PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

ahah don´t think so. I´m not really that great player, but always felt that CPU gives away cheap goals with bad positioning and lack of agressivness. With superstar at least I see CPU looking for goals and also defending better. If eventually things get easy, there´s always manual passing. I´ve been using 1 bar and it fits me like a glove so far.

ahah don´t think so. I´m not really that great player, but always felt that CPU gives away cheap goals with bad positioning and lack of agressivness. With superstar at least I see CPU looking for goals and also defending better. If eventually things get easy, there´s always manual passing. I´ve been using 1 bar and it fits me like a glove so far.

same 1 bar also...I dont think ill get that much better or even if i do i still think top teams will always challenge me on SS.

I played pes1 to pes 6 on ps2 days on 3 star every year and never ever had ability to get to 4 star lol. So thats a good sign.

This game isn't great on superstar. Too scripted. Not it back down to pro and its a different game altogether

What is this "scripting" you speak of? I think the game is great on Superstar. Never had any issues with "scripting." Sometimes I win. Sometimes the CPU wins. Sometimes we draw. All matches and results seem like typical real word football contests and outcomes.

Iv been playing on superstar for quite a while and haven't felt iv been cheated by a goal, instead its all come down to my players being out of position while trying to pressure, one of my players getting tired , a bad pass, or sometimes u have to give credit to the AI for individuality shining thru and scoring, and PES is so tactical this year u need to man mark key players that do damage and iv come across quite a few that stand out so far and that's in the English championship, and if u notice u keep getting caught out from long balls over your defense, drop your defensive line deeper and reduce your compactness, as well as putting containment to wide that will force the AI to play around you, man mark the side players and u have a good battle. All these tactics in previous PES were useless cause the games definitely were hard scripted but not this year.

Iv been playing on superstar for quite a while and haven't felt iv been cheated by a goal, instead its all come down to my players being out of position while trying to pressure, one of my players getting tired , a bad pass, or sometimes u have to give credit to the AI for individuality shining thru and scoring, and PES is so tactical this year u need to man mark key players that do damage and iv come across quite a few that stand out so far and that's in the English championship, and if u notice u keep getting caught out from long balls over your defense, drop your defensive line deeper and reduce your compactness, as well as putting containment to wide that will force the AI to play around you, man mark the side players and u have a good battle. All these tactics in previous PES were useless cause the games definitely were hard scripted but not this year.

Same. I think this PES has the least scripting of any PES in recent years.

Good evening mates!

Ahhhh! what a fresh of breath air is this PES2015. The beautiful game is back!

Now, if only the Goal Nets resembled that of Football Kingdom or even FIFA and I would get more enjoyment out of scoring goals to make this experience more beautiful.

Does anyone know if it's possible for a patch to be created to mod the goal nets for the xboxone version of this baby?

anyone help me with this please..my favourite stadium is Brazils home ground in daylight (cant remember the name)..is there any way i can use this in a custom cup/league for all the games? night games look poor compared to this

I have kept playing on my xbox one and now believe PES 15 is the best football game ever. All Konami need to do is sort the lack of Ai fouls out and its almost perfect. You know a game is good when you keep going back to it.

yeah reminds me of ps one/two days..hopefully konami will continue to tweak with patches then improve visuals and add extra animations/presentation to get it up to next gen levels for 2016

On another note ive now switched to 3 bar passing as this is the more simulation based for me and now cant decide between basic and manual shooting..basic definitely uses stats more and is actually harder to score than what manual is

yeah reminds me of ps one/two days..hopefully konami will continue to tweak with patches then improve visuals and add extra animations/presentation to get it up to next gen levels for 2016

On another note ive now switched to 3 bar passing as this is the more simulation based for me and now cant decide between basic and manual shooting..basic definitely uses stats more and is actually harder to score than what manual is

Harder to score with basic shooting than manual?

What is this "scripting" you speak of? I think the game is great on Superstar. Never had any issues with "scripting." Sometimes I win. Sometimes the CPU wins. Sometimes we draw. All matches and results seem like typical real word football contests and outcomes.

Never understood the scripting argument, whether it was in FIFA or PES. I play on Superstar and I don't see anything amiss. When the CPU scores, I can always point to exactly why it happened, and it's almost always because I made a clear, and typically stupid, mistake.

If anything, I'd like Superstar to be slightly more challenging, or at least more consistently difficult. I lose plenty, but I rarely feel as if I've been dominated by the AI.

Iv been playing on superstar for quite a while and haven't felt iv been cheated by a goal, instead its all come down to my players being out of position while trying to pressure, one of my players getting tired , a bad pass, or sometimes u have to give credit to the AI for individuality shining thru and scoring, and PES is so tactical this year u need to man mark key players that do damage
I would like to discuss this a bit further. I do not think there is scripting in PES 2015, but I do feel that there are two types of cheesy goals made by the AI. Since you guys don't find issues with any CPU goals, maybe you can help me here.

The first type of CPU goal that smells bad to me is a quick through ball from a distance. When the CPU player receives the pass inside the box, it's already too late to do anything. I don't think it's possible to always close down the player with the ball to stop such passes coming in. I have tried to adjust my tactics to reduce the number of such through balls. If the opponent has a single striker, I mark him with my CDM (my current formation is 4-1-4-1). I have changed "numbers in defence" to "many." I have dropped my defensive line, and made my defensive formation more compact - the latter should decrease the amount of free space inside the box, right? But still these through balls are the most common form of goal scored by the CPU.

