PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Yes, but the point is that this is a PES forum where you have the right to discuss PES and even more if you play PES since Hadrians' wall was build. But definitely no PES. 2016.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wonder if you ever have bought PES..

Wait, what?

Why do some of you get so defensive about PES? It's not like I am insulting your children or stating that I hate the President of the U.S.

It's a football game which needs lots of work. That's all it is.

Gamers can be a funny bunch!

Last edited:
Wait, what?

Why do some of you get so defensive about PES? It's not like I am insulting your children or stating that I hate the President of the U.S.

It's a football game which needs lots of work. That's all it is.

Gamers can be a funny bunch!

You also hate Football Manager ( watching the paint dry ) and Wenger.
After this post you probably hate me as well :)

Kits DO matter to a lot of people as do stadiums. I am so happy with FIFA 15 Career Mode this season, playing at all the different Premier League stadia,

Another moot point, IMO. Apart from the intro where the teams come out, when you're actually in the match, you could be playing anywhere (on both games) as you don't see the stands much at all.

You also hate Football Manager ( watching the paint dry ) and Wenger.
After this post you probably hate me as well :)

Not at all, I like you!

Things I like:

Heineken
My PS4
Natalie Sawyer
Evo-Web
Peanut Butter
Arsenal

Things I dislike:

Konami
Football Manager games
Beetroot
Nigel Farage
Spurs

Another moot point, IMO. Apart from the intro where the teams come out, when you're actually in the match, you could be playing anywhere (on both games) as you don't see the stands much at all.

Disagree. The stadiums matter to me. I hated playing every game at the same stadium in PES 2015. Also, the shadows in day matches look terrible.

And 90% of Master League matches at night. Why? Premier League games are generally played in the day time.

Plus awful fixture lists. I had THREE away games in a row.

Again, all of these annoyances matter to me. Again, it's my opinion. No-one is RIGHT or WRONG with this, it's personal preference.

Again, I am not attacking anyone here, I am just stating my gripes about a Pro Evolution Soccer game at a Pro Evolution Soccer forum.

I could vent my thoughts to my class at Uni but I think this place is more suitable for it :))

Football Manager games are like watching paint dry. I want action, not lots of numbers on a screen. Boring.

Kits DO matter to a lot of people as do stadiums. I am so happy with FIFA 15 Career Mode this season, playing at all the different Premier League stadia, the atmospheres, the crowd chants - it really gets you into the moment.

Konami haven't caught up with football gaming. They still behave like it's 2001. They have their small base of diehard fans left but I think a lot of people have moved away from PES now and won't go back in fear of getting burned.

PES 2015 was the last time I bought PES, after getting it every single year since the Nintendo days of old. They won't get a penny from me again until their whole philosophy changes.

This might annoy some of our residents here who think I should just "play FIFA then, stop coming in here!" But I need to see more from the Konami team now - they are assuming we're all happy with a shallow, half baked product year in, year out. We're not.

I am just venting - this is a forum about PES, I've spent a FORTUNE on their games over the years and my opinion is justified I feel.

We all have our opinions - people can keep saying "I love this game" and that's fine but when someone has a gripe, they get attacked for it. That's not really fair - forums are about debate, as long as we're civil about it, right?

I find critique and debate interesting. PES 2015 is loved by some, hated by some and not even tried by others. I've bought it, given it weeks of play - and it's not a terrible game, far from it. But it all feels, I dunno, DATED. It's doesn't feel like modern football game; it's stale and laggy.

Cant disagree on how good it is to play all EPL stadiums in an EPL season...However after playing pes i can no longer play fifa at all...This shows how much more important gameplay is over all else.

But off course would love for more stadiums and kits etc...but it wont make or break the game for me

gameplay>all

If only ea and konami could do a merge lol

with sales falling in 2014 it will only take FIFA to get the gameplay right once and it could signal the end of PES - there are millions who obviously think that FIFA is there already - if they sorted the AI defence system out i would switch straight back

with sales falling in 2014 it will only take FIFA to get the gameplay right once and it could signal the end of PES - there are millions who obviously think that FIFA is there already - if they sorted the AI defence system out i would switch straight back

It seems fifa have nailed the gameplay.....UNTIL you play pes....then you realise how far off they are when you try to go back and play it....wtf ping pong passing superspeed arcade trick show same moves same goals same runs no strategy game.....the game is wrong...

I had the same thought when I was surprised about FIFA´s gameplay this year.

I hope KONAMI sees that as well.

It seems fifa have nailed the gameplay.....UNTIL you play pes....then you realise how far off they are when you try to go back and play it....wtf ping pong passing superspeed arcade trick show same moves same goals same runs no strategy game.....the game is wrong...

Yes. If EA ever nail the physics and gameplay though I think Konami would be in trouble. I think Konami are very lucky EA still can't get it right on the field.

Yes. If EA ever nail the physics and gameplay though I think Konami would be in trouble. I think Konami are very lucky EA still can't get it right on the field.

its not that fifa is bad they are 100x better than they used to be its just the fact pes is so far superior. I actually thought fifa15 was the best football game ever at one point, now i cant even touch it.

its not that fifa is bad they are 100x better than they used to be its just the fact pes is so far superior. I actually thought fifa15 was the best football game ever at one point, now i cant even touch it.

Agreed. I think FIFA 15 is the best FIFA to date but I just can't acclimate to the way the AI behaves, and especially the way the players and ball move and feel on the pitch. It's a shame because I like the career mode and the FIFA's immersive presentation a lot.

Last edited:
Agreed. I think FIFA 15 is the best FIFA to date but I just can't acclimate to the way the AI behaves, and especially the way the players and ball move and feel on the pitch. It's a shame because I like the career mode and the FIFA's immersive presentation a lot.

ye i was getting into the career mode as well but start to feel most games played out the same and goals constucted the same and cpu always play the same....it got boring.

Pes every game is different...nevermind the slower pace, and more dynamic interesting gameplay

Pes every game is different...nevermind the slower pace, and more dynamic interesting gameplay
I felt like in FIFA, all of the AI teams play in the same manner even though it's enjoyable - in PES I feel the same, I don't see much difference between Swansea's strategy and Man United's (maybe it's because I'm playing on Superstar but it all seems to be about ball retention no matter who you play).

Am I the only one who feels like that or is this a known issue? Is this one of those things that requires a mass edit to fix (and does it fix it)?

Definitely on superstar this happens, and to some extent but not as much on top player.

The problem is that it just isn't realistic, in reality some football teams want to play like that and try to play like that (Wigan in the premier league under Martinez is a prime example) but they just didnt have the capability to play nice football where as in PES on superstar every team have the same skill level as Barcelona and ping it about at will

That's a good point. However, Konami have to do something to account for the "difficulty level" selected by the player. In real life there's only the ability of the players and the team. There's obviously no "difficulty level." That's one reason why football video games will never fully simulate real football.

I felt like in FIFA, all of the AI teams play in the same manner even though it's enjoyable - in PES I feel the same, I don't see much difference between Swansea's strategy and Man United's (maybe it's because I'm playing on Superstar but it all seems to be about ball retention no matter who you play).

Am I the only one who feels like that or is this a known issue? Is this one of those things that requires a mass edit to fix (and does it fix it)?

Exactly how I felt. And World Class is so easy, I was beating most teams by 2 or 3 goals.

Then switch to Legendary and the CPU keeps the ball and makes really unrealistic passing amongst it's defence for most of the match!

So offline you have these issues and online the button lag is a nightmare.

Maybe next year Konami will get it right.

its gotta be hard to balance realism with difficulty levels but in my master league its righ enough, when i play like deprotivo i win easy 3-0 etc, then valencia i struggle for a draw then away to real madrid smashed 5-1 etc

so konami are doing something right and i notice minimal scripting..but im oblivious to these things most often

The reason that Fifa will always have that bit more on PES is not just the kits and real names. Its the game modes and detail.

PES15 is really good this year but the lack of modes makes the game dull. Master League is so boring its unreal.

The loading screen just going round and round for ever is another problem. Konamis pathetic version of FUT is a joke (I dont play this mode in either game) but from all the problems Ive seen and heard its another half arsed attempt by Konami.

I dont really care about commentary either but Fifas (although a tad repetitive) is up to date with its facts and information.

For example The stadium announcer in fifa at the end giving out information and calling the added time - Ok it don't affect game play but it adds to the atmosphere and atmosphere is something that PES15 doesn't have. Again, its just another "potential" game of what could've been with a bit more effort.

Listen, I still like PES and prefer the game play to Fifa but after playing fifa and then playing PES the game just seems so drab and dull.

As usual with Konami its another case of maybe next year.

For example The stadium announcer in fifa at the end giving out information and calling the added time - Ok it don't affect game play but it adds to the atmosphere and atmosphere is something that PES15 doesn't have. Again, its just another "potential" game of what could've been with a bit more effort.
There are stadium announcers in PES...

There are stadium announcers in PES...

If there are Ive never heard them say "in this weeks programme, thanks for coming and take care on the journey home, there will be 5 minutes added time, announce the goal scorer"

If they do then fair enough

If there are Ive never heard them say "in this weeks programme, thanks for coming and take care on the journey home, there will be 5 minutes added time, announce the goal scorer"

If they do then fair enough
They announce goal scorers and the amount of added time.

I really want PEs to succeed but still so much work to be done. Every year we seem to be given the game that we should have got years ago with the promise of "next year" as being the game we all want.

The reason that Fifa will always have that bit more on PES is not just the kits and real names. Its the game modes and detail.

PES15 is really good this year but the lack of modes makes the game dull. Master League is so boring its unreal.

The loading screen just going round and round for ever is another problem. Konamis pathetic version of FUT is a joke (I dont play this mode in either game) but from all the problems Ive seen and heard its another half arsed attempt by Konami.

I dont really care about commentary either but Fifas (although a tad repetitive) is up to date with its facts and information.

Listen, I still like PES and prefer the game play to Fifa but after playing fifa and then playing PES the game just seems so drab and dull.

ML is not that boring, its got the basics you need, transfer market, promotions, europe etc...not much more they can add except bells and whistles, youth squad training etc?

ML is not that boring, its got the basics you need, transfer market, promotions, europe etc...not much more they can add except bells and whistles, youth squad training etc?

It's incredibly boring compared to FIFA's Career Mode. It's like Konami don't care about it anymore.

I've been on about this several billion times in the past before but they could add fantasy leagues back in. ML is now too serious for such a bare-bones feature.

Fifa has been doing a really good job at what is effectively window-dressing over the years.

I don't really like how they're turning the game into Sky Sports now (because I don't like Sky Sports) but they've done well at artificially making the game feel exciting in almost all places with their improvements to commentary, pitch aesthetics, celebrations, and then game-modes like Career.

I think Konami's reluctance to realise how important that is to the mindset of people been a factor in their downfall because, even as somebody who hasn't bought Fifa since 13, I wonder why PES doesn't realise that their insistence on excellent faces and a lot of boots only amount to minor things. Things that you can barely tell when you're playing the game outside of replays.

Like people say, Fifa feels like a fuller product and I don't think that's down to just kits and licenses - that's just an easy argument. It's been able to divide up its attention into several areas of the game whereas it seems that PES only concentrates on one or two per year (the kits and the faces usually). It's resources are larger but it seems to be a better organised operation even relatively-speaking.

I mean the Stadium thing still astounds me about PES. We don't need official ones if they can't get them at but why are there so few? It just makes the game seem really minimal and drab. I know PES has a much lower-budget but can we argue that (in relation to what I said about faces and boots) they're just putting their resources into the wrong areas?

For me, PES cares way too much about the authenticy of its Champions League mode (a part I never play) and far too little about the core experience of a normal PES match. Away from the pitch, it doesn't have a strong personality anymore and that's quite atypical for a Japanese game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom