PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Some pics. Not the best quality (twitter)

B2MQllZIgAAKRDi.jpg:orig

B2MQp0jIIAIOjC2.jpg:orig

B2MQzfaIMAAyy1Q.jpg:orig

B2MTuAkIYAAuSu8.jpg:orig

Sometimes I wonder whether Konami want people to buy this game. Why on earth would you put an unlicensed team in a trailer? It's one of those things that push people away from PES.

Pes has about the same production values of duck-hunt on the old nintendo, when i see adam hyping the game and blocking people on twitter who critique the horrible production values it makes me laugh. Pes is truly a joke

Sometimes I wonder whether Konami want people to buy this game. Why on earth would you put an unlicensed team in a trailer? It's one of those things that push people away from PES.

I think the sort of people that view licenses as a deciding factor when buying a football game probably left PES a long time ago (if they were ever on side in the first place).

The old PES fans have simply been waiting for a decent game to come along, it's been quite a long time but providing Konami don't build a turd, we will come. The lack of licenses is a non-issue, when I think of PES think of;

- Irrelevant commentary
- Vaguely accurate team names
- Menus created in Paint
- A soundtrack featuring Balkan Eurovision contestants
- Good gameplay

If you take away the gameplay then the balance goes somewhat skewiff.

To be fair I saw my PS4 in an NSPCC advert the other day it's been neglected that much so I'm interested in seeing how things look for PES this generation. Hope it's not a load of guff.

I've got a CRAZY problem. I bought a digital PS4 copy.
Left the game downloading all night. When I check the info (18 hours later) it says the game's size is 20GB or something like that, but I cannot get past the SuperCup match. WTF?

It doesn't work my ps4 doesn't see his option file and when I copy his files to my back up it says this data belongs to another player we need a resigner

I posted a link here couple of days i ago workaround. Find it in posts i made using profile. My copy is coming tomorrow i will test that method i hope it works. Otherwise wait for proper workaround.

Left the game downloading all night. When I check the info (18 hours later) it says the game's size is 20GB or something like that, but I cannot get past the SuperCup match. WTF?

The game needs to fully download. Under the game tab(on the PSN interface)there is "information". Click on that it'll tell you how much it has downloaded so far.

I think the sort of people that view licenses as a deciding factor when buying a football game probably left PES a long time ago (if they were ever on side in the first place).

The old PES fans have simply been waiting for a decent game to come along, it's been quite a long time but providing Konami don't build a turd, we will come. The lack of licenses is a non-issue, when I think of PES think of;

- Irrelevant commentary
- Vaguely accurate team names
- Menus created in Paint
- A soundtrack featuring Balkan Eurovision contestants
- Good gameplay

If you take away the gameplay then the balance goes somewhat skewiff.

To be fair I saw my PS4 in an NSPCC advert the other day it's been neglected that much so I'm interested in seeing how things look for PES this generation. Hope it's not a load of guff.
I know that, but Konami is a company and therefore should be trying to increase PES' fan base. Things like this will put a lot of people off. Just imagine that trailer with Real Madrid instead of [whatever team it is]. 10 times better.
Just say for instance a Fifa player hears that PES 2015 is great and decides to take a look at the trailer? He'll most likely notice the unlicensed team and move on.
Less players = less money for Konami = less progress for PES.

I had that problem at 3am this morning. Left the PS4 on standby/rest, Went to work, came home and I was finally able to get into the game.

Bloody lovin' it too, especially playing with lower level teams like Town. Konami have improved the game since the demo. The ball physics is one area they've touched up. I've been getting some serious dip and curve on shots.

I have a few questions for the PS4 owners who have the game already.

1. How is the dynamic time? Does it work, does it even exist? It was in that one trailer.
2. Does the watered pitch/higher grass thing actually have any effect on the match and ball movement, etc, as they said it will. Same with rain.

1. I haven't seen any evidence of such a thing, so far.

2. Oh yes.

I know that, but Konami is a company and therefore should be trying to increase PES' fan base. Things like this will put a lot of people off. Just imagine that trailer with Real Madrid instead of [whatever team it is]. 10 times better.
Just say for instance a Fifa player hears that PES 2015 is great and decides to take a look at the trailer? He'll most likely notice the unlicensed team and move on.
Less players = less money for Konami = less progress for PES.

Thankfully PES isn't judged on its trailers because they've been terrible since time immemorial. The only time I have been genuinely hyped from a PES trailer was when the intro for PES2 was released (we will rock you). Most of them since have been overly convoluted going into minute detail for a minor feature that you won't really notice.

Admittedly they're not amazing at marketing the games, but a Fifa player ignoring the game based on a trailer could just as easily buy the game next year - it's not like there won't be one. This isn't the threat to PES, that has come and gone over the past few years where the core fanbase have become disengaged and have either skipped a few games or have moved to Fifa. Yet, despite this, they have seemingly been able to turn it around and release a decent game after all.

Some things are just set in stone, PES having fans despite all of Konami's PR peculiarities seems to be one of them

Right I've got my confirmation email of purchase! But none of the game has been downloaded some of you saying you have 4 gigs downloaded is there something wrong with mine???

Im pretty sure there will be more stadiuns coming in future DLCs... for now im gonna be honest im so disgusted about playing 90% of my league matches in the same stadiums that those 5 new stadiums will be great welcomed lol (specially the 2 generic ones)

One thing i was thinking the other day, konami says they cant have stadiums because of license fees and such, but than why dont they give us like 30 generic stadiums? They could cover lots of stadium styles (south americans, europeans, asians, africans) it would basically solve all our stadium problems if we could at least have lots of differnt generic stadiums.

Yep, good idea. I hope Konami does that in the future, while carrying out they're efforts to obtain licensed stadiums.

Hey guys has anyone tried reducing the sharpness on there tv to zero, cause after iv done that I get minimal stutter walking/running with ball animation. Been stable for 7hrs of constant play, I guess everyone has different experiences on different tvs. Despite a few issues I'm having, I have to admit it's a great game to play, individuality stands out a lot in his is years version,

Guys im on aussie psn store and it doesnt give me option to pre order, only option it gives me is to try demo, im prob doing something silly on my end, anyone else getting this?

Well my TV sharpness has always been 0.
How did you rate the game so far, mate? No particular game breaking mechanism, I hope?

Only issue I had as a gamebreaker was, when I beat my man from one end of the pitch goalside and I do a full sprint diagonally towards the other goal at times will get there without getting tackled. That's the only disappointing glitch I could find so far. Has happened quite a few times, which is concerning and I'm on superstar.

Last edited:
All they need to do in the next patch is increase defense awareness, if they can be a bit more aggressive towards the ball carrier cause I'm hardly getting fouled as well.

Ah okay. Considering how bad PES 14 was, if this is the only glitch you've found. I'd be very happy I think.

Can't wait to dip my toe in Master League..

Thanks bud!

Back
Top Bottom