PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

the crowd,over the shoulder cam part and the ultra smooth movements are CG but most part of that trailer were ingame graphics

still useless for me since it's not true gameplay

The first true gameplay videos will be at Gamescom

None of what you see was in the gameplay, they were all pre-animated motion capture and they used the in-game graphics to make in look like in-game: they showed something that was never going to be in the game.

we will see the same this year.

I dare KONAMI to just show a 90 minute match in wide cam. everything else is just a waste of time.

I can make all those movements while playing.

IMO, a more polished version of PES2014 with a well balanced stamina system will be enough.

Still, my biggest concern is if I'll have to buy a PS4 to play a proper PES2015 or my PS3 will have a chance too

IMO, a more polished version of PES2014 with a well balanced stamina system will be enough.

Still, my biggest concern is if I'll have to buy a PS4 to play a proper PES2015 or my PS3 will have a chance too

O really? then please tell me how to do 00:48 - till 00:52. and 01:20 till 01:30.
YouTube - [Official] E3 Trailer HD [PES 2014]

None of what I see in the trailer/ especially the scenarios never happened in pes 2014.

Not really, I said it was dead obvious because the CGI bits are completely different from everything else, the lighting, the textures, even the socks are different.

I thought it was a pre render video using Fox Engine.

IMO they used the Fox Engine, but with much better assets since it was pre render.

I don't think it is impossible to replicate those graphics oh the nextgen version, they are not all that good (it's not realistic at least).

Last edited:

The problem is not the graphics, it's the animation fluidity.

Yes, I would say that fluidity is impossible to replicate in the game, specially because it's Konami we are talking about here...:P

I'm with the majority here, that first vídeo won't show us anything special, just fancy moves from cinematic angles.

I believe that only at gamescom (aug 13-17) we will have videos that give us an idea on how the game plays.

But who knows, even the demos released on PSN/XBL arent anything like the retail version, they are better hahaha...

With the exception of the graphics maybe, I have a feeling the game will be identical on the PS3 and PS4.

O really? then please tell me how to do 00:48 - till 00:52. and 01:20 till 01:30.
YouTube - [Official] E3 Trailer HD [PES 2014]

None of what I see in the trailer/ especially the scenarios never happened in pes 2014.

The first thing is using right stick to your opponents direction.
1000 times explained in tutorials and probably any forum about PES 2014.

What is it exactly you mean on 1:20 - 1:30?
I hope its not the double pass, lol.

Of course its not 100% exactly like ingame but thats nothing new.

The first thing is using right stick to your opponents direction.
1000 times explained in tutorials and probably any forum about PES 2014.

What is it exactly you mean on 1:20 - 1:30?
I hope its not the double pass, lol.

Of course its not 100% exactly like ingame but thats nothing new.

Hi,

Iam talking about the transition. it is very smooth. All I am saying is that KONAMI needs to be honest and they can show that by giving us a 90 minute match in wide cam. No deceiving. that way we have no false expectations and there will be less rage.

The problem is not the graphics, it's the animation fluidity.

This can be stupid or maybe i'm trolling here, but the true of this is...
Konami Release a Poor Beta version to us, and they made a nother game with the same exactly thing, but the animations was better.
Resuming, PES 2015 is a game made it by 2 years at least....

I can joke it, but i'm not this time...
Looking for the KONAMI photo images, watching the same graphic shoot bar and the scoreboard red...

Is that so similliar guys???

imagens_pes2015_images.jpg

Enlil is 100% right, or they made 2 game versions or this video are players in the stadium playing like this.

pes-2010-preview1-431.jpg

I got your tricks konami.

Last edited:

They have been using Motion capture for several years. The problem is – it’s just a tool. In order to use that tool properly you must know how to animate, or at least be familiar with some basic concepts of 3D animation.

Even if they hire good animators, those people will waste 100.000h on animating some trivial crap like barking on refs, goal celebrations, etc.

And, what is that “Off the ball feature”? I hope it’s some sort of ML improvement, but I really doubt that it is.

What's the motion capture thing all about? They use it since the PS1 days. It's not even down to animators, but you still need to program animation blending. It was decent when animations were very simple and/or limited (until PS2 days), when it got more complex Konami failed miserably.

the animation was just a example. My main point is that KONAMI should just show what it will look like. That is the first step in regaining confidence from the fans. Just be honest and show what you get. most of our anger is towards their false promises and misinformation, not their failure (which is a totaly different topic)

This can be applied to pretty much everything they've done. Konami failed to keep up.

Yeah, it's part of the technological trainwrech they went through. Partly down to the fact they didn't have the chance/weren't given the time and resources to rebuild the engine on the switch for PS3.

They have been using Motion capture for several years. The problem is – it’s just a tool. In order to use that tool properly you must know how to animate, or at least be familiar with some basic concepts of 3D animation.

Even if they hire good animators, those people will waste 100.000h on animating some trivial crap like barking on refs, goal celebrations, etc.

And, what is that “Off the ball feature”? I hope it’s some sort of ML improvement, but I really doubt that it is.

So true. That means konami is so bad working on Blender or on Autodesk.

What's the motion capture thing all about? They use it since the PS1 days. It's not even down to animators, but you still need to program animation blending. It was decent when animations were very simple and/or limited (until PS2 days), when it got more complex Konami failed miserably.

How can you do Parametric animation (blending) for football game and make it fluid/realistic if you do not recreate all types of movement? FFS they don’t have animation for walk! I’m saying KONAMI don’t use MCapture in a proper way. The proper way would be to glue reflective marker on Messi (for example) and record EVERY type of movement that footballer make during football match (from all types of walk to sprint). Now, I know this is impossible (too expensive and only one player) and that is way I said that KONAMI should hire proper animator – experienced professional who know how real human being moves.

This is not about programming – it’s about animation. How can you make code for something that isn’t there?

Nah, it’s just button combo for finding the best seat for watching the pitch that is their’s. And they… They don’t walk… At all…

PS3 versions failures were due also to marriage with SONY. Anyway, the screen showed on the left of the picture posted isn't to be confused with PS4 one. Maybe they wished to underline the differences between the two versions matched together.
And these are my last words before the ranch gate opens.

Last edited:

I feel like i have to quit reading these sites until the 25th, I see things referring to a new 'Off The Ball' feature and all i can imagine is something as awful and pointless like combination play.

I'm usually pretty positive about PES too :COAT:

Back
Top Bottom