PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

The problem I have with Superstar is the difficulty spikes, which I think are the result of form arrows, but maybe there are other factors going on as well.

In the second leg, a home match for me, PSG's front three attackers are all on yellow/red arrows; several others have red/yellows too. I have played this one single match 10+ times. Everytime, I get crushed. I've changed tactics, formations, line-ups... you name it. This one match plays so differently from all the games leading up to it.

The problem is not tactical. The problem is that due to whatever boosts the CPU is receiving, in 1-on-1 situations the CPU's ability is enhanced by an unfair margin. It makes for an unfair experience, that is not consistent with the majority of the experience.
I know it's a bit of work, but this would become so much more concrete if you could post a video of one match to YouTube. Then we could try to analyse what's happening.

Such an analysis doesn't change the fact that the difficulty spikes are real for you, but maybe we - including you - could learn something.

This game is so bloody stiff online. Just played my last game, I've given it a fair assessment now.

meanwhile, I can't put FIFA down.

I am going to see what CEX give for PES 2015.

that's become everything i dislike about the game - just pin point passing and the ball looks to have no freedom

I am not trying to debate your opinion here but if you play with fully assisted controls don't expect a lot of freedom, have you tried to play with less assisted controls or full manual controls?

Yep I play on full manual the problem is it isn't full manual and the ball still seems somewhat magnetic to defenders also shooting on full manual is massively over powered and goals from 30 plus yards are just too easy

Yep I play on full manual the problem is it isn't full manual and the ball still seems somewhat magnetic to defenders also shooting on full manual is massively over powered and goals from 30 plus yards are just too easy
Ping pong passing on full manual? I don't see that at all. I actually enjoy the game a lot with full manual. While I agree that the shots are overpowered I don't see too many goals going in with long range shots on manual shooting. It might be that i have not mastered the game yet so still find it fun and challenging to play. I hope they can fix some of the issues you mentioned.

That video showed me a couple of issues that still look terrible. Heavy handed shadows that cover half the pitch...come on Konami, you can make them a lot more transparent and we'd get the picture. And a goal net that hardly moves. The price of this game is slowly coming down in my local shop so I'd be tempted to try it but I haven't seen any progress in the recent videos to suggest any major improvements. I'm still hopeful because that feeling when I bought PES 2011 and the experience on the pitch offline and online was brilliant. Mostly went down from there :(

That video showed me a couple of issues that still look terrible. Heavy handed shadows that cover half the pitch...come on Konami, you can make them a lot more transparent and we'd get the picture. And a goal net that hardly moves. The price of this game is slowly coming down in my local shop so I'd be tempted to try it but I haven't seen any progress in the recent videos to suggest any major improvements. I'm still hopeful because that feeling when I bought PES 2011 and the experience on the pitch offline and online was brilliant. Mostly went down from there :(

I wouldn't make any judgments based on shadows and nets. Rent it if you can, but still, you will have to give it sometime.

I wouldn't make any judgments based on shadows and nets. Rent it if you can, but still, you will have to give it sometime.

Thanks, I'm not fussed with learning curves etc as I know the game gives you a lot more enjoyment the more time you take to learn it. But I found it hard to see what was happening on pitch during the demo because of those shadows...and the one on this video looks even stronger.

Thanks, I'm not fussed with learning curves etc as I know the game gives you a lot more enjoyment the more time you take to learn it. But I found it hard to see what was happening on pitch during the demo because of those shadows...and the one on this video looks even stronger.
Some of the new stadiums on the latest patch have very nice lighting IMO. I have also notice the shadows are less apparent in summer games. Generally speaking is not that bad with select stadiums especially during day time.

I have kind of gave up frequenting PES forums now. It is nothing but a big moan fest! Now we are moaning about shadows. Dear God!

Are we all on average 30+ in our years?

We are not going to get back the magic of the really early PES days anymore. Can nobody honestly get why this is?!?!?

It is because we are not kids anymore! We are older now and strangely enough we don't get those childish moments with video games!

Its time for people to wise up and move on and take each game for what it is. Fair enough I have yet to try 2015 offline but MyClub is brilliant and when I come up against like minded players who want to try to play football then this game is simply superb! This is also happens quite often as this game allows you to play like you want to.

Come on folks life isn't that bad surely

We are not going to get back the magic of the really early PES days anymore. Can nobody honestly get why this is?!?!?

It is because we are not kids anymore! We are older now and strangely enough we don't get those childish moments with video games!

Interesting question and maybe so.

Lets think about it..if we are teenagers one thing we are less likely to be doing is moaning on forums..Wed be doing other things with our time and only thing we'd do with pes is play it IMO.

ALso I guess enjoyment is less as you get older with such things?

One cant deny gameplay has detetioted untile pes 13 at least.

Is pes15 as good as pes2,3,4,5 etc?

I feel if pes15 came out naturally after pes6 then the magic woulda continued...we were still young and not jaded.

Pes 08+ made us become critical of the series.

If pes 15 was the next gen release after pes6 what would say about it?

What things after playing pes6 would we say need fixed or have improved?

WOuld we go back to pes6?

I have kind of gave up frequenting PES forums now. It is nothing but a big moan fest! Now we are moaning about shadows. Dear God!

Its time for people to wise up and move on and take each game for what it is. Fair enough I have yet to try 2015 offline but MyClub is brilliant and when I come up against like minded players who want to try to play football then this game is simply superb! This is also happens quite often as this game allows you to play like you want to.

Agreed - I still say this has been a good year for football games.

If next year's PES was the same game but with better netcode, so that there was less button lag online (which frustrates me but nowhere near as much as FIFA's faults online), I'd be happy considering that I've not enjoyed any previous PES games for years.

If I go back and play the old games I don't feel like they're better than this year's, I truly don't. I loved the old Winning Elevens, and do still dig them out for a bit of retro fun - but I don't think they're better than this year's game. More feature-loaded maybe (which is frustrating).

how many long range goals per match have you made in last matches ?

at least one per match, but its the amount that are on target that the keeper palms out due to the super powerful shooting..i know if i am in the centre of the pitch and hit it at around 3/4 power it is going to fly on target and it will either go in or the keeper will palm it out - the trajectory is always very similar...equally i know if im tackled my player will do the same stumble time again and not respond until the AI has made the distance so i cannot tackle back with that player...i also know if the AI has the ball in the area 95% of times they will stop,turn and curl into bottom far corner...the game is disguised to look like it has freedom but in reality there isn't much...you could argue its good AI but i just think it feels heavily scripted and my assumptions are backed up with the same outcomes i am seeing time and time again.I don't want to compare the two football games as i owned both and sold fifa but in fifa i was still seeing things i hadnt seen before but in PES you see the same things over and over

YouTube - PES 2015 Goal

Love this game! :)

Shame of the rebound at the end. :)

Hehe, this video made me laugh. :) Fortunately that kind of unrealistic pingpong passing is not so easy with full manual controls.

What troubles me is that defender who tries to reach the ball at the time 0:21, but for some weird reason can't get it. It should be easily intercepted. Too many times the ball just rolls between the defender's legs. I wonder if there is some way to make these defenders better at intercepting passes.

That´s an interesting point and I think that this partially is true for one or the other.

But it kinda sounds like that KONAMI didn´t do nothing wrong and it´s US, the customers which is the problem.

I think the moaning for 85% is about facts and if the shadows make it hard to see players and the ball then it´s a fact.
Some might it find a lot more disturbing than the other one.

If shooting is overpowered or there are way less fouls than in earlier titles etc etc, then it´s a fact as well and that´s not because of MY sense of it, it is because it is probably not well optimized.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think that's the case. I was about 34 when PES 3 came out and I couldn't get enough of it, along with the next 3 PES games that followed. They were all special, although PES 4 suffered from slowdown in the final third. PES these days just doesn't play quite as well as it did back then. And to be honest, the shadows on some of the pitches do need to be lightened.

Last edited:
That´s an interesting point and I think that this partially is true for one or the other.

But it kinda sounds like that KONAMI didn´t do nothing wrong and it´s US, the customers which is the problem.

I think the moaning for 85% is about facts and if the shadows make it hard to see players and the ball then it´s a fact.

If shooting is overpowered or there are way less fouls than in earlier titles etc etc, then it´s a fact as well and that´s not because of MY sense of it, it is because it is probably not well optimized.

Just my 2 cents.

i wonder if the fouls have been reduced purposely for another reason, maybe the referee logic because it is still rubbish now - i have nearly killed players with late tackles and the ref has done nothing as it was off the ball.

There is no way this could have been play tested and not noticed the AI doesn't foul..in fact i remember a play tester on twitter acknowledging the lack of fouls in September and stated he had fedback and hopefully enough time to fix for the release..evidently not but release it anyway

Just my 2 cents.

But the facts also include things like the games has 3 or very few songs, which I have seen it more than once mentioned as of why the game is disliked. I have also seen people come in and complain right after they just "tried" the game. There are of course things that need to be fixed and I am not saying Konami did everything right but we also have to keep in mind that they cater to the most "difficult to please" market segment on earth. There will never be a perfect game and they will never be able to satisfy all tastes. As far as this year's PES I think it is a decent effort at the core, although they need to fix the online issues that seem to be common among all complains. Since I play only offline, it doesn't matter to me that much and I am enjoying the game :)

The core gameplay is good but shallow. There wasn't enough to keep me going back. Like I said before, scoring goals doesn't feel satisfying like it used to. Stuff like lack of stadia, music, an awful Master League, no proper edit mode etc just add to the frustration. What am I supposed to do, play exhibition games until PES 2016 is out?

It's such a shame because I had high hopes for PES this year but for me, Konami just aren't in tune with what their fanbase actually wants. Player faces and MyClub don't really matter to most of us but they seem to think that it keeps us happy.

I won't make the mistake of buying PES 2016. It will be the first PES I don't buy but unless I read that things have changed drastically, I will stick with FIFA.

i wonder if the fouls have been reduced purposely for another reason, maybe the referee logic because it is still rubbish now - i have nearly killed players with late tackles and the ref has done nothing as it was off the ball.

There is no way this could have been play tested and not noticed the AI doesn't foul..in fact i remember a play tester on twitter acknowledging the lack of fouls in September and stated he had fedback and hopefully enough time to fix for the release..evidently not but release it anyway

Yeah, I did the same when the demo came out on the feedback section in hopes of a day one patch to solve the issue but... nothing. Maybe its FOX engine related.

Yeah, I did the same when the demo came out on the feedback section in hopes of a day one patch to solve the issue but... nothing. Maybe its FOX engine related.

Not sure if it is , there is the very odd slide tackle that's a foul by the AI so it is possible.. I don't know much about programming but on superstar the AI plays very similar look for the pass inside the area turn and shoot ..if keepers coming out always lob..maybe this programmed decision making is the same for fouls as in just don't do it

Just tried to win a cup match at home. Me playing a 4 star team, the opponent a 3 star team. First leg away 1-1. Full manual, superstar.

Played the match maybe 8 times. Could not get a result that would allow me to proceed to next round. Best result 2-2, so opponent would proceed due to away goal rule.

Their player scoring was always the CF. In the first 6 matches tried to double man mark him with 2 CDMs. No use, he was always at large. The matches in which I did not mark him went better. Makes no sense to me.

The experience reminded me of Fifa. Whenever the CPU is one down, it goes into extra gear and starts to dominate with super boost. When it's one up, it allows you to control the game as you please.

We desperately need a video where someone defends really well against superstar, playing full manual. Please.

Last edited:
You hated 2013 John King, i remember for about 3 pages you where slating the game no end.

Also i don't play online, what im speaking about is offline. Online gaming i just like or care about these days. I have heard there is some really bad lag online though.

You were right I did, pes 2013 needed improvements, like making The AI more aware of danger and the ball especially defensively. Also, beening able to score 100 out 100 times in 1 v1 s against the gk was unforgivable.

But I have to say and take it all back because pes 2015 offline is briill.The best pes yet. For me anyway. It was my fault I had put in advanced settings in the personal data. And not basic. I am not that good a player but enjoy playing footie games.this version for me is the best yet. They, just need now to fix the editing part ,giving more stadiums and improving the other parts of pes. But game play wise they are getting there.

But, and it's a big but. The online in this game is an absolute pile of shite. It's like playing two different games and in this day and age it is criminal.how can online be worse than pes 2013 two years further down the line, when the Internet connection and download speeds i are improving all the time. I just don' t get it.
But, then that's konami all over 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I posted a compilation video, but this is an excellent selection of footage I've captured since the demo to the full release.

This shows pretty much everything, from close control dribbling, feints, to long range L2 passes ( combined with R2 for a more lofted back-spin variant), R2 lofted high passes, short and long, and much more.

It also highlights the use of both R3 ( Close First-Touch) and R2. Also R2 long shots, and everything else in between.

It's an excellent watch with some amazingly varied goals, passes, build-up play and just about everything that's possible.

( The rest below is wrote is copy and pasted from my Youtube description)

"Zero Pass Assistance - Basic Shooting - Professional Difficulty and 15 minute games.

Its pure football, for any football brains that want total freedom to basically do anything you want, or at least attempt it, much margin for error, specially lower OVR's.

The best PES ever. By an absolute mile. An accumulation of many theories and technical reproduction of the Beautiful Game in video game form has finally been realised. Its took a good few years for Konami, ideas perfect in theory, were failed in their execution. Not this time, they have nailed it.

Amazing individuality, the most complex and fairly produced ever. With much higher differentials in players strengths and weaknesses, replicated in the player stats. No longer is Messi stronger than a bull, just because his stats are high everywhere else, he doesn't get the luck of the green in 50/50's.his weak frame is now a factor. But there is so much more.

R3 and special First-Touch is simulated perfectly, as is R2, its vast in its options. Especially when used as a controlled pass with X or a floated high pass (dink ) short or long.

Players have much more angles and have far more realistic balance, weight and additions then ever before.

Dribbling superb. defending tough,and timing weighted. Perfect.

Stamina relevant, its an amazing piece of work, IMO.

Great goals, play, cheek, everything. And on Zero Pass Assist which is so much harder than even 1-Bar, no 1st touch required on 1-bar.

Anyway, all foot-age accompanied by some Old School vibes, for us Old School PES fanatics and football minded people.

Enjoy, this is football heaven and free as a bird....."

Enjoy.....

http://youtu.be/WUIQ7WgddQM

It's been a long time since I posted a compilation video, but this is an excellent selection of footage I've captured since the demo to the full release.

This shows pretty much everything, from close control dribbling, feints, to long range L2 passes ( combined with R2 for a more lofted back-spin variant), R2 lofted high passes, short and long, and much more.

It also highlights the use of both R3 ( Close First-Touch) and R2. Also R2 long shots, and everything else in between.

It's an excellent watch with some amazingly varied goals, passes, build-up play and just about everything that's possible.

( The rest below is wrote is copy and pasted from my Youtube description)

"Zero Pass Assistance - Basic Shooting - Professional Difficulty and 15 minute games.

Its pure football, for any football brains that want total freedom to basically do anything you want, or at least attempt it, much margin for error, specially lower OVR's.

The best PES ever. By an absolute mile. An accumulation of many theories and technical reproduction of the Beautiful Game in video game form has finally been realised. Its took a good few years for Konami, ideas perfect in theory, were failed in their execution. Not this time, they have nailed it.

Amazing individuality, the most complex and fairly produced ever. With much higher differentials in players strengths and weaknesses, replicated in the player stats. No longer is Messi stronger than a bull, just because his stats are high everywhere else, he doesn't get the luck of the green in 50/50's.his weak frame is now a factor. But there is so much more.

R3 and special First-Touch is simulated perfectly, as is R2, its vast in its options. Especially when used as a controlled pass with X or a floated high pass (dink ) short or long.

Players have much more angles and have far more realistic balance, weight and additions then ever before.

Dribbling superb. defending tough,and timing weighted. Perfect.

Stamina relevant, its an amazing piece of work, IMO.

Great goals, play, cheek, everything. And on Zero Pass Assist which is so much harder than even 1-Bar, no 1st touch required on 1-bar.

Anyway, all foot-age accompanied by some Old School vibes, for us Old School PES fanatics and football minded people.

Enjoy, this is football heaven and free as a bird....."

Enjoy.....

http://youtu.be/WUIQ7WgddQM

yeh finally a bit of rightful positivity...

Some people here would complain if pes16 came with a free winning winning golden ticket to willy wonkas chocolate factory and a winnnig lottery ticket.

You were right I did, pes 2013 needed improvements, like making The AI more aware of danger and the ball especially defensively. Also, beening able to score 100 out 100 times in 1 v1 s against the gk was unforgivable.

But I have to say and take it all back because pes 2015 offline is briill.The best pes yet. For me anyway. It was my fault I had put in advanced settings in the personal data. And not basic. I am not that good a player but enjoy playing footie games.this version for me is the best yet. They, just need now to fix the editing part ,giving more stadiums and improving the other parts of pes. But game play wise they are getting there.

But, and it's a big but. The online in this game is an absolute pile of shite. It's like playing two different games and in this day and age it is criminal.how can online be worse than pes 2013 two years further down the line, when the Internet connection and download speeds i are improving all the time. I just don' t get it.
But, then that's konami all over 1 step forward 2 steps back.

what do u think the issue online is? Seems decent to me when i play my mate lag wise

I started an ML (I've been playing online 90% of the time, I really enjoy it, button lag or not I'm addicted, but fancied a career and a Champions League adventure).

As Liverpool, I played Swansea in the league on Superstar difficulty, and once they'd got a goal (which I felt powerless to stop - maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, I'm not arguing that I was cheated), all they did was pass the ball along the back four. Now I'd understand that if it was late on, but from the 10th minute to half time, they just passed back and forth among the defence.

I'm not exaggerating - they passed to the wingers maybe 4-5 times max, before passing back to the defence again.

I realised why this was - as soon as I stopped moving my players into positions that blocked their passing lanes and "let them" make a pass by stopping pressing them aggressively in an attempt to regain possession, they began passing up the pitch. So it seemed to me like they were impossible to play against because they were God, in essence - they knew the likelihood of a successful pass before kicking it, so refused to give up possession.

I set the difficulty down to Top Player, and won 3-0. Didn't feel satisfying whatsoever.

Still love the game, and maybe it was a one-off - but it seems a bit too God-like on Superstar. I played Ludogorets in a Champions League qualifier on Superstar and won 2-0, yet they had chances and it seemed like a fair game I deserved to win. But Swansea played like an (albeit scared) Barcelona, and West Brom (who I lost 1-0 to) played very similarly.

Sliders would be useful - maybe not FIFA-style sliders which break elements of gameplay, but one general tweak slider for "what overall level of team should be impossibly difficult to beat - an overall 78 team, 80 team, 82 team"... I don't know, something.

In the meantime I'm more than happy playing PES online, FIFA offline and Football Manager in bed. Although the missus isn't. :D

Back
Top Bottom