PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Playing vs CPU
As said before, the progression in the difficulty levels leaves much to desire. In anything below Top Player, the CPU is useless at scoring goals which translates into easy, but realistic, games. Once the setting is increased to Top Player or specially Superstar, craziness ensues. When I got the game I started playing the Champions with Barcelona on Superstar. The last game of the round group was against Ajax, and all that I needed was a tie to get into the next round. Mind you, it seemed I was playing against Johan Cruyff's Ajax. Unstoppable fast strikers who constantly made unbelievable dribbling and scoring. Iniesta and Xavi missing easy passes, and Messi and co. missing incredible scoring opportunities. Ended up losing 4-1. So I tried once more, and found myself in the same position. Except this time, I saved the game. It took me 5 tries to beat them as well as several outburst of anger and joy.

So yes, I would say scripting is noticeable on several aspects. Bulldozer wingers are an almost secure goal opportunity. Good luck even trying to tackle them. The card management system is ridiculous awarding yellow cards for everything (maybe a way to stop people from constantly using sliding tackles to stop the CPU on its tracks?). And probably the most frustrating part of all, ball recovery. You can try playing a good defense and surprise the computer with well timed interceptions or tackles only to then see your player collapse or collide against the CPU player and then be unable to grab the ball. This is specially pronounced in the box, where loose balls always find their way to CPU player and then to the back of the net. I alternate between playing online and vs the CPU, so its easy to see how these things don't happen as often when you play vs someone else.

That being said, I understand that these things are done to keep the challenge up. Its like in strategy games when the computer can produce more than you with the same set of resources. On the one hand, it feel like cheating by the CPU but on the other I cannot think of other ways in which the ability of the CPU can be increased without, for example, stat boosting random Ajax strikers.
Top player certainly seems more realistic than superstar (superstar is a different beast altogether in champions league mode) as the CPU makes a few more mistakes - the only issue i had was it was easy to run through the defence on an angle and then score in near post (all manual) - it might of been a weaker team but the goals that i am seeing are soft for a champions league team

Quick: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET A PRIVATE ONLINE COMPETITION ?

I want to play a private intertional cup (world cup) with my cousin online, but I have no idea how to do it

No doubt this is best PES in a while but the game has become like Fifa - totally soulless. The Master League is one big bore. Theres nothing to do and its completely boring.

What is it about people online

Pressure, pressure, throughball. 0 desire to build up or try different avenues of attack. Knew I was up for it when the guy I just played kicked off and ran straight through the middle atleast that's what he tried everytime he had a kick off.

Lol I know silly to complain about online guys but seriously....

I'm going to add you, I don't have PS+ at the moment, but going to get it soon, and then you and I will have some manual matches. :D:D

No doubt this is best PES in a while but the game has become like Fifa - totally soulless. The Master League is one big bore. Theres nothing to do and its completely boring.

If you have played Fifa then you shouldn´t say that. Actually Fifa has gone the other way around and the game might be lots of things, but bore is not one of them for sure. It has a quite complete package and its quite fun overall. I wish PES had half the things Fifa offers like presentation, match environment etc...
That´s what is killing PES, because gameplay wise PES is very good.

While i would like some things FIFA has, for me the ML is not a big bore...the gameplay is very good.

I still enjoy the game as much as on day 1.

:shiver:

well the master league is the exact same since 1998 along with many other modes, menus, options. i am really feeling that they think im stupid and gameplay is enough for me to proudly sit in my chair and say "yeahhh gameplay (again)". they needed only 7 yrs to find the START of that very track again, because dont get me wrong but witch such flaws this is only a good beta for me

as for the last 7 yrs only Messi, Ronaldo, Champions L, Europa L and Copa, AFC saved their asses. money saved, not the further advanced creative ideas wich was PES about, that part stayed on the same level, hell EVEN some stuff wich i mean by this are still getting removed.

i mean, you can call me greedy but i still feel like

tumblr_static_e1bb1rakpp4cggo0wo4wk04og.gif

Last edited:
While i would like some things FIFA has, for me the ML is not a big bore...the gameplay is very good.

I still enjoy the game as much as on day 1.

20 games in and i have had no interaction with anyone associated with my club. Not a player, owner, board etc - with the exception of my scout suggesting i buy players that are not good enough for me team - nothing!

20 games in and i have had no interaction with anyone associated with my club. Not a player, owner, board etc - with the exception of my scout suggesting i buy players that are not good enough for me team - nothing!

but maybe thats better its a gameplay game..u want management and player interaction buy footy manager lol.

Maybe its best to keep it simpler i dunno 50/50

Gameplay is what this game is all about, but even that has problems so I would say Konami failed to provide us with a complete product. It´s like a chef that says "Ok tonight there´s no dessert, no drinks and no coffee. Just the main dish" but then he serves a very good looking dish with no salt.

While other games are growing in the overall world market because companies actually try to bring more and more stuff, Konami is kinda lost here and still looking for the holly grail. Then they fail in things that to me, look like they could have done better with almost no effort at all.
If they are going to use unlicensed teams, then why can´t they put even more leagues and 2nd divisions for all of them?
Lack of stadiums variations is somehow stupid as well.

Also, Konami has bet a lot in the costumer´s work, such as patching comunities etc. But this year they were kind off stabbed in the back from current gen consoles, as they won´t allow file sharing, wich makes the editing painfull and even unneffective for some of us.

Soo, what do we have left? Ah yes, the gameplay! Awesome work indeed, with the help of all the good things and also the bad ones from previous editions, they are finally capable of delivering a solid gameplay. Passing is good, shooting is good (personally I think it has some flaws, it feels repetitive and most times overpowered), and the best, CPU behaviour is a gem, something reaally new in soccer games. It might even become a standard from now on, something were other companies might rely on for future editions of soccer games. But not all is perfect here too, and the CPU mentality seems overpowered. They keep possession even when they shouldn´t. Each team plays diferently, but they won´t change mentality according to the result.
Fouls, yes they exist, but no one here can say they are called in a balanced or realistic way. The pace of the match, for me is the best part of it. I wouldn´t like to say "perfect" but in this case, it might be true.

There´s also something unbalanced about dificulty levels. Top Player might be to easy at some point with a good team, but superstar, while not much harder, is very frustrating because of scripted decisions that sometimes make it impossible to react against. In fact, I don´t feel superstar to be hard, instead I see as an unfair challenge, as CPU always gets a chance out of nowhere, to make a draw or even a win. But lets be honest, this talk about dificulty levels depends alot in each one´s preference and notion of challenge, so it cant´t really be considered a flaw.

Anyway, the big deal: best looking and realistic game? hmm, the way I see it, this game actually does try to represent the real thing, but because of short time or pure stupidity, it fails in lots of small things, some of them crucial to represent real soccer. Out of the pitch it falls even shorter, and to most of us, I´m sure it looks and feels kind of incomplete at some point.

Like I said in previoust posts, I always get back to this game so there must be something about it, but its nowhere near good enough to make me forget the competition.

Last edited:
Gameplay is what this game is all about, but even that has problems so I would say Konami failed to provide us with a complete product. It´s like a chef that says "Ok tonight there´s no dessert, no drinks and no coffee. Just the main dish" but then he serves a very good looking dish with no salt.

While other games are growing in the overall world market because companies actually try to bring more and more stuff, Konami is kinda lost here and still looking for the holly grail. Then they fail in things that to me, look like they could have done better with almost no effort at all.
If they are going to use unlicensed teams, then why can´t they put even more leagues and 2nd divisions for all of them?
Lack of stadiums variations is somehow stupid as well.

Also, Konami has bet a lot in the costumer´s work, such as patching comunities etc. But this year they were kind off stabbed in the back from current gen consoles, as they won´t allow file sharing, wich makes the editing painfull and even unneffective for some of us.

Soo, what do we have left? Ah yes, the gameplay! Awesome work indeed, with the help of all the good things and also the bad ones from previous editions, they are finally capable of delivering a solid gameplay. Passing is good, shooting is good (personally I think it has some flaws, it feels repetitive and most times overpowered), and the best, CPU behaviour is a gem, something reaally new in soccer games. It might even become a standard from now on, something were other companies might rely on for future editions of soccer games. But not all is perfect here too, and the CPU mentality seems overpowered. They keep possession even when they shouldn´t. Each team plays diferently, but they won´t change mentality according to the result.
Fouls, yes they exist, but no one here can say they are called in a balanced or realistic way. The pace of the match, for me is the best part of it. I wouldn´t like to say "perfect" but in this case, it might be true.

There´s also something unbalanced about dificulty levels. Top Player might be to easy at some point with a good team, but superstar, while not much harder, is very frustrating because of scripted decisions that sometimes make it impossible to react against. In fact, I don´t feel superstar to be hard, instead I see as an unfair challenge, as CPU always gets a chance out of nowhere, to make a draw or even a win. But lets be honest, this talk about dificulty levels depends alot in each one´s preference and notion of challenge, so it cant´t really be considered a flaw.

Anyway, the big deal: best looking and realistic game? hmm, the way I see it, this game actually does try to represent the real thing, but because of short time or pure stupidity, it fails in lots of small things, some of them crucial to represent real soccer. Out of the pitch it falls even shorter, and to most of us, I´m sure it looks and feels kind of incomplete at some point.

Like I said in previoust posts, I always get back to this game so there must be something about it, but its nowhere near good enough to make me forget the competition.

its like getting one really good boob tonight

Have to agree. The gameplay is pretty good this year but everything else, including the new myclub mode, is just so hackeneyed and dull.

Try a real life carreer as a football player or as a manager.

I can see the flaws in the game, but i remember a long podcast with Adam Bhatti where he says that the yare working on a tight budget and that additions also mean that other things disappear. So let's hope that they sell loads of games this year, then maybe next year...

