PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Any new year's hints for two problems I am having?

1. When receiving a regular, ground pass, you can "first-touch knock on" by double pressing R1 before receiving the ball. This will send your player running with the ball as soon as he receives the pass. How do you do the same thing when you receive an aerial, lobbed pass? Double R1 does not seem to work. I have also tried to first-time pass to move quickly, but that results in a cursor change, which is quite confusing.
  2. I seem to be losing approx. 80-90% of aerial battles against superstar CPU. Any tips? I read somewhere that in PES 2014 - which I did not play - you could shoulder barge with the right stick for a better heading position, but there is no shoulder barge in 2015 anymore.

Last edited:
Any new year's hints for two problems I am having?

1. When receiving a regular, ground pass, you can "first-touch knock on" by double pressing R1 before receiving the ball. This will send your player running with the ball as soon as he receives the pass. How do you do the same thing when you receive an aerial, lobbed pass? Double R1 does not seem to work. I have also tried to first-time pass to move quickly, but that results in a cursor change, which is quite confusing.
  2. I seem to be losing approx. 80-90% of aerial battles against superstar CPU. Any tips? I read somewhere that in PES 2014 - which I did not play - you could shoulder barge with R3 for a better heading position, but there is no shoulder barge in 2015 anymore.

i think R3 and left or right stick as your player receives an aerial pass and he will flick it that way. I think its a skill move but not sure i know you get GP points for doing it and beating an opponent

i think R3 and left or right stick as your player receives an aerial pass and he will flick it that way. I think its a skill move but not sure i know you get GP points for doing it and beating an opponent

I think I tried that Bergkamp flick in a practice session, but it did not work, so maybe none of my players has the right skill card (no 4, sombrero).

Played online for the first time and, despite a lot of people trying chipped through-balls, I quite enjoyed it.

Then I came across someone who CONSTANTLY hit inch-perfect long balls and through-balls to Ibrahimovic, who was untouchable. Very frustrating.

Played online for the first time and, despite a lot of people trying chipped through-balls, I quite enjoyed it.

Then I came across someone who CONSTANTLY hit inch-perfect long balls and through-balls to Ibrahimovic, who was untouchable. Very frustrating.

Its very frustrating, can anyone with an idea of coding explain why chipped balls in both games are so over powered, yes they can be defended but what is it about that specific technique that causes so much chaos.

Yeah any long throughball high or low for that matter. The moment the ball is lost in midfield or defense it's followed by a long quick throughball. IRL it wouldn't work because the player with the ball doesnt have that vision to pick up the free man in a split second or even before the ball is taken and quite frankly few have the ability to place it on a 6 pence time and time again. Also defenders are a lot faster and able to read the game for those type of passes. It can easily be fixed imo

Last edited:
Also it doesn't help that the player switching is a bit slow and by the time you get switched, turn and chase the attacker it's too late.
That's another reason why these long through balls are so effective when your defenders are off screen and you can't see who to switch to in time

Don't know about online play, but against superstar I find three types of goals that are difficult to defend against.

The first one is the through ball you are talking about. Some have solved the problem by using teammate control up front and blocking passing lanes behind. Haven't gone there yet, still fighting in the first wave.

Second one is a shot from outside the box. Difficult to defend against, because in PES the attacker doesn't need a lot of space to make the shot. Before watching the BPL this week I thought these shots were overpowered, but gotta admit that first class strikers really do score such goals Well, maybe it's still a bit overpowered.

The third one is the bulldozing winger. That's some dribbling they've built into this algorithm. Sometimes I feel that they're going to score regardless of what I do. After cutting through a legion of my defenders, the winger either scores himself or gives the CF the honour by passing the ball to him in the middle.

Well, after I had played PES for a couple of weeks I thought they were always going to penalise me with those through balls. Now it's three different methods. Progress?

Last edited:
Don't know about online play, but against superstar I find three types of goals that are difficult to defend against.

The first one is the through ball you are talking about. Some have solved the problem by using teammate control up front and blocking passing lanes behind. Haven't gone there yet, still fighting in the first wave.

Second one is a shot from outside the box. Difficult to defend against, because in PES the attacker doesn't need a lot of space to make the shot. Before watching the BPL this week I thought these shots were overpowered, but gotta admit that first class strikers really do score such goals Well, maybe it's still a bit overpowered.

The third one is the bulldozing winger. That's some dribbling they've built into this algorithm. Sometimes I feel that they're going to score regardless of what I do. After cutting through a legion of my defenders, the winger either scores himself or gives the CF the honour by passing the ball to him in the middle.

Well, after I had played PES for a couple of weeks I thought they were always going to penalise me with those through balls. Now it's three different methods. Progress?

i agree mate, but in the end, they have to somehow create a way of getting the AI to have a shot on goal, or else us users will eventually get real good at defending and in the end the AI will have no shots on goal and then we will hear people complaining that the AI isnt scoring or creating, those scenarios you mentioned can be frustrating, but u can minimise those attempts by AI by getting better at using several defensive methods, for example you can man mark, jockey while getting the AI teammate to pressure, modifying the team tactics to rectify where your getting exposed, on top of that you have to see the individual stats to see if that player can carry out your instructions on the pitch, and on top of all that, you have the form arrows, where there is a strong script, but what i do is when i see a player always destroying me, double man mark to take him out of the game, this years game you really need to focus while playing especially on superstar. good luck.

i agree mate, but in the end, they have to somehow create a way of getting the AI to have a shot on goal, or else us users will eventually get real good at defending and in the end the AI will have no shots on goal and then we will hear people complaining that the AI isnt scoring or creating, those scenarios you mentioned can be frustrating, but u can minimise those attempts by AI by getting better at using several defensive methods, for example you can man mark, jockey while getting the AI teammate to pressure, modifying the team tactics to rectify where your getting exposed, on top of that you have to see the individual stats to see if that player can carry out your instructions on the pitch, and on top of all that, you have the form arrows, where there is a strong script, but what i do is when i see a player always destroying me, double man mark to take him out of the game, this years game you really need to focus while playing especially on superstar. good luck.

Agreed. If this were easy, we wouldn't be interested. I wasn't trying to complain, but I guess it sounded like that.

To me PES 2015 is a good combination of tactics, stats and your own actions. I have played a lot with tactics, including man marking. Haven't double man-marked a player yet, so will have to try that. I usually man-mark with my CDMs, leaving CBs as free agents.

Jockeying can be very effective at the right time, both in blocking a path, and also stealing the ball: if an attacker challenges a jockeying defender, the attacker is likely to lose. The only thing I have refused to use is teammate pressure: I feel I should be the man up front. (Actually, until yesterday - from the release of the game - tried to play without pressing "pressure" for extended periods, because I also think you should be in control of the defenders actions; had to give up on that, because it's impossible to put pressure on an attacker manually. Predictive blocking is still there, but it is quite limited. There should be a stronger method, something like shoulder barge. I think going the Fifa way in terms of automated defending is a mistake. Well, at least PES has not introduced "contain.")

Have fun!

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing a trick on my club mode. I keep bumping into other teams that are packed with all star names, yet the best I seem to be able to randomly draw are mid 70 rated players.

Is there a way to get better rated agents than 3 stars? I'll combine 3 3 star agents and still only get 15-20% chance of an 80+ rated player.

Are they just lucky, paying real money for lots of agents or am I actually missing a way to get better agents?

Ps. I'm aware of the 1000 point agents.

I feel like I'm missing a trick on my club mode. I keep bumping into other teams that are packed with all star names, yet the best I seem to be able to randomly draw are mid 70 rated players.

Is there a way to get better rated agents than 3 stars? I'll combine 3 3 star agents and still only get 15-20% chance of an 80+ rated player.

Are they just lucky, paying real money for lots of agents or am I actually missing a way to get better agents?

Ps. I'm aware of the 1000 point agents.

I was like this, and I bought a few agents with money which got me nothing atall. I got a gift card (£25) at Christmas as put it all on PES since I had no other use for it and I ended up with loads of good players. My friend was also the exact same so its really really strange.

is it a bad idea to double pressure often....agianst cpu im always bashing square.

But i noticed online i was conceding loadsa goals..then i thought i think im leaving big gaps by double teaming all the time, so i tried one game to not use square unless he is near final 3rd or my box..and i seemed to do better.

is it a bad idea to double pressure often....agianst cpu im always bashing square.

But i noticed online i was conceding loadsa goals..then i thought i think im leaving big gaps by double teaming all the time, so i tried one game to not use square unless he is near final 3rd or my box..and i seemed to do better.

double pressure near your goal is the worst thing you can do, AI always gets around the player thats about to pressure and catches u out with the space created at the back and most of the time a goal is scored.

It's just easier to track the player and when close press X. I never use the sprint button.

I'm finding this game really easy even on superstar.

double pressure near your goal is the worst thing you can do, AI always gets around the player thats about to pressure and catches u out with the space created at the back and most of the time a goal is scored.

It's just easier to track the player and when close press X. I never use the sprint button.

yeh it is easy to easy!

I meant online..ive been conceding loadsa goals and i think its cause im always holding down square.

Thats a bad idea?

how often and when do u guys double team?

I thought you said that regular or professional is challenging enough for you on zero pass assistance. Looks like you made quite a progress. I have not reached the point where I can play superstar on full manual, still finding it challenging enough on professional :(

I thought you said that regular or professional is challenging enough for you on zero pass assistance. Looks like you made quite a progress. I have not reached the point where I can play superstar on full manual, still finding it challenging enough on professional :(

Haha yes. But I've since abandoned manual and for the first time ever thought I'd try full auto and it reminded me of the old PES, so I stuck with it and went superstar with Klashmann's tactics. Great games since. Don't feel like going back to manual now since this is fun enough for me whenever I do play.

I've noticed when you add rivals to teams, games become even more difficult. CPU GKs become super and defenders blocking shots off the goal line. Very hectic. I've tried it twice and it was the same both times, just to make sure it wasn't coincidence. These two games I've played as Arsenal v West Ham.

Haha yes. But I've since abandoned manual and for the first time ever thought I'd try full auto and it reminded me of the old PES, so I stuck with it and went superstar with Klashmann's tactics. Great games since. Don't feel like going back to manual now since this is fun enough for me whenever I do play.

I've noticed when you add rivals to teams, games become even more difficult. CPU GKs become super and defenders blocking shots off the goal line. Very hectic. I've tried it twice and it was the same both times, just to make sure it wasn't coincidence. These two games I've played as Arsenal v West Ham.

full auto 4 bar? why not 2 bar?

So now that we had some time since Nov 12th to play PES 15, what is the final verdict ;)

10/6.9

im optimistic because everything is heading in a good direction but despite the good gameplay it has such big flaws, like the overpowered shooting, lack of stadias, removed features, unreasonable choices regarding game modes and graphics as always. the game will complete for 2018, maybe 2017 imo as always (well as much as PES can)

just to compare in the last gen era for me any game couldnt be better then 10/6. maybe that was 2009 or 2010

but games before PES6,5,4, ISS serie were easily above 8

vinal verdict: if you dont want to play FIFA and you dont want to play one more year with PES6 or you cant, you can get this but i highly recommend it not to play full price, go for a drop at least because its not a full game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom