PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Animations, first touch mechanic, ball and player physics, passing, shooting, crossing, tactics and formations, goalkeepers, dribbling. If you look at every element of 2015 individually, there's nothing at all that they can do to evolve the elements without bringing back the movement mechanics from 2013. Essentially if they don't want to move away from this simplistic approach we will literally have the exact same carbon copy game next year, with slightly more varied crossing.

The things PES 2015 does so well, the first touch animations, the animations of the player movement transition and leg and foot planting, the physics of the shooting and passing physics so every pass and shot registers properly with appropriate animations, the tactical ideology of each team. None of this can improve at all without better, quicker more dynamic movement mechanics which where done in 2013

Unfortunately this is exactly what i think will happens, 2016 will end up being only a slightly better version of 2015. I think they may improve a lot the way the game uses the stats now since in 2015 is clear that the tactics are overuling individual stats and by doing that the players looses too much individuality. But i really doubt they will change the dribling and give the players the same freedom again because the lack of freedom is exactly what gives that old PES feeling for many players again, although most of them don´t even realise that.

The lack of freedom was something that always made old PES games balanced. In the past this was linked to the 8 movements lock and now, since 2014, it´s linked by the animations cycle, which is much better than the 8 movements but it´s still, IMO, a cheap solution to the balance problem.

During the 2011-2013 era the excess of freedom end up making games too difficult and "unbalanced" for the old era lovers, but for me they were going in the right direction. In 2013 they balanced the game making the teamates AI much more helpful and smart than previous versions and more important they made the game completely stats based, like you already said so many times. Making the gameplay completaly stats based the balance will be natural, like a player with a better passing will pass better than the one with a poor passing stat, never overuled by team tactics.

I think their dilema now is to make a game that can evolve to the point of a total stats based gameplay without loosing the balance neither the "old time PES feeling" that the lack of freedomg gives. Some solutions may be in the speed of animations being based on stats, like in 2013 (something also that you already said several times and IMO would create a much better individuality feeling than the way it is now), the improvement of teamantes AI and a higher variety of tactics (although tactics being very effective on 2015 they are extremely limitated to 4 or 5 styles of play).

If they can do these 3 changes for 2016 i will be very happy, even without total freedom. If they don´t, well, there´s always the next year... :P

PES will fall too far behind is my fear. Even though PES 2015 is better than some attempts in recent times, it still feels like a PS2 game at times IMO.

By the time PES 2020 is out, just think how far FIFA will have come?

I really do fear for the franchise, I honestly can see PES 2016 being their last title before pulling the plug.

This will be bad for football gaming because FIFA will have no competition.

Unfortunately this is exactly what i think will happens, 2016 will end up being only a slightly better version of 2015. I think they may improve a lot the way the game uses the stats now since in 2015 is clear that the tactics are overuling individual stats and by doing that the players looses too much individuality. But i really doubt they will change the dribling and give the players the same freedom again because the lack of freedom is exactly what gives that old PES feeling for many players again, although most of them don´t even realise that.

The lack of freedom was something that always made old PES games balanced. In the past this was linked to the 8 movements lock and now, since 2014, it´s linked by the animations cycle, which is much better than the 8 movements but it´s still, IMO, a cheap solution to the balance problem.

During the 2011-2013 era the excess of freedom end up making games too difficult and "unbalanced" for the old era lovers, but for me they were going in the right direction. In 2013 they balanced the game making the teamates AI much more helpful and smart than previous versions and more important they made the game completely stats based, like you already said so many times. Making the gameplay completaly stats based the balance will be natural, like a player with a better passing will pass better than the one with a poor passing stat, never overuled by team tactics.

Yes, i know, your right there!

Thing is the game is still made to work with 360 dribbling and movement so that old 8 direction lock-down along with what we have seen in 2015 and 2014 the lack of freedom in every way prevents any development at all for the future of PES. We have to also remember PES fell off during the 2008-2010 cycle because it was 'Too similar' to the older games and seen as 'old gen' compared to what FIFA was doing. They cannot make the same mistake again.

When doing the latest survey, what interested me was one question they asked was 'which game are you playing now? You had 3 choices, PES 2013, 2014 or PES 2015.

I naturally said 2013, even though i'm playing 2015, I'm sure Konami would had noticed that there is still many people out there who are still playing and patching PES 2013. I'm 100% convinced PES 2013 has always been their vision to take PES forward.

I think their dilema now is to make a game that can evolve to the point of a total stats based gameplay without loosing the balance neither the "old time PES feeling" that the lack of freedomg gives. Some solutions may be in the speed of animations being based on stats, like in 2013 (something also that you already said several times and IMO would create a much better individuality feeling than the way it is now), the improvement of teamantes AI and a higher variety of tactics (although tactics being very effective on 2015 they are extremely limitated to 4 or 5 styles of play).

If they can do these 3 changes for 2016 i will be very happy, even without total freedom. If they don´t, well, there´s always the next year... :P

Your right on the individuality, it's in PES 2015 in a different way compared to the past but not as deep as 2013, again the key is everything is set inplace for the stat based individuality and speed of animations being stat driven to come back in. I'm sure they had not worked on this the last two years because of the development in the last cycle, it was done so well, it didn't need anymore development, what was in desperate need to be developed was the animations and physics, so it would make sense to re-implement them all back in.

With the tactics, i really like what they did in 2015, it's was the right way forward, the extreme values and extreme 4 styles of play gives the right base to go forward, pes 2013 again was deeper but more 'volatile' and pes 2015 showed how much individuality drove the game compared to team tactics.

I think again, we come back to the million dollar question if Konami will throw the baby out with the bathwater? I really hope Konami understood, fundamentally people disliked PES 2013 because it didn't have the engine, it looked old/ps2 like in animations and presentation and physics and this influenced people to not give it a chance, do the same game as 2013 in 2016 on a modern engine, people will learn and give the game the time needed to learn it.

What worries me is the lack of patches. It's a great game now, but with some fine tuning it would be so much better. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like they don't care. C'mon, even EA gave us two gameplay patches for Fifa 15.

If only Konami could implement what Klashman and Honome are suggesting. .. we would have one hell of a game to look forward to!

What worries me is the lack of patches. It's a great game now, but with some fine tuning it would be so much better. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like they don't care. C'mon, even EA gave us two gameplay patches for Fifa 15.

Exactly. It's close to being a great game. Infact, it's the best football game on the pitch since PES 6. Disappointed Konami haven't tried to improve it slightly with a couple of patches though. Wankers!

Last edited:
we asked for it.
btw dont get your hopes up guys, looking at Bhatti's twitter PES is all about myClub and about in it how easily you can get superstar players, unlike ever in FIFA UT, plus showing off your vines of magnificent goals as it so easy to pull them off this year. are you part of the target audiance? this is the question here

Last edited:
we asked for it.
btw dont get your hopes up guys, looking at Bhatti's twitter PES is all about myClub and about in it how easily you can get superstar players, unlike ever in FIFA UT, plus showing off your vines of magnificent goals as it so easy to pull them off this year. are you part of the target audiance? this is the question here

I don't want to be part of an Earth like this, let alone a target-audience.

we asked for it.

yep i asked him why fouls, refs and manual shooting not being addressed instead of stadiums and more balls..I got ignored (i think)he did mention that something were easier to do but wasn't sure if he was talking to me or not which worried me as if he was he has acknowledged an issue but basically said it cant be fixed..I think they need to get something sorted quickly with the fundamentals as you can more or less guarantee FIFA will come back stronger next year

we asked for it.

whats the difference between that crowd and the gameplay they like and the guys who played pes 2013 like this:
YouTube - PES 2013 - Goals And Tricks Compilation (HD)

This is one of the great factors of PES 2013, if you wanted it to be arcadey it was great, play it on full support and short matches, if you wanted a sim it was great, longer matches and 1bar/manual.

pes can do this next year on the new engine.

Goalkeepers seem to behave really well...but the slowness of the animations kills it for me. Trying to believe it's a reaction save is hard when you see them fall backwards and a lazy arm somehow keeps the shot out. I enjoyed the variety of goals in the PES 2013 video and I made a couple myself but you can see how odd the ball looks. It doesn't keep rolling but slows down. Yeah, the piece of string analogy. It seems that they still haven't been able to really free up the ball yet. Will they bother in the next game is the big question?

Patch v1.03:

Based on requests, we have added the following:

<myClub>
・myClub players list
・Separate display for injured players and players with contact expiry in the team management window.
・The likelihood of a successful deal has been changed in the Overall Rating display.

Issues below have been fixed

<Online>
・Live Update automatically applied in offline matches after playing online matches

<myClub>
・Player name is still displayed even after the cursor is set as the user name in VS COM matches.
・The substitution number settings are maintained when a VS COM match is played after a Friendly match.
・Some cases are seen to only allow GPs to extend a player contract
・Some cases are seen to lack the bar display of [Middle] when setting [Attacking Area] in [Offensive Tactic].

<Master League>
・Manager name is not applied when the name is set as the one used previously for managing a National team
・Game speed does not match the setting when playing in manager mode
・Actual annual salary and contract length are different to the value negotiated for players who are [Free Agents] or [Others].
・If the player trade negotiations are not closed by 31 August, the user may not be able to proceed to 1 January.

<Become a Legend>
・Unable to proceed the match when your CPU does not take a FK when he is assigned to.

<Edit>
・Edited appearance of players set to default after Live Update application

Minor adjustments have been made to a variety of modes to improve general gaming experience.

Original source: http://www.konami.jp/we/online/2015/html/shared/topics/index.php

No gameplay changes from the looks of it (don't get excited by the last line, they said that for the last patch and it just referred to UI stuff).

Last edited:
There seems to be a new, small data pack too (ver. 3.00, about 5MB), at least on PC.

Is it the same on PS4? Any warnings about data pack containing latest transfers or something like that?

There's a stubborn belief in PES circles that Konami have a tradition of releasing unannounced gameplay changes in patches. There is no such tradition, of course, and no basis in any sort of reality. The belief is as much a part of PES lore as 'solid platform for next year', 'no need for super-cancel' etc.

Every PES forum needs a special section for Konami patch discussion entitled 'Guys, Guys, I Know It Sounds Crazy But You Gotta Believe Me!!!'

DLC 3.0 = no faces, no stadiums, no balls, no kits, no shoes

new dlc only menu/mode settings updated

2IgV3Mb.jpg

There's a stubborn belief in PES circles that Konami have a tradition of releasing unannounced gameplay changes in patches. There is no such tradition, of course, and no basis in any sort of reality. The belief is as much a part of PES lore as 'solid platform for next year', 'no need for super-cancel' etc.

Every PES forum needs a special section for Konami patch discussion entitled 'Guys, Guys, I Know It Sounds Crazy But You Gotta Believe Me!!!'

In this day and age one should not have to use super-cancel anymore to free up players at certain times during the game.

Back
Top Bottom