PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

After watching Italy play Costa Rica I can't help feeling we are too hard on the heart feature. They beat a lively England then looked like a bunch of drunks against a much lesser team on paper.

How else can a player stat based game (yes its still stats based stop talking rubbish) be reenacted without Konamis heart feature or England or Spains form for that matter.

The thing that bugs me though is that the have both the heart amd player form arrow and that is a bit of an overkill

Edit :

Now watching the Honduras v Ecuador game the Hondurans in particular have taken some seriously long range shots that have been inches off target. Quite a conundrum to make a football game....

Abstractly, there was always a heart feature in place. It's just that rather than being given a name in-game it came from the player's reaction themselves to the game.

I'm not sure anything but a minor alteration is a good thing for a video-game. After all the difference between a video-game and real football is that you're an active participant.

That's why there's always a fine-line between what a designer should do when building a sports game. At a point you always have to compensate for the fact that it's being played by a player and not merely being controlled by the code.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the idea of the Heart System but it was always going to need time for them to figure out the right balance. I suspect it was one of the major errors Konami have made putting it in 2014 when it wasn't ready and rather spoils things too often.

Last edited:

After watching Italy play Costa Rica I can't help feeling we are too hard on the heart feature. They beat a lively England then looked like a bunch of drunks against a much lesser team on paper.

How else can a player stat based game (yes its still stats based stop talking rubbish) be reenacted without Konamis heart feature or England or Spains form for that matter.

The thing that bugs me though is that the have both the heart amd player form arrow and that is a bit of an overkill

Edit :

Now watching the Honduras v Ecuador game the Hondurans in particular have taken some seriously long range shots that have been inches off target. Quite a conundrum to make a football game....

How is that related to Heart at all? Costa Rica was better tactically, they were moving faster, they came out motivated.

Italy on the other hand looked lethargic, slow and very tired. I guess it's WEATHER and CONDITIONS taking over. They were made to play in Manaus (90% humidity and 30 degrees temperature). Almost twice... Had to play in such conditions. Not to mention Italian team being quite old. Just look at Pirlo in that game. He was coming off field almost dead. o_o

You are overstating Heart importance. Heart had to do something different if I remember. Will have to find the article on this again.

So far enjoying this WC too much. Catch up? KONAMI, I hope you're watching the games (to counter sprint abusers, play like Costa Rica, but for that we need way better AI) :D

I don't understand why it is so difficult for KONAMI to implement a scenario-script-like code that can influence the 2 teams that are playing against each other. for example: if one team is very weak but is better in counter-attacking then that team should be given the advantage in counter-attacking. the other team can then decide( and this is to make the game tactical, so people won't only play with strong team) they are going to act on this or take risk. the other way around the counter-attacking team can decide to play it safe and go for defence or counter-attack but run the risk of having less defenders. That way it's all about tactics and not only about stats. I want to be able to win against stronger teams using the strenght of weaker teams.

more examples:
weak defending, but have strong headers or are good at corners. (so depending on the team you are playing against you can decide to strengthen your defenders or take risk.
the same goes for the following.
weak offense, but have strong defenders.
etc, etc.

For me the game is to much based on stats (which isn't implemented correctly to begin with)

I think we never needed HEART.
Sure, its a nice idea but why not just keep the form arrows and leave the motivation (HEART) completely to the people behind the monitor.
When I play against someone and am one or two goals behind its up to me whether I concentrate to turn the game or get too nervous and make bad decisions. The form arrows are totally enough imo.

A large variety of tactic options should be an important matter how a match goes, like I said in an earlier post (individual tactical behaviour for every single player "DEFENSIVE", "BALANCED", "OFFENSIVE" (like in PES 2010) and running directions).
And stats of course.

How is that related to Heart at all? Costa Rica was better tactically, they were moving faster, they came out motivated.

Italy on the other hand looked lethargic, slow and very tired. I guess it's WEATHER and CONDITIONS taking over. They were made to play in Manaus (90% humidity and 30 degrees temperature). Almost twice... Had to play in such conditions. Not to mention Italian team being quite old. Just look at Pirlo in that game. He was coming off field almost dead. o_o

You are overstating Heart importance. Heart had to do something different if I remember. Will have to find the article on this again.

So far enjoying this WC too much. Catch up? KONAMI, I hope you're watching the games (to counter sprint abusers, play like Costa Rica, but for that we need way better AI) :D

I agree it had to be the heat that got to Italy. .. every player on the team played out of form at the same time. . like having a squad of purple arrows in Pes.

I honestly thought that the idea of the heart system in Pes involved getting motivated during a match by a comeback goal or something instead of being used as form before a match

Would be cool if they combined heart and form.

I imagine something like a pressure gauge with the arrows, that flow up and down through the colours like a clock lol, from 12 to 6, and colours change like the body heart on the tactical screen
Would be nice to see it change during a match, but it's not very realistic.

To some extent they could also link form from match to match ratings.

Ps. I'm not a big fan of the stamina being linked to the arrows. I want to see a more realistic system in Pes.

I saw that it was going to be a CGI trailer unfortunatly. :YAWN:

The good part... I saw it on PES brasil.. and they're not completly trustworthy. :TTTH:

Yeah hope they show REAL and pure gameplay footage now and not like the second PES2014 trailer, it was "gameplay" too. But it was a mix between gameplay and CGI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGfXQ73jHw

Nerver Forget.

Last edited:

- Without a Pro Evo comeback, football fans are forced to play a game in-which someone can launch the ball over the top of your back four from kick-off and regularly score using this method.

- A game in-which pace means absolutely everything, and without it, great players are useless.

- A game in-which when you’re in control of quite possibly the greatest player to ever play the game, Lionel Messi, the dribbling feels exactly the same as dribbling with any half decent player.

That's proper bs right there. It might work online, but rarely or never works vs AI (at least when it comes to user end not AI doing it).

Messi dribbling was ace before, so with some tweaking it will be awesome again (only LT+RT tap dribbling was needed and damn it was v. satisfying - check my FIFA 13 Argentine video to see what I mean).

Pace? Pace means jack shit in FIFA 14. It's more strength based than anything and most annoying. Mix it up with auto-tackling (yep contain/teammate contain makes AI auto-tackle for you!) and it is troublesome. As every tackle you make will end in AI hands. Hopefully remedy will be made with "PT".

Btw why are you dissing FIFA here? I thought people didn't want FIFA vs PES flame wars? Can we stop it? Both games have problems and both need changes.

I know it's hard to wait till 25th, but come on. Hype train started later than expected for PES 2015. Maybe that's good news? Och btw WENB is making Podcast tonight to be released on 25th June too. Asim, PES_United and few other guys will be giving their opinions and what to expect, what they didn't like and what they hope to be improved.

Out of here till ~7.7.2014. Enjoy life lads :D.

That's proper bs right there.

Btw why are you dissing FIFA here? I thought people didn't want FIFA vs PES flame wars? Can we stop it? Both games have problems and both need changes.

Still_908a65_1316948.gif

PES 2014 is unfinished, it wouldn't take much work to tweak it into a nice fluid game... too bad Konami aint in their best days.

If heart is to remain a feature it should only be applied to the COM. That way, if Heart is implemented properly, we should see some reaction to the way the user is playing, and the way that they are playing.

The gameplay trailer we will see is like the pes 2014 e3 trailer plus some new features explained.

Pes latam (official Pes account for South America) already said we will see a new improved off the ball feature during the trailer

https://twitter.com/PESlatam/status/476826327589220353

En E3 2011, anunciamos que #PES 2012 traería la mecánica "Off-the-Ball". ¡Vive el siguiente paso el 25 de junio!

Off the ball feature? FFS Konami - stop adding button combinations and options and start coding the AI properly so we see things happening off the ball on their own accord.

Oh, please! They shouldn't waste their energy on new features, they should get the gameplay right, in the first place!!!

Does anyone in that company ever think straight??

Off the ball feature? FFS Konami - stop adding button combinations and options and start coding the AI properly so we see things happening off the ball on their own accord.

THIS!!!!

Sometimes I have the feeling I am playing street fighter when I try to do some more advanced skills, while thy should be pulled out simply by players with better stats and AI

THIS!!!!

Sometimes I have the feeling I am playing street fighter when I try to do some more advanced skills, while thy should be pulled out simply by players with better stats and AI

Agreed.

Wow, looking back that was dead obvious...

None of what you see was in the gameplay, they were all pre-animated motion capture and they used the in-game graphics to make in look like in-game: they showed something that was never going to be in the game.

we will see the same this year.

I dare KONAMI to just show a 90 minute match in wide cam. everything else is just a waste of time.

None of what you see was in the gameplay, they were all pre-animated motion capture and they used the in-game graphics to make in look like in-game: they showed something that was never going to be in the game.

we will see the same this year.

I dare KONAMI to just show a 90 minute match in wide cam. everything else is just a waste of time.

Not really, I said it was dead obvious because the CGI bits are completely different from everything else, the lighting, the textures, even the socks are different.

Back
Top Bottom