PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

Completely sure we won't see anything impressive or refreshing in that trailer. There's a chance the game might be good, but we won't see it in the trailer ( unless you really want to).

Anderson my friend. Cut us some slack here just one wee bitty positivity would be nice.

Its been a while :)

I agree with him, if the trailer is similar to last years trailers (similar to Fifa "ingame" trailers) it will be useless

Well, I for one would like to have 2 football games to switch between when I get bored of one. Like I usually did...

So want that 25th trailer to be special. It's their 20th anniversary too. Better be good.

Well, I for one would like to have 2 football games to switch between when I get bored of one. Like I usually did...

So want that 25th trailer to be special. It's their 20th anniversary too. Better be good.

There's more than an anniversary involving, to say the least.

I'm curious for the 25th but I don't think we'll see much except for closeups like in earlier PES Intros.
Could be disappointing for a few people.

Are we likely to see gameplay videos on the 25th? Stuff that was recorded at E3 or behind closed doors demonstrations? I'm not expecting any raw gameplay in the official trailer.

I saw that it was going to be a CGI trailer unfortunatly. :YAWN:

The good part... I saw it on PES brasil.. and they're not completly trustworthy. :TTTH:

Are we likely to see gameplay videos on the 25th? Stuff that was recorded at E3 or behind closed doors demonstrations? I'm not expecting any raw gameplay in the official trailer.

I doubt Konami allowed anyone to record anything at their booth.

I saw that it was going to be a CGI trailer unfortunatly. :YAWN:

The good part... I saw it on PES brasil.. and they're not completly trustworthy. :TTTH:
Not completely trustworthy? They are not trustworthy at all.

When KONAMI says gameplay it can also mean CGI, trailer or even a teaser. That's how great my confidence is in this company after so many years.
Can they convince me? few more days to go.

Anderson my friend. Cut us some slack here just one wee bitty positivity would be nice.

Its been a while :)

You're right I was too harsh. It's my personal belief though. Someone on this thread previously said I was like a "cheated husband", and that was spot on, hit my limit of hopeful hype trains last year.

Played Two games of Fifa 14 (ng version)... I can't stand the physics of players movement, they totally feel like they are two steps above the pitch moving like there's no gravity.

Despite the lack of more variety in animatons in Pes, I really don't understand how someone thinks players in Fifa move more realistically

Get This shit right for once Konami, for God's sake. No matter how much I try to enjoy the other game, it seems like that other game is not for me, so because of that your game is the only one that can make me feel like I am playing a football game, but that hope is geting lower and lower each year

Last edited:

Seems a WENB podcast is coming :)

@AsimTanvir: Recording a special #PES2015 podcast for @WENBlog with @Suffwan tomorrow (ready for the embargo). Purely gameplay, tweet me your questions.

Seems a WENB podcast is coming

@AsimTanvir: Recording a special #PES2015 podcast for @WENBlog with @Suffwan tomorrow (ready for the embargo). Purely gameplay, tweet me your questions.

Words again..

Last edited:

I predict Eltom puts the leash to Asim and says "Enough bark to 'black man'!"

Seems a WENB podcast is coming :)

I don't Think that podcast worth listening since the excitement for the game is over This year.

It's better to do something else and just wait for the official video and hopefully some leaked gameplay footage.

At gdc we'll probably have some gameplay videos.

It's 2 months away to know the truth. There is a general delay in everything this year; time to be filled with words and posters?

Played Two games of Fifa 14 (ng version)... I can't stand the physics of players movement, they totally feel like they are two steps above the pitch moving like there's no gravity.

Despite the lack of more variety in animatons in Pes, I really don't understand how someone thinks players in Fifa move more realistically

Get This shit right for once Konami, for God's sake. No matter how much I try to enjoy the other game, it seems like that other game is not for me, so because of that your game is the only one that can make me feel like I am playing a football game, but that hope is geting lower and lower each year

THIS!

PES 2014 was set to be very realistic in terms of animations and animation-fluidity, but again, they crippled it with bad design choices (horrid, horrid, horrid walking dribbling).

All that matters for PES 2015 is me not figthing the controlls. when I fill the bar all the way to the red I want my pass going over all the players. When I press just a litle I want the ball not reaching my teammate. There are so many things wrong with just the controls: the input and outcome. No more fighting the controlls!!! If they fix that I then want good goalkeepers in 2016 and in 2017 I might talk gameplay, then I might talk about animations. First the basics. I am just being realistic, baby-steps KONAMI, Baby-steps

After watching Italy play Costa Rica I can't help feeling we are too hard on the heart feature. They beat a lively England then looked like a bunch of drunks against a much lesser team on paper.

How else can a player stat based game (yes its still stats based stop talking rubbish) be reenacted without Konamis heart feature or England or Spains form for that matter.

The thing that bugs me though is that the have both the heart amd player form arrow and that is a bit of an overkill

Edit :

Now watching the Honduras v Ecuador game the Hondurans in particular have taken some seriously long range shots that have been inches off target. Quite a conundrum to make a football game....

Last edited:

Long range shots can be performed by most if not all proffesionals depending on shot technique and power. Ive seen crap players with little abillity thunder in goals from way out.

The accuracy should depend on time, confidence level and space. Then attributes later. Thats what would be aimed at.

Two things on next weeks annoncement.

First thing is the trailer being on the 25th in conjunction with maximizing the DLC WC for pes 2014 gives Konami time to create a world cup based trailer with licensed national teams which will if true be very appropriate to draw the right attention. For example Konami have Germany and Portugal licenced along with the two sides from the opening game in Brazil and Croatia. They can recreate some of the goals from their match within the trailer which will gather in attention from people who wouldn't normally see it because of the world cup hype.

Its not about pleasing desperation. Its about timing.

Secound is something I said before it's looking at the most important thing we have and should learn which is to accept everything which has happened in the history of football gaming. FIFA's succes has created a gigantic demand for football games, its so big that despite the decline in sales a complete PES Product marketed properly will make gargantuan profits since they know full well the amount of units they can and will shift when they finish the game of as a package when looking at the interest for football games.

So many play FIFA in that a viable, promoted alternative which has superior gameplay will sell. Konami can heavily benefit from the last 5 years in the shadows since the amount of experimentation and development may not of happened at all if Konami kept the gameplay the same as the PS2 days, allowed the other more powerful company the expand the market like never before then come back with their product within the knowledge it will sell and then some.

FIFA's succes was getting people who care little about football into the game like with Call of Duty much more than taking a significant number of former pes players. This is important since when konami come out with the technology on the next gen they will need this market more than ever.

I have no interest in what could have been, it's a waste of time and it's the depression perspective. Its about what happened and what is possible.

Last edited:

same goes for me, exactly the same

Back
Top Bottom