PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Well, if you want that PES plays like a 10 year old game that´s fine, but that´s not enough for me, and for the majority of people. I would like a new PES at least 10 times better than what was PES6, and the way it is it´s not even close to achieve that.

And about sliders you are probably right, konami should keep them away since ALL the others sports games have them... Konami must be right. They are always right, aren't? I am sure their yearly PES sales shows that they are in the right direction... the direction of the end of the series.

PES not selling as well as the competition has nothing to do with sliders and the football on the field. You're probably right though, sliders will eventually show up in the game.

PES not selling as well as the competition has nothing to do with sliders and the football on the field. You're probably right though, sliders will eventually show up in the game.

Agree that it has nothing to do with sliders but have to do with their 10 years ago mentality of not evoluting the game enough because they once were "the king".

i don't see what the issue is with sliders, they aren't effective online and you can chose to use them or not.

I would like to see them especially a speed one as i would like a speed in between 0 and +1

It also needs a decent edit mode badly for the ps4

PS4 version will never be able to have edited kits like last gen, will it?

It's shallow of me but it puts me off playing with fake kits. I got fed up with looking at dodgy Arsenal kit when playing.

PS4 version will never be able to have edited kits like last gen, will it?

It's shallow of me but it puts me off playing with fake kits. I got fed up with looking at dodgy Arsenal kit when playing.

you might not be able to add textures and all that but something half decent where you can pretty much make a replica shirt, surely it cant be that hard

i don't see what the issue is with sliders, they aren't effective online and you can chose to use them or not.

I would like to see them especially a speed one as i would like a speed in between 0 and +1

It also needs a decent edit mode badly for the ps4

Couldn't agree more. So much potential there and very important to the the success of PES. Konami need to take a hard look at the way Big Ant handles the great edit mode in Don Bradman Cricket.

Disagree with absolutely everything in this post.

If you want sliders stick with FIFA I prefer pes the way it is - by no means perfect but sliders must be kept the hell out.

The only thing I want out of this game (that I play on and offline daily) is the old tactics where you could set sliders for 40min goal down push up or hold possession etc..

I am 100% with you on this one zeemeister.

I keep saying this on different forums. If people were able to take control of 'Match of the Day' they would still moan and complain!

I saw a review of PES5 advertised on Twitter last night, saying that even today it's the best football game ever made, and after reading it so many times in this thread I thought I'd fire up the PS2, preparing to laugh at how much it's aged.

Surprisingly, it feels totally different to the modern Pro Evo to me. I was of the mindset that the gameplay hasn't changed a great deal over the years, but that's actually not fair, it has changed quite a bit.

I really enjoyed it - I still wouldn't say it's better than PES 2015, I think that's a bit too far and it still boggles my mind that so many think that, but (for example) I was amazed that passing the ball was instantaneous. TOO instantaneous almost, it felt unnatural! No delay whatsoever.

The AI "cheating" (in quotes because some believe in it, some don't) is so in-your-face it's bordering on outrageous, too. So many glorious through-ball opportunities spoilt because, when you press the through-pass button, you just kick the ball straight to one of their defenders as if they're on your team.

In short - it was fun, and also a reminder that we have a lot to be grateful for this year. Dig it out if you can! :)

(I might carry on a save just because it's great to see the old Premier League line-ups - Liverpool with Carragher, Hamann, Murphy, Kewell, Fowler, Owen... All with authentic kits thanks to the patching Gods around at the time!)

Last edited:
I saw a review of PES5 advertised on Twitter last night, saying that even today it's the best football game ever made, and after reading it so many times in this thread I thought I'd fire up the PS2, preparing to laugh at how much it's aged.

Surprisingly, it feels totally different to the modern Pro Evo to me. I was of the mindset that the gameplay hasn't changed a great deal over the years, but that's actually not fair, it has changed quite a bit.

I really enjoyed it - I still wouldn't say it's better than PES 2015, I think that's a bit too far and it still boggles my mind that so many think that, but (for example) I was amazed that passing the ball was instantaneous. TOO instantaneous almost, it felt unnatural! No delay whatsoever.

The AI "cheating" (in quotes because some believe in it, some don't) is so in-your-face it's bordering on outrageous, too. So many glorious through-ball opportunities spoilt because, when you press the through-pass button, you just kick the ball straight to one of their defenders as if they're on your team.

In short - it was fun, and also a reminder that we have a lot to be grateful for this year. Dig it out if you can! :)

(I might carry on a save just because it's great to see the old Premier League line-ups - Liverpool with Carragher, Hamann, Murphy, Kewell, Fowler, Owen... All with authentic kits thanks to the patching Gods around at the time!)

