PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I got all my pre-order bonus yesterday. Got Sergio Ramos, Ibra and Goetz, plus a lot of money!

Loving the game on superstar -1, 15 minutes. Playing ML with Betis and games has been fantastic! Now we just need more stadiums and a better edit for next year.

4OowbIsmYHbpu.gif

Just playing with random teams at mo.
I was City and beat Arsenal 4-1 - One thing id like changed is that Arsenals goal was a consolation in 80th min. Id like the player who scored to go and get the ball, not celebrating like he had scored a winning goal.

That's a great point. Then there's the rather silly celebration with a bunch of players jumping up and down and flimsily flapping their wrists and brushing finger tips with the crowd.

When has that ever happened in real life?

Loving this game now! I lost 5 MyClub matches in a row and was ready to throw the towel in. I think my major problem was holding the sprint button and going to gung-ho with my play! Football isnt played like that though and so I decided to take a different approach. A football approach to the game. A game whereby I started to keep possession of the ball and pass it around more creating space for my players. I also for the most part took my finger of the sprint button. Watch football folks. Do players really run about crazy or do they canter more than run? Even when you play yourself and with others how are games played out?

Stop sprinting so much. Take your finger of that sprint button. You can dribble much better not holding that button. Use the RB button to shift the ball. Pass more. Create space. Use the sprint button to burst past players. Take your time and measure your play and you will be heavily rewarded just like real life.

Since this new approach I have won 3 games on the bounce and the last one with 73% possession.

This game is immense. The training mode is brilliant also and will teach you a lot.

Good to hear that.

That doesn't come out right.

I meant good to hear that injuries are there. Halfway through my first season with Cardiff, no injury yet.

I think its because with Inter i have europa league so my players need constant rotation.

I have league, europa and 2 legged cup ties, its taking its toll, Do you do many skill moves and dribble a lot since thats how they both got injured from slide tackles by the CPU?

I have seeon 0% scripting, playing on superstar and full manual. an absolute joy to play when you work out hw this game needs to be played.

There is scripting and cheating, without a doubt. Its subtle but its there, the AI go into a god mode at times, i played a match vs Liverpool about 25 times Saturday night and every game they got all these cheese goals and my players seem to refuse to score at times.

I managed to beat them in extra time in the end, but with the form arrows you will see a lot of cheese this year.

Just playing with random teams at mo.
I was City and beat Arsenal 4-1 - One thing id like changed is that Arsenals goal was a consolation in 80th min. Id like the player who scored to go and get the ball, not celebrating like he had scored a winning goal.

Stuff like that seems to move further away from being in context in PES each year. Every match I lose has cut scenes of devestated players, looking like they just lost the CL final, even if it's a league game and the loss were obvious for a good part of the match.

The commentators spent a good while the other night marveling at the epicness of an ugly-ass scramble poke goal I scored.

While the commentary has always had odd stuff like that, the cut scenes used to be a lot more logical a good while back.

here's something quite annoying that i found.

in game you press up or down on the d-pad to change your formation (say to defensive or custom). the ball goes out of play and it changes, when you then go to the game plan to tweak your line-up it only shows for your starting formation (offensive) so you can't actually change who plays in what position without having to go across the game plan menu and remembering who plays where in the other formation!

You can change the defensive or custom tactics. Just go to game plan, tactical options. Is the second to last. You can edit positions, etc.

Funny you write the bold parts in one post. Did it not come to your mind that the keeper appeared slow, because the shot was that fast?
I have no problems at all with the keepers. They are equally fast as in real live.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can change the defensive or custom tactics. Just go to game plan, tactical options. Is the second to last. You can edit positions, etc.

Yes. but if i want to make a substitution after I have changed to one of these in-game i can only do that on the 'line up' page which displays the starting tactic and not the tactic I have changed to

Funny you write the bold parts in one post. Did it not come to your mind that the keeper appeared slow, because the shot was that fast?
I have no problems at all with the keepers. They are equally fast as in real live.

Don't feed the troll. That's Dryzer and banned a few times before.

Yes. but if i want to make a substitution after I have changed to one of these in-game i can only do that on the 'line up' page which displays the starting tactic and not the tactic I have changed to

The lineup page applies to all the tactics. It always shows the main formation, but its basically a 1 to 11 position regardless of tactics.
Ex: Main formation 4-3-3 and the costum is 4-4-2. The last two players on the main (RW and CF) will became both CF's on your costum one.

So you change them on the line up page and see if they are in the right position on the costum tactics.

How do you get players around you to make forward runs when you have possession of the ball?

Really liking Pro Evo this year not played it since Henry was on the front all those years ago!

i have turned on manual player control or whatever the setting is near the bottom of the pad settings. Then when one player has the ball press left button and right stick towards the player, you can now make him run in any direction. i think if it is set to assisted you do the same action but it will only run in straight lines eg you have no control

The lineup page applies to all the tactics. It always shows the main formation, but its basically a 1 to 11 position regardless of tactics.
Ex: Main formation 4-3-3 and the costum is 4-4-2. The last two players on the main (RW and CF) will became both CF's on your costum one.

So you change them on the line up page and see if they are in the right position on the costum tactics.

I understand this as this is what i'm complaining about. it's very poor implementation.

the formation on the lineup page shuld change depending on what ingame tactic you are using.

I understand this as this is what i'm complaining about. it's very poor implementation.

the formation on the lineup page shuld change depending on what ingame tactic you are using.

But then you would have the same problem as last few years. Having to change every single formation (now you have 9, 3 each for main, defensive and costum) every time you change a player. Ex: Sub Piqué (Right CB) for Vermaelen (left foot), now you just change Mascherano (Left CB) for Vermaelen and their in a correct position for all formations.

I prefer the new system. But I would like for us to have "override" option in a particular formation that would not affect the line up page, having only effect in that particular formation. Would be the best of both worlds IMO.

I think PES 2015 could be a great game if the following is improved/fixed through the patching process:

- Input lag. Noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball.
- Stamina, in any mode, on any setting, under any playing style, depletes too quickly. Forces me to makes subs to replace the most exhausted players rather than for tactical reason.
- Nowhere near enough fouls by the CPU.
- The delayed yellow card system still doesn’t work properly.
- Most tackles by the user, no matter how minor, are automatically a booking or worse.
- Lack of injuries.
- Shot velocity needs to be toned down a little bit.
- CPU doesn’t shoot from distance.
- Player switching is unreliable at times.
- Strikers on a breakaway all of a sudden slow to a crawl when approaching the box.
- Editing mode is a shadow of its former self.
- Goalkeeper positioning and animations still need work.
- Keepers punch too many crosses, a lot of which go straight to a CPU player at the top of the box for an easy volley.
- Attackers are too often pretty unresponsive and useless on loose balls in the box.
- Too often, teammates shy away from the ball when building an attack.
- Still too much reliance on super-cancel, especially when receiving a pass.
- Shadows on some pitches are still too dark.
- Still way too many insignificant cutscenes during gameplay.

Question: been following some bloke on how to do prem kits. He has options for a 3rd kit with City and Everton. How is this possible? It's for ps4 but I don't have it on my game?

But then you would have the same problem as last few years. Having to change every single formation (now you have 9, 3 each for main, defensive and costum) every time you change a player. Ex: Sub Piqué (Right CB) for Vermaelen (left foot), now you just change Mascherano (Left CB) for Vermaelen and their in a correct position for all formations.

I prefer the new system. But I would like for us to have "override" option in a particular formation that would not affect the line up page, having only effect in that particular formation. Would be the best of both worlds IMO.

fair point. i guess that's why the change was made....

don't like it!

I'm currently completely unable to play online. The game will scan for a player very briefly, then suddenly pop up with a message saying 'Unable to connect to opponent'. It doesn't even seem to try - it's like some sort of brick wall is hit when checking my connection, and then it cancels out.

I've set my port forwarding up on my router, so it can't be that. Any ideas / links to people elsewhere that have solved this problem?

(UK, disc version, so it's not the US digital problem!)

I think PES 2015 could be a great game if the following is improved/fixed through the patching process:

- Input lag. Noticeable delay between pressing the button and the player actually releasing the ball.
- Stamina, in any mode, on any setting, under any playing style, depletes too quickly. Forces me to makes subs to replace the most exhausted players rather than for tactical reason.
- Nowhere near enough fouls by the CPU.
- The delayed yellow card system still doesn’t work properly.
- Most tackles by the user, no matter how minor, are automatically a booking or worse.
- Lack of injuries.
- Shot velocity needs to be toned down a little bit.
- CPU doesn’t shoot from distance.
- Player switching is unreliable at times.
- Strikers on a breakaway all of a sudden slow to a crawl when approaching the box.
- Editing mode is a shadow of its former self.
- Goalkeeper positioning and animations still need work.
- Keepers punch too many crosses, a lot of which go straight to a CPU player at the top of the box for an easy volley.
- Attackers are too often pretty unresponsive and useless on loose balls in the box.
- Too often, teammates shy away from the ball when building an attack.
- Still too much reliance on super-cancel, especially when receiving a pass.
- Shadows on some pitches are still too dark.
- Still way too many insignificant cutscenes during gameplay.

this is 100% correct, but despite this we still have a really good enjoyable game, that's a victory in itself

Back
Top Bottom