PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

Hmm from the parts I heard before I dozed off
- Game looks like PES 2014 not bad but not significant enough or as good as fifa which in their opinion is due to poor lighting
- Konami, Adam, Jon etc told them to be very critical and they needed to fill out questionares
- they mentioned they can see how communication can be a problem as they tried explaining something to Kei which they feel the translator was not doing well. It was regarding ball shielding which they wanted improved like Fifa Kei said he does not want to complicate button pressing as per fifa
- They were very happy with dribbling. Robben was an absolute beast in that respect. They particularly liked that you could walk to a defender to lure him in then R1 burat passed him very satisfying to do this and great on the wings.
- Pogba on the other hand had other strengths
- They loved player and team individuality albeit with only 2 teams available
- They played FIFA 15 but kept going back to PES one guy in their crew stopped playing PES long time ago and converted to fifa but was able to play and enjoy.
- On the flight back they watched Spain vs Holland and kept saying that there were moments that are perfectly captured on PES that they feel EA just doesn't get. Especially the way players run into space.
- Animations very limited to which Adam responded that they have less in place than PS3 version currently so expect more
- They hope that the game doesnt go backwards from here as per PES2014 leaked demo to final version

Thats all I can remember - will listen later to the next hour lol

No problem. The translator issues does kinda paint a picture of one of the limitations

My only question is why not learn the language and have that person there. Lami for example knows japanese if memory serves correct.

Is that a lot? I do not know because that way.

It's not a lot, between NBA 2K11 and 2K12, 2K Sports added between 7000 and 9000 new animations and that was on PS3/360.

Konami must add a lot more, otherwise the gameplay will continue to be limited.

When I play NBA 2K I rarely feel that the game struggles to understand (interpret) what I'm trying to do. PES is the total opposite and it's a key reason why I struggled to connect with the last three games.

Summing up the impressions and podcasts

The Good
- Player Individuality/Animations
- Response Time
- Player Faces/Models
- No Catch Up Bug
- Dribbling
- Player Movement
- Pace of the Game
- Referees
- Frame Rate/Performance
- Default Camera

What needs Improving
- Keepers
- Shooting
- Ball Physics
- Lightning/Colour Pallet
- Player Reactions/Awareness
- Free Kicks
- More Animations
- More Physicality in Defending

Despite the poor PR by Konami it seems the game is a very good base to work on and is already ahead of PES 2014. Maybe this year the Hype will increase closer to game release rather than decrease.

The key seems to be Konami not changing what is good about the game like they did last season

Also I am intrigued by the new stats system Konami are introducing

The Good
- Response Time
- Player Faces/Models
- No Catch Up Bug
- Dribbling
- Player Movement
- Pace of the Game
- Referees
- Frame Rate/Performance
- Default Camera

What needs Improving
- Keepers
- Shooting
- Ball Physics
- Free Kicks
- More Animations

You are summing up all the KEY factors that were bad during the last 8 years of pes. KEY factors which ruins the game and took the soul away from PES during the last couple of years. The fact that Konami didn't at least fix these KEY factors before their e3 presentation says enough imo. How are you able to show the community that you have made a comeback if your KEY factors are still broken or needs "improving". Yeah right we heard that about 8 years now. HAHAH laughable :LOL::LOL:

Perfect example

Focus on the Negatives

Everything is subjective like goalkeepers in 2014 if they get any better they are going to be superhuman

I wonder if and when we getting demo.

I suspect after release date :FAIL:

Last edited:

Perfect example

Focus on the Negatives

Everything is subjective like goalkeepers in 2014 if they get any better they are going to be superhuman

I wonder if and when we getting demo.

I suspect after release date :FAIL:

The Improvements that are needed are to bring them up to the rest of the game or the goods as they sound very good

They kept saying the game as it is plays and feels alot better than PES 2014. The things that need improving are solid enough

Also the PES moments seem to be abck

Last edited:

Hmm from the parts I heard before I dozed off
- Game looks like PES 2014 not bad but not significant enough or as good as fifa which in their opinion is due to poor lighting
- Konami, Adam, Jon etc told them to be very critical and they needed to fill out questionares
- they mentioned they can see how communication can be a problem as they tried explaining something to Kei which they feel the translator was not doing well. It was regarding ball shielding which they wanted improved like Fifa Kei said he does not want to complicate button pressing as per fifa
- They were very happy with dribbling. Robben was an absolute beast in that respect. They particularly liked that you could walk to a defender to lure him in then R1 burat passed him very satisfying to do this and great on the wings.
- Pogba on the other hand had other strengths
- They loved player and team individuality albeit with only 2 teams available
- They played FIFA 15 but kept going back to PES one guy in their crew stopped playing PES long time ago and converted to fifa but was able to play and enjoy.
- On the flight back they watched Spain vs Holland and kept saying that there were moments that are perfectly captured on PES that they feel EA just doesn't get. Especially the way players run into space.
- Animations very limited to which Adam responded that they have less in place than PS3 version currently so expect more
- They hope that the game doesnt go backwards from here as per PES2014 leaked demo to final version

Thats all I can remember - will listen later to the next hour lol

The Good
- Response Time
- Player Faces/Models
- No Catch Up Bug
- Dribbling
- Player Movement
- Pace of the Game
- Referees
- Frame Rate/Performance
- Default Camera

What needs Improving
- Keepers
- Shooting
- Ball Physics
- Free Kicks
- More Animations

Despite the poor PR by Konami it seems the game is a very good base to work on and is already ahead of PES 2014. Maybe this year the Hype will increase closer to game release rather than decrease.

The key seems to be Konami not changing what is good about the game like they did last season

Also I am intrigued by the new stats system Konami are introducing
Thanks a lot mates ! hope this year will be better than previous !! :))

can someone please make a summary of PesUnited podcast ??

Graphics
Visually high res 2014
Fifa dynamic lighting is better
Pes better player models. If you did this with the lighting, the game would look completely new and it wouldn’t resemble PES2014 on the PS4
No huge next generation leap, some other games look amazing at E3 so people felt disappointed as wanted to be blown away
If you have realistic graphic hopes, the game play and reactions will make you think this game is good
No frame drops
When people just see video is that people will not be keen, but t plays far better than 2014, but this will be an uphill battle if people just judge on screen shots, people won’t see much of a difference

Game play
Response, game play, dribbling, shooting all better
There will be a new stat system in this year which wasn’t in the build yet
Good players seem powerful and individual, without over powered
You feel so in control of your player
Momentum is similar to leaked demo of 2014
Solid base, with nothing broken
More animations will be added as at present it has less than 2014
Dribbling is far batter and is all about timing like it was on the PS2
R2 is now a jinking run
Double tap of R1 is still in
You can slow down and burst past a player
Tactical understanding of space and movement is very realistic
Games play out like they do in real life

You are summing up all the KEY factors that were bad during the last 8 years of pes. KEY factors which ruins the game and took the soul away from PES during the last couple of years. The fact that Konami didn't at least fix these KEY factors before their e3 presentation says enough imo. How are you able to show the community that you have made a comeback if your KEY factors are still broken or needs "improving". Yeah right we heard that about 8 years now. HAHAH laughable :LOL::LOL:

That's what I thought .All these problems are rooted in the game for years and Konami does nothing to fix them... I do not know what's going on

That's what I thought .All these problems are rooted in the game for years and Konami does nothing to fix them... I do not know what's going on

They said everything is better than PES 2014 it is just some parts of the game are fantastic and others are just ok/good

When people just see video is that people will not be keen, but t plays far better than 2014, but this will be an uphill battle if people just judge on screen shots, people won’t see much of a difference

This really has to be remembered when we´ll be able to see the first gameplay videos!
No ranting then, please :)

Game play
R2 is now a jinking run

I like that!
What´s a "jinking" run btw?

Those sidesteps like in the trailer?

Graphics
Visually high res 2014
Fifa dynamic lighting is better
Pes better player models. If you did this with the lighting, the game would look completely new and it wouldn’t resemble PES2014 on the PS4
No huge next generation leap, some other games look amazing at E3 so people felt disappointed as wanted to be blown away
If you have realistic graphic hopes, the game play and reactions will make you think this game is good
No frame drops

Game play
R2 is now a jinking run
sounds very positive...PES 2014 graphics is not bad,sometimes it is better than fifa ng..so graphics will not be the main problem for most of us...waiting for 3rd july...thanks mate :))

Because while graphically its 1080p not enough has been done on the lighting.

Pesunited feel with the right lighting the game will be on par with FIFA NG

can someone of the positive guys around here explain that"?

http://www.gamerfuzion.com/konami-pes-2015-will-totally-different/

“We know exactly what has been wrong with PES , we are working on that. The next version is totally changed. 2014 is a transition year for the franchise, so expect great things. “topped Hirano.

Interestingly, the executive say this, because PES 2014 was also a delivery transition, since the engine was implemented FOX Engine. We assume that PES 2015 will also use this tool, but this time on next-generation consoles.

I was going to offer my opinion but I figure it's pointless until I play the game for myself. Focusing on negatives and positives as individual factors doesn't really open up to the necessary idea the game will always have to be balanced to make it a great game. The only way to test that is by playing it and seeing if all the parts work in tandem with one another.

This really has to be remembered when we´ll be able to see the first gameplay videos!

I like that!

Apparently they made inputs more simple like in PS2 era. That's positive news for me, as I hated doing stupid combos to pass the friggin defender :LOL:. Also right stick is going back to how it was used before.

Regarding animations, there is one guy on WENB who makes good assessments on that. He is cynical or very critical, but speaks with much sense: (vital)

If my understanding is correct it's not a case of "adding transitions", transitions are managed by the animation engine, some of this stuff is dynamic/procedural so it requires more than animators coming up with new animations, the engine has to know how to morph one animation into another or when to snap into a new animation to allow for the player to respond to the user's input. Some of the problems are clearly derived from poor AI (players having no awareness of where the ball is), but as Asim said it can also be that the player simply can't respond to a loose ball situation because they are stuck in an animation cycle and can't break out of it to move towards the ball, so adding new animations doesn't help at all in that case. If it were just a lack of animations then it would actually not be as bad, I would imagine that the PS2 era games had fewer overall animations but it never felt like that because the fewer animations that it did have always felt seamless enough that it retained that feeling of fluidity.

tl;dr Their animation engine still isn't good enough and it's unlikely to change before release.

There is high probability that those 2000 new animations might bring more problems than solve them, if they are not stiched right. Hopefully, KONAMI learnt how to do it right (ey it was spot on in PS2 days!).

There is hope though.

And here is one more podcast from 8-bit guys:

http://8bitplayground.com/2014/06/25/the-winning-eleven-show-pes-2015-e3-impressions/

In case someone didn't listen yet (though I believe people know who Nestor is?).

I was going to offer my opinion but I figure it's pointless until I play the game for myself. Focusing on negatives and positives as individual factors doesn't really open up to the necessary idea the game will always have to be balanced to make it a great game. The only way to test that is by playing it and seeing if all the parts work in tandem with one another.

Great post and so so true

You can't go on anything people say

I don't know. I was the biggest PES fan you can imagine, I even played in tournaments in the ps2 days. So if there is one person that wants PES to succeed that will be me.
But to be honest I don't see it happening for pes2015. Everywhere I read the same. Ball physics needs improving, animations needs improving, players awareness needs improving, shooting needs improving. This is what ive been hearing for 8 years now and always when the game released it sucked. So why whould it be any different now?
They worked 2 years on this tittle and even skipped a year to make a great comeback. If appreciate this effort from Konami, BUT if you put this effort in then I expect to read previews in which the previewers are euphoric, full of joy and absolutely positive about this new pes. But what I read are mixed opinions. It are just minor improvements and the things that needed to be improved are not.

Tell me hardcore pes fans. Is this what you expected from comeback? Does the phrase "the pitch is ours" fit with the previews you read so far?
What PES15 needed was a 180 degree U turn. In my believe pes2015, based on the previews, will be a 45 degree turn in the right direction. The questions is when will they complete the U turn? In the next gen?

can someone please make a summary of PesUnited podcast ??

Its far better to actually listen becuase summarising can fix to blank good/bad, but if you listen to the whole thing its very balanced, and some of the team didn't always agree on each other points. I feel that podcast actually put things in a much better light, and bear in mind the negatives or "improvements" were based on the only build they have, there are weeks to go with final code.

I liked the fact they were impressed about the over play in terms of comparison to real life football, that is a thing to focus on for me here.

One thing no one mentioned from that podcast was how open and relaxed Konami were at the booth, all they said was, heres the controller, we dont want to tell you anything before hand (no wasting play time with blasting them with features and blurb), sit and play it, give us as much feedback as possible. Which to me shows a company not hiding behind anything, whereas Fifa is always a few screens, a load of science thrown at you by a talking head and very set play times to get hands on, an overly corporate approach.

Konami has that more independent feel to them, which I actually like far more.

As mentioned above, nothing can be done but speculate now until you have a controller and play it yourself. People will see negatives and focus on them and see what they want to see, nothing will beat playing it. Same shit every year :)

Last edited:

I like that!

It's a run with many changes of direction and pace when in possession of the ball, usually slower than a full sprint. Messi is the master of this.

Interesting what the PES United guys said about their visit to the FIFA booth, and how one of the lead developers basically admitted that he's still not allowed to make the football game he really wants to make.

FIFA's huge mainstream audience will probably prevent that game from ever going to the next level of capturing the soul of football. Despite declining interest in PES, there is still a significant market for Konami if they can differentiate themselves from the competition and produce the game that the football purists used to adore.

Its far better to actually listen becuase summarising can fix to blank good/bad, but if you listen to the whole thing its very balanced, and some of the team didn't always agree on each other points. I feel that podcast actually put things in a much better light, and bear in mind the negatives or "improvements" were based on the only build they have, there are weeks to go with final code.

I liked the fact they were impressed about the over play in terms of comparison to real life football, that is a thing to focus on for me here.

One thing no one mentioned from that podcast was how open and relaxed Konami were at the booth, all they said was, heres the controller, we dont want to tell you anything before hand (no wasting play time with blasting them with features and blurb), sit and play it, give us as much feedback as possible. Which to me shows a company not hiding behind anything, whereas Fifa is always a few screens, a load of science thrown at you by a talking head and very set play times to get hands on, an overly corporate approach.

Konami has that more independent feel to them, which I actually like far more.

As mentioned above, nothing can be done but speculate now until you have a controller and play it yourself. People will see negatives and focus on them and see what they want to see, nothing will beat playing it. Same shit every year :)

Ah, the evergreen build code excuse
Anyway do you rememeber last year how relaxed KONAMI was at E3?

They were so relaxed they showed gameplay videos, a match with IGN, one with Gamespot. Yet look at the final result...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom