PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

There is a masquerade of the incompetence to design a proper sport game by creating a smoke screen of faked difficulty (exaggerated or unfairly applied ball behaviour and physics, situation-based interference with player momentum, collision and animation) to handicap and sabotage the player's effort, to falsely give an impression of sophistication.

I believe the "scripting" actually is a key design concept hard-coded in every aspects of this game mechanics. It is in every fiber of the game at any given situation of the game.

1/ The ball physics, collision, trajectory, player momentum does not only follow the rule of real world physics as a simulation. That rule can be changed almost always to obey another ultimate law of the game:

The Ultimate Rule Of Handicapping The Player:

Handicap and disadvantage the players so that he always has to be on his toes to a masochistic level. The game finds pleasure in frustrating the player, be it obnoxious, annoying, incessant pressure from computer AI or the unexplainable illogical behaviour of the ball and your AI team mates as well as the deliberately biased refereeing.

This is the first football game in which the ball has its own AI programmed to play favorite the whole match either in impossibly STUBBORNLY REPEATEDLY bouncing back to an opponent feet regardless of your skill of tackling or persistently magnetized to an invincible god-like opponent feet. The science of physics simulation has been sacrificed for the science of cheating.

The ball physics and behavior is also synchronized with opponent position to dispossess You or to take control away from You. You do not have to make any error in the game. The game will literally "manufacture" stuff-ups after stuff-ups on your behalf to dispossess You.

Your first touch suddenly becomes impossibly bad for no reason at all (even after receive a well-prepared, well-placed and soft pass) which resulted in the ball drifting impossibly away from You or bouncing uncontrollably whenever there was a convenient opponent nearby (all your teammates' clumsy animation has been pre-coded and has a specific purpose of a smoke screen to mask the delay imposed unfairly on your response and control so as the opponent could have time to dispossess You).

There is a universal law of ball behavior in this game: drifting ball, deflected ball, bounced off ball, loosed ball will always be directed to/snapped to/ locked on to opponents running paths.

There is also a pattern of series of repeated stuff-up of your defenders combined with illogical weird stubborn ball behavior which always bounced back, persistently magnetized back to the penalty area in front of your goal, no matter how much effort You put in to clear it because the game tries to "manufacture" chances for CPU (again not by science of faithful simulation but by cheap cheat).

In long passes, the ball running speed will suddenly slow down or speed up in perfect timing to be intercepted by your opponent regardless of your timing, strength of pass and intention, your passing skill does not factor. You find yourself asking the ball a lot of questions about the way it disobeyed You.

This is the game of the perfect invisible grid in which the ball and your opponent are mutually locked into each other at all time, while You were trying to run between them in vain like a headless chicken on an unstoppable unicycle on a pre-determined rail. Sometimes I feel like I play PES-Cirque Du Soleil Edition. Do I have any chance at all?

2/ To further this masochistic and malicious ruse, the player input is severely interfered with to his disadvantage. Player never has real control to his avatars in the game. They are programmed to disobeyed the controls at triggered chosen moments.

There is always delay, dazed, running away from the ball after a tackle. The cursor switched suddenly to another player at the most crucial moment for no apparent reason when it needs to focus on your controlled player the most.

3/ Pre-determined lock-in mechanics event , in which player has no input in anything:

Your player always keep delayed by being obstructed by the body of a falling opponent after your successful timing tackle.

After a successful tackle, instead of continuing running towards the loose ball, your player is dazed, confused, the cursor suddenly taken off him.

There is always a perceivable pre-programmed pre-synchronized distance between your defenders and the opponent strikers with perfect timing so as he can always have plenty of time to evade your tackling as you approached him. In these impossible and desperate moments, the sliding tackle will certainly earn you an instant yellow card.

Your player always run on rail slowly along side the opponent striker, then neatly tucked in behind him like ducklings follow their mother, regardless of your bust-a-gut running direction changing effort and speed.

The game is full of such annoying unjustifiable hard-coded, delaying, locked-in-place micro-events like that, it is so easy to see the scripting and handicapping.

Sometimes playing the game makes me feel like I just watching a series of animation of "manufactured" stuff-ups on my side and God-like response on CPU side played over and over again at numerous predetermined moments.

In fact, the game is nothing but a series of faked animations to create a hallucination that You are in control, but the outcome will never change. It has been pre-decided by being hard-coded into the game.

Not fully approved...
That said, many considerations are correct and are a good contribution to the knowledge of Pes 2015 match engine.

Last edited:
Shut up KONAMI's clueless slave (there are too many of them).

before writing utter rubbish look at my post history for the past 6-7 years ive slated PES and praised FIFA, FIFA was my game of choice from 08 to the latest release..ive also been very vocal about PES current flaws and what needs to be fixed...that being said it is still the best game of football on the market

To be honest, what he wrote is pretty much spot on. PES 2012 was the first game where this kind of scripting started to appear, and now in PES 2015 it feels like every ball trajectory is precalculated in order to nudge the course of the match in a certain direction. Situations where the ball is free are really rare and when it happens, something simply feels wrong about it.