I know some players approach this issue by taking control of a defender, and using "teammate pressure" to close down the players having possession. I absolutely hate automated defending, so I avoid this approach. I think you should be able to be the man in the front, and the AI would do a decent job in the back trenches (it does a better job in Fifa 15). Currently in PES, however, the lateral gaps between the defenders are fixed, even when runs happen. That is the underlying reason for the large number of through balls seen. It is also too easy to utilize this on the attack, even against superstar level.

So any ideas on how to approach my problem no 1?

The second type of CPU goal where I don't usually think I deserved it comes from a winger bulldozing in from near the corner flag. I can see it coming from far away. He starts to dribble into the box, and I feel that the only thing I can do to stop him is to foul. This is the only occasion where I have started to use "teammate pressure" - like I told above, I hate automated defending, and don't even press "pressure" for extended periods of time - but even having a teammate to assist is often not enough to tame the tank coming in. I mean, they must have a specialized algorithm for a winger making his way into the box. Then, usually he passes to a CF who has ample space in the middle of the box. The fact that the winger can dribble his way in may have something to do with the fact that since he is moving laterally, either he or my defender is blocking the view from the camera. It may therefore be difficult to see, for example, the best time to tackle.

Any good ideas on how to stop the winger tank?

why 3 bar?

u prefer it to 1?

why?

Harder to score with basic shooting than manual?

Yes as when you figure manual out and I've been playing it for years on FIFA its basically point and shoot and a lot of the stats are ignored its all about setting yourself then power up ..basic appear take more factors into account

I don´t know why but on manual I was scoring lots of goals outside the box but it doesn´t seem to happen so often on basic.

I don´t know why but on manual I was scoring lots of goals outside the box but it doesn´t seem to happen so often on basic.

this is why i switched, i was scoring too regularly from 25+ yards with average players, i think the combination of over powered shots and the reduced error in stats combined with the accuracy if you good at manual controls just led to more goals but too far fetched..where as with basic i need to think and be selective with who i shoot with

Last edited:
Just had another experience of the CPU through ball phenomenon.

I man mark the two strikers of the CPU with two CBs. On 17th minute: a quick pass from midfield to a striker. After he receives the ball, I have no time to react: turn, shoot, goal. He was so awfully marked that there was nothing to be done.

Nevertheless, it turned out to be an excellent match: result 1-1 with shots 8-8. But I am still wondering how I could have stopped the CPU from scoring.

Just had another experience of the CPU through ball phenomenon.

I man mark the two strikers of the CPU with two CBs. On 17th minute: a quick pass from midfield to a striker. After he receives the ball, I have no time to react: turn, shoot, goal. He was so awfully marked that there was nothing to be done.

Nevertheless, it turned out to be an excellent match: result 1-1 with shots 8-8. But I am still wondering how I could have stopped the CPU from scoring.

Not sure it'll help but try a more zoomed out camera if you haven't tried that already. It should give you more time to react against those sudden passes from the midfield. Just an idea.

are player ratings in this game a joke or what?

u score 2,3 goals and u still only get like 7.0 or 7.5...is 8.0 the max rating not 10?

Yeah 4.0 is the lowest and 8.0 is max

This. :)

20141219_224537.jpg

I would like to discuss this a bit further. I do not think there is scripting in PES 2015, but I do feel that there are two types of cheesy goals made by the AI. Since you guys don't find issues with any CPU goals, maybe you can help me here.

The first type of CPU goal that smells bad to me is a quick through ball from a distance. When the CPU player receives the pass inside the box, it's already too late to do anything. I don't think it's possible to always close down the player with the ball to stop such passes coming in. I have tried to adjust my tactics to reduce the number of such through balls. If the opponent has a single striker, I mark him with my CDM (my current formation is 4-1-4-1). I have changed "numbers in defence" to "many." I have dropped my defensive line, and made my defensive formation more compact - the latter should decrease the amount of free space inside the box, right? But still these through balls are the most common form of goal scored by the CPU.

I know some players approach this issue by taking control of a defender, and using "teammate pressure" to close down the players having possession. I absolutely hate automated defending, so I avoid this approach. I think you should be able to be the man in the front, and the AI would do a decent job in the back trenches (it does a better job in Fifa 15). Currently in PES, however, the lateral gaps between the defenders are fixed, even when runs happen. That is the underlying reason for the large number of through balls seen. It is also too easy to utilize this on the attack, even against superstar level.

So any ideas on how to approach my problem no 1?

The second type of CPU goal where I don't usually think I deserved it comes from a winger bulldozing in from near the corner flag. I can see it coming from far away. He starts to dribble into the box, and I feel that the only thing I can do to stop him is to foul. This is the only occasion where I have started to use "teammate pressure" - like I told above, I hate automated defending, and don't even press "pressure" for extended periods of time - but even having a teammate to assist is often not enough to tame the tank coming in. I mean, they must have a specialized algorithm for a winger making his way into the box. Then, usually he passes to a CF who has ample space in the middle of the box. The fact that the winger can dribble his way in may have something to do with the fact that since he is moving laterally, either he or my defender is blocking the view from the camera. It may therefore be difficult to see, for example, the best time to tackle.

Any good ideas on how to stop the winger tank?

for your first problem, theres several things you can try, one is man marking the player thats a threat from the through balls and also set containment to wide, which will force AI to pass more wider as well combining the the tactics u said above, timing your tackles as well as timing when to pressure. For your second problem, man mark your wide players as well as set containment down middle, what iv done is bought players from the transfer market with the trait man marking, as well as high stamina and ball winning for situations your experiencing above. good luck mate hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom