PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'm really disappointet about the early news. ML seems not improved that much, would love to see an optional "Club Boss" mode, where you have to take care about all the things in your club. You can blame EA about this, but at least you have the option to use it. But this "simple" ML is just don't enough. Konami is like going one step forward and two steps back, with removing all the nice features like the stadium editor or the league mode last year (I know it came back after a shitstorm from the fans, but still).

I also don't understand why Konami is not adding more stadiums and teams. I'm not speaking about the EPL or adding the Anfield Road, but there are so many other stadiums which you can add. And hands down, a stadium is a important key to get an realistic atmosphere feeling. 12 stadiums are just an joke. The second divisions are a great improvement and a good step forward, but it's really annoying to have the Champions League and Europe League, but just having 1/4 of the teams in the game (other europen teams, are they kidding me?)

There is also not much to say about the editor. There is like no options to add anything, means no option files for PS4. It's right that you can't do much with the ps4, but last year there was this "Creating Center" from EA, where you can edit all the teams online, create kits and upload team logos and leagues and after all, upload your work to the servers. Something like this would be an good option I think.

Konami should not forget those "little things". They're taking their motto "The pitch is ours" too seriously. It's not ALL about gameplay imo. FIFA may have good features off the pitch, but the gameplay is really a joke and not questionable comaparing to PES. There should be a good a balance between off and on the pitch.

Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.

All the PS4 2.0 features haven't been listed yet.

81b6ce64b5872967db645a809b4fd3ce.jpg

Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.
Let's hope they don't restrict PNG/image transfers.. I See they won't let you store mp3's directly to the hdd

I see it this way why would you need to put a USB in to play music it would be easier just to save it and play it, Music files are norammly included with image files it was the same on the PS

Maybe he explain me this one

What's there to explain? Screenshots mean screenshots taken with the Share button. Not importing pictures from your USB.

If there was more to the game in the final third of the pitch, I would probably buy it.

For me, I need to get enjoyment from scoring goals. Not necessarily screamers but nice looking realistic finishes, but every goal in this game feels very samey and stale.

There's a serious lack of shot trajectories, and varied outcomes, poor ball physics and player animations which do not match the type of shot being made.

It's obviously been said before but slow-mo, gravity defying keepers and terrible net animations also detract from the goal scoring experience

+1000

Gameplay should mean more than player models, movement and midfield play. The most important part in the final third feels like it has only a handful of outcomes. And those outcomes don't look or feel that satisfying anymore. When I picked up PES in 2011, I'd jump out of my seat when I scored. The variety and satisfication was brilliant. Now it feels so severely limited that "gameplay" counts for nothing unless you get a hard on from being able to knock a few passes together in midfield and do a feint with a realistic looking Neymar.

"The pitch editor is ours."

+1000

Gameplay should mean more than player models, movement and midfield play. The most important part in the final third feels like it has only a handful of outcomes. And those outcomes don't look or feel that satisfying anymore. When I picked up PES in 2011, I'd jump out of my seat when I scored. The variety and satisfication was brilliant. Now it feels so severely limited that "gameplay" counts for nothing unless you get a hard on from being able to knock a few passes together in midfield and do a feint with a realistic looking Neymar.

"The pitch editor is ours."

I second this,it looks the part but it doesn't play like it...passes even on manual are on a strait line trajectory,movement is still clunky and on the grid with those same invisible rails and shackles..fouls are none existent and players still step back and just hang motionless for a milesecond while the opposing player steels the ball gaining that extra yard.

It's the limitation of ball play and that restricted grid like passing on a 8 directional plain that just kills the immersion and is it that hard for konami to bring back all the freedom of the Iss series on the n64 of old..even today the passing,shooting and directional control of play still puts pes of today to shame.

Couple this with the senseless ai and despite years of the same promises ie this years a base which we will build on and you begin to wonder will they ever get there shit together again.

I'm not buying this year..I've gone back and back to the demo to see where all this supposed fun can be squeezed from but I ain't feeling it.

How basic and devoid of depth of control do konami footie games have to become before they throw in the towl.

But hey the faces look great!

Such a great company once and such a great heritage all the way back to iss deluxe..a far cry from today's output.

If they had just stuck to the building blocks of pes11 and refined and bettered all the shortcomings of that game,it beggars believe where we would be now..trying to work a miracle in a year is just producing a mediocre title with each passing year.

I've finally given up,all hope is lost for me....pes5 still pisses on it!..and I'm a forward thinking player that wants a modern footie game not some retro rehash.

Last edited:
The presentation and authenticity is nice to have but it's not the thing that sways it for me. But the lack of satisfaction in the final 3rd is the straw that breaks the camels back. Not everyone would be but I'd be ok with a football game that had very few modes but played a brilliant game all over the park. As mentioned above - PES 2011, which touted a move towards freedom was great. Never having played PES before I loved the learning curve and the gameplay. Nets were good, goals were varied, MLO was great. I kept reading here that the animations (which were the only things I didn't like at times, e.g. the R2 placed shot) were a limitation of the engine and since then I've been hoping that they keep the same game but smooth out the animations. Not to be unfortunately :(

The keepers got worse, the nets got worse, the lighting got worse, rain got taken out, stadiums got taken out...extra passing options came in, magic boots came in.

I've been trying FIFA and PES and then keeping PES but for PES 2014 and 2015 I haven't seen 12 months of improvement go into either game and I think FIFA's improved enough for me to just stick with it this year. If PES 2015 as a base is really improved upon that would be awesome as I think there's a lot of football DNA and soul they capture well. But it's about time they got the visuals up to scratch so that we can feel immersed in their football vision rather than making excuses for the limitations they keep citing. Come on Konami, now's the time to strive for the best you can do. Let's see if you've got what it takes.

Sorry but if you think a handful of possible outcomes is "fun" then you're horribly mistaken. That sounds like a recipe for being sick of the game rather quickly. People used to say there's only a handful of ways to score on FIFA vs PES...I find the opposite true now. Maybe you build up in a different way on PES but shooting animations, ball trajectory and keeper animations look rather limited on PES. Not necessarily a bad thing...IF you've got many preset outcomes...but if it's just a small selection of possibilities, it's not arcade and it's not fun...and it's definitely not simulation. Just a company resting on their laurels or severely under resourced. If you're using SWOS as a benchmark, then I'm a bit concerned re your level of expectation...for a FULL PRICE game.

Is the lack of action in the final third the new buzzword now.

I see no issues with that. Lots of variety on how you can finish. Yes I wish they didn't remove the low shot button modifier but to say that there's a limited way of scoring even on the demo is bullshit

It's like we sit here going

You know what else is wrong?
It's the.....
And 5 of what is becoming the same people agree.

SWOS didnt have any graphics and didn't have anything besides one button play and the depth. There is a reason why games like SWOS, Counter Strike 1.6 , PES 5 are being played today. Look at the SWOS community today. It has better online servers than FIFA and PES together. Still has World Wide tournaments with prizes. So does CS 1.6. How old are these games ? Compare lame COD and Battlefield to CS 1.6....when PES 15 and FIFA 15 reach this level of success then we can talk. Today people are too much concerned about proper kits, animations etc rather than having a a FUN game to play.

Only because you're paying the same price as other games that have all those bells and whistles. It's 2014. I don't mind playing a fun game or arcade game at all. When I was 12-13 I used to love playing a football manager game that was text only! But if you're forking out $70-$80 per game like we do in Australia, then a simple arcade game is not what you'd be buying.

The final third is the most fun for me, and smashing a shot goalwards after somehow dribbling flicking and jinking my way through defenders is the part that makes pro evo the edge of the seat game it looks to be this year...
I gotta admit Fifa has slowly sucked out my football gaming soul since 09 with its pitch that always feels like there is no room to breath. until that is you are constantly chasing the stupidly fast superstars towards your own goal, played in by the same through ball for the thousandth time.. Then and only then does the pitch feel endless expansive. This is why people are so relived at the arrival of this version of pro.. Warts and all
I'm liking the look of the menus,with its dark clean moody cut tiles, even the black background of konami is a nice touch.. Stopping me being microwaved across the room by my led TV..

I think some look too deeply into gaming.
Love hate relationship with PES though isnt it? Love the gameplay this year hate theres no option files for PS4, Master league looks average and lack of stadiums and licenses suck.

I think some look too deeply into gaming.
Love hate relationship with PES though isnt it? Love the gameplay this year hate theres no option files for PS4, Master league looks average and lack of stadiums and licenses suck.
Yeah that's fair to say, I think PES core gamers are forgiving at most things as long as the game has some real honest charm though...

Only because you're paying the same price as other games that have all those bells and whistles. It's 2014. I don't mind playing a fun game or arcade game at all. When I was 12-13 I used to love playing a football manager game that was text only! But if you're forking out $70-$80 per game like we do in Australia, then a simple arcade game is not what you'd be buying.

+1

Actually that´s what bugs me kinda.

60 € for PES 2014.2 (improved gameplay) and some more detailed faces?

Don´t know...

I second this,it looks the part but it doesn't play like it...passes even on manual are on a strait line trajectory,movement is still clunky and on the grid with those same invisible rails and shackles..fouls are none existent and players still step back and just hang motionless for a milesecond while the opposing player steels the ball gaining that extra yard.

It's the limitation of ball play and that restricted grid like passing on a 8 directional plain that just kills the immersion and is it that hard for konami to bring back all the freedom of the Iss series on the n64 of old..even today the passing,shooting and directional control of play still puts pes of today to shame.

Couple this with the senseless ai and despite years of the same promises ie this years a base which we will build on and you begin to wonder will they ever get there shit together again.

I'm not buying this year..I've gone back and back to the demo to see where all this supposed fun can be squeezed from but I ain't feeling it.

How basic and devoid of depth of control do konami footie games have to become before they throw in the towl.

But hey the faces look great!

Such a great company once and such a great heritage all the way back to iss deluxe..a far cry from today's output.

If they had just stuck to the building blocks of pes11 and refined and bettered all the shortcomings of that game,it beggars believe where we would be now..trying to work a miracle in a year is just producing a mediocre title with each passing year.

I've finally given up,all hope is lost for me....pes5 still pisses on it!..and I'm a forward thinking player that wants a modern footie game not some retro rehash.

+1000

Sad to say it but I feel the same, as much as I want to enjoy the demo I can't . .. it's so basic and limited.. . .if I see the A.I scoring that goal again where they cut in from the left or right inside of the box and you can't tackle them and they roll it past your keeper. . . I'll smash the demo. What a wasted opportunity in scrapping Pes 2014 advancements.

I was going to buy it in the hope that the Master league would be an in-depth affair but instead it will just like playing the demo over and over again with different teams.

It looks like most people are happy and it will sell well which is a good thing but the cutbacks on everything is shocking. .. .unless they're in severe debt cos I can't see any other reason for it!

Back
Top Bottom