PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Japan ver. does not have J.League (at least at the day one). According to previous titles, you have to pay extra money for the DLC.

Konami Japan has already posted the player data of WE 2015, no J. League inside.
http://www.konami.jp/we/2015/players/index.php

PS3/PS4 games in Japan are always selling at a higher price than those in Asia, not only WE2015.

Begs the rhetorical question then, why are some people like sabh paying almost double and wasting their money on the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 2015 if it's the same game the rest of the world is getting.:CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Begs the rhetorical question then, why are some people like sabh paying almost double and wasting their money on the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 2015 if it's the same game the rest of the world is getting.:CONFUSE:
Yeah, I don't get some people. Just get PES version, you'll enjoy it. You're just creating an issue from nowhere.

Is it overpowered though? All those goals are from positions where you'd expect a world class striker to score

Is it overpowered though? All those goals are from positions where you'd expect a world class striker to score

If the keeper bothered to actually stick his arm out, he would have saved at least a few of those(or come very close to doing so). In the video the keeper doesn't even attempt to save them with the correct movement/animation

Every year I buy both PES and WE. I can confirm to you that WE is the superior version in terms of fluidity and difficulty. I'm talking from experience. If you haven't played both games for considerable period, please don't knock me down without an argument.

I personally enjoy WE but in terms of option file support, PES is way ahead. These days I don't have time edit everything myself in WE. But WE is the real deal. Even WE9LE is way superior to the much lauded PES 5.

It's not the same game, Winning Eleven an PES always have subltle gameplay differences. Winning Eleven includes J-League and AFC.

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/20...emo-is-better-than-pro-evolution-soccer-demo/

I played the WE demo and the PES demo and couldn't tell the difference. Not saying there isn't but I couldn't figure it out. I know that WE use to be a better game than PES back in the PS2 days, probably because it came out a bit later and had more development time. But is that still the case these days when WE releases at the same time as PES.

Every year I buy both PES and WE. I can confirm to you that WE is the superior version in terms of fluidity and difficulty. I'm talking from experience. If you haven't played both games for considerable period, please don't knock me down without an argument.

I personally enjoy WE but in terms of option file support, PES is way ahead. These days I don't have time edit everything myself in WE. But WE is the real deal. Even WE9LE is way superior to the much lauded PES 5.

Can you explain that? From what Ive seen both have the exact same gameplay with the same problems like barely no fouls or crosses and weak ref AI.

Can you explain that? From what Ive seen both have the exact same gameplay with the same problems like barely no fouls or crosses and weak ref AI.

Look, the difference is not like that of FIFA and PES to notice instantly in one or two games (with FIFA, it's a matter of seconds). If you've been playing WE for a month and you go to PES, you will easily notice the difference.

The differences are in two areas as I mentioned. One - fluidity. The game is certainly more fluid in WE. By that I mean how the game moves. This also results in the game being slightly faster. And two - WE is certainly more difficult. Probably Konami thought the Japanese market is more demanding than Europe and US from a video game difficulty perspective. The results you get in PES are not possible in WE. No way higher difficulty AI can be thrashed like you can in PES.

Do the pitch options actually affect gameplay or are they a gimmick? I mean length of the grass and wet or dry conditions, more so the length of the grass.

I was curious about this and i set one game to high grass + dry, to me it looked like the ball was way slower when passing, like if it had more friction to the grass, wich is the case in a lot of real life Brazilian stadiums.

Can anyone confirm if we are able to determine pattern (like horizontal, checked, circle, diagonal etc) of the pitch ahead of the game?

Yes u can do that but in the edit mode for each team specifically

Also regarding the R2 shoot, imo its not overpowered, its just where it should be, for exemple playing with Falcao, if the defense let me shoot from the inside the box with a 91 finishing player it was almost an automatic goal like it should be, but when i tried the same kind of shoots with the brazilian league players i jsut cuoldnt hit them like that, most went outised or just in the middle of the goal, so for me as long its very dependable on the attributes im fine with it, players with high finnishing can indeed place the ball in the side netting in real life if given space and time. For me the R2 shoot is an aspect of this game that is way ahead of FIFA15, in fifa its barely imposible to score a curled low shot from outside the box, where in real life and in PES they can happen very often if in the right position and with the right player, for exemple this goal is impossible in fifa and very realistic in PES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMvg-tUbJg

Regarding passing, at least on Superstar the AI intercepts plenty of passes, evan more than i would like lol

Look, the difference is not like that of FIFA and PES to notice instantly in one or two games (with FIFA, it's a matter of seconds). If you've been playing WE for a month and you go to PES, you will easily notice the difference.

The differences are in two areas as I mentioned. One - fluidity. The game is certainly more fluid in WE. By that I mean how the game moves. This also results in the game being slightly faster. And two - WE is certainly more difficult. Probably Konami thought the Japanese market is more demanding than Europe and US from a video game difficulty perspective. The results you get in PES are not possible in WE. No way higher difficulty AI can be thrashed like you can in PES.

you know what, at first i thought it was nonsense, but now i remember playing the WE15 demo and i couldnt go harded than professional level LOL ... now with PES15 im playing in superstar... about fluidity, compared to WE15 demo , PES 15 full is more fluid than it, but offcourse we would need to compare to WE15 full game...

I was curious about this and i set one game to high grass + dry, to me it looked like the ball was way slower when passing, like if it had more friction to the grass, wich is the case in a lot of real life Brazilian stadiums.

Yes u can do that but in the edit mode for each team specifically

Also regarding the R2 shoot, imo its not overpowered, its just where it should be, for exemple playing with Falcao, if the defense let me shoot from the inside the box with a 91 finishing player it was almost an automatic goal like it should be, but when i tried the same kind of shoots with the brazilian league players i jsut cuoldnt hit them like that, most went outised or just in the middle of the goal, so for me as long its very dependable on the attributes im fine with it, players with high finnishing can indeed place the ball in the side netting in real life if given space and time. For me the R2 shoot is an aspect of this game that is way ahead of FIFA15, in fifa its barely imposible to score a curled low shot from outside the box, where in real life and in PES they can happen very often if in the right position and with the right player, for exemple this goal is impossible in fifa and very realistic in PES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMvg-tUbJg

Regarding passing, at least on Superstar the AI intercepts plenty of passes, evan more than i would like lol

just tested out R2 shooting with Casillas too...still overpowered, ok it was in training but. fuck its bullshit, why cant balance this shit? Fox Engine is not for football? it was balanced in the last 10 years at least. if i remember only PES1-2-3 wich had gamebreakers like this :RANT::RANT:

looks like R2 shooting of PES became the headears of FIFA 14

:CURSE: games these days, last year keepers were op + rebound goal poachers, now shooting is op, seems like Konami is struggling with this

there shouldnt be magic buttons in a footy game. thats all im saying

Last edited:
I got a pretty good company bonus at work. So I actually bought both. I'm waiting for my PES 15 copy from ShopTo.

If you remember back in the past during PS2 era WE always felt better. More polished and more complete. Definitely not a placebo effect. I will play both to death and see if there is any difference. Several members also couple of people I keep in touch with from Japan say WE15 is harder. Ald speed is slower. The game just feels better. We shall see..

Maybe when you get both games you can compare and contrast and post your impressions here.:))

And, it's not that hard to create a Japanese account. Check my posts for a short tutorial.

I've pre-ordered the digitlfor version of WE2015 (Jap) and PES2015 (UK). WE will begin download on Tuesday and UK will begin download on Thursday. Will keep you all posted.

Remember the whole discussion about lag of custom images and the technical impossibility of importing them on next-gen?

Surprisingly there is a way to do so on next-gen consoles.
You've got to upload the images on their server in order to be able to download it on your console. This workaround shouldn't be necessary in the first place if Sony and Microsoft cared about their customers.

You've got to upload the images on their server in order to be able to download it on your console. This workaround shouldn't be necessary in the first place if Sony and Microsoft cared about their customers.

The onus is not on Microsoft or Sony, it's on Konami. They're the ones who should have done what 2k did. But they didn't, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom