PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

That's your connection I play online every other day with no notable lag

I swear this pes 5/6 talk makes me nauseas.

This game has it's flaws but seriously get over it.

"I remember back in my day..... "

My connection?! I have 50mb Download Speeds! How come every other game I have runs like silk online but PES doesn't?!

I am not on about LAG anyway, it's BUTTON LAG. It's not just me that notices this, surely? Why does everything happen a few seconds later than my button press?

Online is a mess. Score a lovely goal? It feels 'meh' because the guy you are playing against (usually Real Madrid) just skips straight back to centre circle.

Want to play Seasons Mode as your favourite club? Yep you can, but you will play against Real Madrid 90% of the time!

Want zoomed out cameras? Forget it. Konami won't let us change them online, you're stuck with fixed camera angles.

Want to play 2v2 with a friend? OK you can, but you have to play at the same stadium every time and it won't record your results, so it's all a bit pointless!

BUT BUT BUT single player is amaze! Well, no it's not really. Top Player is too easy, Superstar is SCRIPT heaven for the CPU.

Master League is boring after 10 or so matches. No injuries, playing at same stadiums every match, outdated menus...

Then there's the over powered shooting. Get the ball in the opponent's area, tap the shoot button and BOOOOOM it's a goal. It all feels so automated, it doesn't give me that satisfying feeling I SHOULD get from scoring a goal. And it doesn't matter what player I have in my control, they can all bang them in. I keep scoring the same goal with my RIGHT BACK! He cuts into area, tap shoot, GOOOOAL.

I am sick of Konami really. They dont listen to their fanbase. They think that we all want 100s of player faces with every update, WE DONT.

We want:

A GOOD online mode, which works, without button lag!

Plenty of stadiums so we're not playing at Konami Stadium every game

MASTER LEAGUE needs to be re-branded and built from bottom to top. WHY do I play every fixture in the evening? Where are the injuries? Why doesn't the CPU pick up any yellow cards? Its a borefest!

This is the reason why PES is always in the bargain bin at most retail outlets after a few months, because everyone returns it or sells it. I am close to doing the same.

Then there's the over powered shooting. Get the ball in the opponent's area, tap the shoot button and BOOOOOM it's a goal. It all feels so automated, it doesn't give me that satisfying feeling I SHOULD get from scoring a goal. And it doesn't matter what player I have in my control, they can all bang them in. I keep scoring the same goal with my RIGHT BACK! He cuts into area, tap shoot, GOOOOAL.

This and AI fouls are the biggest gripe for me and somewhat ruin the whole experience. i've reverted back to manual and shooting is just stupidly easy it gives me little to no joy when I score. Average players blasting it from 40 yards.

Also agree on the top player being too easy but superstar is a scriptfest at times..i get moments where the AI will just ping the ball to about 5 or 6 players and create a scoring chance and there is absolutely noting you can do about it

This and AI fouls are the biggest gripe for me and somewhat ruin the whole experience. i've reverted back to manual and shooting is just stupidly easy it gives me little to no joy when I score. Average players blasting it from 40 yards.

Also agree on the top player being too easy but superstar is a scriptfest at times..i get moments where the AI will just ping the ball to about 5 or 6 players and create a scoring chance and there is absolutely noting you can do about it

Completely agree.

It's a shame because I loved the game at first. But there's not enough here to keep me coming back.

FIFA is the better PACKAGE, I might see if I can pick it up cheap (which is unlikely) - yes, FIFA is too fast on the pitch but there's plenty to keep you going for a year. I'll still keep PES for the odd friendly game against friends when they visit.

Today I got a random 20000 GP bonus on my club. 10000 GP for participating in Myclub and another 10000 GP as an apology for problems caused (?). Anyone else received this?

My connection?! I have 50mb Download Speeds! How come every other game I have runs like silk online but PES doesn't?!

I am not on about LAG anyway, it's BUTTON LAG. It's not just me that notices this, surely? Why does everything happen a few seconds later than my button press?

Same experience here. Every other game runs great but PES is unplayable online for me.

Same experience here. Every other game runs great but PES is unplayable online for me.

It's so annoying isn't it? It's not unplayable for me but it's pretty bad most of the time.

Konami have had AGES to work on this game - how difficult, in 2015, can it be to get a game working properly online?

But no, it's ok everybody - we'll give you 5,000 new player faces, a dog for your ML campaigns and 3 new pairs of Puma boots! Yippee!

:ZZZ:

For the past couple of days I have been unable to make any progress in my quest to defend against superstar. I am going to take a slow motion look at my defending over the next few days, but now I am wondering whether there is a defensive technique I might be missing.

In terms of tactics I have tried fluid formations, containing wide, man marking, double man marking, dropping the defensive line, and setting number of players participating in defending to "many." As for individual player movement, I have tried containing by just placing the player between attacker and target, pressuring, jockeying, and jockeying and pressuring. I have tried to direct the attackers to wide areas away from harm. I have made some success until recently, but at the moment one problem remains: I have great trouble controlling the more able attackers in the final third.

Let's assume my defense has correct shape, an attacker has possession, and I am controlling the defender in front of the attacker. If I try to pressure, the attacker will utilise my momentum and fly past me. If I stay put, the attacker will make a quick move, and either shoot or pass the ball to a free attacker in the box - or sometimes fly past me, cause my defender can no longer keep up with the speed. If I jockey, the attacker will make a quick lateral move to lose me, followed by a shot, pass or burst. The best option seems to be to jockey and pressure, but even in that case a quick lateral movement, or sometimes just a plain burst or dribble will quickly leave the defender in the dust.

Any one vs. one defensive tricks I might have missed? Or am I just too slow and clumsy to keep up with the CPU? This is at speed -1; I am playing full manual.

Defending is a bit of knowing the best positioning and try to tackling after the attacker makes his move. Its also a bit of antecipating what the CPU might do next. Position is crucial, not to close, not to far... Its not something that intuitive and there´s no rule to apply, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t, no matter what you do. That kills my fun factor sometimes, because I know I did the correct thing but the attacker flew by me like I wasn´t even there. Defending gets a bit frustrating sometimes and I guess we´ll have to live with that.

:LOL:

2008, Lami's GOAT!

:JAY:

For the past couple of days I have been unable to make any progress in my quest to defend against superstar. I am going to take a slow motion look at my defending over the next few days, but now I am wondering whether there is a defensive technique I might be missing.

In terms of tactics I have tried fluid formations, containing wide, man marking, double man marking, dropping the defensive line, and setting number of players participating in defending to "many." As for individual player movement, I have tried containing by just placing the player between attacker and target, pressuring, jockeying, and jockeying and pressuring. I have tried to direct the attackers to wide areas away from harm. I have made some success until recently, but at the moment one problem remains: I have great trouble controlling the more able attackers in the final third.

Let's assume my defense has correct shape, an attacker has possession, and I am controlling the defender in front of the attacker. If I try to pressure, the attacker will utilise my momentum and fly past me. If I stay put, the attacker will make a quick move, and either shoot or pass the ball to a free attacker in the box - or sometimes fly past me, cause my defender can no longer keep up with the speed. If I jockey, the attacker will make a quick lateral move to lose me, followed by a shot, pass or burst. The best option seems to be to jockey and pressure, but even in that case a quick lateral movement, or sometimes just a plain burst or dribble will quickly leave the defender in the dust.

Any one vs. one defensive tricks I might have missed? Or am I just too slow and clumsy to keep up with the CPU? This is at speed -1; I am playing full manual.

I'm quite the opposite finding defending really easy. I neither jockey nor run and press. I simply use the L stick to track and pounce with pressing the X button once (O in my case).

:JAY:

I'm quite the opposite finding defending really easy. I neither jockey nor run and press. I simply use the L stick to track and pounce with pressing the X button once (O in my case).

That's exactly what I do. Never use jockey or press. No need to. It's a lot more realistic too just using the L stick and pouncing when a solid opportunity arises.

Try a real life carreer as a football player or as a manager.

I can see the flaws in the game, but i remember a long podcast with Adam Bhatti where he says that the yare working on a tight budget and that additions also mean that other things disappear. So let's hope that they sell loads of games this year, then maybe next year...

Oh and another thing. I'm on this forum since the days of PES1. Nowadays people hail the mythical PES5 or PES6. When those games where published there were as much complaints as now. Some people will never be satisfied (not necessarily Steel Horse by the way).

Take the example of the guy who complained that Barcelona had maximum points after 18 games...this could well happen irl. I wonder with wich team that guy plays. Eibar ? or Real Madrid ?

The there are people who complain about high scores.

Spurs - Chelsea 5-3, not realistic...

Excellent points :APPLAUD:

Try a real life carreer as a football player or as a manager.

I can see the flaws in the game, but i remember a long podcast with Adam Bhatti where he says that the yare working on a tight budget and that additions also mean that other things disappear. So let's hope that they sell loads of games this year, then maybe next year...

Oh and another thing. I'm on this forum since the days of PES1. Nowadays people hail the mythical PES5 or PES6. When those games where published there were as much complaints as now. Some people will never be satisfied (not necessarily Steel Horse by the way).

Take the example of the guy who complained that Barcelona had maximum points after 18 games...this could well happen irl. I wonder with wich team that guy plays. Eibar ? or Real Madrid ?

The there are people who complain about high scores.

Spurs - Chelsea 5-3, not realistic...

I agree. I can understand where some people are coming from on their complains but all that matter to me is on the pitch. I have to give some credit for Konami at least where it comes to the gameplay which I think they have done a good job this year, and yes it's not a finished product. I actually don't play game modes any more other than exhibition games, and I'm still not bored and keep going back to the game. In fact, I have started a ML where I will play my team games on exhibition mode just to enjoy the games where everything is neutral and not subject scripted path, conditions, form arrows etc.

That's exactly what I do. Never use jockey or press. No need to. It's a lot more realistic too just using the L stick and pouncing when a solid opportunity arises.

Funny enough, until last week I played the game without pressing pressure (x) for extended periods, that is, only pressing it once to "pounce" like you do. I too think that is more realistic, and the way the game should be played, particularly if playing manually.

But then I gave in to the lure of "pressure" because I thought that without it, it would not be possible to put enough pressure on the attacker in certain situations. In particular, if an attacker and a defender are side by side, battling for possession, I couldn't steal the ball often enough by just pouncing. I guess pouncing would work in that case too, assuming better positioning and timing. Right?

Come to think of it, I think I won more games when I was only pouncing. With hindsight it looks like I started to use pressure to solve one problem, but then its use extended to more and more places, making me in fact play worse overall.

Anyway, your answers to my question were the best possible: greatly inspired by your success, I will return to what I wanted to do in the first place - pouncing - but will try to do it better. Here "better" means improved identification of the opportunity to pounce.

I really appreciate your help, thanks! I'll report later how it turned out. Now let's play ball!

Has anyone played this on both the PS4 and XB1? Is there any difference in the two versions? Thinking about trading in my PS4 for an XB1 but wouldn't want to ruin my PES experience by doing so.

guys have u tried advanced shooting ? is there same shoot delay bug and no header to score ? why they can't fix things like this :(

This is why I can't play it at all. The universal praise is totally alien to me. It's the same lame through balls and the total lack of confidence that the keepers is going to do anything other than let the ball in.

The keepers are awful,as much as anything else. I'd you shoot from distance yeah great but one on ones it's the same outcome and when your facing Ronaldo etc they don't miss online and MYClub. Might be the nearest Pes to the old days but still the basics for me are so poor it can't grab me. Why it's not been patched God only knows.

I think due to the total lack of any real hype or expectation it has been accepted as being a "Classic" Pes which I think is total blasphemy to Pes3/5/6 .

When people defend Pes keepers on forums or especially the retweets we see. It's the same double or triple save couple of good saves finishes with the scoop save on the line. Yeah it looks great on a vine but it doesn't happen enough in games.
Fifa this year is shocking with the keepers you can stroll past them like in Pes and some really bad goals scored but it's no where near as bad as Pes2015.

I don't post a lot but read everyday on here and its fair and concise . Sorry for being negative but I literally scream at times how supportive people are to the "amazing" game it is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion no harm I get it people hated Pes 5/6 I get that. But I cringe seeing the Twitter feeds and retweets knocking around. I seriously must give up gaming.

Anyway there's always "next year"

Cheers guys

This is why I can't play it at all. The universal praise is totally alien to me. It's the same lame through balls and the total lack of confidence that the keepers is going to do anything other than let the ball in.

The keepers are awful,as much as anything else. I'd you shoot from distance yeah great but one on ones it's the same outcome and when your facing Ronaldo etc they don't miss online and MYClub. Might be the nearest Pes to the old days but still the basics for me are so poor it can't grab me. Why it's not been patched God only knows.

I think due to the total lack of any real hype or expectation it has been accepted as being a "Classic" Pes which I think is total blasphemy to Pes3/5/6 .

When people defend Pes keepers on forums or especially the retweets we see. It's the same double or triple save couple of good saves finishes with the scoop save on the line. Yeah it looks great on a vine but it doesn't happen enough in games.
Fifa this year is shocking with the keepers you can stroll past them like in Pes and some really bad goals scored but it's no where near as bad as Pes2015.

I don't post a lot but read everyday on here and its fair and concise . Sorry for being negative but I literally scream at times how supportive people are to the "amazing" game it is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion no harm I get it people hated Pes 5/6 I get that. But I cringe seeing the Twitter feeds and retweets knocking around. I seriously must give up gaming.

Anyway there's always "next year"

Cheers guys

Good post and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. The video pretty much sums it up here. Goals are almost identical which is so sad cause what made PES great back in the day was it's randomness. That's why people fell in love with the game. There's so little random stuff happening in this game right now it's very boring to me. Granted I haven't touched the game since way before Christmas also tells me something. Back to WE9LE/PES6 and hoping for the best for next year.

Good post and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. The video pretty much sums it up here. Goals are almost identical which is so sad cause what made PES great back in the day was it's randomness. That's why people fell in love with the game. There's so little random stuff happening in this game right now it's very boring to me. Granted I haven't touched the game since way before Christmas also tells me something. Back to WE9LE/PES6 and hoping for the best for next year.

I keep putting it on I have it on both next gen consoles every game is the same on MYClub. I don't get where there going with it . The way formations and Managers are used is a joke especially not being able to change your formation mid game. The whole mode is like a mismash of MLO and UT but with no direction.

And the pre order super players and 6 ball glitch with the MYClub ball roulette make it so poor. And just like normal online with the Real Madrid whores.
On XB1 I have Ribery, Felainni and on Ps4 Bale and Totti. There my standout players but there knowhere near as effective as Ronaldo , Ibra or MESSI. If you come up against them with the poor random defenders you get . It's Not even a contest. That also is due to the total lack of a collison system. Ronaldo is super human at times in real life but Pes' top players are untouchable and have been for a few years now. You jd ut cannot tackle them. That topped with the laggy player switching which doesn't help defending at all. It just makes for a frustrating experience for me.

Has anyone played this on both the PS4 and XB1? Is there any difference in the two versions? Thinking about trading in my PS4 for an XB1 but wouldn't want to ruin my PES experience by doing so.

Not sure about the different PES games but there is a big difference between the consoles you're thinking of swapping. I'd think twice before downgrading.

The pass support makes your defenders freeze, on zero support it's not a problem as your defenders are not prone to freezing like that.

This pass support through ball glitch has made online unplayable, can they release a patch to punish the spammers? Make their through ball accuracy 1 in 10 unless they actually work for a gap in the defense.

They need to get rid of the goalkeeper animation where he dives at full stretch, catches the ball and then loses all inertia and drops vertically to the floor like a sack of dog shit.
Its horrendous and embarrassing they've not fixed it by now.

I keep putting it on I have it on both next gen consoles every game is the same on MYClub. I don't get where there going with it . The way formations and Managers are used is a joke especially not being able to change your formation mid game. The whole mode is like a mismash of MLO and UT but with no direction.

And the pre order super players and 6 ball glitch with the MYClub ball roulette make it so poor. And just like normal online with the Real Madrid whores.
On XB1 I have Ribery, Felainni and on Ps4 Bale and Totti. There my standout players but there knowhere near as effective as Ronaldo , Ibra or MESSI. If you come up against them with the poor random defenders you get . It's Not even a contest. That also is due to the total lack of a collison system. Ronaldo is super human at times in real life but Pes' top players are untouchable and have been for a few years now. You jd ut cannot tackle them. That topped with the laggy player switching which doesn't help defending at all. It just makes for a frustrating experience for me.

I think myclub is rubbish, for all the problems you addressed and more. Konami should eighty-six it all together and put that energy into finally giving the Master League and edit mode a much needed overhaul.

I think myclub is rubbish, for all the problems you addressed and more. Konami should eighty-six it all together and put that energy into finally giving the Master League and edit mode a much needed overhaul.

Personaly I think they should just forgot about modes altogether and spend all their energy getting things sorted on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom