PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I don't know about you all but I'm getting absolutely hammered by the CPU AI every game. 10 min games and almost 12 games so far between league and CL, lost 10, drawn 1 and won 1. I concede and average 3 goals per game. I actually think CPU is too direct and precise they're too lethal.

Really enjoying this though and it plays better than the demo. Ball physics has improved in retail as well. CL games are marvelous.

Here's a video I uploaded playing against Liverpool in CL. Mignolet pulled off a great save.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2015_20141116012406

Superstar is superb. Each game a challenge.

Whats everyones thoughts on the game speed? Not changed it yet.

I play on -1. Feels so natural. Get to see all the animations nicely too.

Last edited:
Bought my PS4 copy in Smyths (Ireland) today. Just got home. Put the disk in. "Unsupported Disk". What? Clicked it. "PS3 games not supported". What? Took the disk out. The idiot put a PS3 version in the PS4 case. And now I can't play. Fuck you.

Had the same problem on the demo till I started slowing my game down. I agree though the AI needs to be more brash

I definitely need to slow my game down - I'm very much still in FIFA mode!

I don't know about you all but I'm getting absolutely hammered by the CPU AI every game. 10 min games and almost 12 games so far between league and CL, lost 10, drawn 1 and won 1. I concede and average 3 goals per game. I actually think CPU is too direct and precise they're too lethal.

Seriously? What difficulty are you playing?

On my first day with the game, after a few friendlies at lower difficulty levels, I jumped into a CL campaign on the highest difficulty (Superstar?) and made it into the knockout rounds.

I then decided to drop it down to the second highest difficulty (Top Player?) for another CL campaign, because though I was competitive on Superstar it wasn't easy to learn the intricacies of the game, but I'm finding zero challenge in it, keeping clean sheets easily and scoring 2-3 goals per match. And I assure you - I suck at this game, probably hitting the buttons 50% of the time as if I'm playing FIfA!

This game is fucking great!

I will post my "review" (lol) in a few days - still only have the demo (PC), but I’m playing now the full game. My friend loan me his laptop for the weekend, he has a trip with his gf's :) - but I can assure you that the stamina system is really great. I tested a lot.

For all people that have stamina depletion problems, I've a few tips that work like a charm for me:

1-When using fluid formation put your forwards, star players in more or less the same position in each tactics. For example, Messi with me does not defend at all; I put him really high up the field when out of possession. Busquets has the same position in all schemes. Always finishes the games with 40% energy, despite being super participative (he’s a slow guy, and he needs to be back in counter-attacks). You have to choose which player will be doing the dirty work. For me is Rakitic, because I know I’ve Xavi on the bench and Alba and Alves because they have great stamina stats (although they finnish the game at zero). My three forwards (Suárez, Neymar and Messi) barely track back, so they normally end games with 15/20, despite being super actives when attacking.

2- Don't use one-two mindless. Unless you want the player to be active up front in that play. Otherwise you are just burning him without having an impact.

3- Don't use the L1 plus right sitck to send a player forward unless you want him to have the ball or want him to just be a dummy runner to fool the opposition and open passing lanes. Be smart with it. For example don't send Alves 6 times up, he will be burnt at 50 minutes.

4- When the CPU is passing the ball in the defence for 5 in-game minutes, don't try to pressure like crazy. This is one of the few "bugs" this year. You barely can do anything about it (its frustrating, I know). Just let them go forward and trap them there.

5- If you have a good bench player for a certain position, you can use the starter more widely, because you planning to use him just for 60m or so. Ex. You can force Müller, because you have Götze on the bench, and save Lewandowski, because Pizarro is not very good.

For me this has helped me a lot. I know that point 2 and 3 are in our DNA, being the thing that help us attacking against the CPU for so long in the previous PES', but this year is different and he need to adjust (for the better). Tactical knowledge is a must this year :)

I am getting smashed on superstar so i've just lowered it to top player

I definitely need to slow my game down - I'm very much still in FIFA mode!

Seriously? What difficulty are you playing?

On my first day with the game, after a few friendlies at lower difficulty levels, I jumped into a CL campaign on the highest difficulty (Superstar?) and made it into the knockout rounds.

I then decided to drop it down to the second highest difficulty (Top Player?) for another CL campaign, because though I was competitive on Superstar it wasn't easy to learn the intricacies of the game, but I'm finding zero challenge in it, keeping clean sheets easily and scoring 2-3 goals per match. And I assure you - I suck at this game, probably hitting the buttons 50% of the time as if I'm playing FIfA!
I must be shit then lol. I lowered to top playwr but i play on -1 speed and maybe that's making it harder.

Why does this game take so long to start? Establishing communication is just spinning and nothing's happening.
So annoying. I hate fifa but pop it in and play. Pes take an age

What I'm seeing on the PS4 list of activities among my friends, whoever plays the European version shows it as "XXX has played PES 2015".

Whereas for me, having the US version, it reads as "XXX has played Pro Evolution Soccer 2015."

Does this mean, in some bizarre way, that I can't invite the guy in question to play a friendly with me since he has "PES 2015" and I have "Pro Evolution Soccer 2015"?

Any Entrance or cut scenes on PS4 or Xbox one ? Does the Ai ever foul your players ? Has anyone had a penalty given to them yet for an Ai foul ?

Yes. Rarely, they also don't cross much even if a striker is alone in the box. Think I had once in the demo.

Just saw a video testing stats. Casillas and Ronaldo have the same dribble speed.

Yes to all, i can't understand all this complaints about fouls, i get about 4 to 6 fouls per match, been given many penalties too... :THINK:

I just played 4 Champions League matches on Top Player difficulty and didn't have ONE SINGLE foul by the CPU.

I myself see a good amount of fouls per game, but there's a real lack of aggression by the CPU, in both attack and defense, and it's a problem.

There's some wonderful football in this game, and it's a great, refreshing alternative to FIFA, but there's a few things that are hurting the experience. Most importantly, the CPU AI is just not aggressive enough.

In attack, some games the CPU will play way too conservatively with its pass decisions, with CPU players having the time and space to dribble or make a forward pass, but instead choosing to play square or backwards. When it's in the final third, the CPU is pretty good, though I've seen a few boneheaded decisions, but in buildup play, it's a problem.

Then in defense, like has been said the CPU rarely fouls. I also hardly see any CPU slide tackles. Again, it might be a problem with the CPU just not being aggressive enough.

Two other issues I've noticed: one, the AI has similar backline issues that FIFA has, with defenders sometimes not properly picking up attackers, allowing for easy through passes at times; and two, good god the goalkeeper throws are comical - they're throwing 50-yard bombs with ease!

Overall very pleased with the gameplay, and I love how after playing FIFA the little things matter so much while spamming cheap tactics and button mashing aren't viable. But there's a few issues that need to be patched.

I dont like the stats this year, some of them are ridiculous. Lukaku has 80 for ball control! I mean there are some really highly technical players at Barca and Barca B and in other leagues who barely get at 75 yet this guy who has the very worst first touch and technique i have seen in the last 5 years for a premiership level striker gets 80? Seriously? I thought this was a simulation. If they actually watched Lukaku it should rightly be somewhere between 65-70

I dont like the stats this year, some of them are ridiculous. Lukaku has 80 for ball control! I mean there are some really highly technical players at Barca and Barca B and in other leagues who barely get at 75 yet this guy who has the very worst first touch and technique i have seen in the last 5 years for a premiership level striker gets 80? Seriously? I thought this was a simulation. If they actually watched Lukaku it should rightly be somewhere between 65-70

Completely agree. That is a serious mistake about a very obvious shortcoming of a well known player.

What I'm seeing on the PS4 list of activities among my friends, whoever plays the European version shows it as "XXX has played PES 2015".

Whereas for me, having the US version, it reads as "XXX has played Pro Evolution Soccer 2015."

Does this mean, in some bizarre way, that I can't invite the guy in question to play a friendly with me since he has "PES 2015" and I have "Pro Evolution Soccer 2015"?

Welcome to my world. It's region locked.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2983124&postcount=10464

Yeah I read that, but didn't understand if it also meant when you personally send an invite to someone on your friend list...Guess I know now. :(

You cannot invite them anyway since the game is still using that awkward lobby system players have to join, as far as I know. Which brings the problem that YOU can only see US based servers for USA, Canada, Brazil & stuff (even though it says "EU" in front of them) while your buddies can only access lobbies based in Europe.

You cannot invite them anyway since the game is still using that awkward lobby system players have to join, as far as I know. Which brings the problem that YOU can only see US based servers for Canada, Brazil & stuff (even though it says "EU" in front of them) while your buddies can only access lobbies based in Europe.

Hm? I was able to set up a private match room and get to pick a friend from my friends list to invite. I mean, I never did it since this was the first day I got the game and no one else had it, but the option is there.

Hm? I was able to set up a private match room and get to pick a friend from my friends list to invite. I mean, I never did it since this was the first day I got the game and no one else had it, but the option is there.

Oh, didn't know that. Hmm. Gonna have to try that out with a buddy of mine, although I doubt it would work. That would only defeat the whole region lock issue.

Yes to all, i can't understand all this complaints about fouls, i get about 4 to 6 fouls per match, been given many penalties too... :THINK:

Same here, I am getting fair amount of fouls each game too. In the beginning I wasn't getting any and was committing a lot of fouls which resulted in Y &R cards but as I played more I am defending a lot better and getting fouled more often(Especially when making runs or dribbling)

Oh, didn't know that. Hmm. Gonna have to try that out with a buddy of mine, although I doubt it would work. That would only defeat the whole region lock issue.

Feel free to add me on PSN, i have an US game too. My PSN with PES is "PES-171"

Feel free to add me on PSN, i have an US game too. My PSN with PES is "PES-171"

Request sent. Played vs. another Brazilian dude earlier today, though, and the input lag on my end was pretty bad. As to be expected, unfortunately.

I shouldn't have to adjust my playing style to see more fouls, that makes no sense. With the exception of playing for a foul in specific situations in the final third, footballers aren't thinking "I'm going to play differently so that I get fouled more."

not sure about that, the other side of the coin is why would the ai foul you if there is no need to..out smarting your opponent leads to more fouls ..im only going off one game but that for me makes sense although it doesn't address cynical fouls

Really enjoying this though and it plays better than the demo. Ball physics has improved in retail as well. CL games are marvelous.

Here's a video I uploaded playing against Liverpool in CL. Mignolet pulled off a great save.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2015_20141116012406

You got it then lami Nice one, catch you later for a few games.

I play on professional now and -1 speed. Also assisted passing 1 bar and basic manual gives me a fighting chance

Bought my PS4 copy in Smyths (Ireland) today. Just got home. Put the disk in. "Unsupported Disk". What? Clicked it. "PS3 games not supported". What? Took the disk out. The idiot put a PS3 version in the PS4 case. And now I can't play. Fuck you.

My mom ended up going back and they gave her the Day One Edition :BY:

Back
Top Bottom