Oh and another thing. I'm on this forum since the days of PES1. Nowadays people hail the mythical PES5 or PES6. When those games where published there were as much complaints as now. Some people will never be satisfied (not necessarily Steel Horse by the way).

Take the example of the guy who complained that Barcelona had maximum points after 18 games...this could well happen irl. I wonder with wich team that guy plays. Eibar ? or Real Madrid ?

The there are people who complain about high scores.

Spurs - Chelsea 5-3, not realistic...

If you have played Fifa then you shouldn´t say that. Actually Fifa has gone the other way around and the game might be lots of things, but bore is not one of them for sure. It has a quite complete package and its quite fun overall. I wish PES had half the things Fifa offers like presentation, match environment etc...
That´s what is killing PES, because gameplay wise PES is very good.

Totally agreed.

FIFA used to be soulless to me, but definitely not this year.

Still struggling to get warm with PES the same time.
About to give up soon :(

Totally agreed.

FIFA used to be soulless to me, but definitely not this year.

Still struggling to get warm with PES the same time.
About to give up soon :(

Probably you come from the same experience as me. I was really enjoying Fifa this year, but PES offered something new in gameplay department. After playing it for a long time now, I still haven´t found the same enjoyment as I was having with Fifa. But fifa also fails in some departments so I keep coming back between the two, and now I struggle to decide wich one to play! :RANT:

Try a real life carreer as a football player or as a manager.

I can see the flaws in the game, but i remember a long podcast with Adam Bhatti where he says that the yare working on a tight budget and that additions also mean that other things disappear. So let's hope that they sell loads of games this year, then maybe next year...

Oh and another thing. I'm on this forum since the days of PES1. Nowadays people hail the mythical PES5 or PES6. When those games where published there were as much complaints as now. Some people will never be satisfied (not necessarily Steel Horse by the way).

Take the example of the guy who complained that Barcelona had maximum points after 18 games...this could well happen irl. I wonder with wich team that guy plays. Eibar ? or Real Madrid ?

The there are people who complain about high scores.

Spurs - Chelsea 5-3, not realistic...

why mythical, just installed after the dissappointing FIFA 15, its a perfect game to its age, heck on my PS3 ISS Pro Evo 2 is installed too, yet another perfect footy game. too bad its 2015 and almost nothing changed around this project(yet two football games are on the market only..), even the gameplay is a rather no go. i havent sit down to play it alone for a month, only when we are together with my buddies and they insist to play it

How can you guys play online?

I thought I would dive back in to see if it's improved. It feels worse than ever.

I consider myself a very good PES 2015 player, I only play in Superstar in single player but OH MY GOD online the button lag is something else. I press 'pass' and it happens like a second later. It's destroying the experience for me.

I always play a 4-3-3 with ball always passed on the floor but this game (online) doesn't let you do that because of the button lag.

Horrible stuff - this is on PS4 btw, dont know about other formats.

Mythical because everybody has been praising them for years now, even the development spoke about PES2015 as a return to that era.

why mythical, just installed after the dissappointing FIFA 15, its a perfect game to its age, heck on my PS3 ISS Pro Evo 2 is installed too, yet another perfect footy game. too bad its 2015 and almost nothing changed around this project(yet two football games are on the market only..), even the gameplay is a rather no go. i havent sit down to play it alone for a month, only when we are together with my buddies and they insist to play it

ISS 2, Pro Evo 5 and 6 were perfect? Hmm... :CONFUSE:

I miss the secretary of 2013... :(

ISS 2, Pro Evo 5 and 6 were perfect? Hmm... :CONFUSE:

yes gameplaywise all of those, balanced, no bugs, no overpowered stuffs, complete as much it could be in its age, you could mod the hell out of them, graphicwise they are pioneers. no wonder lot of people play PES 5 & 6 nowdays (i even saw ISS patch 2013 )instead anything that came out after. only grip is PES 6 is too easy and thats what i like the most.

2015 is on the level of Pro Evolution Soccer 2 or 3, 2-3 years need to have another great, complete game, most likely at the end of this gen as far as they dont have enough money to develop and if they would do have there is a high possibility they buy licences rather improve the game on any level.

nuff said, just makes me sad

Last edited:
How can you guys play online?

I thought I would dive back in to see if it's improved. It feels worse than ever.

I consider myself a very good PES 2015 player, I only play in Superstar in single player but OH MY GOD online the button lag is something else. I press 'pass' and it happens like a second later. It's destroying the experience for me.

I always play a 4-3-3 with ball always passed on the floor but this game (online) doesn't let you do that because of the button lag.

Horrible stuff - this is on PS4 btw, dont know about other formats.

That's your connection I play online every other day with no notable lag

I swear this pes 5/6 talk makes me nauseas.

This game has it's flaws but seriously get over it.

"I remember back in my day..... "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom