PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

I thought we established last year not to trust Brazilian websites.

Why they are posting on PES NEWS website? :SHOCK:
I don´t know what websites i can trust now... :BORED:
I'm going to stop watching this PES NEWS Website and dedicated to wait and wait without reading nothing.

Last edited:

I also find the rumours of konamis own take on ultimate team mouth watering..the possibilities there of something cut from konamis own cloth is simply mind boggling and again would certainly be welcome as I've always felt it could be done better and would tie in nicely with a evolved master league.

Some real promise on the table this year,and I'm really hopeful the think tank at Konami has decided to completely smash the box up..simplify a bloated unnecessary control interface that is more contextual and encompasses more variation on ball flight both in grounded passes and the aerial pass,especIally crossing.

Without getting to ahead of myself,these are major areas where the evolution needs to happen and this can be done in the confines of the technology they already have in place.

A raw base is already there in pes14..these are the areas where the refinements need to happen.

That site is claiming PES 2015 will have dynamic weather and that wind/rain will influence the physics of the game.

Serie B was a educated guess, not confirmed yet.

I imagine so. Konami can't compete in that arena for several reasons (finances, unavailable licenses etc...) but I bet their profit margin isn't that much less than EA's after all is said and done. Konami should focus on gameplay and making the editing mode as intuitive and expansive as possible. Those two elements were always been Konami's ace in the hole, especially during the "glory" years.

That is true, but don't forget that those people in charge of getting these licenses probably have no contact with the PES development team. So it's not as if they have to chose: licensing or gameplay (or whatever people think has priority).

If they want licenses they have to pay big money. With the decline in sales it's probably not going to happen.

For KONAMI licensing is important because that's what is selling the game. KONAMI saw this in South-America where they have obtained licenses. Most people don't think like allot of people on this forum. most people are simple minded people: " o it has premier league lets buy it" (I know this because I work as a therapist). KONAMI as a company doesn't know how important marketing is or how important it is to have good relation with your fanbase/customers.

I know the storm has settled on this forum, but this is abslute proof that not only in the development team they don't know what they are doing it is in every layer of the company. Those in charge of the licensing should be more agressive to obtain those licenses and those in charge of the development should do a better job. they are paid for it.

Last edited:

Jamenzhino

Likewise I'm a stadia buff and like the cut and thrust of a smaller arena..the good ole days of pitch variation from the ps2,knocking it on random and that feeling of variety.Especially nice in the Italian league and spanish league and the feeling of all the smaller venues,over the lush green cauldrons.

Priceless stuff that adds a greater level of immersion and shouldn't be undervalued...tie this in with weather variables,scarves and all the wealth of touches that have been taken out including smaller crowd capacities.

That site is claiming PES 2015 will have dynamic weather and that wind/rain will influence the physics of the game.

Ok so sorry.
Stop reading PES NEWS Forever and for now on.
Tired to talk about PES.

More News!

http://pesnews.net/clima-din-mico-s...pes-2015.0249b97b25630a5072f255be27271e8c.htm

Please use the translator.

Brazillian Serie B coming to PES 2015. Confimed only on GamesCom. (maybe)
Bad and Strong Weather is coming...

tumblr_mb08cyFx0P1rhq4q3o1_500.gif

The article says that there will be a good surprise for brazilian fans, and he thinks that it could the Série B license. He's not stating This as something that will be officialy anounced, it's just His assumption.

The "news" about weather having influence on ball physics is already known some days ago.

I though Serie B's were already confirmed for all the licensed leagues. I am pretty sure they will all be in, including South American leagues.

Better way is waiting for the demo, and see in our eyes, things as been done correctly.

I don't know if it's just me, but in most footy games I found that playing in the rain is actually more enjoyable. I like it.

But as someone said, Konami need to get the ball physics in "normal" condictions right first.

I don't know if it's just me, but in most footy games I found that playing in the rain is actually more enjoyable. I like it.

But as someone said, Konami need to get the ball physics in "normal" condictions right first.

Everything...

Going a few posts back. The increase of stadia is a major point in the success of the series. Shipping a game with 20 something stadiums (2 or 3 even from pre-order dlc) is criminal in this day and age. Even with patches on pc, the number of stadia is still very low. And get the game boring after a short time.

If you can't get more stadiums licensed, at least gives us tones of fake stadiums, in all shapes and sizes. I have a feeling that the removal of the stadium editor wasn't due to licensing, since you couldn't replicate any official stadium, but rather them didn't have the time or space to put it in the disk. So maybe we will see a return in 2015.

I miss that PES Shop and random matches when you pick league or continent :)

If you can't get more stadiums licensed, at least gives us tones of fake stadiums, in all shapes and sizes.
Agree. Or, at least, let us share/import our own ones (which would be even better).

My take on the matter:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2699282&highlight=stadiums#post2699282

And on licensing in general:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1958498&highlight=stadia#post1958498
(Explained better here: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1446894&postcount=4593)

I know no-one at Konami would ever listen to these ideas (and many would disagree, even on these boards) but well...

Last edited:

Jamenzhino

Likewise I'm a stadia buff and like the cut and thrust of a smaller arena..the good ole days of pitch variation from the ps2,knocking it on random and that feeling of variety.Especially nice in the Italian league and spanish league and the feeling of all the smaller venues,over the lush green cauldrons.

Priceless stuff that adds a greater level of immersion and shouldn't be undervalued...tie this in with weather variables,scarves and all the wealth of touches that have been taken out including smaller crowd capacities.

Spot on Banksy. There was something just so raw about some of the stadiums, pitch textures etc on old PES's. I understand that KONAMI has thought we need to move with the times, but the pitches/stadia now seem so generic and lifeless. And the variety was excellent in terms of portraying pitch conditions. I suppose the issue is, is that modern pitches for example are generally lawns, but a bit more variety in terms of wear and tear and conditions across the board would be welcomed.

Spot on Banksy. There was something just so raw about some of the stadiums, pitch textures etc on old PES's. I understand that KONAMI has thought we need to move with the times, but the pitches/stadia now seem so generic and lifeless. And the variety was excellent in terms of portraying pitch conditions. I suppose the issue is, is that modern pitches for example are generally lawns, but a bit more variety in terms of wear and tear and conditions across the board would be welcomed.
what PES succeeds over fifa in all the installments is the stadium variety and imitation, the old pes just got it so right, the pitch side details, the distance btw goal post and crowds, the stadium imitation is grt in pes, also the different pitch conditions...
we need that back.

That is true, but don't forget that those people in charge of getting these licenses probably have no contact with the PES development team. So it's not as if they have to chose: licensing or gameplay (or whatever people think has priority).

If they want licenses they have to pay big money. With the decline in sales it's probably not going to happen.

For KONAMI licensing is important because that's what is selling the game. KONAMI saw this in South-America where they have obtained licenses. Most people don't think like allot of people on this forum. most people are simple minded people: " o it has premier league lets buy it" (I know this because I work as a therapist). KONAMI as a company doesn't know how important marketing is or how important it is to have good relation with your fanbase/customers.

I know the storm has settled on this forum, but this is abslute proof that not only in the development team they don't know what they are doing it is in every layer of the company. Those in charge of the licensing should be more agressive to obtain those licenses and those in charge of the development should do a better job. they are paid for it.

Yep, u made a point!

I hope KONAMI never loses the licenses for EL and CL.
I love playing matches in those tournaments, specially after I´ve watched a CL match on TV.

When I switched to FIFA in 2012, where I played the manager mode, this was really missing and not even the mods could satisfy me there.

If they just wanted to reintroduce everything they removed during the years they would create a masterpiece

Agree. Or, at least, let us share/import our own ones (which would be even better).

My take on the matter:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2699282&highlight=stadiums#post2699282

And on licensing in general:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1958498&highlight=stadia#post1958498
(Explained better here: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1446894&postcount=4593)

I know no-one at Konami would ever listen to these ideas (and many would disagree, even on these boards) but well...
As an rFactor/rFactor2 player I certainly see the virtues of that model. Sadly I cannot see how it would work for a mainstream, multi-format football title. PES shipped without licences and minimal content would quickly dwindle to niche title status. This is exactly what rF/rf2 are.

As I could't find a suggestions thread during my swift search I thought this was a good place as any to post it.

I've been thinking of this idea for a while and I've come to the conclusion that team styles and team tactics and formation is a too simple way to distinguish between how teams play in the long run. Especially in game modes such as ML and BAL where it's natural to play quite a few seasons.

My suggestion is that instead of having formation and strategies locked to teams, Konami should create individual and editable managers who have their own preffered styles and strategies that they bring to whichever club they are contracted to. Konami could then focus on creating a few high profile manager styles and leave the rest more or less generic, the community would probably remake and tweak everything in place in a short while anyway.

Managers would then get fired and hired over the course of time and teams would then switch styles and strategies as new managers take over. This is a very simple way to create a more dynamic and varied career. Clubs should have a preferred style at least, so that managers that prefer, for example, possession based football is more likely to get hired by clubs that prefer that type of football.

This in turn could help fix the crazy transfer system in this game. Players out of favor due to their main position no longer being used in the current formation would be more likely to want to move clubs while high profile players in high profile clubs that gets regular playtime in their fav position would be less likely to accept offers and so on.

I agree!
Anything that adds more depth to the ML is welcomed.

I wanna have the option again to invest in better team doctors, physio therapists, scouts, co-coaches etc.
I don´t know why, but after reading the impressions of the podcast etc. I´m quite optimistic about the gameplay itself.

The modes and everything on the side is important too and me, who always loved playing ML and build up a team with the standars like Minandinho, Castolis etc. was quite disappointed with this years´ ML.

I´m curious what they have to offer this time.

PES shipped without licences and minimal content would quickly dwindle to niche title status. This is exactly what rF/rf2 are.
I completely agree.
That's why I said it wouldn't work unfortunately.

As an rFactor/rFactor2 player I certainly see the virtues of that model. Sadly I cannot see how it would work for a mainstream, multi-format football title. PES shipped without licences and minimal content would quickly dwindle to niche title status. This is exactly what rF/rf2 are.

There are far more factors to consider than that. I've player more or less every racing sim/game on the market and while rfactor is fairly decent there's still the issue that the game doesn't cater to arcade action gamers nor simulator fans. Like most other games, it's neither bird nor fish in that regard yet the latter part of the audience is screaming for a decent simulator, particularly the F1 community.

There's also the decline in interest into racing games to consider, and so on. So it's not just as simple as to say that if rfactor is a niche product due to lack of licenses, PES will suffer the same fate. That's just a way too simple cause/effect theory.

Gameplay and marketing rules all, so the game with the better gameplay will be most popular by the majority of the users regardless of licenses provided that editing and community patching is relatively convenient.

EDIT: Take a look at Project CARS (Community Assisted Racing Simulator), for example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom