PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'm currently completely unable to play online. The game will scan for a player very briefly, then suddenly pop up with a message saying 'Unable to connect to opponent'. It doesn't even seem to try - it's like some sort of brick wall is hit when checking my connection, and then it cancels out.

I've set my port forwarding up on my router, so it can't be that. Any ideas / links to people elsewhere that have solved this problem?

(UK, disc version, so it's not the US digital problem!)

This happens to me occasionally. I usually pull the Ethernet cable out of the PS4 and then plug it back in and it does the job. Or I reset the router completely and restart the PS4.

It's annoying though, I'll grant you that.

I know you weren't. I'm just adding this issue to your list ;)

And the issue isn't with my keeper. It's the CPU's keeper that never comes out.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Would be good if the keeper came out aggressively and made himself big.

I think PES 2015 could be a great game if the following is improved/fixed through the patching process:

I am afraid that so many changes wil not better the game. We have seen in the past that the game will be worse. They explained it to us: A small change on a certain place can have unwanted concequences at another place in the game.
Sofar the game is great, let them try to improve your points for PES 2016, than they have all time to improve those points without spoiling other ( good ) things.

- Stamina, in any mode, on any setting, under any playing style, depletes too quickly. Forces me to makes subs to replace the most exhausted players rather than for tactical reason.
I do not agree with this. The depletion of the stamina is mainly caused because people use the sprint button and the press button too much.
IRL teams are not able to play pressing during the whole game, nor can they play full speed all the time, not even Chelsea :D
So, just try to handle the stamina with good use of the sprint and press button.
And indeed, somewhere in the 2nd halve you need to substitute some tired players, but isn't that also the case in real football?

+1 to everything Han just said.

I would fear if they tried to change anything fundamental now.

The stamina hasn't been an issue for me yet after 10 games in League mode because [a] I am trying NOT to press for the entire match I'm subbing players (hell the commentary team even give you clues about it) and [c] I'm rotating like most modern managers do.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Would be good if the keeper came out aggressively and made himself big.

i guarantee the reason the keeper stick to his line is because that was the quickest and simplest solution to the attacker chipping perfectly over a keeper that has come off his line ;)

i guarantee the reason the keeper stick to his line is because that was the quickest and simplest solution to the attacker chipping perfectly over a keeper that has come off his line ;)

Could be, yea, instead of making effective chip shots rather difficult like they are in real life.

Something to add to list: CPU shooting, always low or mid height shots. Often to low corners. No overpowered or over the bar shots

I think in general, CPU doesn't make any mistakes at all in any aspect of the game. even on superstar i'd expect a shot wide of the target every now and then...

The stamina system isn't terrible but it could be a little less severe. Playing with Bayern in the CL, most matches by the 80th minute I have 3-4 players on zero stamina, which to me is a bit unrealistic - it's not as if professional footballers have zero left in the tank at the end of a match, even after 120 minutes.

I think PES 2015 could be a great game if the following is improved/fixed through the patching process:

- Input lag. Noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball.
- Stamina, in any mode, on any setting, under any playing style, depletes too quickly. Forces me to makes subs to replace the most exhausted players rather than for tactical reason.
- Nowhere near enough fouls by the CPU.
- The delayed yellow card system still doesn’t work properly.
- Most tackles by the user, no matter how minor, are automatically a booking or worse.
- Lack of injuries.
- Shot velocity needs to be toned down a little bit.
- CPU doesn’t shoot from distance.
- Player switching is unreliable at times.
- Strikers on a breakaway all of a sudden slow to a crawl when approaching the box.
- Editing mode is a shadow of its former self.
- Goalkeeper positioning and animations still need work.
- Keepers punch too many crosses, a lot of which go straight to a CPU player at the top of the box for an easy volley.
- Attackers are too often pretty unresponsive and useless on loose balls in the box.
- Too often, teammates shy away from the ball when building an attack.
- Still too much reliance on super-cancel, especially when receiving a pass.
- Shadows on some pitches are still too dark.
- Still way too many insignificant cutscenes during gameplay.

+2

and biggest bug for me - no difference from Terry full sprint to Robbens .

I agree that stamina should be a bit less severe, but I really enjoy the new system. It's great whew you win matches without the need to spam the sprint button all the time.

The stamina system isn't terrible but it could be a little less severe. Playing with Bayern in the CL, most matches by the 80th minute I have 3-4 players on zero stamina, which to me is a bit unrealistic - it's not as if professional footballers have zero left in the tank at the end of a match, even after 120 minutes.

Agreed. Severe is a good word. It's a good system that just needs a little tweak.

- Input lag. Noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball.
- Nowhere near enough fouls by the CPU.
- The delayed yellow card system still doesn’t work properly.
- Most tackles by the user, no matter how minor, are automatically a booking or worse.
- Lack of injuries.
- Shot velocity needs to be toned down a little bit.
- CPU doesn’t shoot from distance.
- Player switching is unreliable at times.
- Strikers on a breakaway all of a sudden slow to a crawl when approaching the box.
- Editing mode is a shadow of its former self.
- Goalkeeper positioning and animations still need work.
- Keepers punch too many crosses, a lot of which go straight to a CPU player at the top of the box for an easy volley.
- Attackers are too often pretty unresponsive and useless on loose balls in the box.
- Too often, teammates shy away from the ball when building an attack.
- Still too much reliance on super-cancel, especially when receiving a pass.
- Shadows on some pitches are still too dark.
- Still way too many insignificant cutscenes during gameplay.

Totally agree! In addition to these I would also like to point out few very critical problems:

- Too few camera options. Right now the only playable setting is "Blimp" which shows both sidelines. It's the only setting where you can coordinate attacks and pressing tactically. However, "Blimp" is unnecessarily too much zoomed out and its very hard to shoot accurately with manual shooting because everything is so small. There should be something between "Blimp" and "Wide".

- You can't change direction of pass/shot after powered up. This is a very big problem for manual players, but not so big problem for assisted players.

- Manual heading is broken from corners or crosses. I have tested even heading with L2 (manual arrow). It always goes wide by the near corner even I was aiming to the far corner. However, it depends little bit where you kick the corner, near or far post.

- Intercepting passes is sometimes hard. Too many times the defenders will just stand and watch the ball roll slowly about 0-1 meters away from them even they could easily get them. Also many times when the opponent makes the pass and the ball goes directly to my defenders feet, my defender will make the "reach animation" to the ball, so the ball just rolls under defenders testicles.

- Goalkeeper doesn't come out with Y/triangle if my defender is too close to the opponent's through ball, because my defender starts powering up the through ball pass. There is a workaround on this with super cancel, stopping my defender running, and then pressing the Y/triangle again. Sometimes it's too late for this and the opponent attacker reaches first.

- We need 120hz mode for this game. It will help with the input lag. This 2014, not 2009.

OK so many of the problems I found out is noticed in the full manual gameplay. For example all of my friends play with full manual, because that's what makes this game really football and not ping pong. I feel this game was made for assisted players, not for manual players, which is a real shame.

Player awareness is a disgrace, just conceded a goal where my keeper saves and the ball rolls right by my CBs and they ignore it allowing the striker to get in an rebound it in. Why the fuck do my forwards turn back when I through ball right behind them? Wasting chances constantly. PES 2014 all over again, what a disappointment.

- Manual heading is broken from corners or crosses. I have tested even heading with L2 (manual arrow). It always goes wide by the near corner even I was aiming to the far corner. However, it depends little bit where you kick the corner, near or far post.

I am a full manual player, and I don't have that problem, I can aim precisely. My main problem on corner kicks is that I always aim to the defender near the corner :confused: Nothing close to PES 2014 where the manual headers where totally broken - out of 100 games, I may had score 2 headers-
Regarding your problem, did you try with different timings for the direction input ?

- Intercepting passes is sometimes hard. Too many times the defenders will just stand and watch the ball roll slowly about 0-1 meters away from them even they could easily get them. Also many times when the opponent makes the pass and the ball goes directly to my defenders feet, my defender will make the "reach animation" to the ball, so the ball just rolls under defenders testicles.

Did you try with "auto tackle" on ? It may help the defenders awareness :)

if the CPU is through on your goal, and you press triangle to bring your keeper out, the CPU will chip him every single time, guaranteed goal!!!!

this video shows it happened to me 7 times across 2 matches last night (i was purposely letting the CPU through so i could bring the keeper out - my defending wasn't actually that bad ;)

YouTube - SHAREfactoryâ„¢_201411170113*

-360 movement, it's 2014.
-decent, not good, collision system as the actual one is terrible.
-full player control, who gives a fuck if Robben looks like Robben if you can't do what Robben does with the ball? Player control is so limited.
-player awareness that works, no more retards ignoring the ball to let the AI score
-no scripting
-it would be nice if the AI wouldn't exploit through balls.

Maybe in PES 2024.

May I ask those who think it's good, what is it about it that you like about it?

I'd score it a generous 5/10.

if the CPU is through on your goal, and you press triangle to bring your keeper out, the CPU will chip him every single time, guaranteed goal!!!!

this video shows it happened to me 7 times across 2 matches last night (i was purposely letting the CPU through so i could bring the keeper out - my defending wasn't actually that bad ;)

YouTube - SHAREfactoryâ„¢_201411170113*

I agree that GK's are too close to the line, but mate, this is no bug. If a striker is walking with the ball with complete control, with no opposition and all of a sudden the GK comes off the line like a maniac, off course you would chip the ball over him every time. It's the more effective way to score.

I've no problem bringing the keeper out - had a few great saves in fact - you just need to bring him when the striker does not have possession yet; has yet but he's running, so no full control; or when he is under pressure.

Try it in those circumstancies and you will see that bringing the keeper out is effective and realistic.

The game's okay and I'm enjoying it but I can't pretend that I think it's some kind of majestic football game.

One thing that really bothers me is the shooting, which is far too simplistic (physics-wise). Vice-versa, the only thing that really stands out as being truly fulfilling is close-control (passing is great too but it still feels like collecting passes is on-rails).

Everything else fits into some kind of middle-average.

Last edited:
Can you set somewhere to always play on the same stadium with same settings? Or do you have to change that every time?

Talking about myClub home games :)

The game's okay and I'm enjoying it but I can't pretend that I think it's some kind of majestic football game.

One thing that really bothers me is the shooting, which is far too simplistic (physics-wise). Vice-versa, the only thing that really stands out as being truly fulfilling is close-control (passing is great too but it still feels like collecting passes is on-rails).

Everything else fits into some kind of middle-average.

Totally agree. You've summed up my feelings about the game very well. In truth I find everything about it to be simplistic. It's an average game and far from what I expect of a "next-gen" title.

For those of you not seeing Gotze in my club, you still have to sign him. He's available in the top agent section, doesn't cost anything

Not there for me.

In my 'library' on the main Playstation bar I go to 'games' and I see 1 add on. I click on it and choose 'download'. It shows 'PES 2015: my club DLC with Mario Goetze' but it shows '0b' for the file size. I check the box and hit 'download' and it gives me an error (CE-37700-7).

Maybe this means the content didn't download properly? Can I delete and reinstall the game? Would that work?

Back
Top Bottom