PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Anyone to who wants some pitch variation during master league rather than the blinding sun shine just change pitch to wet; grass much more realistic.

My bad: It actually doesn't change anything. Would be good if they allowed us to choose playing conditions.

Anybody think this plays like an evolved pes 2011. Lovely game thus far.

Last edited:
Anyone to who wants some pitch variation during master league rather than the blinding sun shine just change pitch to wet; grass much more realistic.

Oh god I have to play with it set to night. Any time I am forced to play during the day when it's pitch black in the real world my eyes slowly start to die.

Also the pitches with shadows on are a real nightmare.

Every year the shadows in PES games are a bit too dark. Sometimes I wonder if the chaps who make these games actually play them.

Yeah, I concur that. Some of the pitches need to be more, how to put it, green; old Trafford pitch during day setting, beautiful. I have twiddled with my tv settings; managed to get it looking decent regarding pitch colour. Shouldn't have to of course...

Game is so dreamy on manual passing and shooting. Love it!

Also playing with old classic pes ball looks a beauty when passing spinning over the pitch.

Last edited:
Yeah, I concur that. Some of the pitches need to be more, how to put it, green; old Trafford pitch during day setting, beautiful. I have twiddled with my tv settings; managed to get it looking decent regarding pitch colour. Shouldn't have to of course...

Game is so dreamy on manual passing and shooting. Love it!

Also playing with old classic pes ball looks a beauty when passing spinning over the pitch.

Agreed. Anyway to make the game remember the ball, stadium selections and settings? Everytime I start a new game, it reverts back to the defaults:CONF:

Defensive awareness need some work, especially in counter-attacks. Players don't seem to know what to do, or when they are in a good position they failed to compensate their colleagues. There's a bit of a lack of "help defence" (basketball term). Also defenders stay too fixed to their zone, don't recognizing gaps among the defensive line. At some point every zone defence becomes man defence.

Here's an extreme example that happen to me:

YouTube - PES2015 [PC] - Defensive awareness need some work [Superstar dificulty]
Very important match! Lost 2-3, this was the 1-1 goal. I was behind Real 4 points (Playing league mode) in the final fixture of 1st half of the league. Now I'm at 7 points. Tough to come back...

In a counter-attack, Modrić get the ball with a lot of real estate, given that both Xavi and Dani Alves were really high up the pitch. I let him go forward – I’m controlling Mascherano - and try to avoid a through ball to Cristiano Ronaldo. The rest of my defence does not come to my help. They simple stay in the opposite side of the pitch, to the point that 4(!) guys are around Benzema, leaving Mascherano (Me) to either choose to stop the passing lane to Ronaldo or try to pursue Modrić. Basically a Lose-Lose situation,

Konami needs to focus on improving defensive awareness. It’s not broken, but still need some significant improvements.

Ok made my mind up im keeping pes and trading in fifa - the game is great and keeps you coming back.

Some points though

Keepers need improving - ive headed a couple back to the keeper and screemed pick it up and thwy just let it go for a corner
Needs more fouls - even though i had six in one match it has now dried up again
Superstar level im seeing similar AI goals..pass in the box and then turn and curl into bottom corner but that might be my defending trying to get out of FIFA mentality

I also notice that when your clear it it rarely clears the AI defenders, they always seem to be perfectly placed --not sure if thats good or bad

I might drop down to top player..

Im an offline player so the leagues and custom cups are fine for me

Ok made my mind up im keeping pes and trading in fifa - the game is great and keeps you coming back.

Some points though

Keepers need improving - ive headed a couple back to the keeper and screemed pick it up and thwy just let it go for a corner
Needs more fouls - even though i had six in one match it has now dried up again
Superstar level im seeing similar AI goals..pass in the box and then turn and curl into bottom corner but that might be my defending trying to get out of FIFA mentality

I also notice that when your clear it it rarely clears the AI defenders, they always seem to be perfectly placed --not sure if thats good or bad

I might drop down to top player..

Im an offline player so the leagues and custom cups are fine for me

Nope. I am struggling with that also. I have tried tweaking my defensive settings several times and so far I have managed to only get it down so that the shot on the turn is parried by my keeper (which more often than not ends up as a rebound goal)

I think the defensive compactness might help it somehow but I haven't figured it out yet.

On top player they do it less. Its actually more enjoyable because the CPU will actually make the odd passing mistake rather than seeing Sheffield Wednesday have laser guided pinpoint passing on superstar

How do you make players make forward runs of the ball? Do you have to use the right stick or something like that? If I hold either L2 or R2 I think it is when my player has possession I see some arrows appear around my player, is that something to do with it?

Cheers

Liam

Some guy reviewed PES stating it was more satisfying in defeat than Fifa in victory... I'll take 5 of whatever he was smoking.

PES is ten times as frustrating as Fifa in defeat. Most games I lose in the last play of the match having outplayed the opposition. So many chips and no goals that leave you thinking 'I'll give you that one, what a goal'. All little passes which keepers can't save for their lives. The guy at Smyths was doing me a favour.

And my God that stamina system...

Hope it grows on me.

I brought the game on Friday,,loving it!but I have not been able to play a single game online on any mode?I'm in the uk and on talk talk fibre.is there something I'm doing wrong?please help.
Thanks

Last edited:
I downloaded the game from PSN and Mario Goetze was supposed to show up in myclub, but he's not there. Anyone know why and how to rectify?

Thanks in advance.

Had 2 issues so far. Saved the replays and sending them to Adam. The lack of fouls is killing me. CPU blatantly fouls me every time and nothing given. I'll show one here later.

The whole foul system in this years game is FUBAR. Lack of fouls, too many yellow cards for minor offenses, broken delayed card system...

Back
Top Bottom