PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Guys with last 4-5 releases of PES Konami goes only down with little light at the end of the tunel with 2011 version of the game. For me Pes 2015 is the game I waiting for the whole time after pes 6, that means lifetime of last gen. This game is refreshing in every way, graphics, gameplay, animations etc. I hope the modes will be upgraded in positive way.

I honestly don't know what you lot are playing. I have hit shots and wondered how the fuck did he save that

Don't even get me started on randomness. The way Neuer has stuck out a hand and saved some point blank shots have raised a round of applause in our big offline session.

Go play this game with mates just 1 session and chime back

You not going to get much from the cpu on this limited demo

Guys with last 4-5 releases of PES Konami goes only down with little light at the end of the tunel with 2011 version of the game. For me Pes 2015 is the game I waiting for the whole time after pes 6, that means lifetime of last gen. This game is refreshing in every way, graphics, gameplay, animations etc.

Read this on another forum and it accurately depicts what's wrong with pes15..hate to burst peoples pes15 bubbles but lets not kid our selfs..credit to the author closer.

Pes has been having this issue for a long time. One could argue that Pes 2011 was the first pes to reduce the effects of rails. What you have talked about above is one of the many legacy issues with this game. Another major problem in Pes 2015 is passing. The passing trajectories are all preset. Even when a ball has a spin on it, it is still travelling on a 'rail'. In my opinion, there can be no individuality between passers when everything is still on rails. There are so many types of passes we see made in real life that we cannot see in pes 2015. This is due in part to the poor passing system in this game combined with the rails of this game. Curving your run automatically causes a significant reduction in speed to the point where it feels like rubberbanding is back in full force. There are very few player in real life who can beat Ronaldo or Bale in a full sprint yet players like Pique do it with no issues in this game. You want to play a measured pass? Its highly unlikely in this game. In fact, it is best if you just bypass the midfield all together. The introduction of advanced through passing in Pes 2014 was a farce and it is still a farce in pes 2015. You should be able to pull of those through ball passes with highly rated passers in Pes 2015 and that control scheme needs to be removed. Advanced through ball passing is essentially what you can do in Fifa 15 on basic controls. This desire to over-complicate things is truly unnecessary. There can be depth in simplicity.

Another issue I have noticed is the ineffectiveness of CPU drive runs. What do i mean? Well i'm referring to the runs your forward should make. What happened to the curved runs that we used to see before? They are pretty much non existent. To make matters worse, defensive marking is so poor. I believe it was vital who initially noticed this in the lead up to the demo while the rest of us where giving the gameplay videos raving reviews. The defensive line is not dynamic but static. It always maintains a certain gap within players. There are so many times while playing the game, a winger will cut in but the rb/lb will stay in the same area marking empty space. Honestly, many of you might already have tired of my complaints but I will not stop bringing these issues up because the series cannot afford to continue in this direction. The devs cannot continue to 'hard code' these things in while every other studio on the planet is moving towards dynamic systems. I'm not surprised that people are not seeing glaring issues with this game. It is still the honey moon phase and it will continue to be so till maybe early next year.

All the issues with this game are down to one thing which has been identified by harmonyvid35. Everything is on rails. Shot trajectory are all the same regardless of the player. The pass trajectories are all the similar and in a way, some individuality has been lost in my opinion. Everything wrong with this game stems from the developers being trapped in a mentality that is 2 decades old. The ps2 is dead and gone and they need to evolve. Pes 2011 signified the first major step towards evolution but they reverted back to their old habits with 2012 and 2013. As bad as 2014 was, it was another attempt to evolve by attempting to introduce physics into the game but it failed. Again they have resorted back to their old habits with 2015. At this point, i think the development of this franchise needs to leave Japan. It is quite obvious that the dev team is not technically adept. If you look at all the japanese studios, with the exception of Kojima's studio, they have all failed to evolve. Even Kojima's studio is lagging significantly behind western developers. MGS V is not a next gen looking game. There have significant issues with their engine that needs to be addressed before they can catch up.

I don't even know why the pes team decided to use the fox engine. They could have licensed engines like Unreal engine 4, Unity or even Cry engine but i suppose that japanese language support was the main deciding factor. Honestly at this point, i don't care which company produces the football game that i've been waiting for. It doesn't matter if it Konami, EA, 2k, Rockstar, whoever but things really need to change. Konami pretty much stagnated throughout last gen and they are on pace to do it again this gen. Ea made some initial strides early last gen and just stagnated through the rest of the gen. I'm hopeful that one day, EA can get it right. They have all the technical systems in place to make an excellent football game but the gameplay and AI need a significant overhaul which they have been unwilling to make so far.

This is just going too in-depth. Maybe thats just me. I try not to take life, myself, or video games too seriously.

The game is a lot of joy to play. Master League should be a blast.

where do you see the biggest difference between players?
Without going to deep into stats just take a look at how messi, c-ronaldo, robben, ribery and iniesta run just to mention a few players they all move like they do in real life nba2k does that pretty well too , i just dont see that in the other game to be honest with you.

Last edited:
This is just going too in-depth. Maybe thats just me. I try not to take life, myself, or video games too seriously.

The game is a lot of joy to play. Master League should be a blast.

This. Self-importance and over-analysis. I've been there before and I'm sure a lot of people have.

It's fighting the wrong battle if you're not finding a way to tell Konami themselves.

I quite enjoy the game but the way I'm looking at it is that a lot of people are still not enjoying the demo. Remember this is a PES forum and people came here because they liked PES.

Surely to be the best PES ever etc, the majority of people here would like PES 2015's demo? Yet there's a big split so it's not doing enough to win over the older fans somehow.

What's the deal with attacking headers in this game? I've played the demo a lot but I don't think I've scored from a single header yet. Not from a corner or from crosses. Anyone found this?

Other than this, the lack of fouls and maybe a little more variation in shooting, this is looking like a very decent PES indeed.

The heading is fantastic in this game, scored many headers and hit the bar with one that was exactly like RVPs against Spain in the World Cup. What are you having trouble with? Are you connecting with the ball or are you having a hard time actually heading it?

I also do not find there to be a lack of fouls, in fact if there were any more it would probably get annoying.

I quite enjoy the game but the way I'm looking at it is that a lot of people are still not enjoying the demo. Remember this is a PES forum and people came here because they liked PES.

Surely to be the best PES ever etc, the majority of people here would like PES 2015's demo? Yet there's a big split so it's not doing enough to win over the older fans somehow.

I have been playing since ISS and I love this game, I literally cant stop playing it. It is everything that people who dont like the game say its not and from my experience with it I cant say I have read more than a few valid criticisms.

the way i see it : if this PES 2015 demo hasn't won the majority over by now, i really start to wonder if any PES ever has and ever will.

this demo is very good stuff, best PES i've played in years.
really don't hope they listen to some of you guys here and mess up the final product.

now wonder it won sports game of the year at gamescom.

Can someone please help me out?

Is it possible to change controller buttons in the demo? I didn't find an option to do that myself. I've been always using FIFA buttons whhen playing PES.

The heading is fantastic in this game, scored many headers and hit the bar with one that was exactly like RVPs against Spain in the World Cup. What are you having trouble with? Are you connecting with the ball or are you having a hard time actually heading it?

All I know is that I haven't scored from a header yet and I must have played around 40 games on the demo. Maybe it's just that I'm not getting enough crosses in or that I'm mistiming the action when I do get a headed chance.

It's good to know that headed goals are possible and as satisfying as you describe though.

Here goes long one. :)

Been playing ISS/WE/PES for nearly 2 decades now, from ISS Pro on N64/PS1 to PES6 on PS2/PC. Yes, I haven't played next-gen PES games (2008-2014), maybe around 50 matches on 2008/2011/2012/2014 PES editions. 2008 was a massive let down, and every new edition was just it's follower. Every year it was like this: check new PES->again see it's not ''that game''->keep on enjoying PES6.
Recently I bought an X360, RGH version, which came with PES 2014 and FIFA 14 on it. Tried both games, and this 2014 PES seemed really bad, but compared to the other game it still had a bit of a classic ISS/PES gene, just enough to make it a winner between those two. I really tried to play FIFA, to see why some PES players switched over but it failed big time to get my further interest. It has all the (un)necesarry cosmetics and brilliant presentation, but when I play, it keeps reminding me of a 1998 version (last FIFA I played).

Let's get back to the topic - PES 2015 demo. After playing near 100 games (Xbox 360 version), I can just say probably the most cliche phrase, especially in last days here and on other PES-related forums - PES (or The King) IS BACK! What made me say so? To put it in a simple way - it's a continuation of where PES6 stopped and it has that ''one more game syndrome'', well-known from ISS/PES, that was missing for all those years.
PES6 successor with all new movements, animations, graphics, details and most importantly - addictive gameplay, ISS/WE/(old)PES trademark. Being a loong time PES6 player, this demo just can't stop to amaze me with all new stuff (I watch replays regulary).

Almost (below are things that must/needs to be improved) everything is as it should be: players responsiveness, ball physics (no, its not heavy), headers, animations and transition between them, faces, fluidity, player ID, AI (team ID!), goalkeepers, new fatigue system (no more running around like mad)... I probably forgot something, but it was surely mentioned before. With all this mixed up, as a result you have gameplay that just don't let you stop playing.
It would be unreal for a game with predecessors like PES2008-2014 to be with without cons, especially because it's a demo version. The main thing, that MUST to be improved is fouls, and almost everything about them. CPU doesn't commit fouls, not more than 3 times in 10 10mins games. Sliding tackles - it's impossible to take the ball doing them, 9 out of 10 times it would be a foul, and a card (red is not uncommon too), even if you do ''innocent'' sliding tackle on opponents half. Compared to PES6, when I regulary used sliding tackles to intercept pass or take the ball, this is a big big let down. Also, animations that follow sliding tackles, when player fails like it's tackled with a double two-leg slide (he was just barely touched) are just too much. Yellow card frequency is also unreal... Kazuki Ito would be ashamed. Referee movement after the foul is commited, and following animations doesn't match also, but that's really a small issue, and I'm sure it would be fixed in full version. But those mentioned things, when it comes to fouls are, I repeat - A MUST. Shooting... at first it seemed that 90% of shots are on the target, but after more matches I realised that match can finish with something like (3)12. Maybe just a little bit less precise, 10%ish would be just OK. Bigger problem is is shot power, which needs to be reduced for at least 15%-25% (depending of a player). The tricks are so easy to do, and I mean tricks like rainbow flick, I can just hold two analogs and make the defender doing it continously... make them way harder to do, or disable completely (who likes tricks, there is other game). When doing ground passing, ball has that rails feeling, but it's not that much annoying as the people moan on forums. PES6 was completely on a rails, so?

Every PES has it's faults, it can't be perfect with many different tastes from player to player. PES6 has it's drawbacks too, but it gained legendary status. I know it has been 8 years since it's release, and that in 2014 we should have much more polished version than what we are having now, but for me it's important that they're (KONAMI) on the right track with this edition. Another thing, in my opinion, people are way too harsh when criticize PES these days, like they want it to be as bad as possible. Yes, it wasn't good for many years but this time it's different story. Give it a chance, and give it a time in years to come, hopefully they will follow this path.

Also, nice to see older members (on this, and other 2 PES forums), like me, again having interest in new PES after many years. There's something in it. :)

PES taking over like it did back in the day.

Definitely. This game also caters to every kind of style of play. I play completely differently type of match when I am Napoli compared to Atl. Madrid for example. If you know how to play with Atletico then you can easily beat any team because as a team Atletico is well put together. I find it hard to play with them and I always play against Madrid and rarely win with Atletico. But I see so much potential with the way you can play with each team and learn completely different styles. Leaves you wondering how other teams will be like.

Yeah it's a bit long but those guys can be entertaining.

Interesting bits into why you can't do everything in one sweep. What we may see as basic improvements like net physics affects the development of the game

Also in the podcast Adam mentions the pitch editor

He says something like having a good editor to mage a great looking stadium is only going to be enjoyed on the opening cutscenes but when you allow to edit the pitch for example having a dry turf makes playing less fluid or wetting the pitch makes it faster is really cool. The focus is very much on the gameplay this year

Yeah it's a bit long but those guys can be entertaining.

Interesting bits into why you can't do everything in one sweep. What we may see as basic improvements like net physics affects the development of the game

Also in the podcast Adam mentions the pitch editor

He says something like having a good editor to mage a great looking stadium is only going to be enjoyed on the opening cutscenes but when you allow to edit the pitch for example having a dry turf makes playing less fluid or wetting the pitch makes it faster is really cool. The focus is very much on the gameplay this year

Entertaining indeed. It's like listening to Johnny Knoxville and Owen Wilson do a PES podcast :LOL:

That podcast, interesting the Brand talk. I'm eager now.
me too that pod-cast filled me with hope for the future of pes and made me a bit more realistic with what i expect them to be able to do in a year. I was really moved by adam bhatti's dedication to making the best pes game possible

I've been listening too, Bhatti get's way too much stick. He is very dedicated and wants the best working in a very weird company.

That podcast confirmed to me what I had hoped.
This year its about gameplay and gameplay only.
PES needs its hardcore fan-base back.
Next year we will see all the little cut scenes, rain and stuff that make FIFA look pretty. But no point in adding that to a game with poor gameplay so I think the PES team have done the right thing this year.

Back
Top Bottom