PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'd say REGULAR is probably the most pure of difficulties. No scripting, freer animations, more unpredictable and balanced. From professional onwards, the scripting and rigidity begins. Only when you play on regular after a few games on professional, will you realise how free regular is.

You are right and i agree, but on regular it's really too easy to win and and becomes useless for many people.
So you are forced to play at higher difficulty.
I found the best gameplay (no scripting) playing friendly matches on professional.

Yep scoring seems broken sometimes or most times. Sometimes I have to fight hard in midfield and then finally when a chance comes up its only to score a "meh" goal with a simple tap. Almost no ability involved when we are 1on1 with the GK´s. Shooting is awkward and GK´s are irresponsive, and that leads to those simple tap goals. CPU also has some easy mission when shooting on goal inside the box. Game is great, but shooting inside the box often doesn´t have the wow factor.

It's so sad for us fans though. The series have never been about that in the past. It's always been about earning it. I just played a game which ended 7-2 for the other guy(he was on full auto everything) and 7 goals were scored exactly the same way. Granted the lag was horrendous but still, 7 exact same goals?? Oh boy what a joy...

Don't mean to insult anyone but I'm genuinely shocked anyone finds this game challenging on anything but Superstar difficulty. And this is coming from someone who's hardly played any PES in almost a decade, so I'm still kinda shit at it.

Maybe it's because I've been playing FIFA, so PES's slower pace and added time for decision making means less a challenge. I dunno.

That said, is it me or is there a ramping difficulty going on in certain modes, like Champions League and the Copa tournaments? As in, I'll breeze through the group stages but then in the knockout rounds, it's like playing against an entirely new difficulty setting?

It's weird, and a bit frustrating, how easy group stage matches will be, but then I'll get crushed in the knockout stage, even though the quality of the opposition team didn't change that much.

The question I always ask those who find the game easy on most difficulty levels, do you play with any manual controls?

Found my sweetspot. Playing on regular (tweaked gameplan tactics for all teams) and playing at ZERO bar passing and normal shooting. Game is so much more open and unpredictable and so many possibilities become possible. For me, the difficulty out of these settings is just perfect.

Welcome to my world :)

Don't mean to insult anyone but I'm genuinely shocked anyone finds this game challenging on anything but Superstar difficulty. And this is coming from someone who's hardly played any PES in almost a decade, so I'm still kinda shit at it.

Maybe it's because I've been playing FIFA, so PES's slower pace and added time for decision making means less a challenge. I dunno.

Well not all of us are excellent at this game :) Besides probably not all of us are happy with what we see on higher difficulties from silly scripting. And not all of us want to go through frustration, stress, and anger. We just want to enjoy a laid-back good experience :)

At least now when I concede or lose I don't feel cheated at all.

Last edited:
The question I always ask those who find the game easy on most difficulty levels, do you play with any manual controls?

No, but I actually find the game a nice challenge in attack with default settings, as I'm still learning the game and struggle creating many chances.

It's defending that I find too easy. Anything less than Superstar and the CPU is just no threat. After FIFA, I'm very impressed with the defensive AI, but gotta say, the CPU attack could be better.

Welcome to my world :)

Well not all of us are excellent at this game :) Besides probably not all of us are happy with what we see on higher difficulties from silly scripting. And not all of us want to go through frustration, stress, and anger. We just want to enjoy a laid-back good experience :)

At least now when I concede or lose I don't feel cheated at all.

So what's with all the scripting complaints. Maybe I'm still new enough with PES again but so far I haven't noticed anything that feels off. What forms of silly scripting are we talking about?

(And trust me, I'm far from excellent at this game. My few experiences in online multiplayer were quite humbling.)

No, but I actually find the game a nice challenge in attack with default settings, as I'm still learning the game and struggle creating many chances.

It's defending that I find too easy. Anything less than Superstar and the CPU is just no threat. After FIFA, I'm very impressed with the defensive AI, but gotta say, the CPU attack could be better.

Have you tried Klashman69's tactics, in the tactics thread? It's possible that it will increase the attacking threat/intelligence. Or at least vary it.

So what's with all the scripting complaints. Maybe I'm still new enough with PES again but so far I haven't noticed anything that feels off. What forms of silly scripting are we talking about?

(And trust me, I'm far from excellent at this game. My few experiences in online multiplayer were quite humbling.)

with emotion off this game is balanced as hell, no bullshit in pvp matches too or at least it can be turned off now, but ofcourse on higher difficulty the cpu will cheat(means its super intelligent, super pintpoint passing, super shooting) but there is no scripting as far as i know

for me yes.

players wont get stupid retards just because they 1 goal down in the first 10 minutes or on the other hand the scoring team wont get super human. so no one is getting cpu support on either side :) its all on your nerves and on your skills and your player's

with emotion off this game is balanced as hell, no bullshit in pvp matches too or at least it can be turned off now, but ofcourse on higher difficulty the cpu will cheat(means its super intelligent, super pintpoint passing, super shooting) but there is no scripting as far as i know
How do you turn emotions off and which modes this applies? Are we talking only exhibition matches??

That said, is it me or is there a ramping difficulty going on in certain modes, like Champions League and the Copa tournaments? As in, I'll breeze through the group stages but then in the knockout rounds, it's like playing against an entirely new difficulty setting?

It's weird, and a bit frustrating, how easy group stage matches will be, but then I'll get crushed in the knockout stage, even though the quality of the opposition team didn't change that much.