Of course PES2015 is better than PES5. I've been saying this for ages. Nostalgia can play weird tricks and cloud judgements.

I am 100% with you on this one zeemeister.

I keep saying this on different forums. If people were able to take control of 'Match of the Day' they would still moan and complain!

hmm so should we remove the speed selection altogether as that is a basic slider now and just let knoami decide what speed i have to play at..the same can be argued for passing slider that is already in - can you imagine if we were forced to play at 4 bar - horrible...people have different preferences of what they enjoy and what they perceive to be an accurate representation of the sport..At times konami are miles off and sliders would be a god send for some games ive witnessed

PES 2015 isn't better than PES 5.

Despite the tank dribbling its still far more unpredictable, realistic, intelligent and enjoyable at its worst than PES 2015 at its best.

The game was crafted to be played for years, not for a couple weeks while the "king is back" placebo is still in effect.

The bar for the new pro evo is so low that anything that remotely appears to be a working football gameplay is praised beyond belief. To this day, I still can't understand how a game with barely any fouls or crosses and a horrible ref AI can be called "good gameplay".

ps: how I miss the responsive first touch passing...

PES 5 in 2004 was probably better, or lets say had fewer faults, than PES 2015 in 2014.

However how someone can say it is better in 2015, with current version's free 0 bar passing, dribbling and considering complete tactical naivety of PS2 versions, is beyond me. They are even hardly comparable in my view.

It's too fast and the AI is crap but it's hard not to feel as if Konami had PES 5 under their control. Whether it's due to the amount of variables in the game now (or other issues), PES 2015 just gives off the impression like the development are trying to control a wild-animal in comparison.

I just don't think they have a hold of it compared to the older games and this whole-slider debate seems interesting because it ccertainly would alleviate a bunch of problems that cause problems with the game - specifically between the attacking and defending parts of the game (ie the through ball conundrum) - which the team just weren't able to fix before the game was released.

Last edited:
While PES 2015 looks better and is technically superior to PES 5 in some ways, PES 5 plays a better game of football, and is definitely more addictive. Pitty it looks like arse on my TV though. I'd pay $100+ for an HD version. I am enjoying PEs 2015 though for the most part.

You'll have to manually do those things because I don't think there's any way to install it in NG. Not to mention any edit you'll do in edit.bin will reset when you update the game.

PES 2015 isn't better than PES 5.

Despite the tank dribbling its still far more unpredictable, realistic, intelligent and enjoyable at its worst than PES 2015 at its best.

The game was crafted to be played for years, not for a couple weeks while the "king is back" placebo is still in effect.

The bar for the new pro evo is so low that anything that remotely appears to be a working football gameplay is praised beyond belief. To this day, I still can't understand how a game with barely any fouls or crosses and a horrible ref AI can be called "good gameplay".

ps: how I miss the responsive first touch passing...

PES 2015 is better than PES 5 IMO. But the rest of your post is accurate.

I hate this "King Is Back" rubbish spouted by PES fanboys all over Twitter. It clearly isn't back at all. If anything it should say "PES is going back. To where I bought it."

PES 2015 is better than PES 5 IMO. But the rest of your post is accurate.

I hate this "King Is Back" rubbish spouted by PES fanboys all over Twitter. It clearly isn't back at all. If anything it should say "PES is going back. To where I bought it."

Are you still banging your drum here?

Good grief what wrong with you man? Go play something else.

PS: the king is back.

Are you still banging your drum here?

Good grief what wrong with you man? Go play something else.

PS: the king is back.

Rather than banging your drum, can anyone answer this guy's query? Surely it's not a hard question.

so what this DYMOS guy did is totally rubbish ?

http://daymospes.blogspot.com.au/

I am not referring to OF or those that gets you fancy pancy stuff for the kits, club logo, club emblem etc ...

So, my question is: if my friend did heaps of editing on the jersey stripe etc and players names etc ... can I not get his file (whatever this file is called in PS4/XB1) and use it?

Is there no such thing called File Sharing Method (using Cloud) ?

Very good post, agree 100%. Seems a lot of people are getting bored already.

I saw so many pre-owned copies of this in CEX and GAME when I popped into town yesterday.

Its a shame. At first, I was like WOW - PES is back. But I think times have changed, people (myself included) want more from their football games now.

IF PES 2015 had a more in-depth online and non-laggy gameplay, it would be bearable.

The reason you have seen so many copies of pes 15 at CEX is because people sold thier disc verson and bought digital to get extra TOTY player and gotze. Disc version also gave them 1 TOTY and additional bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom