, being able to score wonder goals with your goalkeeper, players feeling like they are skating instead of running and getting awarded no free kicks by the ref "feels like real football" then I really do despair.

Last edited:
If super-fast ping pong passing, being able to score wonder goals with your goalkeeper and getting awarded no free kicks by the ref "feels like real football" then I am done with the sport and gaming!

So you're done with Fifa is what I get from this.

I think all of us players young and old have gotten a little to nice on the sticks for the Devs to give us fouls and handballs in a football game/sim hybrid.

Simply saying that what the devs are trying to achieve in a 20 to 30 minute time frame for gaming enjoyment vs Real life game. Some realism has to be sacrificed.

Especially when you get to knocking off the assists and anytime you go full manual with both games you are basically begging the A.I to program a low scoring game

Will be really interesting to see if the competitor addresses the handball issue this year with 16 cause the way it was addressed in 15 was a joke. I guarantee you whatever route they take gamers will not be satisfied.

Issue to be discussed for sure.

Totally agree. It's a video game. In the end, a fun factor has to be maintained or it simply won't sell enough to still be around.

If super-fast ping pong passing, being able to score wonder goals with your goalkeeper, players feeling like they are skating instead of running and getting awarded no free kicks by the ref "feels like real football" then I really do despair.

I've decided you are so full of shit!

Your posts are schizophrenic, not the game.one moment you are posting how much you enjoy it and the next you are absolutely slating it.

There is absolutely no balance to any of your posts, its either shit or great so why bother posting just stop playing it now you have made your mind up.

Your posts are schizophrenic, not the game.one moment you are posting how much you enjoy it and the next you are absolutely slating it.

There is absolutely no balance to any of your posts, its either shit or great so why bother posting just stop playing it now you have made your mind up.

No need to get heated, it's just a game.

I initially loved it, played it some more, discovered it's flaws, woke up today, played some more and had a few interesting matches, played it LOTS more and then concluded that the flaws outweigh what's good.

Maybe next year Konami will nail it? Or the year after? Or maybe the year after that?

profit90
Totally agree. It's a video game. In the end, a fun factor has to be maintained or it simply won't sell enough to still be around.

Thanks my brother. Since 10 with both games the exact same arguments have been addressed Ad nauseam. I have come to the belief that both sets of devs just can not over come the technical shortcomings and at least give us what they can achieve.

Shat my pants with a big haha. Evo web is for the grown and sexy and why I come to lurk so often.

Last edited:
Like someone in here wrote: FIFA looks like football, PES feels like football.
I never claimen to be a great gamer, but i've played football, coaches it and referees it and i agree with that statement.

Nice to see a post that makes sense for a change

I initially loved it, played it some more, discovered it's flaws, woke up today, played some more and had a few interesting matches, played it LOTS more and then concluded that the flaws outweigh what's good.

Maybe next year Konami will nail it? Or the year after? Or maybe the year after that?

This is not about the game. It's about your posts. They are annoying.
In the end i have every respect for people who absolutely hate PES 2000-whatever. It's the way they formulate their opinion. If you would have loved the demo, i would be as annoyed with your posts.
Can't you sense that lots of people are fed up with the way you express your opinion.

Maybe you could try to change that a litle bit.

As for the demo, i already stated that i haven't played it, since i'm on holiday...

No hard feelings.

We expect You to despair enough to leave the thread of the game You dont like most,soon.Sitting in both camps just puts You in the spotlight even more than You already are here,Clown Baby.

Welcome back ninjabreakz

Can't believe the negativity..been loving the demo since Wednesday night..

Lenient refs and I stress lenient..that aside the gameplay is perfect.

Played Fifa14 and 15 to death alongside pes15 and for me pes16 is in a different dimension.

I guess you can't please everyone.

Back
Top Bottom