PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Ok, I had enough. Negativity because we all want the full package? The gameplay is great especially on manual. But having 19 stadiums in this day and age sucks. Also all those other details like water in the pitch, etc,etc. It all counts towards an immersive experience. The question is, why are things that were in previous PES games not there anymore? I rember one year we even could mix and match socks, shorts and jerseys. That was brilliant.

I recognize there are ppl here who moan too much but also there is the other extreme. Ppl like yoursel, conformists who will defend the game no matter wat despite its shortcomings. This is a discussion board, stop telling ppl to quit being negative or to go play FIFA. Its really immature and annoying

Do you know that the godfather of PES Seabass said PES was never based on a simulation. Pure sim. PES tried going that route and failed. Its the ARCADE with a bit of sim that makes PES what it is. Man I must be smoking dope. I just dont understand some of you

Since when graphics and presentation have anything to do with how arcadey or sim a game is? Fifa is pretty arcedey and have better graphics and presentation. NBA 2k15 is more sim and have even better graphics and presentation-

Stop defending Konami at every change you get. You like it, than good. Other people feel that the game should be in another level. Just respect that. The world doesn't begin or end with you.

Since when graphics and presentation have anything to do with how arcadey or sim a game is? Fifa is pretty arcedey and have better graphics and presentation. NBA 2k15 is more sim and have even better graphics and presentation-

Stop defending Konami at every change you get. You like it, than good. Other people feel that the game should be in another level. Just respect that. The world doesn't begin or end with you.

Well said

All I'm hoping for this year, after years of FIFA, is an online alternative where the winner is the guy who plays the better football and has the better tactics, rather than being the guy who presses the buttons quicker and who has the power of fully-assisted on his side.

For me personally, that's what will make or break the game. Yes it all needs modernising but did anyone really expect it of Konami? When FIFA adds in VR support, PES will add in a couple of lower leagues maybe. When FIFA ships with "Feel-The-Game Gloves", PES will add in a better edit mode. Always the way. They're years behind in this regard.

I'm just hoping MyClub offers a different and fair alternative to Ultimate Team, and that the gameplay allows the person with the better football brain to win. Slightly slidey ball-physics and "MERSEYSIDE RED FAN CLUB" banners or otherwise.

Last edited:
Only way to get that is to make the default for online all manual. Then it will be truly the most skilful player who will win. But thatll never happen

Only way to get that is to make the default for online all manual. Then it will be truly the most skilful player who will win. But thatll never happen
I don't agree with that - I don't have the time to devote to learning that. But somewhere in-between, I do agree with.

In FIFA's Ultimate Team, you can't choose to play any other control type. So of course everyone's going to play on fully assisted and press you to death and hit perfect passes and score wonder goals every game... It's not football. It's on fast-forward for a start (with no midfield required).

I think PES's AI helps combat that kind of thing, fully assisted controls or not. I'm really looking forward to it. Just hoping I'm not wrong and on day one the through-passers/glitchers rule the leaderboards.

Oh so you want the full package right...ok so let me now try to shed some light. Konami are capable of releasing a full package game. of course they are. but if they do this then HOW ON EARTH do you expect them to make any profit in the next installments...and make money....They wont release a full package because they want to leave things out on purpose so they can add it in the next game....if you have 12 stadiums now..you will have 15 in PES 16. If you have 5 EPL teams licensed you might get 10 next time around.

No gaming company will ever give you a full package otherwise they would be out of business the next following day.

Adam even said this year is strictly focused ob GamePlay and that is clearly evident. Do you remember when PES only had few licenses...Arsenal and Man U. Do you remember when 90% of the game had to be edited. Do you remember the stutter bugs and other bugs on PS2 days that were corrected the following year. GAMING COMPANIES plant bad seeds ob purpose so they can plant good ones for the next year harvest. its that simple. Konami NEVER had a perfect full package. even PES 5 has its faults that I wont bother to list here.

You need to get some help

Oh so you want the full package right...ok so let me now try to shed some light. Konami are capable of releasing a full package game. of course they are. but if they do this then HOW ON EARTH do you expect them to make any profit in the next installments...and make money....They wont release a full package because they want to leave things out on purpose so they can add it in the next game....if you have 12 stadiums now..you will have 15 in PES 16. If you have 5 EPL teams licensed you might get 10 next time around.

No gaming company will ever give you a full package otherwise they would be out of business the next following day.

Adam even said this year is strictly focused ob GamePlay and that is clearly evident. Do you remember when PES only had few licenses...Arsenal and Man U. Do you remember when 90% of the game had to be edited. Do you remember the stutter bugs and other bugs on PS2 days that were corrected the following year. GAMING COMPANIES plant bad seeds ob purpose so they can plant good ones for the next year harvest. its that simple. Konami NEVER had a perfect full package. even PES 5 has its faults that I wont bother to list here.

Thats true and it makes commercial sense. But still after more than14 iterations of the game. The package feels amateurish and incomplete. Espevialyy compared to Fifa's. And im not talking about licenses only, but skill games, online modes, career mode, tbe fifa store, controlker assistance options, etc.

U gonna tell me togo play fifa now. SAVE IT. :P

I don't agree with that - I don't have the time to devote to learning that. But somewhere in-between, I do agree with.

In FIFA's Ultimate Team, you can't choose to play any other control type. So of course everyone's going to play on fully assisted and press you to death and hit perfect passes and score wonder goals every game... It's not football. It's on fast-forward for a start (with no midfield required).

I think PES's AI helps combat that kind of thing, fully assisted controls or not. I'm really looking forward to it. Just hoping I'm not wrong and on day one the through-passers/glitchers rule the leaderboards.

Manual is not as hard as you think. And the satisfaction of scoring or even playing first time passes id immense when u pull it off. PES on 3 bar and basic shooting is a horrible game IMO. In full manual it is the best footie game I've played

But why are these things not implemented? Im not talking about licensed stafiums, just give us more generic ones! Fix thenets, addskillgames, add futsal like in the old ISS games! Do something FFS!

I'm not going to tell you to play FIFA. You can play Super Mario Soccer with Joshi for all I care bro but some of you need to think realistically that's all. Accept what you have and if you can enjoy it. If you cannot then there is FIFA that might suid what you desire.

I played FIFA 15 demo last night and it does offer a good entertainment. But you know what's funny. I never ever play FIFA I even get clumsy with the controls but every game I had yesterday I was up by like 4-1. 4-0 3-1 ...and this was on FULL MANUAL. I am a total NOOB when it comes to FIFA. then I pick up PES 15 and get my ass owned on Superstar level. So what I noticed was this: FIFA will always win habds down because for a NEW FOOTBALL GAMER it will be easy to pick up the controller and score a few goals...but PES will bore them to death because of the learning curve. Well that learning curve is called gameplay and realism.

Maybe, I dont play against the CPU cos its boring as shit. FIFA 15 gull manusl vs mates is a great game. If PES old gen has a goodonline side of the game ill be happy enough to buy it as the gameplay does make upfor all the other shit. Barely.

im hyped for the game :)

fluid formation, team id, player id, stats are pure awesomeness :LOVE:
couldnt care about the presentation, game modes mutch more, as i havent expected much :))

im sure Konami will lure the hardcore PES fans back(fans before the last generation consoles)

still the keepers are questionable for me, sometimes they superb but most of the time one on ones are vicious for them

Well actually on professional I´m quite challenged on the other game.

But sabh,

it´s totally okay if you like the game and you´re excited and everything.
All that positiveness and enthusiasm is cool.

Just stick to it, dude.

Why does it bother you so much if someone else doesn´t share that excitement and positive feeling?

You´re satisfied with what you gonna get, that´s cool but you gotta accept that there are other opinions as well.

Nobody wants to force his negative opinion on you, we just discuss and share point of views.

Before some of you write the game off completely how about you wait for the final code of the game before making blunt judgements. I just dont get why so much negativity man. I must of said this about 20 times already. If you don't like the game, don't buy it and play it. But some of you are forcing yourself into a relationship that will never work again. Man I miss posts like Jimmy G Force where we actually talk about the game.

:WORSHIP: a-freaking-men

miss my brother

They won't get rid of me that easily though

well I am not a gamer developer but based on my research of how games are made is that CERTAIN things muat be compromised. How do you know that if they had good net animations that it wouldnt cause some error somewhere else. like stutter bug.

You should stop talking. Its getting worse.

Sabh - love your passion about PES mate. No point getting wound up about other people's gripes. I think many people have some valid complaints but I just ignore the stuff that spoils my enjoyment of the game.

Do you normally play ML? Which team are you going to use? Think I might use one of the Spanish 2nd division sides and try and win La Liga. Spent most of last year on the South American ML, but the fake teams were a pain in the arse.

Jesus lads relax it's not a competition to see who's right or wrong . .. some of us are disappointed with the demo and the news about master league and some of us love the demo.. . . . what's the problem?

I thought the idea of the forum was to give different opinions and debate about it. There are good points being made on both sides . . .. how can someone's negative opinion affect your enjoyment of the game? Surely your own judgement is what counts.

There's nobody on here slating the game and saying it's rubbish!

I love the PES 2015 demo on PS4, it's a far more enjoyable experience than FIFA 15 in my opinion.

I must say though - sabh, how about you stop telling people what to post in regards to PES? You're obviously a raging PES fanboy and you're embarrassing yourself. I mean, you tell people that they can't really moan as this is just a demo - yet look at your signature, you've got PES 2015 as one of your favourite PES games when it's not even released yet! Talk about a contradiction! :LOL:

Nearly every one of your posts is slating FIFA and praising PES, it's a bit sad for a (supposed) 30 year old man.

If people want to grumble because of lack of game modes, let them grumble - they are entitled to their opinion and do make a good point. This new PES (demo) feels great on the pitch but will be severely lacking on release day - and it's Konami's mentality that worries people, so again, they make constructive points yet you just shoot them down.

As for your "Yeah played FIFA, won 3-0, 4-1 on manual" etc - I call bullshit. It's a very tough game to master now - I personally don't like it but it's a huge improvement on where FIFA was 5 and 10 years ago.

I can't stand fanboys and you're blatantly one. Just keep quiet about the other game, let people enjoy that and dislike PES if they want - it's called freedom of speech and this forum is a medium for gamers to express themselves. Your hissyfits in this and the FIFA threads have been laughable for a person who claims he is 30 years of age.

I would bet that 99% of members here all loved PES at some point and are fed up with Konami's promises and lies over the last few years.

I would say this is probably the biggest gripe people have when it comes to PES. More than anything else. They did produce a good game this time around so that will make me stick with PES for another year. After last year, I was ready to just give up on footy games altogether. Maybe one more year.

Does anyone who play the demo knows if the comination play (double tap L2/LB) is present in PES2015?

And the possibility to move the defensive line (left or right on the d-pad) is also there?

I've seen them in any of the videos I've watch. They were very good additions last year. I fearfull that they've been removed.

Does anyone who play the demo knows if the comination play (double tap L2/LB) is present in PES2015?

And the possibility to move the defensive line (left or right on the d-pad) is also there?

I've seen them in any of the videos I've watch. They were very good additions last year. I fearfull that they've been removed.

I dont own the demo, but in one video I saw a guy moving his defensive line back manualy.

Don't know about combination play however, but never used it myself

I dont own the demo, but in one video I saw a guy moving his defensive line back manualy.

Good. That's almost necessary online.

For real? I used it quite a lot. Is nice too open space, especially in the middle and also do make some realistic plays, that real teams use.

DLine still manual but not sure if combination play is Still there

Last edited:
lets hope the ps4 update 2.0 gives some way to use usb data transfer .
if whe could use pngs for the kits or emblems it would be enough for me .
konami should make every effort to make this work for ps4.

lets hope the ps4 update 2.0 gives some way to use usb data transfer .
if whe could use pngs for the kits or emblems it would be enough for me .
konami should make every effort to make this work for ps4.

Yep. Thats so important to me. I dont like playing with fake kits. In this gen of gaming, we should at least be able to do that. I understand the licensing matters but at least they can do something about it where we can import the real kits.

After many games,using the same teams, i have found WE 2015 more difficult than European version.
AI is slightly more aggressive,with more shots (average)

No one else can confirm this?
I think i will buy the Japanese version

i don't think they will change anything about ball physics or physical play in general until release unfortunately, but it will be interesting to see if they really just work on faces now, some basic things like the positiong of the players on corners shouldn't be too hard to get right, all of the players are outside the box, you don't see that in real life

about graphics, don't really care about them too much, all about gameplay, but if they would work just on the pitch more it would make a huge difference, you can see that with the pes6 stadiums by maxey for example, looks like a totally new game, faces and models look great already

demo is definately fun, bit too basic and easy to create chances

Back
Top Bottom