PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

I didn't know that the passing power meter was arcade because it removes the feeling of free flow found in Fifa and that player emotions blur the line between game and reality making Fifa a true simulation.

My brain cells have been damaged by reading that preview.

I didn't know that the passing power meter was arcade because it removes the feeling of free flow found in Fifa and that player emotions blur the line between game and reality making Fifa a true simulation.

My brain cells have been damaged by reading that preview.

It's the same type of comparision that used to claim FIFA as more realistic because it had all the real licenses.

I would be so pissed if I was working hard to make a good game and then some douche made a shitty trailer based on it.

A few gameplay systems or fixes I would love to see in the game:

- True stamina/fatigue, meaning you can't spam the running button all game and expect at 93 mins for your player to go box to box like it's the first minute. Also, fatigue between matches add up if you don't let your players rest via subs and etc. Overworking a certain player should result in a serious injury or bad form/performance.

- Ref AI needs to be fixed and the advantage rule in full effect with yellow cards.

- Camera angles and replay. When defending you can't see the penalty area during a corner which is horrible and offside replays sometimes don't show the actual offside.

- Get rid of the dots in free kicks, penalties are horrible in PES 2014... go back to PES 2013 system.

Last edited:

I would be so pissed if I was working hard to make a good game and then some douche made a shitty trailer based on it.

A few gameplay systems or fixes I would love to see in the game:

- True stamina/fatigue, meaning you can't spam the running button all game and expect at 93 mins for your player to go box to box like it's the first minute. Also, fatigue between matches add up if you don't let your players rest via subs and etc. Overworking a certain player should result in a serious injury or bad form/performance.

- Ref AI needs to be fixed and the advantage rule in full effect with yellow cards.

- Camera angles and replay. When defending you can't see the penalty area during a corner which is horrible and offside replays sometimes don't show the actual offside.

- Get rid of the dots in free kicks, penalties are horrible in PES 2014... go back to PES 2013 system.

They're also poor in PES 2013, '12, '11, '10 etc... The whole system needs revamping.

They're also poor in PES 2013, '12, '11, '10 etc... The whole system needs revamping.

Disagree. They are good in 2014. Give us tones of different oucomes. But sometimes the input seems to be lost. Between the power bar, that circle and your left stick action the game sometimes assume something you didn't want. They need to be improved, but I would maintain the system.

Disagree. They are good in 2014. Give us tones of different oucomes. But sometimes the input seems to be lost. Between the power bar, that circle and your left stick action the game sometimes assume something you didn't want. They need to be improved, but I would maintain the system.

Taking penalties in a football video game should be tense, fun and a essentially a game in itself. It's neither in PES 2014. Konami have never done penalties well. FIFA has a better grasp of it now but even their system needs work.

Fifa is not simulation but way more realistic than Pes in many areas..

I would say it is more realistic in sound, the whole atmosphere, shooting is better and passing has a better flow.

In the NG version the replays are beautiful at times.

The circle kills the moment and yes, the left stick gets unresponsive. While the previous systems weren't perfect, they were at least decent. Can't say the same about the one in PES 2014.

Taking penalties in a football video game should be tense, fun and a essentially a game in itself. It's neither in PES 2014. Konami have never done penalties well. FIFA has a better grasp of it now but even their system needs work.

In terms of atmosphere yes, I agree with you. But I was talking more on how the system works.

The circle kills the moment and yes, the left stick gets unresponsive. While the previous systems weren't perfect, they were at least decent. Can't say the same about the one in PES 2014.

I think that was one of the many thing that felt unfinnished. But I'm hoping that returns for 2015, but correctly implemented. In 2013 was almost impossible to miss. I was so easy to put it in the corner that Gk's couldn't almost never saved. Before that your input was barelly none. Just chose a side, high or low, and how strong it gets. And now I can choose were to put it. And when it works is great. The circle thing is optional. And when you're playing with a friend I will not use it (for obvious reasons), so the immersion is there.

Best cover ever

proevo3.jpg

It scared you into buying it
Best PES ever

PES 5 may be more complete and polished, but PES 3 was the pinnacle of the series IMO. Jawdropping at times. I played it a year ago and some animations were amazing for a 2003 game.

Read about the jinking run in this preview of PES 2015:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pes-2015_Games_review

It describes PES 2015 as an arcade offer and Fifa 15 as a simulation.

Can you point this claim out to me, I keyword searched that article and read it twice, nothing I could see said this. People looking for what they want to see I feel, unless I am missing a page link, let me know if I missed something as it seems only 1 page?

Having played both PES 2015 and FIFA 15 back-to-back, it is difficult to see Konami toppling EA’s command of the football gaming space anytime soon. That isn’t to say PES 2015 isn’t a top game in its own right, though. Konami has made a number of improvements, namely the addition of the jinking run control, sadly the overall package falls just short once again.

Falling short to what yard stick? I assume not his personal view but "against" Fifa? This is what makes me smile, I dont see any point in a review starting from the premise of beating Fifa, not very balanced at all. I don't care that PES never beats Fifa personally, I just want to know about the game in its individual right :)

"not very trusted reviews" for me :)

Last edited:

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_3.jpg

Best PES ever

PES 5 may be more complete and polished, but PES 3 was the pinnacle of the series IMO. Jawdropping at times. I played it a year ago and some animations were amazing for a 2003 game.

This was the first really playable and addictive football game for me, and the one that occupied a lot of my spare time. All football games before it felt a bit gimmicky and childish. David Trezeguet was a beast in this game.

Last edited:

Agreed.

PES 3 was so solid

Clearly remember the day I got it. And how i felt when I first played it.

Aah the good life before we became poisoned by the world wide web.

I will also never forget how dissappointed I was with pes 1 and 2 after playing winning eleven 4 I expected this huge jump and there just wasnt.

Yeah, in the right hands it is, but... This was done on mobile platform (smartphones/phablets/tablets).

Anyway here is new contol layup for PES 2015:

430e1c_53ac3b4000a68.jpg

Looks interesting.

PES 6 Controls? :APPLAUD:
--------------------------------------------------
100% agreed.
PES 3 is a great game so far, because was the only one i have so much fun play with.
Don´t forget PES 1 and 2, i still wanna see if konami give us this 2 games ported to PC.
Don´t use PCSX2 emu because is not so great for low pc's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNECabzQgAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKZeQRRSzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeLGTIIOntU

Last edited:

Can you point this claim out to me, I keyword searched that article and read it twice, nothing I could see said this. People looking for what they want to see I feel, unless I am missing a page link, let me know if I missed something as it seems only 1 page?
The author says: "Whereas FIFA is further blurring the lines between gaming and reality, with evolving pitches and enhanced player emotions, PES still feels more of an arcade offering."

Agreed.

PES 3 was so solid

Clearly remember the day I got it. And how i felt when I first played it.

Aah the good life before we became poisoned by the world wide web.

I will also never forget how dissappointed I was with pes 1 and 2 after playing winning eleven 4 I expected this huge jump and there just wasnt.

PES3 was fantastic, although I feel PES5 was a little better as it refined things further. Still, PES3 was the football game that changed everything and should be acknowledged as the pivotal moment for the PES series.

I remember getting the demo disk from a shop in town where I placed my pre-order, rushing home and playing it endlessly. England v Argentina at Anfield. It was just amazing. The passing and movement was so good, the variety of goals you could score was addictive.

Will we ever see these days again?

PES3 was fantastic, although I feel PES5 was a little better as it refined things further. Still, PES3 was the football game that changed everything and should be acknowledged as the pivotal moment for the PES series.

I remember getting the demo disk from a shop in town where I placed my pre-order, rushing home and playing it endlessly. England v Argentina at Anfield. It was just amazing. The passing and movement was so good, the variety of goals you could score was addictive.

Will we ever see these days again?

We live in hope mate. Do you think there is room for so much more improvement?

We live in hope mate. Do you think there is room for so much more improvement?

I don't know anymore Zee. Konami is such an enigma.

Trying to be quietly confident about PES2015. At least I'm not going make any damning judgments until I've seen more and played it myself.

Konami clearly isn't doing enough to move the series along to where it should be - but - it's not as if PES2014 is a bad base to build from. PES2014 is unfinished and broken in some ways. If they put those things right then PES2015 can be a very solid and enjoyable football game without being spectacular.

I might be biased but it amazes people call FIFA a simulation... sure it has sim elements but it's arcadey too.

Until they get the basics correct such as players using their strong foot, it never will be in my opinion.

I don't know anymore Zee. Konami is such an enigma.

Trying to be quietly confident about PES2015. At least I'm not going make any damning judgments until I've seen more and played it myself.

Konami clearly isn't doing enough to move the series along to where it should be - but - it's not as if PES2014 is a bad base to build from. PES2014 is unfinished and broken in some ways. If they put those things right then PES2015 can be a very solid and enjoyable football game without being spectacular.

Until they get the basics correct such as players using their strong foot, it never will be in my opinion.

They corrected this and showed at E3, FIFA is trying to be like PES and PES is probably trying to be like FIFA.

They corrected this and showed at E3, FIFA is trying to be like PES and PES is probably trying to be like FIFA.

Will they also made any depth on tactics, team individuality, etc. ? Don't think so. All the reports I reed from FIFA is that they don't want to touch any of that. They want to remain what they are now: the game for the casual fan.

Of course, why rock the boat with the huge fanbase? I have no faith that FIFA will become a purist's game any time soon. Why would it?

Back
Top Bottom