PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

So many things look right in the game!
Animations, Player ID, faces, AI, the gameplay overall looks awesome.

If only these awful bowling-ball-on-ice physics on ground passing could be improved for the full release.

Anyways, I haven´t played the demo on the PS3 for some time now.

Gonna see my cousin this saturday and can´t wait to try the demo on his PS4.

Kinda excited about it.

Well according to Bhatti and that Podcast, the development is hardly going to touch the gameplay.

He also told something interesting about demo's (not necessarily PES demo's, but i think he was trying to tell us something about the things that happened the last 3 years).

He said that a demo is made by a separate part of the development team, people who only work on the demo. Sometimes they do things in the demo that are great, but that don't function in a full game because they provoke other bugs.

I think Adam was trying to tell us that this has happened with PES2012-2104.

I recommend that podcast to anyone who is interested in PES and in games development in general. I haven't got a clue about this and i really enjoyed it. Of course since it's totally new to me i haven't got a clue ifhe told the truth, but why wouldn't he.

This actually the first time i "heard" Adam and i quite liked him...he is not the idiot people make him...

So many things look right in the game!
Animations, Player ID, faces, AI, the gameplay overall looks awesome.

If only these awful bowling-ball-on-ice physics on ground passing could be improved for the full release.

Anyways, I haven´t played the demo on the PS3 for some time now.

Gonna see my cousin this saturday and can´t wait to try the demo on his PS4.

Kinda excited about it.

I am wondering if this is down to the demo using the super slick watered pitches. Maybe the drier ones will cause the ball to bobble around a bit more.

I am wondering if this is down to the demo using the super slick watered pitches. Maybe the drier ones will cause the ball to bobble around a bit more.

I had the same thing in mind and really hope that´s it.
But I thought of the length of the grass.
They said that you can customize that too, right?

Cause to me it looks a little like the grass is quite long as the ball seems to be covered quite much.

Would make sense and I really hope that´s it.

Because on shots and crosses, the ball physics are good.

Well according to Bhatti and that Podcast, the development is hardly going to touch the gameplay.

He also told something interesting about demo's (not necessarily PES demo's, but i think he was trying to tell us something about the things that happened the last 3 years).

He said that a demo is made by a separate part of the development team, people who only work on the demo. Sometimes they do things in the demo that are great, but that don't function in a full game because they provoke other bugs.

I think Adam was trying to tell us that this has happened with PES2012-2104.

I recommend that podcast to anyone who is interested in PES and in games development in general. I haven't got a clue about this and i really enjoyed it. Of course since it's totally new to me i haven't got a clue ifhe told the truth, but why wouldn't he.

This actually the first time i "heard" Adam and i quite liked him...he is not the idiot people make him...

failure on its way then if they dont balance shooting and tricks. this is what everyone hates about FIFA, if something is overpowered and not get fixed for a year. i just dont get it how could you like this game that much then. mehh maybe a later patch or mod will do it...

well ive seen one foul in about 40 games so id say that one aspect definitely needs addressing if you are planning on playing single player. You cannot have a football game without fouls. This is what ruined fifa 14

I have no clue what some of you mates are talking about not seeing any fouls...ive had plenty of fouls..yellow cards..red cards and it goes both ways..me and the cpu

Yep. It all depends on how you play. I play a patient passing game but my passes are almost always last second. That makes the defenders miss-tackle more time than not. I have seen plenty of yellow and some red. Even PKs.

Used to not get

Getting plenty now. The ref however is a bit card happy and the cut scenes are a bit samey

I managed to get Neuer booked but he really should have been sent off.

Pumped a long ball that him and higuan were both sprinting for I got a toe to it but Neuer slid at the same moment and caught higuans ankle with his arm

Looked awesome... The penalty not so much - the guys is a damn wall. I still suck at penalties in this game.

Just a quick question.

In the old days, when crossing, one tap gave a long lofted cross, double tap gave a short lofted cross and triple tap gave a grounder.

Now, with 2015, it seems that one tap gives a regular lofted cross and a double tap gives a grounder.

I can't seem to produce any variation in the lofted crosses any more.

Has anyone managed to figure this out?

Am I missing a modifier button or something?

Cheers.

Interesting Podcast from PES United. the fact that Adam is now a product manager can only be a big boost for the series. whether you like him personally or not the guy knows his PES so with him in control of the product requirements we could well get a continually improving game.

Interesting about the demos using different code where they go to town putting stuff in that they want in the game. People then love the demo, but when the code is added into the full game it causes a load of bugs and they need to pull some of the stuff out and people complain.

Also animations will improve, they chose to spend their time of game play as this was the biggest thing

Just a quick question.

In the old days, when crossing, one tap gave a long lofted cross, double tap gave a short lofted cross and triple tap gave a grounder.

Now, with 2015, it seems that one tap gives a regular lofted cross and a double tap gives a grounder.

I can't seem to produce any variation in the lofted crosses any more.

Has anyone managed to figure this out?

Am I missing a modifier button or something?

Cheers.

higher crosses with r2? I never use it so I can't really say

higher crosses with r2? I never use it so I can't really say

control-tips-crossing-720x405.jpg

Aha! Thank you, Isslander.

Those tips come and go so quickly sometimes, they are easy to miss! :)

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/263694/PES+2015:+"this+year+it's+about+righting+the+wrongs"/

''You mentioned we used to be the king and now we're the challenger and back when PES was great was PES 5 and PES 6 on PS2 days. We want to get back to those days too, you know. We just look back at those games at what made them so special. And that's been a key focus for us this year.''

"One of the cool things that we're doing this year is that we're getting some real ball data off UEFA. So we're trying to incorporate that in a way where it gives you that feeling [organic ball physics]."

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/263694/PES+2015:+"this+year+it's+about+righting+the+wrongs"/

''You mentioned we used to be the king and now we're the challenger and back when PES was great was PES 5 and PES 6 on PS2 days. We want to get back to those days too, you know. We just look back at those games at what made them so special. And that's been a key focus for us this year.''

"One of the cool things that we're doing this year is that we're getting some real ball data off UEFA. So we're trying to incorporate that in a way where it gives you that feeling [organic ball physics]."

If the demo is anything to go with then this is just words to put on the back of the box because the ball physics are "last gen" at best.

On a slightly positive note, the more I play the demo, the less I notice the horrible pitch texture and I do like that the gameplay isn't 100mph like FIFA.

Also why do the goalkeepers dive in slow motion? Something just doesn't look right when they dive

If the demo is anything to go with then this is just words to put on the back of the box because the ball physics are "last gen" at best.

On a slightly positive note, the more I play the demo, the less I notice the horrible pitch texture and I do like that the gameplay isn't 100mph like FIFA.

Also why do the goalkeepers dive in slow motion? Something just doesn't look right when they dive

Agreed 100%. Now it's like the rest of the game is responsive with the exception of the GKs. They are still stuck on slow motion. So bizarre to look at really.

Another thing is when you manually want to bring the GK out to make a save using the triangle it takes a whole second for it to respond. In the ps2 days this was instant. Needs fixing ASAP.

This has to be a joke..

Used to not get

Getting plenty now. The ref however is a bit card happy and the cut scenes are a bit samey

I managed to get Neuer booked but he really should have been sent off.

Pumped a long ball that him and higuan were both sprinting for I got a toe to it but Neuer slid at the same moment and caught higuans ankle with his arm

Looked awesome... The penalty not so much - the guys is a damn wall. I still suck at penalties in this game.

Are the referees more balanced now? PES14 always feels like the CPU can get away with anything, yet a simple nudge from me gets a yellow.

Xbox360-demo still doesn't click for me, it feels so bland, restricted and old-gen-like.

The only hope I have is that the PS4-version is way superior in every way and that's why people love it.

Back
Top Bottom