PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

This is hands down the best football game of all time.

I have found that the key to controlling your momentum and gradually accelerate and decelerating is to massage the sprint button. The brilliant thing about it is that you can also use the same manipulation of momentum when defending as a team using the pressing options.

Noone, except for Deco, seems to be visiting the other thread. I've played about 30 matches of the xbox360-demo of PES 2015. My impressions are:

It still hasn't clicked for me. I start to feel even guilty for not enjoying it as others.

Or is that the xbox360's gameplay is much worse than on next-gen?

After about 20 matches with the demo, I fire up PES 2014, version 1.16 and to me PES 2014 feels like a next-gen-version compared with the demo of PES 2015.

Sure, it's not fair to compare a full release game patched up numerous times with a bare-bones-demo, but fair or not, that's how I experience it.

Not only does the graphics, pitch and lighting feel considerably better, but it seems also to have more animations and the gameplay seems more complex and for me more rewarding.

The thing I noticed in the demo is that when I have the ball and the opponent is pressing, there is always only one player who is opposing me. Even when surrounded by three players, it's always only one of them who's AI is active. The others watch and do nothing except for keeping up. Only when the one active is beaten by me, again one of the others gets active and I know that only he would try to do something...

That doesn't happen in PES 2014.

The camera-setting in the demo is also doing its thing to lessen the experience. It is too close for my liking, the wide-camera in PES 2014 is farther out.

For me at the moment, having played 30 matches of the xbox360-demo, PES 2014, version 1.16, feels considerably better.

Noone, except for Deco, seems to be visiting the other thread. I've played about 30 matches of the xbox360-demo of PES 2015. My impressions are:

It still hasn't clicked for me. I start to feel even guilty for not enjoying it as others.

Or is that the xbox360's gameplay is much worse than on next-gen?

After about 20 matches with the demo, I fire up PES 2014, version 1.16 and to me PES 2014 feels like a next-gen-version compared with the demo of PES 2015.

Sure, it's not fair to compare a full release game patched up numerous times with a bare-bones-demo, but fair or not, that's how I experience it.

Not only does the graphics, pitch and lighting feel considerably better, but it seems also to have more animations and the gameplay seems more complex and for me more rewarding.

The thing I noticed in the demo is that when I have the ball and the opponent is pressing, there is always only one player who is opposing me. Even when surrounded by three players, it's always only one of them who's AI is active. The others watch and do nothing except for keeping up. Only when the one active is beaten by me, again one of the others gets active and I know that only he would try to do something...

That doesn't happen in PES 2014.

The camera-setting in the demo is also doing its thing to lessen the experience. It is too close for my liking, the wide-camera in PES 2014 is farther out.

For me at the moment, having played 30 matches of the xbox360-demo, PES 2014, version 1.16, feels considerably better.

I'm with you and Deco on this. The lack of pressure might be my biggest gripe with the 2015 demo. In 2014 CPU ball possession percentage was sometimes above 50%. With the 2015 demo (and pre 2014 versions) my ball possession is always (much) higher then my opponent. The lack of pressure, and thus challenge results in a lack of incentive to play my best football as i have all the time to pick out a free player. Ultimately this makes my games more predictable and less rewarding.

I'm with you and Deco on this. The lack of pressure might be my biggest gripe with the 2015 demo. In 2014 CPU ball possession percentage was sometimes above 50%. With the 2015 demo (and pre 2014 versions) my ball possession is always (much) higher then my opponent. The lack of pressure, and thus challenge results in a lack of incentive to play my best football as i have all the time to pick out a free player. Ultimately this makes my games more predictable and less rewarding.

In the tactical options there are plenty options to play pressing ( team-tactics and than hit the shoulderbutton to get the defensive options ), so the lack of pressure of the teams at the moment might be because you play in exhibition mode. In all previous versions the exhibition mode played some levels lower than, say, Master league.

:CONF:The lack of constant pressure in the demo is one of the best aspects of it. In PES 2014 there was never time to play any creative football due to always feeling harried by the incessant pressure.

:CONF:The lack of constant pressure in the demo is one of the best aspects of it. In PES 2014 there was never time to play any creative football due to always feeling harried by the incessant pressure.

True, if it is well programmed, the amount of pressure depends on the team you play against. Some teams play pressure, others don't or play lesser pressure.

True, if it is well programmed, the amount of pressure depends on the team you play against. Some teams play pressure, others don't or play lesser pressure.

Correct, and with most teams the pressure ebbs and flows to some degree. No team can maintain constant pressure for 90+ minutes like the CPU did in PES 2014.

I finally got around to playing the demo today. I don't love it but it's better than Fifa in my opinion. I can't really explain it that well but PES feels a lot simpler and in control of itself whereas Fifa seems to hide behind way too many variables and everything seems so out of control. I suppose that sense of variety could wow some but I appreciate the control-of-the-basics that PES allows for.

Just starting to find out how the new stamina system effects the games tactical side, its a game changer. It is a big factor now in player position and offensive / defensive play. Master League is going to be great as long as it is back to the quality of 2013.

After playing it allot this weekend I think I am gonna pass on this one. It just isn't what KONAMI is trying to tell us what it is. The game does have a fun factor and I think it's on par wih FIFA. for me both games are equally good or bad. both games will be fun to play with friends. For me it doesn't matter which one we play.

After playing it allot this weekend I think I am gonna pass on this one. It just isn't what KONAMI is trying to tell us what it is. The game does have a fun factor and I think it's on par wih FIFA. for me both games are equally good or bad. both games will be fun to play with friends. For me it doesn't matter which one we play.

This left me confused. Are you saying you are going with FIFA this year?

I finally got around to playing the demo today. I don't love it but it's better than Fifa in my opinion. I can't really explain it that well but PES feels a lot simpler and in control of itself whereas Fifa seems to hide behind way too many variables and everything seems so out of control. I suppose that sense of variety could wow some but I appreciate the control-of-the-basics that PES allows for.

For me fifa is dynamic with pitch and player freedom and if you are new to tactical defending it needs practise. PES is far to lineaar for my liking and plaayers feel slow and cumbersome. Its hard to explain but working with excel as an example the through ball button 95% of the time feels like it is progarmmed with an if function.. IF through ball button is pressed, kill defenders reaction and roll perfectly to striker. Also i kind of find single player boring and stale..slow, no fouls, skipping animations and no agression..FIFA for me is streets ahead

For me this is best pes till now with no doubt! I played it alot this weekend and the game amazes me even more with every new game. Yeah it has the fun factor but in a positive way. You have to understand the mechanics of the game. I played on full manual and i feel like I had complete control of the game that is very important for me in defence or attack. Tried fifa demo but no, that game can't retain my attention no matter how I try...when the game starts and opponent start to move with the ball in every possible way around my defenders thats sign to turn off the game. Players look like they don't have weight. Even in the graphics I think that if pes have more greener turf will be awesome. For player models and faces i think everyone knows :) but the most amazing about pes this year is how deep tactics is and how it works with stamina in par. None footbal game is close to pes 2015. Lets hope final version doesn't bring negative suprises in terms of gameplay and everything will be superb :)

This left me confused. Are you saying you are going with FIFA this year?

No, normally I would buy PES or FIFA and play solo, but this year will only be with friends and almost all my friends have FIFA or PES. So when we wanna play we just go to someones house.

both games lack to much to play alone or online.

And for me my interest in football games has dropped year by year.

ps3 version of 2015 is far from pretty bad and miles above pes 2014.
Gameplay wise there's not much to choose between ps4 and ps3, obviously ps4 has improved graphics and animations etc but not the huge leap you are saying:P

I beg to differ.
But it's just a matter of taste I guess. I played both and PS3 version was awful to say the least.

Its clearly the best PES in the history of PES/WE. I had so much fun playing ISS 98 back in the day it was hard for me to put that game down on N64. Then PES5\WE9LE was just a pure joy but this is different animal now. The ultra instant responsivness, jaw dropping animations, passing, shooting to me everything is now near perfect.
Jaw dropping animations? As in jaw dropping that animations are still being used from years ago?

You know playing my old crew is such a refresher.

They don't follow websites and have over the years not played much PES or FIFA for that matter.

We started with fifa15 and it was amazing at how hardcore gamers see things as good like ball physics which imo are great - they find sluggish and annoying.
Players were considered slow and cumbersome and not representative of the world's best footballers

Switched over to PES demo and they went nuts. These guys are the representative of the casuals and they were unanimous on what game they adding to their library.

I would be very interested to see how PES does in sales this year.

Last edited:
Guys can someone confirm shoot + dash works this year? I tried to shoot this way and ball has more narrower trajectory also is more powerful :) I don`t know is it my perception so can someone try and confirm? We don`t have proper guide... Thanks :)

I don't know if it's the best PES of all time (Too soon to tell.) But it's definitely the best PES in a long, long time.

And it's probably the first time ever that PES LOD is better than FIFA's

Last edited:
Its clearly the best PES in the history of PES/WE. I had so much fun playing ISS 98 back in the day it was hard for me to put that game down on N64. Then PES5\WE9LE was just a pure joy but this is different animal now. The ultra instant responsivness, jaw dropping animations, passing, shooting to me everything is now near perfect.

Even though I love such positive posts more than the negative ones:

I´ve learned to be careful to say that about the demo as you never know what the full version gonna be like (let alone PC full release).
They have two months to iron out annoying stuff (if there really is stuff to be ironed out, opinions differ here) but you never know whether they gonna change stuff that actually had been right in the demo.

Plus, even I like the demo´s gameplay, that´s not enough for me.
I want long term fun with master league offline, also online and I want a complete package of modes.
Not talking about licenses here and I also don´t really care about stadiums.
But there has to be depth in the single player master league - not like in PES 2014 - like in PES 2010 or 2011 and I really hope that the myClub feature turns out to be a well balanced mod.

It´s not ONLY about gameplay anymore imho.

It's not only about it for sure, but it still is the main selling point for me. I really couldn't care less if we had no licenses if the gameplay was really enjoyable. I'd happily spend time editing team names. Can't be hard to do.

I'm not by any means giving excuses. Only saying the truth here from my pov. I've tried games that looked superb but had them collect dust in no time. No substance. When it came to what actually mattered they failed. So if I was given the option of better gameplay I'd take it.

I'd love to have the full package obviously, but I know we don't live in a perfect world.

I get a bit confused by the length of time people spend analysing a game on boards and playing the demo and even enjoying parts of it and then say that they won't get the game.

The demo is normally a poor indication of what the game play is going to be, though I do think that this year it will resemble the final product a lot closer than previous years.

The game play changes with each team you play against and what the score currently is in that and this is just one exhibition mode. Other modes always play differently.

Add to this that peoples understanding of the game and enjoyment seems to vastly change as they get into it and that you can probably pick a copy up for £35 and then sell it later for not that much less and I think it would be daft not to try the finished product.

I really like it. The only thing I am not keen on is that on superstar certain teams can hold the ball against me for far too long. If you go down to atletico madrid you can spend nearly 10 minutes of the match trying to close them down to win the ball.

People said they wanted to see more of teams passing the ball about in possession, they now do that and you cannot get near them for unrealistic amounts of time

Last edited:
You know playing my old crew is such a refresher.

They don't follow websites and have over the years not played much PES or FIFA for that matter.

We started with fifa15 and it was amazing at how hardcore gamers see things as good like ball physics which imo are great - they find sluggish and annoying.
Players were considered slow and cumbersome and not representative of the world's best footballers

Switched over to PES demo and they went nuts. These guys are the representative of the casuals and they were unanimous on what game they adding to their library.

I would be very interested to see how PES does in sales this year.

Yes that's the problem with pes the last couple of years. They left their philosophy of making an arcade football game with well picked aspects that are simulation and they decided to go for the all simulation path. Just like fifa wants to do imo. And real simulation is very boring and imo not playable in a football game. Because the game pace would be too slow, real humans just cant run and turn fast enough or sprint for long times or make strong shots from awkward angles. Do you think battlefield or cod are simulations? No real humans cant do half of the actions done in those games. Thats why it is fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom