PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I started an ML (I've been playing online 90% of the time, I really enjoy it, button lag or not I'm addicted, but fancied a career and a Champions League adventure).

As Liverpool, I played Swansea in the league on Superstar difficulty, and once they'd got a goal (which I felt powerless to stop - maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, I'm not arguing that I was cheated), all they did was pass the ball along the back four. Now I'd understand that if it was late on, but from the 10th minute to half time, they just passed back and forth among the defence.

I'm not exaggerating - they passed to the wingers maybe 4-5 times max, before passing back to the defence again.

I realised why this was - as soon as I stopped moving my players into positions that blocked their passing lanes and "let them" make a pass by stopping pressing them aggressively in an attempt to regain possession, they began passing up the pitch. So it seemed to me like they were impossible to play against because they were God, in essence - they knew the likelihood of a successful pass before kicking it, so refused to give up possession.

I set the difficulty down to Top Player, and won 3-0. Didn't feel satisfying whatsoever.

Still love the game, and maybe it was a one-off - but it seems a bit too God-like on Superstar. I played Ludogorets in a Champions League qualifier on Superstar and won 2-0, yet they had chances and it seemed like a fair game I deserved to win. But Swansea played like an (albeit scared) Barcelona, and West Brom (who I lost 1-0 to) played very similarly.

Sliders would be useful - maybe not FIFA-style sliders which break elements of gameplay, but one general tweak slider for "what overall level of team should be impossibly difficult to beat - an overall 78 team, 80 team, 82 team"... I don't know, something.

In the meantime I'm more than happy playing PES online, FIFA offline and Football Manager in bed. Although the missus isn't. :D

I know what u mean sometimes cpu sets to defensive and they just pass amongst defense for like 20-30min game time before u even get close to getting possesion back. Its anoying.

Doesnt seem to be anyway to fix it in game..someone said change all teams settings away in the tactics thread so u could read that and fix the issue.

however, thats a drag, top player is far to easy....tbh that thing above doesnt happen to often imo, so i thin superstar is the only way to go...

I know what u mean sometimes cpu sets to defensive and they just pass amongst defense for like 20-30min game time before u even get close to getting possesion back. Its anoying.

Doesnt seem to be anyway to fix it in game..someone said change all teams settings away in the tactics thread so u could read that and fix the issue.

however, thats a drag, top player is far to easy....tbh that thing above doesnt happen to often imo, so i thin superstar is the only way to go...
My problem with fixing things like that through the tactics is the time it takes, only to find the difference isn't huge (or then find another frustrating AI issue, or teams all playing the same way) and find you've spent an entire evening editing something for no reason.

I used to work on patches, used to pour hours of my life into editing the game. I'm at the point in my life now where - well, I have a life (I didn't back then), so I buy a game to play it out of the box. If it's a slider fix that takes 30 seconds, or there's an en-masse change option, great. Otherwise, no.

I won't even play LittleBigPlanet because of the whole idea of creating/downloading custom levels... No! You make the game! It's your game! Lazy bums. :D

My problem with fixing things like that through the tactics is the time it takes, only to find the difference isn't huge (or then find another frustrating AI issue, or teams all playing the same way) and find you've spent an entire evening editing something for no reason.

I used to work on patches, used to pour hours of my life into editing the game. I'm at the point in my life now where - well, I have a life (I didn't back then), so I buy a game to play it out of the box. If it's a slider fix that takes 30 seconds, or there's an en-masse change option, great. Otherwise, no.

I won't even play LittleBigPlanet because of the whole idea of creating/downloading custom levels... No! You make the game! It's your game! Lazy bums. :D

I agree man it should work out the box and ive no time to edit all this stuff.

But still superstar is the only way to go just stick with it.

Ive literally gone i think at most 30-35 in game mins without being able to get the ball, its only happened 2 or 3 times though, most often i can win ball back in 10min or so but thats no good if its 80min and u need a goal lol.....

desperate measures u can just try hack some guy off ball then theyll get a fk and hopefully pump it upfield

Good to see more people playing the game on the manual settings. It's definitely the best way to experience the game. Had a chuckle and rolled my eyes when I read someone's comment above that the game lacks depth. While it may be lacking off the pitch, the football is far from "shallow."

Not sure if it is , there is the very odd slide tackle that's a foul by the AI so it is possible.. I don't know much about programming but on superstar the AI plays very similar look for the pass inside the area turn and shoot ..if keepers coming out always lob..maybe this programmed decision making is the same for fouls as in just don't do it

Dunno but it's weird how PES5, a game released 10 years ago, has superior AI. The fox engine could be optimized for third person shooter logic and is simply incompatible with football logic.

Good to see more people playing the game on the manual settings. It's definitely the best way to experience the game. Had a chuckle and rolled my eyes when I read someone's comment above that the game lacks depth. While it may be lacking off the pitch, the football is far from "shallow."

In your opinion - glad I made you laugh though!

In MY opinion, and many others - this game is shallow. Get ball into box, tap shoot, goal. Doesn't matter what player you have control of.

Anyway, I am just repeating myself. PES 2015 is a great step forward, but the game modes still suck badly and I can't see them making huge improvements to PES 2016. They will probably add a few player faces, a new mode BE A DOG or something equally strange and 2 extra stadiums.

And the PES fan boys will still lap it up.

I know i have been slagging the game off recently as it was really boring me, but i think i may have found my solution. I have dropped from superstar to top level as superstar is far from realistic, back to full manual for various faults with other modes but the key for me is speed..i have upped it to +1 instead of -1..took some time to get used to it but its far more exciting, it more difficult too as you have less time to think so makes manual a little harder...started a master league with Bolton played 2 won 1 lost 1

I realised why this was - as soon as I stopped moving my players into positions that blocked their passing lanes and "let them" make a pass by stopping pressing them aggressively in an attempt to regain possession, they began passing up the pitch. So it seemed to me like they were impossible to play against because they were God, in essence - they knew the likelihood of a successful pass before kicking it, so refused to give up possession.

This drives me nuts. There are times when the best way to defend is just put the controller down, wait until the CPU finally decides to pass into your final third, and then start to defend.

Here's a great example. This is me against PSG in the Champions League on Superstar. PSG - down a goal - not only doesn't attempt a pass into my half for what seemed like an eternity, but they are able to retain possession for more than 10 minutes of gametime, from about the 13th minute to the 25th.

Forget formations, tactics, difficulty levels, etc., this shit just shouldn't be happening.

YouTube - PES CPU Possession

You said your going back to FIFA as it offers more fun for you. What are you still doing here then ? You said what you had to say...there is FIFA section that you can post. If the game is shallow, stop repeating yourself over and over and over.

Who are you? The PES Police?

This drives me nuts. There are times when the best way to defend is just put the controller down, wait until the CPU finally decides to pass into your final third, and then start to defend.

Here's a great example. This is me against PSG in the Champions League on Superstar. PSG - down a goal - not only doesn't attempt a pass into my half for what seemed like an eternity, but they are able to retain possession for more than 10 minutes of gametime, from about the 13th minute to the 25th.

Forget formations, tactics, difficulty levels, etc., this shit just shouldn't be happening.

YouTube - PES CPU Possession

A lot of the time they didn't really have a foreward pass on although sometimes they did and still passed backward lol

I often watch Barcelona and they play the same way. Must be super frustrating for the opposition hehe

Known issue. Practical solution: ease pressure and let them proceed to your half. They will then try to attack.

Theoretically... Passing accuracy is too high and first touch too perfect. That allows the CPU to play this way.

Not moaning, but is Konami going to release a gameplay patch? Even EA released two.

top player is far to easy.... i thin superstar is the only way to go...

Patching the defensive AI would greatly improve the experience with both top player and superstar. It would make attacking against top player more difficult - as it should be. It would also improve your own defense against superstar - now the defense is Swiss cheese of the smelliest kind.

Don't know if it's master league , the increased speed I'm playing at , or combination of both or just coincidence but I've had two pens in 3 games (never had any before) and a slight increase in fouls ..enjoying master league

You look like a troll my man. Why post here if you don't like the game and play FIFA. Like, how stupid do you look ?:THINK:

It takes one to know one.

PACK IT IN.Infraction if You engage this little spat again.

Lets not have any more pes vs fifa bullshit.It was going quite well up to that point.

gas-station-gif.gif

hey how about this. eat a fucking dick you tough wanna be guy behind the monitor. the only authority u got in ur miserable life is being a mod on a gaming forum. go ahead and ban me you little worthless piece of shit. see if i give two fucks. ban me right now mother fucker lol...u think i will lose sleep u stupid bitch...i can come in with different IPs and different usernames all day, every day ...if i wanted to...but i wont even bother....your the only mod that is obsessed....dick rider..learn how to be a mod from guys like Lami etc...guys that know what they're doing..... so again go suck a fat dick...and ban me right now...see if i care LOL...

Wow you've got deep issues brother. Really no need to abuse him like that, he asked us nicely not to get into a PES v FIFA debate and he's right, it's childish and boring.

hey how about this. eat a fucking dick you tough wanna be guy behind the monitor. the only authority u got in ur miserable life is being a mod on a gaming forum. go ahead and ban me you little worthless piece of shit. see if i give two fucks. ban me right now mother fucker lol...u think i will lose sleep u stupid bitch...i can come in with different IPs and different usernames all day, every day ...if i wanted to...but i wont even bother....your the only mod that is obsessed....dick rider..learn how to be a mod from guys like Lami etc...guys that know what they're doing..... so again go suck a fat dick...and ban me right now...see if i care LOL...

Yep , You have always been given the benefit of the doubt here.Now Your beyond doubt.So long.

It makes it harder sure and gives you more to aim for (literally and figuratively) but I don't think it makes the game a deeper experience. Manual on PES hasn't never seemed very natural given the awkward ways that players react to loose balls. You can alleviate it with a degree of forethought, super-cancelling, and aiming at where you think a player might end up but when it switches to the receiver it's usually very...jerky.

Plus, one of my biggest problems with the game this year is that players always run forward into space but never run to the player with the ball to receive a pass. It's a huge flaw with the AI that doesn't seem to be discussed much here but it's certainly something which is plain worse when you put manual settings on given the greater need to hit longer passes in general.

Plus, one of my biggest problems with the game this year is that players always run forward into space but never run to the player with the ball to receive a pass. It's a huge flaw with the AI that doesn't seem to be discussed much here but it's certainly something which is plain worse when you put manual settings on given the greater need to hit longer passes in general.

They do when you adjust/increase the pass support, also when you play with procession as opposed to counter attack

Completely agree

They do when you adjust/increase the pass support, also when you play with procession as opposed to counter attack

Can't say I've noticed as I don't care enough to fiddle with tactics but I'm sure you're correct. That probably sounds really lazy on my part but I don't get why it's the norm for (what feels like) 99% of the teams to not have any midfield or attacking players looking to collect passes in the opponent's half when a team-mate is being pressured.

This game is strange for some reason now in master league i am seeing slightly more fouls, but more noticeably playing full manual my headers are going on target more now, scored a diving header yesterday which i have never seen before. I always found headers to be off target all the time on manual

Back
Top Bottom