PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

That trailer must be something special, the last one from EA is awesome

Not great in visual way,not expecting that, KONAMI will achieve that maybe in two-three years but at least awesome in features shown.

That's how you make a trailer

To be honest, FIFA player models aren't that bad at all. They are just less idealized than PES where every player has very slender body type.

Ultimately what matter more are physics, control responsiveness, animation which FIFA is doing better right now. I don't care about license or even graphics or whatever that much but what put me off in PES 2014 is the sluggish control and yeah, player animation.

By this super amazing logic FOX Engine is better than face scanning people. Think about what you're writing. The PES team has always had better artists than the FIFA team. It has nothing to do with the engine. PES always had better faces, regardless of FOX Engine or Ignite or whatever else.

Seriously... FOX engine does allow for more detail into models and faces, that's a fact. I'm not making a case for FIFA, you're getting all white knight over it.

Seriously... FOX engine does allow for more detail into models and faces, that's a fact. I'm not making a case for FIFA, you're getting all white knight over it.

Not really, that's not a fact, we don't know that much about Ignite to say if it's inferior or superior to the Fox Engine. Everything else is up to the artists.

How am I white-knighting FIFA? I'm saying Konami has better artists than face scanning. If anything I'm condemning FIFA artists for their inability to produce better results with more budget and better technology.

Where did I also say that FOX Engine didn't allow for more detail? That's obvious. I'm saying that the differences between both games comes down to the quality of the artists when it comes to faces. Not the engine that the games are being developed on.

And @ face scanning: In theory, it's always better than an artist because it gives you accurate proportions, but you can't use it for every single player in the game for obvious reasons. Facial expressions/texture quality is a seperate issue.

How am I white-knighting FIFA? I'm saying Konami has better artists than face scanning. If anything I'm condemning FIFA artists for their inability to produce better results with more budget and better technology.

Where did I also say that FOX Engine didn't allow for more detail? That's obvious. I'm saying that the differences between both games comes down to the quality of the artists when it comes to faces. Not the engine that the games are being developed on.

Where did I say you were white knighting FIFA? Pretty obvious you are putting over the current amazing PES "artists".
But no, the engines these games are being developed on do impact the gameplay and visuals. In full effect, body models and facial expressions in FOX engine will no doubt top everything Ignite does. But this comes with a price, a laggy one.
FIFA is trying to improve visual fidelity without costing them much performance. PES 2014 was a huge mess and cuts had to be made. Will PES 2015 be fully optimized? This is a discussion we must have, that is, if we are okay to leave the bubble and stop treating PES like it's our football club and more of a product we should try to help improve.

Last edited:

That trailer must be something special, the last one from EA is awesome

Not great in visual way,not expecting that, KONAMI will achieve that maybe in two-three years but at least awesome in features shown.

That's how you make a trailer

Are You serious? Last EA Trailer was special?:LOL: Oh my God :OOOH:

Where did I say you were white knighting FIFA? Pretty obvious you are putting over the current amazing PES "artists".
But no, the engines these games are being developed on do impact the gameplay and visuals. In full effect, body models and facial expressions in FOX engine will no doubt top everything Ignite does. But this comes with a price, a laggy one.
FIFA is trying to improve visual fidelity without costing them much performance. PES 2014 was a huge mess and cuts had to be made. Will PES 2015 be fully optimized? This is a discussion we must have, that is, if we are okay to leave the bubble and stop treating PES like it's our football club and more of a product we should try to help improve.

Wow you speak with so much authority

Come on guy you can't make those claims. the problems with pes2014 stem from hardware limitations. It was for this reason that it has to be stripped down

You would swear EA are faultless based on some of the people here.

Besides the fancy shmanxy video, what have we learnt more about Fifa, pitch deterioration was highlighted previously along with player faces showing emotion (well done you are now on par with pes2010) and poles move when you hit the bar.

Does any of this mean you are going to play a better game of football?

Sorry for the OT but I expect Pes vids to be centered around the gameplay first and foremost.

Graphical elements and niceties can be kept for PES2016

A guy from Turkish forums says he has a Pc beta and he is saying important things about the game right now but ı am not sure if he is lying or not..He added these for proof:

70A0E8352D60B5C967CA25BB871790B5.jpg

95C0415B48E207C43087F5D6A444D8A6.jpg

Last edited:

every year i hear the same stories, the same beautiful optimistic words about the game. every single year i feel disappointed. oh well.. pes 2015 should be more like pes6 but i know it won't be. sorry guys but it's time to face the truth. pes will never be the same as we remembered. just like you, i'm waiting for first gameplay video and i don't pray for a better game than fifa, but the game i'll play longer than 2 weeks.

Sorry for the OT but I expect Pes vids to be centered around the gameplay first and foremost.

Graphical elements and niceties can be kept for PES2016

This is the feeling for most fans, I reckon. We had years of graphical wonders and disappointing gameplays. I for one, wouldn't mind one bit if we get a PES2014 HD re-mastering, but with a great or at least reasonable gameplay.

Most of us, are with them since the PS1 days. Graphics are not the most important thing.

I was playing PES2014 last night and on the PC I think it looks pretty good. At 1080@60fps it looks crisp, vibrant and smooth. If this is what PS4 and XB1 owners are getting, with hopefully a few other graphical improvements on top, then PES2015 won't look bad by any means. Far from it.

That's why I'm not that concerned by reports of last-gen graphics. Next-gen consoles owners will be getting what PC owners have had for years now and that's a decent looking game.

It is a shame that we won't be getting the high-end visuals I know the PC/PS4/XB1 are capable of, but I want the gameplay to be heading in the right direction first. Konami clearly doesn't have the resources for wholesale overhauls of this game.

A guy from Turkish forums says he has a Pc beta and he is saying important things about the game right now but ı am not sure if he is lying or not.
The last picture is obviously fake, just look at the artifacts around the logo.

There is something konami should do it, is using a edit mod to add new infinit fake teams, and transformed in to the UCL and UEL in to the play-off tree.
What i mean? Is make the game more real.

What a dream will be playing a team in the first play-off tree, qualifying to the UCL or UEL, if we lose on UCL play-off tree and move in to the UEL... :SMUG:

http://pt.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/clubs/round=2000544/index.html

Playing with SP La Fiorita or other team from this play-off and make the dreams come true. Or maybe playing with your favorite team at the beginning.

Huh?? What??

Why not just playing the ML?

I was playing PES2014 last night and on the PC I think it looks pretty good. At 1080@60fps it looks crisp, vibrant and smooth. If this is what PS4 and XB1 owners are getting, with hopefully a few other graphical improvements on top, then PES2015 won't look bad by any means. Far from it.

That's why I'm not that concerned by reports of last-gen graphics. Next-gen consoles owners will be getting what PC owners have had for years now and that's a decent looking game.

It is a shame that we won't be getting the high-end visuals I know the PC/PS4/XB1 are capable of, but I want the gameplay to be heading in the right direction first. Konami clearly doesn't have the resources for wholesale overhauls of this game.

The main visual issues, imo, is not how the overall game looks in terms of models, faces, textures and so forth, but how they animate. There's simply not enough variety and some animations are very dodgy. If they sort out those issues, PES will look fine.

The main visual issues, imo, is not how the overall game looks in terms of models, faces, textures and so forth, but how they animate. There's simply not enough variety and some animations are very dodgy. If they sort out those issues, PES will look fine.

Agreed. If Konami flesh out the animations and make them more contextual then I feel most people will be happy with how PES2015 looks on NG consoles.

A guy from Turkish forums says he has a Pc beta and he is saying important things about the game right now but ı am not sure if he is lying or not..He added these for proof:

70A0E8352D60B5C967CA25BB871790B5.jpg

95C0415B48E207C43087F5D6A444D8A6.jpg

1196.gif

I cannot wait to see this demo be released on 2015.

Last edited:

Also I'm surprised you said rFactor doesn't cater to simulation fans. It sure does. It's where all the super serious league racers go. Consider the age of the rFactor engine and what else was available at the time. I can't think of anything else then or since that would be considered more 'sim', other than its successor rFactor 2. In fact, that ageing ISImotor engine is still powering current releases such as Simbin's Raceroom and Reiza's Game Stock Car, the latter of which is widely considered the finest simulation available at present.

F1 series have their own league of "hardcore simulation fans" but the fact is that the real hardcore simulation fans either kept playing GP3/GP4, stopped playing or is settling for mediocrity.

I'm not going to elaborate any more on that.

I think PES would profit on ignoring licenses and make editing very convenient instead. Spend the money they save on licenses by paying nesa24 to help them evolve the gameplay instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom