PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

yeah :( no problem would be with the defeault goalkeepers tho, some of them are amazing most of the times, pulling of incredible saves yet when i shoot with R2 they do a slow lay down animation instead jumping for a slow ball quickly and if you hit the 3/4 of the power bar - wich is really easy lets admit it - the ball goes every time in that very corner where the GK cant reach it because its sloppy animation he has for these kinda shots. to sum up the GK animation is really poor against R2 shooting, designed not to reach it and its too easy to hit the corners with this.
AND NO :APPLAUD: please no, anyone who wants to write it down please keep the manual shooting fetish to yourself :BLEH::D

may i ask wich stats did you modify generaly?

The R2 shooting on MyClub online is horrendous especially from higher ranked players. You just know they are going to do it at any given opportunity! and baaaaammmmm GOAL

Very frustrating. I actually rage quit last night because of it. Just couldnt be arsed.

What is Master League like? Worth starting?

I have Forza Horizon and Assassins Creed Unity to start anyway. PES starting to irritate me now

Thats fair enough Hitman :))

But myself like many others I know like to see lots of the pitch so we can build the play better.

May I ask why you preferred Zoomed In? I have never understood that - it makes the gameplay much faster as well.

I find it more engaging seeing the players and detail - closer to the action if you like..and being from the football games of old i use the radar without even thinking about it

They still haven't fixed cameras for online?! What is wrong with Konami? We don't want ZOOMED IN cameras, I want to see the pitch, not huge players!

They really don't have a clue what their fans want, do they? So sad.

a few issues for me on the camera. I always play zoomed out on WIDE cam. But this year WIDE cam seems to be more zoomed in. I think the perfect setting for me is zoom:0 height : 9 which is pretty much how WIDE cam was in the past.

The problem for me is the fact 1 I don't see much of the field on offense, but on defense I need that wide cam to position my defenders and defend through passes. Now the through passes from Real Madrid abusers are so hard to defend because most of the time my defender is off screen so I can't position him properly. Also on zoomed out the game feels smoother than when it's zoomed in and you see all the animation glitches and details.

Overall I feel this game has a lot of potential as the gameplay is fun for the most part but very simple, but I feel that Konami could have really done much better. The depth of the gameplay is not there for a next gen game, the PS2 and PS3 games to a degree were much deeper when it comes to gameplay to keep you coming back. This one seems to get boring after a while. Also I understand the shortcomings with the fake teams, and lack of agreements to get all the leagues and kits but in that case Konami should really concentrate on making the best possible game and giving the consumer more options like in the past. Having 18 stadiums, lack of weather , and limited options is simply inexcusable for a next gen game.

Last edited:
yeah :( no problem would be with the defeault goalkeepers tho, some of them are amazing most of the times, pulling of incredible saves yet when i shoot with R2 they do a slow lay down animation instead jumping for a slow ball quickly and if you hit the 3/4 of the power bar - wich is really easy lets admit it - the ball goes every time in that very corner where the GK cant reach it because its sloppy animation he has for these kinda shots. to sum up the GK animation is really poor against R2 shooting, designed not to reach it and its too easy to hit the corners with this.
AND NO :APPLAUD: please no, anyone who wants to write it down please keep the manual shooting fetish to yourself :BLEH::D

may i ask wich stats did you modify generaly?

Never been a my club or online player unless I personally know the opponent. Most of my time with the game is spent offline in master league, cup and BAL modes with my database. With keepers I increased Goalkeeper skills (reaction time), explosive power and saving (handling) across the board to account for what I thought was poor reaction time and handling in the default database. Minor increase to jump and stamina as well. Offensive GK play style was added to keepers who like to come out and challenge forwards. This makes them more aggressive in the game. I`ve found that if they have Defensive GK style set they stay on their line and don`t come out. Also, superstar level is difficulty I play as keepers play up to their ability and are a lot tougher to beat. Moreover, keepers have a higher chance of getting MOTM performances if the time is set to 13+ min or more. Why? More shots = potentially more saves. Had a player score a brace and the keeper still got MOTM (6 saves) despite conceding one goal. For what its worth I just finsihed year 2 of master league. Buffon, Neuer, and Cillessen all took home player of the year awards in their domestic leagues.

Tried close cam a few times. It's good fun but not pratical for me. Even far cam is a bit too close for me in PES. FIFA does a better job with the selection of cams.

Yes, shoot from anywhere and watch the ball fly in for a goal 9 times out of 10.

PES 2015 is arcade-like now.

I don't like seeing anyone get trolled and bullied in here but what you're saying here doesn't help you at all. That's one huge misinformation. I'd love to be able to shoot from everywhere and score with a success rate of 90%. Well, not really because that would ruin the game for me.

If you're not playing the game, please stop spreading misinfo. If you're still playing, well, you're better off playing in tournaments and winning big money instead of wasting time here!

I find it more engaging seeing the players and detail - closer to the action if you like..and being from the football games of old i use the radar without even thinking about it

Same here.

And another one: Close CAM and alot of RADAR :)

Same here too. Close cam for proper engagement and radar for vision :)

I think I'm done with pes2015. I'm an online player pretty much exclusively and its too bland and static playing his year. The slow reaction, slow animation really makes it frustrating playing vs super humans like real Madrid and barca. Hopefully Konami build on this and make a complete game next year. I'll still stick around here. I like the community and will look for updates going forward.

I think I'm done with pes2015. I'm an online player pretty much exclusively and its too bland and static playing his year. The slow reaction, slow animation really makes it frustrating playing vs super humans like real Madrid and barca. Hopefully Konami build on this and make a complete game next year. I'll still stick around here. I like the community and will look for updates going forward.

Like any other game I play I don't play PES online, but I can certainly understand the frustration with Konami's ineptitude when it comes to that. It seems as if most of the complaints with PES 2015 are related to the online experience. Offline, it's a good game on the pitch.

Feels no different to me still awesome.

@hitmanuk You mentioned headers on manual corners being a problem?

I also found it went straight or the near post guy almost always

Yesterday I finally scored from one. The man guarding the post could only get a boot which pushed it into the roof of the net but it looked all wrong.

Is it still poor online then? This was the main thing for me. Offline PES isn't good enough because the ML is too shallow.

Online is where football gaming comes to life these days - but like you say, playing Real Madrid all of the time is so annoying.

Shame that it's still not fixed.

Question: Some people say the latest patch has fixed the gameplay and made it 'less stiff' and better. Is this true?

im not sure but in my opinion manual shooting is more difficult as in less on target..manual headers seem better as in they go closer to the goal but not always on target..refs ignore less off the ball fouls..ive seen play pulled back but still a bit iffy..manual crossing is somewhat better but i still use the manual trigger to cross as sometimes the ball is kicked out without it..i think its a decent update

i was experimenting with Offensive, Defensive goalkeeping styles, seeing if it reduces the R2 goals...doesnt make any difference.
and adjusting stats seems so foolish, also impossible with such a big database

It still feels stiff to me. I don't notice much change honestly. Defensive players are so slow to react, clear the ball or simply pass it. it's inexcusable imo. Offline is better yes but I get bored playing the computer.

im not sure but in my opinion manual shooting is more difficult as in less on target..manual headers seem better as in they go closer to the goal but not always on target..refs ignore less off the ball fouls..ive seen play pulled back but still a bit iffy..manual crossing is somewhat better but i still use the manual trigger to cross as sometimes the ball is kicked out without it..i think its a decent update

Sounds interesting, thanks mate!

Having a few beers at my mate's flat tonight before we go out and we usually have a few games of FIFA and PES - will check it out.

It still feels stiff to me. I don't notice much change honestly. Defensive players are so slow to react, clear the ball or simply pass it. it's inexcusable imo. Offline is better yes but I get bored playing the computer.

That's what she said.:COAT:

Not noticing much change either, to be honest. Refs and button delay are my biggest gripes this year and neither have been touched.

It's a pain in the arse.

It honestly feels like there are 8 directions for headers on manual. Not on open play but just corners it's really weird.

They need to bring back pes 13 shooting system ffs!! :RANT:
I remember I could actually run towards the ball and curl my headers with a glansing header. So say there is a corner kick to my right and am facing the goal, then I can run towards the ball coming from right and header the ball so it curves to my left and go far post. Now that is never possible. Even shooting. I just liked that variety in shooting and headering that is gone now. U have a very bland shooting style.

There's definitely been a change to headers, I've not scored one in 2015 before today, where I scored 2 in one game against Bayern Munich - not utterly convinced tbh as Aguero isn't known for rising above 6' defenders to head home.

Back
Top Bottom