PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

iv also noticed how to take advantage of teams that are fielding weak players, which never occurred to me till recently, this could be something alot of you are already doing, but iv noticed that when i press the marking option in the game plan menu, iv noticed that u can see the oppositions form arrows and what iv been doing and so far has been very consistent and effective is attacking parts of the pitch where the player is on a down arrow, cos iv noticed they dont handle pressure well which allows us to get the ball of them bit more easier, they dont control the ball as easy and they spray there passes more than often which allow us users to get around those players and create oppurtunities towards goal, if anyone decides to try this or has already id like to know if its consistent or not, but so far after quite a few games it seems to be.

This. :)

20141219_224537.jpg

iv never seen a 9 before ever, never thought it go higher than an 8

Not sure it'll help but try a more zoomed out camera if you haven't tried that already. It should give you more time to react against those sudden passes from the midfield. Just an idea.

I think I'm pretty zoomed out already. But you're probably pointing at the correct solution: if I refuse to control the back four, and insist on playing the man upfront, I have to keep one eye on the player with possession and the other eye on the runs. And not get cross eyed. :BLINK: I'll let you know how it works out.

for your first problem, theres several things you can try, one is man marking the player thats a threat from the through balls and also set containment to wide, which will force AI to pass more wider as well combining the the tactics u said above, timing your tackles as well as timing when to pressure. For your second problem, man mark your wide players as well as set containment down middle, what iv done is bought players from the transfer market with the trait man marking, as well as high stamina and ball winning for situations your experiencing above. good luck mate hope it helps.

I've already tried containment wide for the first problem, but not containment middle for the second. Good tip.

Not buying players atm, since I prefer playing existing leagues. I can play leagues all year, great fun.

How many players do you usually mark in a match?

Are all these positive comments relating to the PS4 version? I have the PS3 version and like it a lot but will be having a PS4 for Christmas. Wondering if it is worth getting the PS4 version of PES or is the difference only graphical?

Anyone that has experience of both formats - feel free to give me your thoughts. Cheers

Just bumping this question since I have yet to receive a reply. Has anyone played both PS3 and PS4 versions?

I've already tried containment wide for the first problem, but not containment middle for the second. Good tip.

Not buying players atm, since I prefer playing existing leagues. I can play leagues all year, great fun.

How many players do you usually mark in a match?

I usually man mark the attacking players on red arrow, if u have issues with wide players dribbling in the box man mark them, had helped me a lot

It is strange. It's almost like the ratings haven't worked properly in a decade.

well im gonna assume 8 is top 6.0 is average

any player getting above 6.0 is doing well..6.5 is a good game 7.0 a very good game and 7.5 a great game.

5.0 is a poor game
5.5 is ok

why can't konami just add new players during live updates and not have to wait for the roster update.
also has anyone noticed that the licensed leagues have the sleeve badges added now which is a nice little addition.

just hope file sharing for PS4 becomes available next year so we can start giving the teams their proper kits

this is why i switched, i was scoring too regularly from 25+ yards with average players, i think the combination of over powered shots and the reduced error in stats combined with the accuracy if you good at manual controls just led to more goals but too far fetched..where as with basic i need to think and be selective with who i shoot with

I understand the argument, but if you keep going down that road you end up simulating the entire match based solely upon stats - never touching the controller. The point of a game is for the game player to have a large effect on the outcome of the game.

I understand the argument, but if you keep going down that road you end up simulating the entire match based solely upon stats - never touching the controller. The point of a game is for the game player to have a large effect on the outcome of the game.

I get your point and for the last few years id agree with you as i was a fifa player but pes is different in a sense you really have to work for a scoring position as everything is set up correctly positioning wise so assisted works fine for passing and shooting. Saying that ive just played one game manual shooting with 2 bar passing and it was a blast ..lost 2-1 but scored another goal that i wouldnt of done on basic from 18 yards..cant make my mind up at the moment both have pros and cons..one thing i am certain is the game is amazing..not had this gaming experience since winning eleven 9 days

The game looks lovely in CL mode. Amazed Konami still have this mode as you'd think UEFA would want their biggest club comp in the game that sells the most

That's a slippery slope argument. In the example hitmanuk is giving, he still had to play the game to manufacture that opportunity, he still had to decide when was the right time to shoot and he had to decide whether to go near or far post. There's a vast gap between a stat-based, assisted/semi-assisted football game, and one where you play little to no part in what happens on the pitch.

i'm not surprised he got a nine, millwall are playing no goalkeeper, 2 full backs, 3 wingers and 4 strikers (and whoever the fuck rokub is)

GKs are on top hidden. Green's a sub, that's why he's below. He came in and changed the game entirely. Build-up play, putting plenty of pressure on AI defenders and scoring 3 goals!

He's on red arrow btw and this was on professional ML. Obviously I was as surprised as everyone so I took that photo. :)

I did had another game where W. Thomas (this guy plays way better than his stat suggest) got a 9. Also had another game where he took 8.5. All on professional.

I thought double tap was near post and triple tap was along the ground? Is it maybe the time you hold down on the last tap which is causing the double to just roll along the ground?

I was playing (offline, multiplayer) the other night PSG v Chelsea and the scoreboard was updating incorrectly. PSG (who my mate was playing as) took the lead with Ibrahimovic, but the scoreboard in the top left said PSG 0 - 1 Chelsea, and then near the end of the match I made it 1-1 (Cahill) and it updated the scoreboard to PSG 1 - 1 Chelsea. Pretty bizzare.

Is there a way of making a friendly (e.g. a "Champions League Friendly") go into extra time or penalties, I can only get it to end as a draw.

I thought double tap was near post and triple tap was along the ground? Is it maybe the time you hold down on the last tap which is causing the double to just roll along the ground?

I was playing (offline, multiplayer) the other night PSG v Chelsea and the scoreboard was updating incorrectly. PSG (who my mate was playing as) took the lead with Ibrahimovic, but the scoreboard in the top left said PSG 0 - 1 Chelsea, and then near the end of the match I made it 1-1 (Cahill) and it updated the scoreboard to PSG 1 - 1 Chelsea. Pretty bizzare.

Is there a way of making a friendly (e.g. a "Champions League Friendly") go into extra time or penalties, I can only get it to end as a draw.

you get the choice at full time.

Is it just me or do the pretend electronic ad boards look horrendous?

Ligue 1 etc look awful.

a lot of the cosmetic stuff looks dreadful - i dont get the triangular "signs" next to the goal are they meant to look like add boards..Anyway i wish i could just play every game using the brazils homes ground in daylight, i really like the way it looks and it annoys me that i have to play custom cup in the dark which look rubbish..
hopefully this year konami tweak with patches and then focus on cosmetics and animations next year...im still expecting another patch that addresses fouls by the AI..also what i would like it the old free kick system back - remove that silly guideline or give us the option to and revamp penalty system as it looks and feels naff compared to fifa..to be fair most of these are only personal preferences

So after reading some of the posts on here, I spend more time on marking & defensive containment,line etc.

I go on to win the championship and then The cup with Paraguay. The CPU no longer able to spam centre or wing through balls. I'd have to say its essential on top player or superstar to adjust these tactics!

Also if the pressing option is not set so aggressively I don't see any problem at all with stamina depletion, if you manage the manual press properly

Its a fantastic game now these problems are gone from my game.

Cheers lads :)

Last edited:
Anyone else sick of seeing a super team on MyClub? I'v signed loads of players and all I have to show is Higuain + Ramos. I got 3 black balls yesterday and the highest rating I got was 81.

do any of u know whats the button to register the free kick/penalty kick aim position so u can fool your opponent when playing a friend offline?

like u aim in the top corner, register, than change the aim but the player is actually aiming to the positioning u aimed before...

I remember theres a button for doing that

Thanks

do any of u know whats the button to register the free kick/penalty kick aim position so u can fool your opponent when playing a friend offline?

like u aim in the top corner, register, than change the aim but the player is actually aiming to the positioning u aimed before...

I remember theres a button for doing that

Thanks
It was R1 in PES 2014 I think, but I didn't test it yet in PES 2015.

Back
Top Bottom