To be honest, what he wrote is pretty much spot on. PES 2012 was the first game where this kind of scripting started to appear, and now in PES 2015 it feels like every ball trajectory is precalculated in order to nudge the course of the match in a certain direction. Situations where the ball is free are really rare and when it happens, something simply feels wrong about it.

You are entitled to your own opinion but what are you saying is not correct, at a least as far as what I am experiening with the game.

Every game on earth is scripted. I don't the Martians have even found a way of programming a free thinking AI.

If and when they do we will be fooked.

I get what he is saying like that thing where you tackle a player but fail to recover even though he went to ground but surely these things are acceptable flaws. The way he put it though is that everything is scripted which is pretty obvious.

Every game on earth is scripted. I don't the Martians have even found a way of programming a free thinking AI.

If and when they do we will be fooked.

I get what he is saying like that thing where you tackle a player but fail to recover even though he went to ground but surely these things are acceptable flaws. The way he put it though is that everything is scripted which is pretty obvious.
The thing is that not only the AI is scripted, it also extends to your own actions. Often your own players run right into the defenders or deliberately misplace passes although they should've done exactly the opposite. I can't remember this happening in PES 2011 and earlier. The worst part is that this seems to be intended; the philosophy behind the games changed over the years, and certainly not for the better.

What type of connection are you using?wired, wireless? I would advise using wired.

Secondly how good or start learning is the connection itself? Run a speedtest by going to www.speedtest.net check your ping if it's in excess of 200m.s on a server in another country you could have your issue.

thankyou for your reply should have said it was wireless. have tried on 5g and 2.4g channels but no luck on either.i'm aware of the wired connection being better as thats what i use on ps3 but i was never disconnected the amount of times he has been when i was wireless. unfortunately wired isnt really an option as his machine is upstairs.ping results seem ok generally in 30s ms.i've tried to persuade him to play pes for years as well.:(

The thing with the scripting is that it doesn't happen all the time - barely at all in exhibition games or offline two-player, a fair bit in ML games and a ridiculously huge amount in ML competitions, eg knockout stages of the Champions League. To the point where you think "why am I even bothering to do this?"

To some extent it's necessary to cover up the fact that the AI can't compete with a human player at this level of control sophistication, but there's no need to make it this blatant or this extreme. It looks so ludicrous and unnatural when you go from a match where none of the complaints above apply, to one where 99% of them do. Whatever else it is, it's not enjoyable.

And come on, responses of the "you're obviously just not very good at the game" type are pretty lame and not up to Evo Web standards.

Hi lads, really enjoying the game this year and wanted to play some online. Is this the right place to request ganertags for ps4? Feel free to post your tags and we can maybe play a few games over the festive break. Thanks.

Hello,

Just started playing again n PS4, only played once yesterday, and I can't get past the second loading screen.

I get to the point where you press X to continue with stadium in the background, it's says now loading bottom left, then says loading system data with a black background, but doesn't progress from that screen.

Looked over the disc, can't see anything, gave it a clean anyway. Also deleted the game data and installed again, same problem.

Anything I can try or, am I sending the disc back!:BYE:

Thanks

Hello,

Just started playing again n PS4, only played once yesterday, and I can't get past the second loading screen.

I get to the point where you press X to continue with stadium in the background, it's says now loading bottom left, then says loading system data with a black background, but doesn't progress from that screen.

Looked over the disc, can't see anything, gave it a clean anyway. Also deleted the game data and installed again, same problem.

Anything I can try or, am I sending the disc back!:BYE:

Thanks

I'm having the same problem and I think is because of the ps4 been down right now ,I don't know
But the worst thing is that now everytime I turn off my ps4 beeps twice

Question Friends: can I transfer my edited kits and correct team name etc to my friends ps4 via USB or is it locked to my console? What if I sign in as ME on his console and transfer will that work?

Please, Can someone tell me how to balance while dribbling. I mean when You have the ball, and opposite player is chasing you from behind, he always manage to take the ball of me. What to do to takle with him to avoid loosing the ball and continue to run with the ball. Cheers

I'm glad I gave the full version a chance after all.
Got it for £22 off PSN so thought, what the hell.
Enjoying it more than I thought I would. Same wee niggles that everyone is talking about (especially visuals) but at the moment it's a nice change from FIFA.
Bring on the Champions League!!

Anyone mastered the skill moves?

I havent taken time to learn them and just do random combos when playing like twist one stick 180 deg then push diagonally for the way i want to go etc....

really wanna learn them all though so its not so random

So now that we had some time since Nov 12th to play PES 15, what is the final verdict ;)

The best football game I have ever played by far...IMO. Although I do play mainly exhibition games on full manual. I see that it is the most balanced mode to play.

AARRGGHH FUCKING, FUCK, FUCK!! Forgot how bloody frustrating PES was.
How the hell do you stop these pin point throughballs from 40 yards out? I'm trying to play proper football, and having 60 odd percent possession but keep getting crucified online with constant 1 on 1 goals

So now that we had some time since Nov 12th to play PES 15, what is the final verdict ;)

in the past i always felt the need to play a PES 5,PES 6 or WE 9 a few weeks after the new game's been out, just because i felt something was missing.
I haven't had that feeling this year, so that says it all i think.

Back
Top Bottom