PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Man I really want to like this game, I do. But scoring goals just feels so lifeless!

The pace of the game is wonderful, FIFA needs to learn how to replicate this. But the most important thing, scoring a goal - leaves me feeling "Meh". I don't get up and fist-pump like I do with FIFA 15 Career Mode.

The scripting is terrible on Superstar too. In Top Player and below, I'll keep 80-90% possession and beat most teams without even trying. In Superstar, the CPU scores ridiculous goals, goals you literally can't do anything about. This happens in every game too.

Chimps-with-quiffs post is very good and I agree with it entirely, especially the part about every opponent's forward being super effective.

There's a lot to like about PES 2015 but it feels like another half-arsed, semi-finished attempt at a football game.

What's with the stamina levels btw?! My players get so tired quickly in Master League and hobble about the pitch on the 60 minute mark. How is this realistic?! What do they smoke at Konami HQ?!

played a lot of PES 6 recently. that game from 2006 is still miles ahead of this. only player models, heads, kit textures, tactics where PES 2015 is better. 9 years after eh?

They have completely fucked this game up with this patch

I loved it and really looked forward to getting a chance to play it, it was balanced and took hard work and building a team for 5 seasons to get to leading the league

After played about 8 games in the master league, which I was absolutely loving before, I don't want to play it anymore at all. This is why

The average score of games since the patch is something like 4-4
Any player up front with any ability in the oppositions team is now ronaldo on the form of his life
The oppositions defence is now shit
The game goes from side to side like a basketball match. You don't need to skilfully look for holes and pass the ball about, just pass twice up the half way line, wait for a run and press through pass
Shooting is even more over powered leading to world class goals being scored so often they mean nothing
If you concede a goal after three minutes, dont worry, you will score about thirty seconds later

Gutted and angry

PLACEBO

They have completely fucked this game up with this patch

I loved it and really looked forward to getting a chance to play it, it was balanced and took hard work and building a team for 5 seasons to get to leading the league

After played about 8 games in the master league, which I was absolutely loving before, I don't want to play it anymore at all. This is why

The average score of games since the patch is something like 4-4
Any player up front with any ability in the oppositions team is now ronaldo on the form of his life
The oppositions defence is now shit
The game goes from side to side like a basketball match. You don't need to skilfully look for holes and pass the ball about, just pass twice up the half way line, wait for a run and press through pass
Shooting is even more over powered leading to world class goals being scored so often they mean nothing
If you concede a goal after three minutes, dont worry, you will score about thirty seconds later

Gutted and angry

I haven't noticed any game play changes, what I have noticed tho is konami have tinkered with the formations and instructions again for quite a few teams, terrible.

Played many exhibition games after the patch. In my opinion there are changes to the gameplay..very subtle though. The game still feels great offline and on full manual.

Online is still utter crap. Real Madrid Barcelona and Bauer munch are unstoppable no matter what you do with your formation or defensive approach. In older Pes games you could tactically beat ppl that used these teams but this year the ball always finding its way to their feet. They are simply too fast and agile. I had cr7 stuck by the corner flag with 2 defensers he still managed to put in a perfect cross to bale for a header. Fu Konami.

Also. I seem to har. Slight delay switching players online. Is this something that everyone else experiences. ??

Hello there.

Solo with my friend, he plays 3-3-4 Formation high pressuring , i can't attack ... so he chooses Chelsea, have any ideas to break this Formation ? Help me

In my master league, I had previously changed nearly all of the English teams to play counter attacking instead of possession as I was sick of teams pinging the ball about in the early patches.

I have set this back to possession and makes a big difference and removes a lot of the game going from one end to the other.

I wrote my last post last night after playing a 4-4 with liverpool and 3-4 with Man Utd.

Opposition defenses definitely give you more room and are easier to get around. When I made the change in their tactics and played the same game again, I went from 3-4 to against Man Utd, to winning 3-0.

The next few games I hammered everyone I played. I have been playing the game on Top Player, so now upped it to Superstar ans played one game and beat QPR 3-2.

I used to spend months editing the game and pick on small changes quickly. I think either defenses have been set to be less aggressive or skillful players have been given a boost. I have seen players who aren't superstars doing 360 spMaybe I can swing by your office next week for a chatins and drag backs

I also think they have improved the crossing. I rarely ever connected with corners or crosses, but have done so in probably 1/2 the ones I have since the new patch was installed

Are you saying that you can change tactics outside of a saved master league file and they will be applied to your saved master league? I know boot styles, appearances, managers and stadium names are applied to a saved master league file if you change them in edit mode. Not so sure about formations and tactics.

Are you saying that you can change tactics outside of a saved master league file and they will be applied to your saved master league? I know boot styles, appearances, managers and stadium names are applied to a saved master league file if you change them in edit mode. Not so sure about formations and tactics.
Easy to check yourself, just edit the formation of your next opponent in ML, then start your next ML game and see if it worked.

I know you can change the style they play and it is picked up in the master league, not sure about formations, but I would think so if other stuff is picked up

One thing I have noticed and its really annoying is that when a forward gets the ball in your box your defenders seem to slow down and become awkward to control.

this is only the case when u use live update (R3) on team selection. if you undo live update (R3 again) your own option file will be back. :PIRATE:

i was wrong, my dortmund (and some internationals) are fucked up even when i undo live update. KONAMI, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME...

giphy.gif

Interesting :) can someone confirm this? I'm at work so I cannot test this. It will be aweaome if we can do this :)
In previous PES games you could edit the EDIT.bin file and those changes would show up in your current ML save. Different than FIFA where all edits must be done before starting a new career. I can't imagine why PES would be any different this year.

I think I am done with this game...again.
me too
I always had it on regular difficulty pre-patch and had some fairly decent matches, but now even that seems unplayable so I jumped up to top player and then dropped to professional and it still feels like your team is playing with bricks in their boots. cant even dribble past defences as much now and get beaten to a lot of balls
I might not be the best at this game but this game doesn't

just cant get into it like before

way to go konami you did it again

Man I really want to like this game, I do. But scoring goals just feels so lifeless!

The pace of the game is wonderful, FIFA needs to learn how to replicate this. But the most important thing, scoring a goal - leaves me feeling "Meh". I don't get up and fist-pump like I do with FIFA 15 Career Mode.

Yeah pretty much agree with this. Stick FIFA's shooting animations & goal variations along with it's net physics into PES and I'd be a much happier chappy.

I think I am done with this game...again.

Lol, I've never come across a game that has you loving it one minute and loathing it the next as much as PES.
What is it with this game?

you read my mind mate. This is my big problem with this game.

I don't disagree with the points made about goals, but there's something I've never felt about this game and that's joy/disappointment/exasperation/other emotion regarding the actual result of a game.

When I score I dont celebrate or cheer (honestly, unless it's a screamer) because this game feels like its reacting to the human input and becoming more aggressive and so there's actually work to he done.

FIFA never felt like it had realised it was a goal up/down, so there was never really a change of pace or playstyle except the pre-determined "you're winning with X amount of time left, park the bus" or "You're losing with X amount of time left, all out attack".

Ooverall PES gives a far better sense of achievement for the whole match, season and experience. FIFA has a collection of moments from an otherwise poor and boring experience. And I definitely prefer PES' way of doing things.

Lol, I've never come across a game that has you loving it one minute and loathing it the next as much as PES.
What is it with this game?

If you don't play it for a month you love it the first few games and no doubting it looks great. But then if you start playing it regularly you see all the problems and the game really starts to get on your nerves.

Back
Top Bottom