Even after all these years playing football games, my abilities are quite poor. I usually struggle in PES with anything above professional. In fact, during the PS2 days I didn't venture above regular difficulty the game was so tough. I think this years game though is probably the easiest PES to date, because superstar difficulty suits me quite well.

Even after all these years playing football games, my abilities are quite poor. I usually struggle in PES with anything above professional. In fact, during the PS2 days I didn't venture above regular difficulty the game was so tough. I think this years game though is probably the easiest PES to date, because superstar difficulty suits me quite well.

Early ps2 days when u ramped up the difficulty, the AI became a pressure whore and never had enough time on the ball to make decisions, but this years game on superstar if u take a patient approach and wait for passing channels and players creating space for themselves, you will eventually do well, that's my experience so far.

Been playing and enjoying this version more than any of the ps3 ones!

The only problem is, with my myclub team i was offered a choice of region i wanted my players to be pooled from.

I tried dutch but now I'd like to change. Is there any way of doing this? I've even deleted and reinstalled the game but it remembered!

Woyld love to change this,
having a great time though

Have you tried Klashman69's tactics, in the tactics thread? It's possible that it will increase the attacking threat/intelligence. Or at least vary it.

No, I haven't tried this. So much of the game is still a bit overwhelming for me and I'm still just trying to come to grips with gameplay. I'm only just now starting to tweak my own team's tactical settings.

But this sounds like it would take forever, if you've gotta change every team's tactics, no?

Loving the game on zero bar passing. Feels like a new game altogether. Regular is just the perfect difficulty for me to play on zero bar passing. The game is much more interesting with newer passing angles and opportunities. Opponents are finding it hard to intercept my passes as they don't go to the feet by the slide rule. Can't imagine taking any more passing assistance as it feels ugly now.

Before you make up your mind of the difficulty levels, pay attention to the team that you play as and the teams you play against. When you play as Real Madrid against Real Betis and win 4-0 (consistently), probably thats a fair result and the difficulty level is just right. But if you play as Real Betis and beat Real Madrid 4-0 (consistently), then that's not the right difficulty for you.

Last edited:
Guys, the masters league mode keeps not selecting the team I have picked from the squad selection screen. I have to keep loading this in from the save data... Anyone else have this problem?

With the difficulty setting, It used to be a right of passage on the old pro evos gradually working up from 3 stars eventually to 6 on the later versions. You will eventually consistently beat the CPU on superstar.. Although it still has a sting in its tail to sometimes batter you on a bad day :)

I have begrudgingly turned it down to top player to lick my ego wounds, and start enjoying the game.

Had about a week playing this since picking it up in the 12 Deals Of Bullshit sale.

+ General gameplay
+ More of a classic Pro Evo feel than the previous 4 or 5 games
+ Ability to edit fan banners easily - abuse overload
+ I really like the dribbling

- The refs are jenkum-huffing mongoloids
- Lack of lengthy injuries to COM players
- Complete lack of injuries to my players, especially in ML
- The 100% success rate of chipped shots by the COM
- Especially chipped shots over my keepers that will run out by themselves

I like it a lot more than I dislike it. Promising. Got the edit mode fever again too, been making some legends in the editor and I'm looking forward to completing a /pol/ tribute side to stick in one of the second divisions. Played a few matches online, but connection was a bit choppy. I've got good net but it could just be bad luck so will experiment.

Final point, the soundtrack is complete shite. Had to make use of the PS4's USB Music Player for the first time and have a mixture of hardcore knicker destroyers and Gran Turismo-style piano bliss.

Last edited:
You guys playing with lower pass assist settings, do you do it for the challenge or for another reason, like does it improve the passing game?

I ask because I find too many passes going to the wrong player and I wonder if it's something that can be improved with different settings.

You guys playing with lower pass assist settings, do you do it for the challenge or for another reason, like does it improve the passing game?

I ask because I find too many passes going to the wrong player and I wonder if it's something that can be improved with different settings.

i did it because anything above the ai seems to pick the pass at tiems and goes to the wrong player, also i felt there is a slight delay on assisted passing.plus manual opens the field up more

Loving the game on zero bar passing. Feels like a new game altogether. Regular is just the perfect difficulty for me to play on zero bar passing. The game is much more interesting with newer passing angles and opportunities. Opponents are finding it hard to intercept my passes as they don't go to the feet by the slide rule. Can't imagine taking any more passing assistance as it feels ugly now.

Before you make up your mind of the difficulty levels, pay attention to the team that you play as and the teams you play against. When you play as Real Madrid against Real Betis and win 4-0 (consistently), probably thats a fair result and the difficulty level is just right. But if you play as Real Betis and beat Real Madrid 4-0 (consistently), then that's not the right difficulty for you.

somewhat similar bar is needed for shooting too

To me zero pass assistance just feels more natural. I think stats still play a role though, which is good for me as it still keeps differences between players.

I still need to confirm this though.

Also another thing Iv noticed when u play on zero manual passing the CPU AI misplaces passes a lot more than being on assistance settings.
also on another note, more I play this game I notice the differences in individuality for Defensive midfielders, constantly seeing small things like that as I keep playing, I'm so hooked with this version iv ran out of sick days.

Last edited:
Also another thing Iv noticed when u play on zero manual passing the CPU AI misplaces passes a lot more than being on assistance settings.
also on another note, more I play this game I notice the differences in individuality for Defensive midfielders, constantly seeing small things like that as I keep playing, I'm so hooked with this version iv ran out of sick days.

THIS! Normally, the AI's passing accuracy is in the late 80s. When I play zero bar passing, my opponent AI's passing accuracy comes down to 70s. Check it yourself. This is a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom