PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I've noticed when you add rivals to teams, games become even more difficult. CPU GKs become super and defenders blocking shots off the goal line. Very hectic. I've tried it twice and it was the same both times, just to make sure it wasn't coincidence. These two games I've played as Arsenal v West Ham.

Nice one Lami. Did not know that. Will have to do some editing as I am finding this to be one of the easiest PES games I've played. Not gonna be a big girl's blouse and resort to 4 bars though.:BLEH::))

I'm finding that this game is almost pushing me into ping pong passing.
If I don't move the ball about using first touch, I get swamped and risk losing the ball easily.

i think the problem with using high assisted passing is that the randomness reduces and it's still too low on manual. My thoughts are because the ball is locked on too much even on manual, not necessarily a player but sometimes it feels like a pre determined path and the cpu is always there to intercept also the ball physics may contribute to the reduced randomness .

Assisted passing helps reduce the interceptions but lowers the random outcomes...in my opinion :)

but 4 bar passing means that players with low pass stats will sometimes still play poor passes?

whereas your pirlos etc will most often make great passes?

But you can still control power on 4 bar? So if u hold pass or long ball long it will go long and ahead of the player? not to his feet?

And you can control direction also? SO I can play a long ball diagonally into other wing ahead of my winger to run onto or thats impossible on 4 bar?

I'm finding that this game is almost pushing me into ping pong passing.
If I don't move the ball about using first touch, I get swamped and risk losing the ball easily.
I'm playing on Top Player with 1-bar pass assist and currently I'm spending more time on the ball than ever. Never been amazing at football games, personally. Feints, dragbacks and general close control buy me some space depending on the player and the enemy who I'm up against.

Having a whale of a time with Lorenzo Insigne, Christian Eriksen & Juan Iturbe as an AM trio at the moment in my Master League.

hey lami, by having it on 4 bars, do u feel a difference in individuality in passing?

Tbh with you I only played a few games on 4 bars which I've enjoyed, but I haven't really looked at individuality. Was simply just enjoying the flow of it all.

Nice one Lami. Did not know that. Will have to do some editing as I am finding this to be one of the easiest PES games I've played. Not gonna be a big girl's blouse and resort to 4 bars though.:BLEH::))

:P

but doesn that make it to easy and ping pong perfect passes

Well obviously it should, but I'm enjoying it because I don't get to play as much. I don't have that much room to learn. But it really did give me that old feeling from the PS2.

Regarding individuality though, I'll need to somehow play more.

I'm playing on Top Player with 1-bar pass assist and currently I'm spending more time on the ball than ever. Never been amazing at football games, personally. Feints, dragbacks and general close control buy me some space depending on the player and the enemy who I'm up against.

Having a whale of a time with Lorenzo Insigne, Christian Eriksen & Juan Iturbe as an AM trio at the moment in my Master League.

Insigne is legendary

Been using him since PES 2012.

The agent thing on MyClub is a joke. It doesnt seem to matter if you use 1 agent or 3 together, the outcome is predetermined!

Every single time you search for a player you know from the start what ball you are going to get? How?

Count 6 balls from the start including the one you start on. THAT IS YOUR BALL!!!

I have no idea how so many are getting big players and big star teams. I can only assume Konami are rewarding them for using REAL MONEY to buy Gold Coins.

Its a joke!

Its very frustrating, can anyone with an idea of coding explain why chipped balls in both games are so over powered, yes they can be defended but what is it about that specific technique that causes so much chaos.

My explanation is pes team doesn't give so much attention on how stats play role on the pitch.

About passing, the only differences in players is in some long balls where the ball take back spin (Pirlo for example). It's cool but not enough. I want more errors in ball trajectories (bad passing stats), or perfect accuracy from players with top stats on passing, technique, vision etc.

The same with shooting.

I missed the old days (we9le), when i was searching about players with specific stats.

Don't you think stats impact on passing, shooting is less pronounced because of this "360 deg" direction we are having now ?

On manual yes. But on assisted settings, passing is one-dimensional, follow a straight line and i can't recognise a good or a bad "pass player".

For me it's just bad implementation of passing-shooting system. General it's the lack of influence of the stats.

Ok I got back from vacation and today I picked up PES again. I don´t know how people enjoy this, if I´m missing something here, whatever. I mean, for some moments I enjoy this game, but at the end of the day I get a slightly frustrating feeling about it?
I can see where all the excitment is but honestly, I don´t think this game should be called a good game... not in 2014/2015.
I started playing a ML in superstar, because top player was geting a bit easy. Thing is, all this CPU variation looks like its there for nothing, because I keep giving away the same goals every time. Why should I botter about CPU variation in buildup? After five matches I was defending pretty well and scoring first, only to watch the CPU make a half lenght long ball to some striker, who is marked, but it doesn´t matter because my defender gets pretty useless and lets the striker do whattever he wants to. Seriously, I´ve seen about 5 goals like this in five matches... One of the matches I gave away 2 goals like this one, right after I score.
And this is just on of the examples. Referee not calling easy decisions, but calls everything against me, CPU players that all of the sudden get super abilities and I can´t tackle them, foul them, nothing... Sometimes all I can do is watch the CPU. I can still workout the result and sometimes make some good things, but I´m getting the strong feeling that this game decides results based in scripted events in a very obvious way.

I started feeling this long ago, but I always came back because the game sure has some nice detais. In the other hand, I´m really gatting tired of this nonsense that the game sometimes offers. I means, it looks like the most realistic game, and then it screws up everything with the same old boring and repetitive decisions by CPU.

I don´t mean to criticise this game blindly but damn it´s been a long time since I actually had a good overall feeling with it.

Ok I got back from vacation and today I picked up PES again. I don´t know how people enjoy this, if I´m missing something here, whatever. I mean, for some moments I enjoy this game, but at the end of the day I get a slightly frustrating feeling about it?
I can see where all the excitment is but honestly, I don´t think this game should be called a good game... not in 2014/2015.
I started playing a ML in superstar, because top player was geting a bit easy. Thing is, all this CPU variation looks like its there for nothing, because I keep giving away the same goals every time. Why should I botter about CPU variation in buildup? After five matches I was defending pretty well and scoring first, only to watch the CPU make a half lenght long ball to some striker, who is marked, but it doesn´t matter because my defender gets pretty useless and lets the striker do whattever he wants to. Seriously, I´ve seen about 5 goals like this in five matches... One of the matches I gave away 2 goals like this one, right after I score.
And this is just on of the examples. Referee not calling easy decisions, but calls everything against me, CPU players that all of the sudden get super abilities and I can´t tackle them, foul them, nothing... Sometimes all I can do is watch the CPU. I can still workout the result and sometimes make some good things, but I´m getting the strong feeling that this game decides results based in scripted events in a very obvious way.

I started feeling this long ago, but I always came back because the game sure has some nice detais. In the other hand, I´m really gatting tired of this nonsense that the game sometimes offers. I means, it looks like the most realistic game, and then it screws up everything with the same old boring and repetitive decisions by CPU.

I don´t mean to criticise this game blindly but damn it´s been a long time since I actually had a good overall feeling with it.
It's not surprising to know what's happening in your games when you picked the highest difficult setting.

I find Superstar unrealistic and frustrating. Yes, the CPU plays better, but unfortunately it does it with cheats and temporary stat boosts. At some point, the only way to beat CPU on Superstar is playing unrealistic football too, which ultimately denies the point of playing this game. Instead, Top Player does have less "suspicious" moments, so i find it more enjoyable, and allows the user to play more realistic football.

Just pick Top Player or Professional. You'll actually enjoy the game this way.

Yeah I know what you mean. I did start this year on pro, until I learned to play better. It has some good balance but it went to easy so I made it to Top Player. Very good balance but still wanted some challenge, because after midseason, my team was playing really good and winning everything. That´s why I tried superstar but I can easily see that this is no way to go. I don´t like to play manual because though it gives more dificulty, I feel that sometimes CPU can´t respond to this level of freedom, and after a while I was scoring long shots easily. Guess I´ll have to try it again. I thought that superstar with assisted pass/shot was a good balanced level but I was soooo wrong...

what the fuck is wrong with this game?
i start a spanish season, bacelona as the cpu have 18 wins from 18 games!

what the fuck is wrong with this game?
i start a spanish season, bacelona as the cpu have 18 wins from 18 games!

Barcelona had a 16 or 17 winning streak in 2010/2011, it is not impossible. I think RM have surpassed that to 22 which ended yesterday I believe. So this is not something out of this world

Barcelona had a 16 or 17 winning streak in 2010/2011, it is not impossible. I think RM have surpassed that to 22 which ended yesterday I believe. So this is not something out of this world

Well After finishing my firts season in ML ( I was atletico)
Barcelona had only 1 lost so that's not ok they need to fix that

Yeah but Konami still lives in the old days, where the main clients were just kids, who always loved to play with the likes of "Ranoldo" and build superteams, only to beat CPU by 4+ goals every single match.

Like I said before, this game makes an attempt to get realistic, and when we are with our eyes wide opened to enjoy it, it throws us dust and disapoints us. The overal feeling i´m getting with the game is "Too bad, they almost did it...".

Oh wait, that was the feeling last year! And the other one...

What is it about people online

Pressure, pressure, throughball. 0 desire to build up or try different avenues of attack. Knew I was up for it when the guy I just played kicked off and ran straight through the middle atleast that's what he tried everytime he had a kick off.

Lol I know silly to complain about online guys but seriously....

What is it about people online

Pressure, pressure, throughball. 0 desire to build up or try different avenues of attack. Knew I was up for it when the guy I just played kicked off and ran straight through the middle atleast that's what he tried everytime he had a kick off.

Lol I know silly to complain about online guys but seriously....

is this really the people's fault?

I've not played this game online yet but I'd imagine it'll be hard to get far sprinting at goal from kickoff because teams press far more effectively on PES than they do FIFA.

Hi everyone. New to the forum. After 10+ years of not playing PES, I jumped back into it this year. Thus, I have no base of comparison versus previous versions or FIFA. Been playing for over a month and I share many of the impressions argued previously in this forum.

The game as such feels fantastic. Some games your team is clicking in all cylinders, always making the passes as intended and quickly recovering balls to launch a devastating counter-attacks. Some other times its maddening as your players can't for the life of them figure out how to make a proper pass or challenge. All in all, playing PES 2015 is a satisfying experience. That being said, I do have some qualms.

Playing vs CPU
As said before, the progression in the difficulty levels leaves much to desire. In anything below Top Player, the CPU is useless at scoring goals which translates into easy, but realistic, games. Once the setting is increased to Top Player or specially Superstar, craziness ensues. When I got the game I started playing the Champions with Barcelona on Superstar. The last game of the round group was against Ajax, and all that I needed was a tie to get into the next round. Mind you, it seemed I was playing against Johan Cruyff's Ajax. Unstoppable fast strikers who constantly made unbelievable dribbling and scoring. Iniesta and Xavi missing easy passes, and Messi and co. missing incredible scoring opportunities. Ended up losing 4-1. So I tried once more, and found myself in the same position. Except this time, I saved the game. It took me 5 tries to beat them as well as several outburst of anger and joy.

So yes, I would say scripting is noticeable on several aspects. Bulldozer wingers are an almost secure goal opportunity. Good luck even trying to tackle them. The card management system is ridiculous awarding yellow cards for everything (maybe a way to stop people from constantly using sliding tackles to stop the CPU on its tracks?). And probably the most frustrating part of all, ball recovery. You can try playing a good defense and surprise the computer with well timed interceptions or tackles only to then see your player collapse or collide against the CPU player and then be unable to grab the ball. This is specially pronounced in the box, where loose balls always find their way to CPU player and then to the back of the net. I alternate between playing online and vs the CPU, so its easy to see how these things don't happen as often when you play vs someone else.

That being said, I understand that these things are done to keep the challenge up. Its like in strategy games when the computer can produce more than you with the same set of resources. On the one hand, it feel like cheating by the CPU but on the other I cannot think of other ways in which the ability of the CPU can be increased without, for example, stat boosting random Ajax strikers.

Myclub
I like the idea of random draws to prevent a situation in which everyone has the same time. Off course is incredibly frustrating when you go against a super team and all of your players are in the high 70s. Im actually ok with that. What frustrates me is that is almost one month that I got the game and I still haven't received Goetze or the UEFA player of the year. So, yeah, when I lose against someone fielding Ibrahimovic of CR because they manage to find a small opening and score an amazing/ridiculous goal that does bother me a lot. Also I have noticed that the special agents that came out during the holidays tend to give away the same players to people. There is an explosion in Kovacic's, Deolofeus, D'alessandros and mcgeadys. It leaves a lot to be desired from the allegedly random selection process.

In any case from what I have seen, your squad tends to stabilize once you reach 6/7 division. With an average team is hard to win enough games to invest in top agents. All that you get is enough to cover operational costs. I don't think that is bad in itself, but can be somewhat frustrating.

Regarding gameplay as such, there are two things. First, are the trough balls. They are relatively easy to stop when you can actually see were the striker is. As pointed before, its key to never press or ask for double coverage with your defenders. Thats what leaves spaces in the back that can be exploited. If you leave defenders on their own, more often than not the will intercept the pass. Off course, sometimes its required to take control of the defender and send it back so you can intercept the pass. Nonetheless, there are some instances with people playing with fast strikers that trough balls are sent from midfield and its literally impossible to see whats happening in the back. Not much to do there except a better camera view.

Second, are the hack and slash tactics many people seem to use. Im ok with using sliding tackles, but there are some people that use them in a, lets say, dirty way. I wish the CPU was as unforgiving with yellow cards with other players as it was when it plays against you. Also, I would like that no matter where the ball goes afterwards, if see one of my players flying in the air because of a tackle, the play stops and a card is awarded. Many times i have seen my attacks fall trough because my AMF is tackled in a brutal way and left in the middle of the field while the play continues. Only problem is that my CF doesn't have anyone else to pass the ball and I end up losing the ball without at least receiving the benefit of the yellow card. Finally, cards should be accumulated. If a player get lets say 2 or 3 yellow cards every 5 games, he should be suspended. Maybe with those changes, brutal tackles are used in a more strategic way.

Last but not least, I would say that its important to concentrate less in the players and more in the coach. Given that its not possible to change the instructions, or even the configuration of a given formation, its important to get a coach that plays a familiar and comfortable style of play. Off course, the game doesn't make it easier given all of the possible variations and that you have to check everyday for different coaches. Still I think that a good coach with a team full of golden ball players can make it far. The other day I played against a guy in division 1 that didn't have any superstar. Quite impressive.

Ahhhh it feels good to take out these things out of your chest :)

Last edited:
AARRGGHH FUCKING, FUCK, FUCK!! Forgot how bloody frustrating PES was.
How the hell do you stop these pin point throughballs from 40 yards out? I'm trying to play proper football, and having 60 odd percent possession but keep getting crucified online with constant 1 on 1 goals

0 pass assist lobbies would do the trick, on 0 assist this game is fantastic against human opponents.

Damn pass supported through ball spammers ruin online.

Back
Top Bottom