PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Shooting is a lot more realistic and goals are more enjoyable if you have strikers who don’t have amazing shooting stats. For the past few seasons my master league team has had young players up front that I have been improving from the age of 16 and 17. They have gone from finishing of about 77 to 83 in the last 3 seasons. When I first got these players everything needed to be right for them to score. The timing, their body shape and the shot had to be well placed and even then you didn’t know if it would get past the keeper.

The best goals weren’t bullet shots, but ones that went into the bottom corner, just past the diving keepers hand and you could see the ball moving towards the goal not knowing if it would go in. This is how all shooting used to be in old PES games.

As the players improved, these have become less of a factor to the success of the shot. If I play against friends and they pick a top team and I up with another top team with a forward with really good shooting stats, it becomes more or less just a choice between blasting the ball left or right

Naah mate doesn't look like barca tiki taki. Spaces too wide and players too stagnant. Very few off the ball runs

is there a tactic in the game where players automatically do off the ball runs, or is it only done manually, u do get a player who do it now and then, or do i need to look for a certain type of card a player should have.

Naah mate doesn't look like barca tiki taki. Spaces too wide and players too stagnant. Very few off the ball runs

I think the point of the video was the low shot not the tiki taka.

tiki taka is triangle passing, 'players make a triangle between three and pass between eachover' its made possible if the tactics are right.

stuartyd use 1 bar like in my videos or manual if you feel its too easy to pass on PES.

The issue apart from the usual dreadful passing system which needs a complete overhaul is the ice skating running and dribbling, i think the issue goes way, way back to the early days on the engine and they decided to map sprint to R2 which doesn't work.

The problem is they wanted and implemented sensitive sprinting so the harder you hold down sprint the faster you go, thing is players are human beings not race cars! they need to go back base the system and map it off the R1 button again.

The build-up play and general feeling of this game is far better than FIFA. I am like a yo-yo here but the general pace of FIFA just tires me out after a while - I feel exhausted after a session on it where as with PES, I can't stop going back for me.

I dont know if its placebo effect or that FIFA 15 flaws are starting to show but I can't stop going back to this.

Not trolling here, but how? I'd be interested to know because I'm struggling with this in 15.

Hit the shot button twice.

I´d bet that was done in that video as only tapping the button wouldn´t have caused such a hard shot.

I struggle with this at times though. Sometimes I´m probably not quick enough with the double hit, as I´m trying to load up the power bar and then it´s overloaded and the shot goes too high.
Sometimes it works.

The best solution was like in PES, square, then triangle (Playstation) for a low shot.
Loved doing those shots in PES 2014.
Too bad they changed it in 2015.

Scored lots of 1 on 1s in Fifa with a lovely rolled shot along the ground..

any ways re PES - i have found that if you just play a exhibition game with any teams the game plays lovely.

However, if you play any other mode the players and the game turn to crap - especially Master League.

I use Valencia who are a dream to play with until you put them in a mode other than exhibition.

Scored lots of 1 on 1s in Fifa with a lovely rolled shot along the ground..

any ways re PES - i have found that if you just play a exhibition game with any teams the game plays lovely.

However, if you play any other mode the players and the game turn to crap - especially Master League.

I use Valencia who are a dream to play with until you put them in a mode other than exhibition.

That is right, exhibition games are just great and shows the true quality of this game. I actually been playing exhibition games only and do use it to play games for modes like CL and Europa league...

I started ML with Valencia and quit after about 5 games due to my players being unresponsive and shit in general.
I started conceding stupid/unrealistic goals that I never did in the exhibition mode

Although I still enjoy this game a lot, I think the PES team has gone overboard with team spirit / home team momentum / bias thingy.

A good video testimonial of this is the TTB match where he - having a team spirit of 60 - plays against someone with a team spirit of 5. You don't need to watch the vid. I can tell you that TTB wins 1-7. The bias has a dramatic effect on the gameplay. In particular, practically every "screamer" results in a goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjtHyPMxIko&t=2m20s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjtHyPMxIko&t=9m42s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjtHyPMxIko&t=9m20s

Because of the difference in team spirits, the goalie is so depressed, and the shooter so extatic, that every long distance shot is perfect and beyond the reach of the keeper. Can a player enjoy such goals after noticing - like TTB himself does in that vid - that the goal is basically just a consequence of the bias? Alternatively, can the loser think that he lost because he played badly, and the next time he should do something differently?

Offline the effect can be just as dramatic, even if there is no explicit team spirit value to be seen. I think most offline players have at some point felt victims of unfair CPU advantage. Instead of whining about that - as I'd usually do - I can show how the momentum cuts both ways. This goal of mine is from my recent Dutch cup final, played on the home ground of my team, so I had the momentum / bias - I was also already up 2-0 at this point. Full manual play against superstar, auto feint off, not using through balls but just manual passes with different strengths etc.

YouTube - home team momentum

If you look at the vid and the slow motion closely you will notice that my team nutmegs two players there. Did I cause that to happen? No. Could I have scored that way if the match had been away, without momentum? I don't think so. Do I consider such a goal an accomplishment? Not really.

I am not saying that all goals are like that, but in my opinion the team spirit / home team momentum / bias affects gameplay way too much. It affects passes, interceptions, first touches, shots, saves, headers, tackles, aerial battles - you name it, they've made momentum affect it. And it doesn't do it in a subtle way but in "in your face" style.

I think the issue would be easy to fix: just dramatically reduce the effect of the momentum, and, preferably, also limit its influence to only cover things like strength, speed and stamina.

Last edited:
I am not saying that all goals are like that, but in my opinion the team spirit / home team momentum / bias affects gameplay way too much.

So, I am not the only one who noticed this. Momentum that makes game unnecesarily harder or easier offline. In myClub I gotta agree, Team Spirit decides the winner most of the time. Games with noticable TS difference tend to get weird and crazy. I focused on offline tournaments/games to get my TS higher and then suddenly many problems disappeared.

It just seems to be such a lazy way to make offline modes actually difficult. Everyone will agree Top Player is piss-easy. Superstar, on the other hand, feels to be simply that with a handicap for player, most of the time.

Because just as you say it goes both ways. In ML on Superstar some games feel like SuperSuperStar of some sort, the others like Regular...what's the point even. Creating a story? That's lame.

I like the way it's done in PES 6, because it's obvious there is a form of scripts in this game - but it never dooms you entirely, without any chance to come back and most of all does not make last games of the season a hell on Earth where passing to somebody else is forbidden.

So now, that Master League is really a chore most of the time, and I'm not into online games atm...back to PES 6, I suppose?

Hit the shot button twice.

I´d bet that was done in that video as only tapping the button wouldn´t have caused such a hard shot.

I struggle with this at times though. Sometimes I´m probably not quick enough with the double hit, as I´m trying to load up the power bar and then it´s overloaded and the shot goes too high.
Sometimes it works.

The best solution was like in PES, square, then triangle (Playstation) for a low shot.
Loved doing those shots in PES 2014.
Too bad they changed it in 2015.

I had an entire thread on Operation Sports about low hard shot in Fifa, and I initially thought you needed to double tap. Then I came to the conclusion that the game was just registering the second tap as a sort of 'cancellation' and it wasn't the double tap at all. The second tap is always short from the user, hence the low shot. Notice that sometimes it will be a weak dribbler, sometimes it will be too hard and about mid level for the GK, or sometimes it will be exactly the hard low shot you want. Very incosistant with my experience with FIFA

I had an entire thread on Operation Sports about low hard shot in Fifa, and I initially thought you needed to double tap. Then I came to the conclusion that the game was just registering the second tap as a sort of 'cancellation' and it wasn't the double tap at all. The second tap is always short from the user, hence the low shot. Notice that sometimes it will be a weak dribbler, sometimes it will be too hard and about mid level for the GK, or sometimes it will be exactly the hard low shot you want. Very incosistant with my experience with FIFA

I guess you are right and I have to revise my statement.
I tested it yesterday a few times and it only worked when I QUICKLY double tapped the shot button.
When I wanted to have a hard low shot and loaded up the power bar some more, the shot wasn´t low anymore, so I think what you say is right.

Sry for going off topic.

Anyone doing low shots in PES 2015 by pulling back the stick?
Like I said, really loved it on PES 2014, how the ball rolled up the net, but on PES 2015 I never really done that as I find it quite uncomfy pulling back the stick.

Simming a myclub game shows all pes ugly faults.

The cpu has very limited ways of scoring goals. If I never see that cut in from the flank it would not be a moment too soon. The cpu is so limited in its approach it's shocking really

Grrr I'm so sick and tired of seeing the ai score the curled into the far post shots from the corner of the box.
I was hoping the last patch was going to tone it down but no. It feels like rather than the ai playing fluid free football and trying to work a shot on goal.... it just has a few pre set areas on the pitch to score from and the game randomly decides to use one of them. It would explain why the ai very rarely crosses the ball into the box.

Oh and the fact that I can't seem to replicate the 'curled into the far post shots from the corner of the box' type of goals has no bearing on why I'm so sick and pissed about them... Honest :/

Last edited:
Grrr I'm so sick and tired of seeing the ai score the curled into the far post shots from the corner of the box.
I was hoping the last patch was going to tone it down but no. It feels like rather than the ai playing fluid free football and trying to work a shot on goal.... it just has a few pre set areas on the pitch to score from and the game randomly decides to use one of them. It would explain why the ai very rarely crosses the ball into the box.

Oh and the fact that I can't seem to replicate the 'curled into the far post shots from the corner of the box' type of goals has no bearing on why I'm so sick and pissed about them... Honest :/

Strangely I found that on proffesional ai crosses the ball a lot more than on higher levels of difficulty, I think that someone also stated that on proffesional difficulty ai plays more like human ;)

Back
Top Bottom