PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Thanks man, it works!

Also, is there a way to move the gk when defending a fk?
Because I noticed that the gks tend to defend the side where the wall is positioned and makes it easier for the taker to just shoot in the side theres no wall

Triangle and left stick for direction.

Wow this game has some crazy difficulty spikes. Playing on Superstar in the Champions League mode, as Bayern I was having an awesome time of it - tight, tactical matches that were evenly matched for the most part and a real blast to play. Then I came up against PSG in the semis and within 10 minutes Cavani and Ibra had hit 3 long shots that were pretty much unstoppable while my guys were missing easy clearances and couldn't trap the ball half the time. Things were happening that I simply hadn't seen before.

Dunno if this is what people talk about when they say scripting but this match was terrible to play - as if the CPU predetermined the outcome by boosting all CPU player stats and gimping mine. The last 30 minutes of the match was PSG just passing the ball around, mostly in their own half, and I couldn't get near them. Kinda ruined a great run of matches.

Yes indeed, the variety of matches you get in this game is amazing. (Full manual, superstar, 20 min match etc. with some twists.)

My last 3 matches in French league. First 1-2 win away against the bottom team in the table. I dominated possession, shots and got the win my team deserved. Shots 6-12. Next 1-1 tie at home against a team at the same level in league table. Tough match, shots 8-8.

The third match is away against Lille OSC, above my AS Monaco in the league, but in reality a team of lesser quality. After 65 minutes it's 4-0, and I decide to restart the match cause I think I might have something to learn. In that first trial I had already man-marked their two strikers, had set containment to wide to break their central attacks, and had dropped my defensive line. Granted, my two best midfielders and my best CB were absent, but nonetheless they were using my team as a doormat. They were breaking through the center all day long.

Second trial. I also mark their AMF, drop my defensive line even further, and set numbers in attack to few. After 15 minutes it's 2-0, and it's not getting any better. Restart.

Third trial. I no longer mark their AMF, I increase numbers in attack to medium, and decide to try to keep the ball at all cost. They've certainly got the momentum, so I have to avoid risky passes at all cost: in this match the home team is real good at intercepting. I play extra carefully, pass the ball around the back, look for the hole. I'm doing better in terms of numbers, but the fact is that basically every one of their attacks leads to a shot. The score evolves 0-1, 1-1, 1-2. At this point I change my formation from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 and bring in another CDM. But it doesn't really help. Soon it's 2-2, and they keep pounding. Amazingly 2–2 is the end result: the shots are 27-6 in their favour. For the first time ever my player gets an 8.0 rating, and you can guess which player that was.

So basically I was unable to solve the puzzle: what on earth made this match so challenging, and could I have helped the situation by making different tactical choices? Fortunately I love challenges like this. If this were easy, we wouldn't be interested, right?

Last edited:
Wow this game has some crazy difficulty spikes. Playing on Superstar in the Champions League mode, as Bayern I was having an awesome time of it - tight, tactical matches that were evenly matched for the most part and a real blast to play. Then I came up against PSG in the semis and within 10 minutes Cavani and Ibra had hit 3 long shots that were pretty much unstoppable while my guys were missing easy clearances and couldn't trap the ball half the time. Things were happening that I simply hadn't seen before.

Dunno if this is what people talk about when they say scripting but this match was terrible to play - as if the CPU predetermined the outcome by boosting all CPU player stats and gimping mine. The last 30 minutes of the match was PSG just passing the ball around, mostly in their own half, and I couldn't get near them. Kinda ruined a great run of matches.

I`m pretty certain this is because of form arrows. Matches play out different in exhibition when everyone is on solid greens. There is still too much of a stat boost across the board with yellow and red form arrows.

I`m pretty certain this is because of form arrows. Matches play out different in exhibition when everyone is on solid greens. There is still too much of a stat boost across the board with yellow and red form arrows.

yeh real madrid with bale, ronaldo and rodirguez on reds is a joke, every shot from 35yrds lasers into top corner.

Not even just them but your typical 80ovr cf/amf with 80 shot power/finishing also becomes a machine..

Not played for a couple of weeks, first random agent in MyClub and I get Ibrahimovic. Interesting turn of events, sadly he will take the place of my only other decent black ball player (Higuain).

Wax on, wax off.

I get your point and for the last few years id agree with you as i was a fifa player but pes is different in a sense you really have to work for a scoring position as everything is set up correctly positioning wise so assisted works fine for passing and shooting. Saying that ive just played one game manual shooting with 2 bar passing and it was a blast ..lost 2-1 but scored another goal that i wouldnt of done on basic from 18 yards..cant make my mind up at the moment both have pros and cons..one thing i am certain is the game is amazing..not had this gaming experience since winning eleven 9 days

Glad to hear you're loving it. Luckily there is no need to choose a control scheme and stick to it for life. You can literally switch it around whenever you feel like it. You could play the first half of a match with assisted controls, and if you're not getting anywhere switch to manual for the second half.

:SNACK:

a lot of the cosmetic stuff looks dreadful - i dont get the triangular "signs" next to the goal are they meant to look like add boards..Anyway i wish i could just play every game using the brazils homes ground in daylight, i really like the way it looks and it annoys me that i have to play custom cup in the dark which look rubbish..
hopefully this year konami tweak with patches and then focus on cosmetics and animations next year...im still expecting another patch that addresses fouls by the AI..also what i would like it the old free kick system back - remove that silly guideline or give us the option to and revamp penalty system as it looks and feels naff compared to fifa..to be fair most of these are only personal preferences

I haven't played FIFA's penalties since '13, but I really like PES2015's system. It is very simple and reminds me of the old days (ISS/PES5), where literally any penalty can be missed. Note: I don't use the guide circle (L2?) - can it be turned off altogether?

is it me or am i missing something whenever i do a cup mode, league mode its always at night..is there a way to change this? I notice the settings are greyed out before the match kicks off

So since the patch/DLC/placebo hypnotism, I've received two yellow cards for late off the ball tackles. That definitely never happened pre-patch.

So since the patch/DLC/placebo hypnotism, I've received two yellow cards for late off the ball tackles. That definitely never happened pre-patch.

ive seen that too, that has been addressed. it is the same as almost every foul was a yellow card, it isnt any more ..still lacking in fouls though hopefully that can be a tweak too

it seems also cpu gets away with more fouls than us,

Could be, but on the other hand the CPU has millisecond precision, so it can tackle much more accurately.

Most of my fouls happen when I tackle and the CPU player makes a turn between the time I decide to tackle and the time the tackle takes place. Most of the CPU fouls happen when it tackles my player that is in the middle of making a quick turn.

Last edited:
I am playing MGS V ground zero.. damn, PES should have much better graphic in the future if they work closely with Kojima.

I mean, in my opinion, MGS V Ground Zero looks slickier than BF4 and seems more optimized too..

I am playing MGS V ground zero.. damn, PES should have much better graphic in the future if they work closely with Kojima.

I mean, in my opinion, MGS V Ground Zero looks slickier than BF4 and seems more optimized too..

Couldn't care less about the graphics, as long as they are not atrocious.

Yea, just picked it up myself on the PSN for $6.80.:SMUG: Hard to believe the same company that develops MGS also makes PES. PES is a good game this year but it's also quite shit in some ways.

Last edited:
There is a masquerade of the incompetence to design a proper sport game by creating a smoke screen of faked difficulty (exaggerated or unfairly applied ball behaviour and physics, situation-based interference with player momentum, collision and animation) to handicap and sabotage the player's effort, to falsely give an impression of sophistication.

I believe the "scripting" actually is a key design concept hard-coded in every aspects of this game mechanics. It is in every fiber of the game at any given situation of the game.

1/ The ball physics, collision, trajectory, player momentum does not only follow the rule of real world physics as a simulation. That rule can be changed almost always to obey another ultimate law of the game:

The Ultimate Rule Of Handicapping The Player:

Handicap and disadvantage the players so that he always has to be on his toes to a masochistic level. The game finds pleasure in frustrating the player, be it obnoxious, annoying, incessant pressure from computer AI or the unexplainable illogical behaviour of the ball and your AI team mates as well as the deliberately biased refereeing.

This is the first football game in which the ball has its own AI programmed to play favorite the whole match either in impossibly STUBBORNLY REPEATEDLY bouncing back to an opponent feet regardless of your skill of tackling or persistently magnetized to an invincible god-like opponent feet. The science of physics simulation has been sacrificed for the science of cheating.

The ball physics and behavior is also synchronized with opponent position to dispossess You or to take control away from You. You do not have to make any error in the game. The game will literally "manufacture" stuff-ups after stuff-ups on your behalf to dispossess You.

Your first touch suddenly becomes impossibly bad for no reason at all (even after receive a well-prepared, well-placed and soft pass) which resulted in the ball drifting impossibly away from You or bouncing uncontrollably whenever there was a convenient opponent nearby (all your teammates' clumsy animation has been pre-coded and has a specific purpose of a smoke screen to mask the delay imposed unfairly on your response and control so as the opponent could have time to dispossess You).

There is a universal law of ball behavior in this game: drifting ball, deflected ball, bounced off ball, loosed ball will always be directed to/snapped to/ locked on to opponents running paths.

There is also a pattern of series of repeated stuff-up of your defenders combined with illogical weird stubborn ball behavior which always bounced back, persistently magnetized back to the penalty area in front of your goal, no matter how much effort You put in to clear it because the game tries to "manufacture" chances for CPU (again not by science of faithful simulation but by cheap cheat).

In long passes, the ball running speed will suddenly slow down or speed up in perfect timing to be intercepted by your opponent regardless of your timing, strength of pass and intention, your passing skill does not factor. You find yourself asking the ball a lot of questions about the way it disobeyed You.

This is the game of the perfect invisible grid in which the ball and your opponent are mutually locked into each other at all time, while You were trying to run between them in vain like a headless chicken on an unstoppable unicycle on a pre-determined rail. Sometimes I feel like I play PES-Cirque Du Soleil Edition. Do I have any chance at all?

2/ To further this masochistic and malicious ruse, the player input is severely interfered with to his disadvantage. Player never has real control to his avatars in the game. They are programmed to disobeyed the controls at triggered chosen moments.

There is always delay, dazed, running away from the ball after a tackle. The cursor switched suddenly to another player at the most crucial moment for no apparent reason when it needs to focus on your controlled player the most.

3/ Pre-determined lock-in mechanics event , in which player has no input in anything:

Your player always keep delayed by being obstructed by the body of a falling opponent after your successful timing tackle.

After a successful tackle, instead of continuing running towards the loose ball, your player is dazed, confused, the cursor suddenly taken off him.

There is always a perceivable pre-programmed pre-synchronized distance between your defenders and the opponent strikers with perfect timing so as he can always have plenty of time to evade your tackling as you approached him. In these impossible and desperate moments, the sliding tackle will certainly earn you an instant yellow card.

Your player always run on rail slowly along side the opponent striker, then neatly tucked in behind him like ducklings follow their mother, regardless of your bust-a-gut running direction changing effort and speed.

The game is full of such annoying unjustifiable hard-coded, delaying, locked-in-place micro-events like that, it is so easy to see the scripting and handicapping.

Sometimes playing the game makes me feel like I just watching a series of animation of "manufactured" stuff-ups on my side and God-like response on CPU side played over and over again at numerous predetermined moments.

In fact, the game is nothing but a series of faked animations to create a hallucination that You are in control, but the outcome will never change. It has been pre-decided by being hard-coded into the game.

Last edited:
can anyone please help. my son plays pes2015 on xbox1 and virtually every single game he plays is disconnected resulting in a loss for him even though he is winning most of the time. the second last game he played he was winning 4-1 with 2 minutes to go in myclub league game and was disconnected and given a loss. the game is now back in the box as he reckons its unplayable. ive changed port settings on the router but his first and only game after i done this resulted in a disconnection
and loss while he was winning 1-0. any ideas or help would be grateful.

What type of connection are you using?wired, wireless? I would advise using wired.

Secondly how good or start learning is the connection itself? Run a speedtest by going to www.speedtest.net check your ping if it's in excess of 200m.s on a server in another country you could have your issue.

My point is you are nothing but a pretentious stupid unpaid KONAMI subservient servant.
Oh please!! Don't bring up this argument you are having on the other fourms. The discussion took an ugly turn there! What you are saying about momentum might be true to some extent but I guess we should try to enjoy the game as it is. There is nothing can be done at the moment I believe.

Last edited:
Oh please!! Don't bring up this argument you are having on the other fourms. The discussion took an ugly turn there! What you are saying about momentum might be true to some extent but I guess we should try to enjoy the game as it is. There is nothing can be done at the moment I believe.

uninstall, and play PES6 on PC :D

Back
Top Bottom