PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'm thinking of getting the Japanese WE2015 like you have. How do the updates work? Could you just put the disk in and play right away, or did you have to set-up a Japanese PSN ID, log out of your North American ID, log into your Japanese one and get the update?

Also do you have to be logged in on a Japanese ID (a) every time you want to play the game, (b) only when you want to play online or (c) only for data updates?

Many thanks for any info.

Edmundo, I use my North American account to play Japanese Winning (I don't play online, so don't know about that), but all live updates and DLC patches still work normally. Only time I have to use my Japanese account is to download additional DLCs from the playstation store (J League) or to get the pre-order bonus (redemption code).

Great, thanks for letting me know, looks like I will only need a Japanese PSN ID to get the J-League update (which will probably be released in early 2015).

Picked this up digitally for the xboxone on launch and haven't been off it for almost a week..halo mcc and sunset overdrive have both been on the back burner.

Switched the dash onto the right trigger and special controls onto the left trigger and for me dribbling and turning on the ball is as smooth as butter,found the RB button to clunky and none responsive.

Every match is a joy whether it's wolves or a top flight team there's almost limitless options on the ball.

For me and as someone who didn't take to the demo I'm in dreamland..whether it's the rub of the green the game gives you when your up,or the feeling there's always a way back when your down,the game just delivers raw playability.

Bravo we productions..delivered for me what I feel is the best pes and footie game in years.

Once you click with it nothing comes close.

So happy,don't care about cosmetics because on the pitch this is opus!..the ball just feels like a free entity.

Definetly one where skill with long passing and having vision,working the ball and skill with long and chipped passing is key..love being able to put the ball on a dime with the long pass.

Last edited:
What's weird is when I played the demo and the full game it felt clunky and rigid..now it feels
Free and fluid..every collision and connection has a logic that's more grounded in real physics and everything's defendable.

Such a clever interpretation of football,the tiniest movements that leave defenders flat footed.

It's just balanced perfectly.

Seriously is nobody else noticing the advantage one team has when playing online. That team wins 80% of the air battles or loose balls. And it seems always to be me. It could be because of my playing style? But the game feels so much on rails. In a game against real madrid I had a situation where I was 5 meter from the ball and the other guy was running 5 meters BEHIND me. My players all of a sudden slowed down so much it was ridiculous, I couldn't sprint anymore. So the other guy who was behind me was quicker to the ball. Tha fuq!?
These things happen to me all the time during online matches. I dont know what it is, but every match its a battle to fight against my controls being taken over.
I usually come across guys who only can play the through ball, no combination play at all. But even with these guys I struggle to win. Because also my passing seem to get taken over by some force. First touches are always in the direction of the opponent even though I direct the left stick in the opposite direction. Its weird and so frustrating, because I enjoy the game, but why is it so "on rails" for me :(

That PES thing...lol.

I didn´t wanna purchase that game and a few days before I tried the demo (PC) and was like "Naaahh, let´s get back to FIFA".
Played some FUT online there, which I enjoyed as well, but kinda got sick of that 45" and 90" min goals.

Tried the PES demo again with a different feeling to go at it, can´t describe it, maybe I was telling myself "Let´s play some PES and soak it all in, try to be neutral".

And well, I quite enjoyed it!
Shot some awesome goals and the CPU shot some nice ones as well which I never have seen before (Messi with the back to my goal back heeling after a pass).

On the pitch no doubt, this game is great.
Even the ball physics seem to be improved. The ball spinned around in the air because a player deflected it and it jumped on the ground just like it should be for real. Also the ground passes look and feel a lot better than in the PS3 demo.

I purchased it and I´m downloading the full version right now, can´t wait to play the full game.

I won´t trade in FIFA though.
My opinion is that we have two great footy games this year, each one has good and bad sides and I guess Imma play FIFA offline only (CM) and PES mainly online (hope that works now).

The funny thing is. It is with PES. I can´t resist, I thought I can but it didn´t work :P.

It´s just like.....nah, I better don´t do one of that girls comparisons here.

Peace out y´all!

MasterM

Stick with it bro..I felt like this but once you click your be as free as a bird and able to demolish those through ball heroes..

Stick your dash onto the trigger your feel the subtlety and feedback you just don't get with the RB button..I can stop the ball explode away from players and create lovely angles dropping my shoulder and blading between defenders.

I've played a lot of fifa15,and I think it's pretty solid..but once you click with pes your find your have more freedom..both games have a grid or rails..but pes is the one where you can remove the grid and have more angles and a deeper toy set on the pitch...

Last edited:
That PES thing...lol.

I didn´t wanna purchase that game and a few days before I tried the demo (PC) and was like "Naaahh, let´s get back to FIFA".
Played some FUT online there, which I enjoyed as well, but kinda got sick of that 45" and 90" min goals.

Tried the PES demo again with a different feeling to go at it, can´t describe it, maybe I was telling myself "Let´s play some PES and soak it all in, try to be neutral".

And well, I quite enjoyed it!
Shot some awesome goals and the CPU shot some nice ones as well which I never have seen before (Messi with the back to my goal back heeling after a pass).

On the pitch no doubt, this game is great.
Even the ball physics seem to be improved. The ball spinned around in the air because a player deflected it and it jumped on the ground just like it should be for real. Also the ground passes look and feel a lot better than in the PS3 demo.

I purchased it and I´m downloading the full version right now, can´t wait to play the full game.

I won´t trade in FIFA though.
My opinion is that we have two great footy games this year, each one has good and bad sides and I guess Imma play FIFA offline only (CM) and PES mainly online (hope that works now).

The funny thing is. It is with PES. I can´t resist, I thought I can but it didn´t work :P.

It´s just like.....nah, I better don´t do one of that girls comparisons here.

Peace out y´all!

I caved in bro and glad I did..you appreciate FIFA to but once it dawns on you how playable and deep pes15 is you won't play fifa.

That's the best part of pes15,when it all clicks and the realisation kicks in of how clever and deep pes is.

Enjoy!

Im still not getting this idea of buying players using the agents you receive after each match. How exactly does it work?

I keep getting rubbish players in the 60s rating bracket!

Picked this up digitally for the xboxone on launch and haven't been off it for almost a week..halo mcc and sunset overdrive have both been on the back burner.

Switched the dash onto the right trigger and special controls onto the left trigger and for me dribbling and turning on the ball is as smooth as butter,found the RB button to clunky and none responsive.

Every match is a joy whether it's wolves or a top flight team there's almost limitless options on the ball.

For me and as someone who didn't take to the demo I'm in dreamland..whether it's the rub of the green the game gives you when your up,or the feeling there's always a way back when your down,the game just delivers raw playability.

Bravo we productions..delivered for me what I feel is the best pes and footie game in years.

Once you click with it nothing comes close.

So happy,don't care about cosmetics because on the pitch this is opus!..the ball just feels like a free entity.

Definetly one where skill with long passing and having vision,working the ball and skill with long and chipped passing is key..love being able to put the ball on a dime with the long pass.

I am glad I gave this game a chance. AT the first glance it may give some the wrong impression, but once you dig deeper in the game, learn how to play the game, controls , tactics etc. the game is just immersive and addictive.

I caved in bro and glad I did..you appreciate FIFA to but once it dawns on you how playable and deep pes15 is you won't play fifa.

That's the best part of pes15,when it all clicks and the realisation kicks in of how clever and deep pes is.

Enjoy!

Thx man, you too!

Actually it didn´t dawn on me. At least that´s what I believe.
I wanna keep playing the CM (ML) because I like the overall around it and I just wish PES 2015 would have such a deep ML.
I know, some peeps on here like it simple but I kinda don´t.

Wanna give a shot on those sliders as well.

I really hope (like I said a few pages before) that KONAMI chooses the right direction now, build up on this gameplay and work on the bells and whistles and don´t choose a whole lot different one for PES 2016.

Please!

The three strategies are not the same as (do not equal) Fluid Formation. I think that's the most easily confused part.

You can switch between Offensive(main), Custom and Defensive strategies manually with up/down on the d-pad. If you have Fluid Formation OFF, they will use the Kick-Off formation of each strategy (so there's your first three).

If you have Fluid Formation ON, it uses the With Possession and Without Possession alternatives within each strategy. So there's two more per strategy, taking your grand total to nine.

Although I guess (don't know) that the Kick-Off one isn't used with Fluid Formation ON, it's only the With/Without Possession that get used? If true, you 'only' have six to deal with.

I'd also like to figure out what the AI uses. Sometimes you see them switch between Offensive and Defensive strategies. Do they ever use Custom? Do they use Fluid Formation? Do they always start the match on Offensive(main)?

It's far from a triumph of UI design, that's for certain, but I'm still intrigued by the possibilities.

For whatever reasons, PES has always failed miserably in the department of making intuitive features, and this is a perfect example. But I agree, it's interesting to play around with. It's certainly not efficient, but it might be effective.

78b446817c14dfc87c4a4ffa82bd5dd4.jpg

Strange! I presumed you would have hairy palms

I kind of like it because it brings more realism to the game. Its true that Ronaldo and Robben are faster than anyone else on the pitch most of the time but rarely you see them outrun defenders on their way to scoring. Defenders use angles and spacing to not let those players beat them with speed so in that regard its realistic to me. On the other hand, in the open field where both players are going for the ball (like when Robben chased for the ball in 2010 WC Final) Robben and Ronaldo should win that sprint contest every time so that part is flawed in the game and I think this whole catch up bug or whatever it is called is really there to make the game more difficult. I can see how easy it would be to win in this game even on superstar if that wasn't present in the game.

more realism when every player has the same speed? i can understand that they don't want to completely overpower some players but it's just too easy to keep up with bale and robben with your centrebacks

more realism when every player has the same speed? i can understand that they don't want to completely overpower some players but it's just too easy to keep up with bale and robben with your centrebacks

They still have better agilities and other special stats which stand out compared to most of the players in the game so you can still beat defenders if you know how to use them properly. Speed doesn't mean everything.

Can't seem to connect to a match room with my friend at all. Both get Unable to connect to opponent. I've played other matches online in Quick Match and myPES though which is weird. Any suggestions?

Starting to get the hang of this game. When it's good it's brilliant, fantastic, beautiful. When it's bad it's quite frustrating. When is it bad? When the scripting becomes obvious, when you feel cheated by the game.

I've been on a see-saw with this game so far, I'm not gonna lie. A few pages back you'll find me raging at it and even scoring it a 5/10. However, as always, PES takes a while to adapt to and to master. It has a learning curve and there are no short cuts. I started off with Superstar, 0 PA, Manual Shooting and Basic TBS which I've since switched to advanced (as it allows more freedom). I think I'm starting to see the true potential of this game.

Just finished my first season in Master League. Many moments of frustration and many of absolute fun. Scored some absolutely stunning goals which I'll eventually upload. I finished 11th but I'm very happy with the outcome of the season. It started off badly as I hadn't played the demo in a while but halfway through the points started coming. I finished with 49 points, 12W-13D-13L (I think).
The mode itself needs plenty of work:
  • The UI is at least 5 years old. When something looks good it feels good IMO.
  • The calendar should be day by day with option to 'Skip to next match'.
  • Fixtures: National team games shouldn't be played a day before a club game and there should be at least two days between games, e.g. If I play on Saturday my next game should be no sooner than Tuesday.
  • Transfers: Should be year long, none of that 'Transfer Day' crap.
  • Contract renewals take forever.
  • I had to play the Italian Supercup and was in the Europa League. The Supercup is between Juve and Napoli, and Lazio is not in the EL this year. I skipped the EL and got knocked out in the groups fortunately. I don't want European football handed to me, I want to earn it on the pitch. It really takes from the experience.

I've started the next season and added Isco (€20M), Depay (€15M) and Vilhena (Trade + €15M) to my squad. First 3 games I played Juventus, Napoli and Roma (WWD) and got 7 points, it should be a good one hopefully.

Starting to really like this game! That said, there's a chance I'll be here complaining about something in a day's time. :LOL:

Hello new on here, does anyone know if it would be possible to add the option for add guest user for online matches, also anyone know if it is going to be possible to purchase real kits and names on the ps4 is will it never be possible cheers

Hello new on here, does anyone know if it would be possible to add the option for add guest user for online matches, also anyone know if it is going to be possible to purchase real kits and names on the ps4 is will it never be possible cheers

Welcome! yeah you can invite friends for friendly games by starting your own match room. There is an Invite option in there. No, you can't buy kits and if it ever became possible to add kits in the game on PS4, you shouldn't have to pay for it unless you donate.

Anyone with the version of PS4 could send some files to the user -inMortal-?

Need some files from that version to add lighting.

PM me.

PD: Is for PC MOD. TY.

Ok, so I need some help from the experts, PES 15 experts that is. For some odd reason I am losing mostly every online match. VS the CPU I do fine even on Superstar level but online it's mostly a loss. Here's what's up. There is zero lag. No button delay. But for some lame reason my team just feels sluggish in every online match. Even super teams like Real, Barca, Bayern etc feel sluggish, slow, seems like if I try to pass around my passes are just feeling poor. Offline, any team I play with feels fine. Good responsivness, fluid passing but online its a different story. Something is just not right here. My opponents (All Japanese) so far are doing fine. They are able to pass around instantly ..ping pong if you will but my players are just not behaving on the pitch like they should be. I tried speed settings not sure if this counts for online..but tried -1, 0 ..1+ same shit. And stamina is not the problem as I see green bars all around also I start to press and really run when opponent comes near goal but online so far feels sluggish. No lag or stuttering or nothing like that just this weird feelings of my players not running, or doing anything the right way. Even keeper takes forever to run from the goal and run after apposing players striker....

So maybe klashman, Jimmy-G-Force and others can chime in....Id also like some tutorial from you experts how to properly play this game in a "smart" tactical way.

Thanks

This is normally what i do.

When defending,
1. Use left stick when defending to get players go back soon..
2. Use R2 occassionally to contain opponents near our box..
3. Try to read where the opponent want to pass and cut it..
4. When you want to pressure the opponent (man to man) at least get the ball.. or get their feet. :SMUG:
5. If opponent is about to in one on one with GK, adjust triangle to rush out our earlier gk before the monitor screen displays him (the GK)

for attacking,
1. See your off the ball player often and their movement..
2. Don't be afraid of having long range shot..
3. Less sprint

Are there really a lack of fouls committed by the CPU? As in, is it pretty egregious? If so, that might be a deal breaker for me. I absolutely can't stand that in a football game. PES 2014 was bad enough in that regard. It's hilarious that WE:9 LE has a more balanced foul system than PES 2015 does.

Are there really a lack of fouls committed by the CPU? As in, is it pretty egregious? If so, that might be a deal breaker for me. I absolutely can't stand that in a football game. PES 2014 was bad enough in that regard. It's hilarious that WE:9 LE has a more balanced foul system than PES 2015 does.

i think it's not necessary about how many fouls but if it's possible for CPU to do foul.

However, if i just sprint carelessly and cpu use his body, tackles, to dispossess me and it turns out very less foul outcome from that situation.

But, if we are more creative with sprint and turns, then they are more prone to do foul.

I my self don't want to see 10-20 fouls in 10-15 mins match. Disturbing flow of the match.

Back
Top Bottom