PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Hey - can you do online ranked 2v2?

On PES 2013 and (I think) PES 2014 you just used to go to Quick Match and then be able to add a guest user and it'd be 2v2 online ranked. Can't find this in PES 2015 and am getting worried as it's by far the best part about the game!

Has anyone with a US copy able to play against someone with an EU copy? I'm considering getting this from the US PSN store tomorrow.

Has anyone with a US copy able to play against someone with an EU copy? I'm considering getting this from the US PSN store tomorrow.

It does list us server in my lobby. I'm from GER!

edit: sorry, i was wrong! just european servers! EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, PT, EL, SV, NL, TR, RU, AR...

Last edited:
For me it's the best version since the old days. I've had 3 online games and they have been way better than any other online games i've had on all previous WE/PES. And regarding Football Kingdom, get Fernando translation patch.

Hey - can you do online ranked 2v2?

On PES 2013 and (I think) PES 2014 you just used to go to Quick Match and then be able to add a guest user and it'd be 2v2 online ranked. Can't find this in PES 2015 and am getting worried as it's by far the best part about the game!

Heck, even any kind of way for 2 people to play online using the same at all? Have to bump as can't believe this wouldn't be included in the game and am just hoping I'm being really stupid...

ladies and gentlemen the game sucks becauae online play is not PERFECT on a first day of the release. Don't buy the game. It sucks. It should of been perfect FROM DAY ONE....I am a loner, I dont have any friends or mates to play with so online is the most important thing to me.I need online so I can play with Ronaldo and Messi and do cut backs and score beautiful goals. But if online sucks then PES 15 sucks. I wish I had mates to play with because computer sucks..

Who the fuck is this clown

i noticed a difference in performance when playing online. myclub player vs player matches were laggy and slow. now i had a regular online friendly and it went smooth.... besides the online hickups that occur from time to time. (even not playing in any online mode but be connected to the internet/cause the game communicating for your points and stuff)! we both had them at the same time.

in myclub online the network signal strengh symbol appeared. it might have been the bad connection from the other user. just noticed it.

Yeah it was brilliant. The nice backspin on the ball too. On Superstar I had 38% of the ball vs Barca which seems realistic. Only thing I didn't like is that they pass the ball around all the time even when I'm not closing them down. I guess that was a rudimentary type of routine they set up for the AI and hopefully it's more refined for the final code?

Unfortunately it doesn't give me the satisfaction I expected.
For me it doesn't even seems to be a HD PES5. It lacks the consistency.
There are some brilliant ideas, but it's not coming together somehow.

I'm afraid, that this place will be full of frustration soon :/

I think this game still carries the bad things from it's not so glorious last 7 days.

- stamina system (tried accumulated fatigue in league mode, WTF, the player starts with their depleted stamina the game, after 5-6 games in the season, Messi starts with 20% off, he is unusable with 0 stamina left after 60 min.. without sprinting, pressing a lot)

- no fouls from CPU
- no slide tackles from CPU
- no crossing from CPU

- bad referees

- keepers not coming out enough to cover space in inside the box situations

- bad collision physics

- lack of stadia, licences

- crap commentary

Every year the same frustration, I hate it, I really hate it and I want to like it, but I had to switch off after forced 3-4 hours..

Some obvious things haven't been fixed for years:
- league mode WTF - 2 games home in a row, 2 games away (tried only in Spanish league) - ok, at least there is league mode

-every fucking dive is a yellow card, it should be implemented as it happens in real life, when there is sign of contact, no free kick should be awarded, and game should flow without card, only in very obvious situations should be awarded with yellow card

- before every throw ins, corners all players from both teams are always claiming like crazy, that it wasn't them who touched the ball last, even if there is no one inside 20 m distance. "helps" immersion.

and the list could go on and on and on..

where is coin toss? every fucking game starts with this, it's part of the game. Shouldn't be a big deal to mo-cap 3 scenes for it..

where are some generic small stadia to play in on Master Leage, 2nd divisions, etc.

Hey fellow PES fans.
Long time pes player and pes5 addict here, giving PES the chance it deserves this year, albeit only on 360 for now. So far i'm really enjoying it. Just finished a game as Empoli going down 2-3 to Roma. The flow felt great; early impressions are that Konami have got a good balance between sim and arcade with this years iteration.

Nice detail by Konami. Barcelona B can't promote to Liga BBVA, as it should be.

I've just started my Master League with fellow Catalan club UE Llagostera and had been wondering about this, good to hear they've done it right!

Anyone else noticed some odd player ability ratings bug in master league? There appears to be a couple of players with the same stats. There's a CMF for Helsinki called Heikila where every ability is 60 minus four abilities which are 80, one of these being goal keeping skills...

Then there's Carlos Edwards of Millwall, who has exactly the same stats as Heikila. So does Miguel Torres of Universitario. And Pierre of Caen. And Slijngard of Cambuur.

Looks like it's only gonna be a handful of players and it's in no way game breaking considering how many players we now have in the game but it must be a bug, hopefully fixable in an update. Unless it's only my master league, in which case :COAT:

Early impressions are pretty good. After being very dissatisfied with this year's FIFA, PES 2015's brand of football is refreshing.

On the other hand, from a technical standpoint this game feels pretty out-dated - it's a bit of an eye-sore after playing other recent releases, and I'm not just talking about FIFA.

It's a pleasant alternative to FIFA's hectic silliness this year though. Hopefully the good impressions aren't fleeting.

So just out or curiosity what is your plan moving forward ? I assume your done with the game...you won't play it no more...?

Really don't know mate. Last year I traded in for GTAV after a week or so. Maybe this year will be the same.

I liked the demo minus keeper issue mentioned above, but the full game started to show me more issues..

I will give it another go in the next days, I,'m glad you enjoy it.

Cheers

G'day mate are you playing on full manual?

Nah, just the default.

My qualms aren't with the passing (altho I notice it still moves around like a hockey puck), it's the general feeling with the ball at my feet.

There's just no fluidity to the game. I want to jink my body one way, then dart the other. The players should be on their toes, ready to move one way or the other. I'm not on about speed, the pace is fine, but a lack of spontaneity to take the opponent by surprise.

It's been like that since PES 14 and I don't know what they're trying to achieve. Just feels aimless. Even the AI is atrocious, after I went 1-0 up the CPU decided to passing around the backline for the remainder of the half. No logic to it, just a basic implementation of a passing style in an effort to inflate the possesion stat.

Perhaps the game is worth something online. It wouldn't let me on it earlier in the day, so will try again tomorrow and see if I can get something out of it.

My experience so far is that the game is very good, but the online is up to standards you would expect in 2004 not 2014, Takes forever to get a game in any mode.

I'm typing this as I'm on my 5th attempt at getting a divisions game, I'd be at half time on FIFA in the same amount of time, the way online gaming is so popular these days it really should be a priority but it seemingly isnt

Konami are also pretty poor with dealing with it, most big games these days will let followers know via twitter if there are issues or the servers are down, there hasnt been any communication regarding it as far as I'm aware of from them, which is terrible customer service

PS3 Demo impressions ...,

I played it a lot and the shooting is a tad overpowered, some of the passing is too quick when set to 3 or 4 bars, superhuman trapping on high bars too.

But all in all, I'm having a blast. Every game is ebb and flow against a human opponent, I only played a few vs. CPU.

It reminds me a little of PES6, you feel free-er (word? lol) with your options and can vary passes better than 2014, also the gamespeed is good. One thing I did notice was that crossing the ball seems to have been worked on as the feeling and angle needed for a good cross look way more natural than last year. I can't dribble though, any tips would be appreciated :D

I think if they tweak the shooting and make passes way less accurate on 2+ bars, this could be a killer game.

For me, anything up and above Zero Passing Assist, moved further away from the historic philosophy of PES. But, they have gone down the road of offering die hard simulation PES players what we want and crave. The option to have it as real as it gets.

Too many reasons to list.

But they have also gone for the casual arcade fan, with a strong emphasis on arcade but with classic PES traits in lesser measure.

R2 shots are less 'bankers' with more realistic error. Also, R2 shots are now dictated by the relevant situation. They produce chips and dinks, rather than justs the placed side-foot into the bottom corner. R2 Controlled shots from range, with power are much better, more variation and harder shot power. Also, we now have hard and low long range R2 shots. Nice.

R2 passes with L2 manual pass are vast in the available options.

R2 and X - Composed Pass - now has the option to hit much longer passes with power. But true to the game IRL, more power, even with the side of the boot, loses accuracy with added power. Class.

R2 and Circle for lofted pass, or dink without power, are the best for me. Love them

Early Cross option has gone on Zero Pass, much harder, but in previous PES games, a tad too accurate and glitch friendly.

R2 to side-step whilst held, followed by a direction and Double Sprint is brilliant and very realistic. More evident with Explosive Power and Speed players. As IRL.

The free entity, that of the new ball physics, is the best ever. And opens up so many new scenarios across every level.

Teams now have a very prominent feel with regards style of play. Tribute to the new tactical options, and Free Flow options and settings, and superb individuality in the players.

They have done this by adding another stat scoring indicator with the 3 Stat OVR. This shows the difference in strengths and weaknesses in detail. They also have really lowered the stats for all players in relevant areas. So you, more than ever, (on Zero Pass) need to use them to their full potential by doing what they do right.

Even the cream of the crop players have bigger hits, statwise, than ever before.

In the past, great players were good everywhere. Messi would win challenge by scripted outcomes via lucky bounce or run of the green, Messi won the battle in a challenge because he was Messi and an OVR rating higher than a giraffe on stilts.

Not now physicality and strength play the deciding factor, as the stat dictates.

Right enough for now, more to come....

And Sat, R2 works well, but hold right stick in a direction either before or after receipt of the ball, the push the left stick/pad in a direction as well. These are feints, body swerves, drag and rolls, and lots more. The feints are are player specific, more so with the players with cute quick feet and trick based stats. And most important in total relevance, is the direction you push the sticks, they are directional dictated feints.

So many body angles and freedom, speed injections, the ability to drift past players is gorgeous. Like IRL.

Glitch Pressure Defending has been addressed.

Keepers, so many more animations, coupled with a Free Ball entity make for a more realistic varied experience.

But, Dead Ball and FK options still the same shitty system. FFS, give us both options. Why change the system that was, IMO, for so many reasons, the best part of PES for me.

Last edited:
Seems silly in this day and age with a PS4 and an HDTV, but this game is just superb on 480p. Feels like the old PES games. Very easy to switch between 1080p and 480p on the PS4 too. You don't even have to exit the game.

Nah, just the default.

My qualms aren't with the passing (altho I notice it still moves around like a hockey puck), it's the general feeling with the ball at my feet.

There's just no fluidity to the game. I want to jink my body one way, then dart the other. The players should be on their toes, ready to move one way or the other. I'm not on about speed, the pace is fine, but a lack of spontaneity to take the opponent by surprise.

It's been like that since PES 14 and I don't know what they're trying to achieve. Just feels aimless. Even the AI is atrocious, after I went 1-0 up the CPU decided to passing around the backline for the remainder of the half. No logic to it, just a basic implementation of a passing style in an effort to inflate the possesion stat.

Perhaps the game is worth something online. It wouldn't let me on it earlier in the day, so will try again tomorrow and see if I can get something out of it.

I know exactly what you mean, its something i knew would be an issue however I'm still enjoying the game for embracing it for what it does and it does it well.

I love the you said players need to be on their toes, the issue is pes 2015 is a basic football game and not complex like pes 2011-2013 in its movement, players move at 3 speeds.

pace control/jockey - jog dribble - full sprint.

nothing in-between, just like 2014 but with more responsiveness.

The issue is spawned from the new physics and baycenter animations system on the fox engine. They are still trying to get everything to move in one piece with animations and they are still discovering the physics.

This is an important time for feedback because Konami's vision must be clear, they must not look to search for a new type of gameplay after pes 2015, they need to look at where they where with pes 2013 and make sure in time they recreate that game with all the new physics and animations they have now. The level of freedom in that game is still unprecedented and it hit a ceiling in terms of development because of the old engine.

Compared to 2015, pes 2013 had multi dynamic layers of movement,

pace control - L2 slow speed dribble - jog dribble - sprint burst (tap R1) - Sprint - full speed sprint Tap R1 repeatedly).

This perfectly replicated the reactive part of football.

PES 2013 recreated on the new fox engine should the end goal, they found out last year this is easier said than done at it will take time to understand the new tech and most important take time to build the level of responsiveness needed to happen before implementing the animations needed.

What pes 2015 does really well is recreate the chessmatch tactical and passing game element, its about tactics more than ever, even a little more than my beloved pes 2013 and 2011. You have to create your ideology in how you will play.

Back
Top Bottom