PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

What are people's expectations for a patch? Any rumor yet on a timeframe? Any expectations of what might be included at this point?

Right now this game is great for me in brief spurts but there's just a couple/few issues that really piss me off and keep the game from being enjoyable for longer durations.

The two biggest issues for me are the CPU ball possession AI and the fouls/refs.

For the first one, I'm getting sick of the CPU playing possession with super ease and often at times when it makes no sense. Too often the CPU reminds me of the worst of possession based teams - possession without purpose. Also, even on the highest difficulty I find the CPU lacking in taking its chances - I suck at this game (still) and yet keeping cleansheets is not hard enough.

Fouls and refs is just atrocious. Like has been said, it's driving me mad the amount of fouls and yellow cards I get relative to the CPU.

There's other issues but I'd probably be satisfied enough long term if at least these get fixed.

Yeah AI needs to be more aggressive, but as for the AI holding possession for so long is the way there tactics have been set up unfortunately, klashman sent a link a few pages back on what to modify to rectify the AI possession problem or if u can't be bothered hopefully patch rectifies it.

this game is wearing me down now, it just gets boring after 2 games and the fouling system, the refs and the piss easy shooting just ruin it..the ai goals are all very similar too

this game is wearing me down now, it just gets boring after 2 games and the fouling system, the refs and the piss easy shooting just ruin it..the ai goals are all very similar too

I think Pes 2015 has the best ai among all other Pes games. But yeah, I am sick of bottom corner goals already :SICK:

Easy shooting? Have you got shooting on 'manual'? No excuses. If you don't want it to be easy you have the option to make it harder.

The game is far from boring, it's actually kind of addictive. Every game is different IMO. I agree that the fouling system needs work and yes in some occasions the ai score similar goals but it is strange that this happens to me only in certain modes or maybe it depends on the teams. Strange enough I have been playing CL and the goal variety is unbelievable. I would also recommend that you try full manual controlls for passing and shooting if you think the game is too easy.

I play one bar passing assist and basic shooting, because I still can´t create enough chances to make shooting repetitive. About CPU I also thought that scoring was boring but now that I play in 1st division on master League I´m noticing better variety. Individuality is just simply amazing. After playing more and more games, this is starting to show new things, usually a game starts to be repetitive after some hours, but this one seems to show little things the more I play.

In my master league mode, my winger is the one who scores more headers, and I already know he is always a threat in crosses. He jumps like no one else in my team, and also connects the headers almost perfectly. There´s something about player stats that make this game almost magic!

GK´s still make some unexcusable mistakes sometimes, same as referees. Those would be the priority for Konami to patch. And of course, the ability to share option files on the console versions would make the editing job way more rewarding. Specially in a game with such an incomplete licensed database.

Fouling i agree with AI is too soft, as for shooting have you tried advanced or manual shooting cause its a challenge, also the reason so many goals are similar, konami got overexcited with the tiki taka and a majority of teams have there tactics setup to build up - short pass and attacking area - center, if u change it to long pass and attacking area to wide, the teams will start crossing alot, if u want a good example of playing against a side with different ways of scoring, go into klashmans website and copy his arsenal setup. then play against them and ul notice a massive difference, konami were just bloody lazy i guess to get the tactics right, gl

Last edited:
I play one bar passing assist and basic shooting, because I still can´t create enough chances to make shooting repetitive. About CPU I also thought that scoring was boring but now that I play in 1st division on master League I´m noticing better variety. Individuality is just simply amazing. After playing more and more games, this is starting to show new things, usually a game starts to be repetitive after some hours, but this one seems to show little things the more I play.

In my master league mode, my winger is the one who scores more headers, and I already know he is always a threat in crosses. He jumps like no one else in my team, and also connects the headers almost perfectly. There´s something about player stats that make this game almost magic!

GK´s still make some unexcusable mistakes sometimes, same as referees. Those would be the priority for Konami to patch. And of course, the ability to share option files on the console versions would make the editing job way more rewarding. Specially in a game with such an incomplete licensed database.

thats exactly what im experiencing

Easy shooting? Have you got shooting on 'manual'? No excuses. If you don't want it to be easy you have the option to make it harder.

see my video uploads and i have more from 30-40 yards in fact i think 90% of my goals are from outside the area on full manual superstar

no excuse, basic shooting shouldnt mean you hit, you score and manual is not a bad solution against op shooting BUT pretty much not stats based, so much it makes my heart bleed in case of a stats based game

same goes for passing, a somewhat assisted passing,even the 1 bar is so f*ing random

I'm playing on default speed, manual passing, assisted shooting, and regular difficulty. I've always been a fan of professional difficulty but this after trying all the harder difficulties I feel they're more scripted. Anything higher than regular for me feels hectic and scripted without much room for error. Regular gives me that CPU human error which feels natural, and teams playing to their player's strengths. So a lower team will have more pass error than a much better one.

I can't be too bothered getting frustrated all the time from CPU's perfect passing and shooting then hating the game. So regular, with the above mentioned settings, it is for me.

I'll need to try Klash's team tactics though to have an even better gameplay experience.

I'm playing on default speed, manual passing, assisted shooting, and regular difficulty. I've always been a fan of professional difficulty but this after trying all the harder difficulties I feel they're more scripted. Anything higher than regular for me feels hectic and scripted without much room for error. Regular gives me that CPU human error which feels natural, and teams playing to their player's strengths. So a lower team will have more pass error than a much better one.

I can't be too bothered getting frustrated all the time from CPU's perfect passing and shooting then hating the game. So regular, with the above mentioned settings, it is for me.

I'll need to try Klash's team tactics though to have an even better gameplay experience.

im playing on professional level default squad(2 below superstar) as i was sick of the ai perfect passing and no mistakes..plays a better game for me but i won my 1st mater league game 5-0 with manual everything 4 of the goals from outside of the box - 2 from 30+ yards..its just too easy to run through the defence on this level

How do you manual guys do online against assisted players ? Can you feel and tell if someone's fully assisted ?

i wouldnt bother with this as the through balls on assisted are perfect all of the time..saying that i had enough after 2 opponents, i lost 3-0 and 4-0 and every goal was through a perfect through ball.

im playing on professional level default squad(2 below superstar) as i was sick of the ai perfect passing and no mistakes..plays a better game for me but i won my 1st mater league game 5-0 with manual everything 4 of the goals from outside of the box - 2 from 30+ yards..its just too easy to run through the defence on this level

Who were you playing against?

On regular I went 0-2 down in the first 15 minutes vs PSG, then int he end managed a 4-3 win. Game was good. Some might think regular is easy but to me it feels balanced enough and doesn't raise my stress levels :)

Who were you playing against?

On regular I went 0-2 down in the first 15 minutes vs PSG, then int he end managed a 4-3 win. Game was good. Some might think regular is easy but to me it feels balanced enough and doesn't raise my stress levels :)

haha yeah i know what you mean, superstar is just a bit daft for me and the goals are way too samey. Also if you dont take the 2 or 3 chances you might make then it just gets way too stressful.

To be honest im not sure i have started a ML with a division 2 side in the Italian league. I am going to persevere and see how my next 5 results go and then decide to knock it up a notch or not. Professional is certainly the more balance play as you can actually dribble and beat players, it just appeared a little too easy..Shooting though needs to be fixed as it is just way to over powered on manual. On advanced it felt like there is just too much of a lag - same with passing too anything above manual there seem to be a bit of a delay

Same on top player, hold sprint and change directions and you are unstoppable even with average players.

yet the supertackling of the cpu on superstar is super annoying. not the interceptions but the ones where his player disposseses my player from behind, wrapping around my player his leg, knowing exactly where the ball will go as soon as i pass like agent Smith

yet the supertackling of the cpu on superstar is super annoying. not the interceptions but the ones where his player disposseses my player from behind, wrapping around my player his leg, knowing exactly where the ball will go as soon as i pass like agent Smith

yeah superstar is just too scripted on every level from chances created, to the goals scored to the defensive positions.

Examples to back it up

90% of goals i have seen have been scored by passing into the box turn shoot and bent into opposite bottom corner - the goals just look identical

Defenders are always perfectly placed with no misjudgement - the ball at times just feels locked to the defenders head and the perfect part of the head where it can be headed down field never up or misplaced.

Numerous times you can just feel the AI is going to score when they are midfield and there's nothing you can do about it (because you cant)

Same on top player, hold sprint and change directions and you are unstoppable even with average players.

So is professional and top player playing on full manual controls that easy?? I must be way behind in skills because I find professional challenging enough, in fact the game is not that easy on regular playing with full manual controls.

Found my sweetspot. Playing on regular (tweaked gameplan tactics for all teams) and playing at ZERO bar passing and normal shooting. Game is so much more open and unpredictable and so many possibilities become possible. For me, the difficulty out of these settings is just perfect.

I play on Professional with 1 bar passing and basic shooting and its definitely not too easy - sometimes I win, sometimes loose, mostly draw.

I play on Professional with 1 bar passing and basic shooting and its definitely not too easy - sometimes I win, sometimes loose, mostly draw.

I'd say REGULAR is probably the most pure of difficulties. No scripting, freer animations, more unpredictable and balanced. From professional onwards, the scripting and rigidity begins. Only when you play on regular after a few games on professional, will you realise how free regular is.

I like this game but it's just too easy to score. Talking about online. Scorelines are crazy high like 7-2, 5-3, 6-1. What happened with this game??

I like this game but it's just too easy to score. Talking about online. Scorelines are crazy high like 7-2, 5-3, 6-1. What happened with this game??

Yep scoring seems broken sometimes or most times. Sometimes I have to fight hard in midfield and then finally when a chance comes up its only to score a "meh" goal with a simple tap. Almost no ability involved when we are 1on1 with the GK´s. Shooting is awkward and GK´s are irresponsive, and that leads to those simple tap goals. CPU also has some easy mission when shooting on goal inside the box. Game is great, but shooting inside the box often doesn´t have the wow factor.

Don't mean to insult anyone but I'm genuinely shocked anyone finds this game challenging on anything but Superstar difficulty. And this is coming from someone who's hardly played any PES in almost a decade, so I'm still kinda shit at it.

Maybe it's because I've been playing FIFA, so PES's slower pace and added time for decision making means less a challenge. I dunno.

That said, is it me or is there a ramping difficulty going on in certain modes, like Champions League and the Copa tournaments? As in, I'll breeze through the group stages but then in the knockout rounds, it's like playing against an entirely new difficulty setting?

It's weird, and a bit frustrating, how easy group stage matches will be, but then I'll get crushed in the knockout stage, even though the quality of the opposition team didn't change that much.

Don't mean to insult anyone but I'm genuinely shocked anyone finds this game challenging on anything but Superstar difficulty. And this is coming from someone who's hardly played any PES in almost a decade, so I'm still kinda shit at it.

Maybe it's because I've been playing FIFA, so PES's slower pace and added time for decision making means less a challenge. I dunno.

That said, is it me or is there a ramping difficulty going on in certain modes, like Champions League and the Copa tournaments? As in, I'll breeze through the group stages but then in the knockout rounds, it's like playing against an entirely new difficulty setting?

It's weird, and a bit frustrating, how easy group stage matches will be, but then I'll get crushed in the knockout stage, even though the quality of the opposition team didn't change that much.

I always get eliminated in the KO stages. Haven't made it past the round of 16. I'm on top player difficulty. Going to bump down the diff level a notch and see if I can finally beat Roma. They give me fits for some reason

I always get eliminated in the KO stages. Haven't made it past the round of 16. I'm on top player difficulty. Going to bump down the diff level a notch and see if I can finally beat Roma. They give me fits for some reason

It's kinda odd for me. I'm getting crushed - and I mean annihilated - by Nacional in the Copa Lib (playing as Botafogo), while I cruised through the group stages with little challenge.

I'm actually enjoying the challenge and wish the group stages had been a bit more like this.

Back
Top Bottom