PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Don't know what to make of it. While it's a good game and the best in years, i don't think it deserves to have this award.

Is Fifa 15 so bad that a decent Pes is enough to win?

To me a half decent PES wil always be better than FIFA. The match atmosphere is great in FIFA, but on the pitch PES will always win.

I'm not an accomplished gamer, but i've played a lot of football, i've been coach and ref. To me PES is the only game that feels like real life football. If you play a half decent PES, then you have to think like on a football pitch, i scarcely have that feeling with FIFA (and i agree with most here that FIFA is more customer oriënted than PES, much more).

I read the complaints about people who say PES 2015 is always the same. If you tinker a litle bit with the strategies of the CPU teams (and that should not be necessary, i agree. With the same core game mechanics FIFA would do a better job), it's as close as a game can come to real life football.

To me a half decent PES wil always be better than FIFA. The match atmosphere is great in FIFA, but on the pitch PES will always win.

I'm not an accomplished gamer, but i've played a lot of football, i've been coach and ref. To me PES is the only game that feels like real life football. If you play a half decent PES, then you have to think like on a football pitch, i scarcely have that feeling with FIFA (and i agree with most here that FIFA is more customer oriënted than PES, much more).

I read the complaints about people who say PES 2015 is always the same. If you tinker a litle bit with the strategies of the CPU teams (and that should not be necessary, i agree. With the same core game mechanics FIFA would do a better job), it's as close as a game can come to real life football.

I agree with this about having to play like real life. That´s why I bought it. But then, I´m one of those cases where, the way I play, Top player is no longer a challenge for me, but superstar is frustrating because I´m doing my best to play real soccer, but then CPU realizes he has to win the match so it plays unreal moves to pull a goal out of the hat. Now people can say "Fifa is also very scripted and even more unrealistic". True, that´s why I stopped playing it for a while. But then I realise that in Fifa, I have more fun, realistic or not. I feel I can actually change the outcome of things, unlike in PES sometimes.
Then PES is very realistic, just not in shooting. Players don´t seem to feel the pressure, even with two defenders pushing around, CPU can still walk around and shoot out of GK´s reach. The "almost" situations from CPU are a bit rare and the game turns out to be unfair to me.

We all have to agree, PES did go into the right side this year, but there´s no way this is the best sports game... I just can´t believe it. Soccer game? I still have my doubts. Sports game? No way.

PES2015 won Best Sports game from IGN's "Game of 2014" award.
http://goo.gl/lBdbtI

Doesn't make sense. I've played both football games extensively and although I prefer PES 2015 on the field, FIFA 15 is a much better "sports game." Don Bradman Cricket is also a better "sports game" than PES, and by the sounds of it the latest NBA2K game pretty good too.

Am I doing something wrong.
When ever I press shoot button in this game there is a delay online and offline before your player shoots, in that he has to take an extra touch or by which time he is closed down.
Also when I do manage to get a shot off nearly and we are talking 8 out of 10. The ball hits the crossbar WTFit was not like this in pes2013. Gonna give this game till the w/end then it's getting traded in.

I agree with this about having to play like real life. That´s why I bought it. But then, I´m one of those cases where, the way I play, Top player is no longer a challenge for me, but superstar is frustrating because I´m doing my best to play real soccer, but then CPU realizes he has to win the match so it plays unreal moves to pull a goal out of the hat. Now people can say "Fifa is also very scripted and even more unrealistic". True, that´s why I stopped playing it for a while. But then I realise that in Fifa, I have more fun, realistic or not. I feel I can actually change the outcome of things, unlike in PES sometimes.
Then PES is very realistic, just not in shooting. Players don´t seem to feel the pressure, even with two defenders pushing around, CPU can still walk around and shoot out of GK´s reach. The "almost" situations from CPU are a bit rare and the game turns out to be unfair to me.

We all have to agree, PES did go into the right side this year, but there´s no way this is the best sports game... I just can´t believe it. Soccer game? I still have my doubts. Sports game? No way.

agree with shooting but all the other factors kill the realism too, slowing defenders, break in responsiveness, similar goals over and over, same goalie punch over and over - it is very repetitive and i loved it to start over so much i sold fifa which im now regretting...i think the revieweres spent 30 minutes playing it watching the AI pass side to side and thought this is great sports game of the year - spend a good 3 months playing it and then i think the review will be different. I would of give it 7 or 8 / 10 after 2 weeks playing but it gets that boring now that its down to a 5/6 at best

Doesn't make sense. I've played both football games extensively and although I prefer PES 2015 on the field, FIFA 15 is a much better "sports game." Don Bradman Cricket is also a better "sports game" than PES, and by the sounds of it the latest NBA2K game pretty good too.

Seeing it the same way.

For this achievement just of creating a better working gameplay than last year?

I didn´t expect the award going to FIFA but at least NBA2K15 would have deserved it a lot more.

After playing both games extensively, FIFA 15 is the better game in MY opinion. It's worth the money where PES 2015 should be sold for no more than £20.

There's not enough in PES 2015 to keep me coming back. Best Sports Game? Hogwash, I can think of 3 better sports games than PES.

And if "PES is as close to real football as we can get" then god help us all - it's a million miles off.

(Not a fanboy, I own both FIFA 15 and PES 2015)

pes gameplay keeps me coming back and away from fifa

just shows what matters imo.

Anyway ML BAL myclub Online etc..plenty to keep us happy imo

footy games were so good in the last decade that this year, after 8 yrs i went to PES6 again.

xD havent had that much fun in the last 8 yrs than in the last few weeks with virtual football, sorry guys

Some of those goals we we can see the CPU is going to score no matter what.
Anyway, I wish I had half of that variation in goals in my master league on Superstar.

I think the CPU has been programmed to very effectively utilise certain weaknesses in human defending / tactics / player stats. Perhaps a bit too effectively, because it reduces variations in the game if you give the CPU the same chance over and over again. For example, it is good at exploiting holes in your defensive structure, meaning that if there is room for a through ball, it will find it and use it.

I too tend to think that there is something wrong with the game if I bump into the same problem continuously and can not solve it. But over the years a little nagging sound has developed at the back of my head, telling me that maybe I just haven't been smart enough to figure out a solution. Or maybe a solution exists, but I just don't have the skills to apply it.

Take through balls as an example. They haunt many of us here, including myself. While it's not even desirable to eliminate them completely, we have seen here that players have been able to reduce their numbers considerably with certain techniques and tactics. This week I have played most interesting matches where I used some of the things I learned here to address through balls, and the difference has been radical. It's still early days, but I found the experiments fascinating, and the nagging sound became louder.

Stamina is another good example. Like many others, I thought initially that the stamina system was pretty much broken. By the 70th minute I was ready to sub 10 players. But we learned quickly that by conserving energy you can make your players last through the entire match. And the system forces you to conserve energy, making it superior to the competition's equivalent scheme, where you can run all day without any consequences.

Fouls are an interesting case. Initially I took a handful of cards in every match, usually including some red aces, and the CPU had no fouls. Now I play matches where I have no fouls and the CPU has them. I also know when I am making a foul; initially it felt pretty random. At least on superstar the CPU will not make stupid fouls, and that's the way it should be. Maybe it could foul a bit more, but I wouldn't require radical changes - I know most would.

At superstar not every challenge should be solvable immediately / always / by everyone. More challenge means more bang for the buck. But I agree that there should be a difficulty level between top player and superstar. And superstar should defend better (I play on full manual).

Regarding PES vs. Fifa - which I have also played a lot - well, you can argue preferences, but it gets extremely boring amazingly quickly.

I wonder sometimes if people actually change their tactics throughout the game.

The CPU in this game dosen't really cheat on superstar. it's tough but there is never been a game where its been unfair and unwinnable.

Early on i played i think 27 or so matches restarted me as Barcelona vs Liverpool. Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling and especially Mario Balotelli are very overrated on this game so Liverpool are hard to beat, especially with their formation.

To go through i needed just a victory of some sort since Liverpool lead on away goals (2-2) first leg, every time i played the match Balotelli especially was literally unplayable. He would even score free kicks if you give him a chance, he'd do everything, dribble, off the ball runs, the guy was literally impossible to stop.

With my current tactics settings he was to be precise. The main issue was i was being too strict in trying to win like barca, despite in the first matches nearly getting the 1-0 win or 2-1 win and letting in a last minute goal. I kept replaying because the match itself was rather enjoyable and i was new to the game and i though and looked at this challenge as good to learn from.

Eventually i did win and got through 4-3 in extra time. The match i won, i went 2-0 up early, due to completely changing tactics and going away from the Barcelona tiki taka system and instead using Quick counter and short pass, changing the shape off the 4-3-3 and focusing all attacks down the wing since liverpool used a narrow 4-4-2 diamond the space was out wide.

This is why i never buy these game is cheating arguments anymore because you have so many options at your disposal in this game, also the way Konami have set teams up, if you get your team playing right you should be able to be anyone as long as you look at how the play and exploit their weaknesses. Nobody likes it when you lose despite being 1-0 or 2-1 up, nobody likes being on the wrong end of a comeback. The fact the AI is aggressive enough to be this unkind to you shows when your winning later on int he game you NEED to change your team lineup, you need to drop back and defend and probably pick them off on the counter.

Professional-Superstar are quite similar in challenge depending on if your us. Take this as an example, yesterday i played vs Deportivo on professional, full manual, advanced through ball etc.. with villarreal with just the tactic sliders changed, i won 2-0. Their formation is set up like shit by Konami, it's a 4-1-4-1 but it's unbalanced because they have two players set to attacking midfield and it's easy to find space to score since the midfield is always caught up the pitch.

Now I've changed them and given them their proper 4-2-3-1 formation, now i I've played them 6 times yesterday and lost every single game, they don't play great football but they are very hard to break down unless you work them out and change your settings.

PES 2015 is more basic than previous PES games but the basic nature of the game is so solid and deep, it takes time to master.

It takes time to master. Eh your right there.
It takes time alright on friggin line, every time I create a chance and press shoot I have to wait what seems like an age before my player shoots. Jesus this game is crap. I have said it before pes 2013 absolutely blinds this. The AI stands still and freezes then decides to move when it's too late shocking. This game despite being released late is no where near finished.

I did not buy 2014 but bought this due to reviews and comments thinking that pes was back . What a mistake .
Each to there own I suppose but for me that's it, I have done with it just wish konami would keep pes2013 playable online.

You hated 2013 John King, i remember for about 3 pages you where slating the game no end.

Also i don't play online, what im speaking about is offline. Online gaming i just like or care about these days. I have heard there is some really bad lag online though.

You hated 2013 John King, i remember for about 3 pages you where slating the game no end.

Also i don't play online, what im speaking about is offline. Online gaming i just like or care about these days. I have heard there is some really bad lag online though.

If this "delay" was present in Ps2 Pes people would have praised it as more realistic.

"You can't shoot the exact moment you think to shoot in real life too", that's the kind of sentences i would have listened.

Now, since it's the time to hate on everything KONAMI does, because KONAMI deserved so much hate during the past years, every single part of the game that it's not good for someone taste makes the game crap.

Please, remove those Ps2 Pes nostalgia glasses and you will see how much fun Pes 2015 gameplay is without being so arcade like Pes5 or 6 were.

I really sometimes feel like i have a totally different Pes 2015 than people complaining about the game being crap. The game is not best sports game material, but it's good nonetheless.

Last edited:
It takes time to master. Eh your right there.
It takes time alright on friggin line, every time I create a chance and press shoot I have to wait what seems like an age before my player shoots. Jesus this game is crap. I have said it before pes 2013 absolutely blinds this. The AI stands still and freezes then decides to move when it's too late shocking. This game despite being released late is no where near finished.

I did not buy 2014 but bought this due to reviews and comments thinking that pes was back . What a mistake .
Each to there own I suppose but for me that's it, I have done with it just wish konami would keep pes2013 playable online.

Pes 2013 online servers will be closed in few weeks

Hy guys i need help
I have PES 2015 for my PS3 but i hate that PES has not got licences for german bundesliga and etc. so i wanted to ask you if you have a patch for it for PS3. If you do, can you please send it to mi by messesage or here. Please i need your help:))

I wonder sometimes if people actually change their tactics throughout the game.

The CPU in this game dosen't really cheat on superstar. it's tough but there is never been a game where its been unfair and unwinnable.

Early on i played i think 27 or so matches restarted me as Barcelona vs Liverpool. Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling and especially Mario Balotelli are very overrated on this game so Liverpool are hard to beat, especially with their formation.

To go through i needed just a victory of some sort since Liverpool lead on away goals (2-2) first leg, every time i played the match Balotelli especially was literally unplayable. He would even score free kicks if you give him a chance, he'd do everything, dribble, off the ball runs, the guy was literally impossible to stop.

With my current tactics settings he was to be precise. The main issue was i was being too strict in trying to win like barca, despite in the first matches nearly getting the 1-0 win or 2-1 win and letting in a last minute goal. I kept replaying because the match itself was rather enjoyable and i was new to the game and i though and looked at this challenge as good to learn from.

Eventually i did win and got through 4-3 in extra time. The match i won, i went 2-0 up early, due to completely changing tactics and going away from the Barcelona tiki taka system and instead using Quick counter and short pass, changing the shape off the 4-3-3 and focusing all attacks down the wing since liverpool used a narrow 4-4-2 diamond the space was out wide.

This is why i never buy these game is cheating arguments anymore because you have so many options at your disposal in this game, also the way Konami have set teams up, if you get your team playing right you should be able to be anyone as long as you look at how the play and exploit their weaknesses. Nobody likes it when you lose despite being 1-0 or 2-1 up, nobody likes being on the wrong end of a comeback. The fact the AI is aggressive enough to be this unkind to you shows when your winning later on int he game you NEED to change your team lineup, you need to drop back and defend and probably pick them off on the counter.

Professional-Superstar are quite similar in challenge depending on if your us. Take this as an example, yesterday i played vs Deportivo on professional, full manual, advanced through ball etc.. with villarreal with just the tactic sliders changed, i won 2-0. Their formation is set up like shit by Konami, it's a 4-1-4-1 but it's unbalanced because they have two players set to attacking midfield and it's easy to find space to score since the midfield is always caught up the pitch.

Now I've changed them and given them their proper 4-2-3-1 formation, now i I've played them 6 times yesterday and lost every single game, they don't play great football but they are very hard to break down unless you work them out and change your settings.

PES 2015 is more basic than previous PES games but the basic nature of the game is so solid and deep, it takes time to master.

Don´t get me wrong Klashman. I do understand what your saying, and you explained so well that its nearly impossible to disagree with you. Thing is, maybe this game just isn´t clicking for me, and though for the most part feels right, sometimes it does things that feel awkward, things that for me take the gameplay and overall experience on pitch to a lower level.
I do change tactics, I do mess with mentality, with player positioning to fill any gap that shows up, with player stamina through the match etc. I´m no tactical expert but I do like that part of the game. Besides, PES does give us tools no other game has until now.
Still, I want the game to click and when I´m almost there, something weird and frustrating happens, and can´t really tell why, but usually I don´t like it. Things like the winger runing/walking with ball all the way through the midfield to the crossing area, and even with a strong mid or full back, trying to push him out of the ball, but simply can´t get do it, and my pressure just won´t have any effect on his crossing in that moment. Of course I could blame it on my poor positiong in that particular moment, I should have stayed back to cover that space... but this happens a bit too regularly. The same happens when a striker decides to score and with 2 defenders literally on him, pressing and pushing etc, but he keeps the ball and once again, he doesn´t even feel bothered and shoots perfectly.

Also another thing I felt on Top Player and didn´t like. Playing Nimes on league two, was strugling all over the place until match 10 or 11. After that, my team finally "clicked", and started to play to a point where everything was perfect. From there, I got promoted and because my team was pratically the same, it kept playing very good, to the point where I won my first matches against PSG, Monaco, St Etiene and Bordeaux... I mean, I would like to have some challenge on those matches, but it was like playing against average teams from league two.

I can´t get enough saying how the shooting feels in this game. One thing is what happens on the pitch, I get that, its great. I totally see that I have to think before I do, I do have to know when to pass, when to shoot, when to go back and start again.But the way this game shows those things... I´m just tired, that´s all. Specially with the shooting, it feels lame most times, and sometimes, the ball gets some freacking swerve that IRL, according to the player position and time to prepare the shot, would never happen.
I don´t even want to waste time explaining how sad I stay when I have to play during day time, in some stadiums where the shadows are the biggest challenge to my eyes ever in a videogame.

I know these are for some of you, small things, probably not gamebreakers, and I also know for sure, I have PES and I will get back to it know and then. But this is how I feel about it right know.

Last edited:
Hy guys i need help
I have PES 2015 for my PS3 but i hate that PES has not got licences for german bundesliga and etc. so i wanted to ask you if you have a patch for it for PS3. If you do, can you please send it to mi by messesage or here. Please i need your help:))
I believe there are patches for ps3 on pesgaming fourms... Don't know if I am allowed to send links for other fourms on this one.

Don´t get me wrong Klashman. I do understand what your saying, and you explained so well that its nearly impossible to disagree with you. Thing is, maybe this game just isn´t clicking for me, and though for the most part feels right, sometimes it does things that feel awkward, things that for me take the gameplay and overall experience on pitch to a lower level.
I do change tactics, I do mess with mentality, with player positioning to fill any gap that shows up, with player stamina through the match etc. I´m no tactical expert but I do like that part of the game. Besides, PES does give us tools no other game has until now.
Still, I want the game to click and when I´m almost there, something weird and frustrating happens, and can´t really tell why, but usually I don´t like it. Things like the winger runing/walking with ball all the way through the midfield to the crossing area, and even with a strong mid or full back, trying to push him out of the ball, but simply can´t get do it, and my pressure just won´t have any effect on his crossing in that moment. Of course I could blame it on my poor positiong in that particular moment, I should have stayed back to cover that space... but this happens a bit too regularly. The same happens when a striker decides to score and with 2 defenders literally on him, pressing and pushing etc, but he keeps the ball and once again, he doesn´t even feel bothered and shoots perfectly.

If your winning this like this should be avioed if you playing a good resonable deep line of 3-5, have all out defence so players sit behind the ball, so you have bodies ready to stop the AI from getting to your byline. Works well.

Also another thing I felt on Top Player and didn´t like. Playing Nimes on league two, was strugling all over the place until match 10 or 11. After that, my team finally "clicked", and started to play to a point where everything was perfect. From there, I got promoted and because my team was pratically the same, it kept playing very good, to the point where I won my first matches against PSG, Monaco, St Etiene and Bordeaux... I mean, I would like to have some challenge on those matches, but it was like playing against average teams from league two.

I can´t get enough saying how the shooting feels in this game. One thing is what happens on the pitch, I get that, its great. I totally see that I have to think before I do, I do have to know when to pass, when to shoot, when to go back and start again.But the way this game shows those things... I´m just tired, that´s all. Specially with the shooting, it feels lame most times, and sometimes, the ball gets some freacking swerve that IRL, according to the player position and time to prepare the shot, would never happen.
I don´t even want to waste time explaining how sad I stay when I have to play during day time, in some stadiums where the shadows are the biggest challenge to my eyes ever in a videogame.

I know these are for some of you, small things, probably not gamebreakers, and I also know for sure, I have PES and I will get back to it know and then. But this is how I feel about it right know.

if your not using manual settings its all about getting to grips with handling superstar. Its tough, takes a while but it's about finidng the right balance.

Sounds like you be best playing on lower difficulties full manual.

If this "delay" was present in Ps2 Pes people would have praised it as more realistic.

"You can't shoot the exact moment you think to shoot in real life too", that's the kind of sentences i would have listened.

Now, since it's the time to hate on everything KONAMI does, because KONAMI deserved so much hate during the past years, every single part of the game that it's not good for someone taste makes the game crap.

Please, remove those Ps2 Pes nostalgia glasses and you will see how much fun Pes 2015 gameplay is without being so arcade like Pes5 or 6 were.

I really sometimes feel like i have a totally different Pes 2015 than people complaining about the game being crap. The game is not best sports game material, but it's good nonetheless.

I think most of the complains are related to online issues otherwise I totally agree with everything you're saying.

The problem I have with Superstar is the difficulty spikes, which I think are the result of form arrows, but maybe there are other factors going on as well.

For example, I've been running a Champions League effort with Bayern on Superstar. In this run, I got through the group easily. In the knock-out stages, the challenge was stiffer, the CPU more aggressive and clinical with its chances, but I still made it to the semi-final without needing to replay a match.

Then I've come up against PSG in the semis. In a tight match, I lost 1-0 in the first leg away at PSG. In the second leg, a home match for me, PSG's front three attackers are all on yellow/red arrows; several others have red/yellows too. I have played this one single match 10+ times. Everytime, I get crushed. I've changed tactics, formations, line-ups... you name it. This one match plays so differently from all the games leading up to it.

The problem is not tactical. The problem is that due to whatever boosts the CPU is receiving, in 1-on-1 situations the CPU's ability is enhanced by an unfair margin. It makes for an unfair experience, that is not consistent with the majority of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom