PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Post patch had an amazing games :) through balls are toned down, ai plays more like a human, cpu cross the ball often, scores from league games are toned down to some realistic point. I play master league with Ajax and my view of the game is based on that. Also, scoring with headers is tricky, you have to press shoot and then dash BUT heading in player stats had very big impact. For me the game in this state is far far better than any other football game. I hope that next year game will be based on this with more variety in shooting and headers, a lot more stadiums, calendar fixes, option to choose weather and time of the day before games in master league.

Last edited:
I'm not getting this button lag talk?

Its a very very rare occasion when I have a match online that has any button lag and if I do its never 2 seconds!

Can I ask what way your consoles are connected?

A few years back I was connected via wifi and I dropped out of matches all the time. Was really frustrating as they went down as 3 nil defeats and my connection rating got bad.

I am now connected to my virgin hub by using home plugs and they difference is quite amazing.

I'm not getting this button lag talk?

Its a very very rare occasion when I have a match online that has any button lag and if I do its never 2 seconds!

Can I ask what way your consoles are connected?

A few years back I was connected via wifi and I dropped out of matches all the time. Was really frustrating as they went down as 3 nil defeats and my connection rating got bad.

I am now connected to my virgin hub by using home plugs and they difference is quite amazing.

I am connected to Sky Fibre hub via ethernet cable - 50 mbs download. Every game runs smooth as butter except PES 2015. The button lag is really bad for some people but others don't experience it at all.

Very weird.

The button lag must be there online because it's there offline. The game would play far better if it wasn't there for passing and shooting. The old PES games had very little button lag, if any. It makes a big difference in football games.

I never experienced button lag offline.

advanced shooting as unbelievable button lag offline..not that i use it.

On another note since the patch has anyone had trouble with manual passing and through ball passing going a bit off..all manual now is a real challenge. Also does anyone use advanced through ball and how does it work? I have tried and it always goes out of play or overhit

I think people need to explain in detail what they mean by "offline button lag."

I understand the concept if you mean the delay between pressing a button and a player performing an action, such as a pass. Personally I see that as part of the way the game models player behaviour: it takes time for the player to, say, position himself for a pass or a shot. I guess it could be modelled otherwise: once you press shoot, the player does his worst immediately in his current position. Don't know how that would play out.

If you mean something else when you talk about offline lag, please elaborate.

Last edited:
I never experienced button lag offline.

Everyone who plays PES 2015 experiences the button lag. Whether they notice it or not is a different story. It's there. It's quite annoying to me but not so much for others, obviously, and is most apparent when playing a game of PES 5 or 6, before playing PES 2015.

The button lag must be there online because it's there offline. The game would play far better if it wasn't there for passing and shooting. The old PES games had very little button lag, if any. It makes a big difference in football games.

The button lag you are referring to are obviously YOUR button lag. It's not that the programmers made an error with the game that they couldn't rectify. Maybe reaction times are slower in the new PES's but I think it simulates the game very well. At least when playing on manual settings, because man does it get ping pongy on assisted settings.

The button lag you are referring to are obviously YOUR button lag. It's not that the programmers made an error with the game that they couldn't rectify. Maybe reaction times are slower in the new PES's but I think it simulates the game very well. At least when playing on manual settings, because man does it get ping pongy on assisted settings.

It's not my button lag. If you pay attention to the power bar when you power it up for a pass or shot (not for pre-loaded passes or shots) you'll see there is a delay that actually can and does affect your game at times. To see the opposite, load up BAL and watch the CPU move the ball around fluidly, which you can't fully do in the match because of the delay. I find it incredibly frustrating. Like I said before, if you go back and play PES 5 & 6 or even PES 2013, which didn't have such a delay, it may become more apparent. I completely understand how some don't notice it or aren't bothered by it though.

It's not my button lag. If you pay attention to the power bar when you power it up for a pass or shot (not for pre-loaded passes or shots) you'll see there is a delay that actually can and does affect your game at times. To see the opposite, load up BAL and watch the CPU move the ball around fluidly, which you can't fully do in the match because of the delay. I find it incredibly frustrating. Like I said before, if you go back and play PES 5 & 6 or even PES 2013, which didn't have such a delay, it may become more apparent. I completely understand how some don't notice it or aren't bothered by it though.

And you tried playing with manual settings?

Just turn off the power bar and you won't "see" this botton lag anymore. :SMUG:

And you tried playing with manual settings?

Why should? You see, this is the first sign that a game is bad , whe you need to play with huge number of restriction , desperately looking for ways to squeeze a little fun .
Since when whether manual play or not, is crucial?
Is this should be just option for playing .. not the only option ?
Because by your words, looks like .

And you know what? I have played and with manual .. it does not help to the game .

However .. I am glad that you find something in the game which make you happy.

Why should? You see, this is the first sign that a game is bad , whe you need to play with huge number of restriction , desperately looking for ways to squeeze a little fun .
Since when whether manual play or not, is crucial?
Is this should be just option for playing .. not the only option ?
Because by your words, looks like .

And you know what? I have played and with manual .. it does not help to the game .

However .. I am glad that you find something in the game which make you happy.

He didn't say it was crucial he said it as advice for personal preference.

Seriously?

The button lag is there. You can attempt to dress it up as players shifting their body weight or whatever, but to deny it's even there is frightening. Either rose tinted fanboy glasses or you've just become so adjusted to it that you're not feeling it anymore. But it's a stone wall fact that it's there.

Seriously?

The button lag is there. You can attempt to dress it up as players shifting their body weight or whatever, but to deny it's even there is frightening. Either rose tinted fanboy glasses or you've just become so adjusted to it that you're not feeling it anymore. But it's a stone wall fact that it's there.

Is this "lag" new? I can't remember people talking about it in the first months after release...

I love the game online but find it crazy that not everybody sees the lag.

You press the pass button and have to hope that, in the 1.5 seconds it takes for the player to turn and kick the ball, the other guy's defender hasn't managed to step into your passing lane.

I'm thankful that the scorelines (for me) are generally low compared to FIFA online, but I find this is because games turn into falling-over-each-other fests that follow this pattern:

• Loose ball, I run for it.
  • I get to the ball, press pass.
  • In the time it's taken to pass, the defender has ran over, stood in the way and the ball has rebounded away.
  • Loose ball, he runs for it.
  • He gets to the ball, presses pass.
  • (But) as soon as I lost possession, I switched player and held down the PRESSURE button, so I've ran into position and rebounded his attempted pass away.
  • Loose ball, I run for it.
  • [Repeat ad nauseam.]

I would also say at least 50% of my shots rebound off a defender and never have a chance of reaching the goal because in the time it takes my striker to shoot, the opposition defender has ran and thrown himself in the way.

I'm tempted to believe that the defending response times are quicker than the "kicking" response times (but I guess that could be explained by having to position yourself and then move your leg through a pass, whereas defensive positioning is only half of that motion).

For me, it makes the game more tactical, because you can't rely on exploits as easily (you have more time to predict the opponent's move and therefore it seems more fair to me).

I don't think the lag is intentional - if you play offline, there's more of a button response time than FIFA, and so naturally when you play online that doubles (same with FIFA - offline there's very little button lag, online there's more).

I think it'd be a better game without the lag, but it doesn't frustrate me as much as others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom