PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Seems pretty balanced imo.
Not seeing too many fouls committed by the cpu even when it totally smashes you up in the air.
The game this year is the most fun I've had on pes in years, dare I say it even the keepers are good and pull off some top saves.
After last years poor showing I swore I wouldn't buy it again
(been saying that since 2008:FISH:) but this demo does it for me.

If the demo is anything to go with then this is just words to put on the back of the box because the ball physics are "last gen" at best.

On a slightly positive note, the more I play the demo, the less I notice the horrible pitch texture and I do like that the gameplay isn't 100mph like FIFA.

Also why do the goalkeepers dive in slow motion? Something just doesn't look right when they dive

I agree on the ball physics. Last year there was also PR talk of having mapped a whole "plethora" (I may have lifted that term from the 3 Amigo's...) of ball trajectories but it certainly didn't feel that way in the game and they never went on to elaborate on that element. If they're going to talk it up (which is their choice) then they must back it up or else just don't mention it.

And also agree on the keepers. It's like they fall to the side and just push the shot away as if time has frozen for them. And it irks me when people say animations are brilliant and keepers are great...yes, they may be great functionally and make some good saves, but if the animation looks "off" then it gives the impression of keepers not being great, even if they've made the save.

People will say that's nitpicking, whereas I will say that's the 5% where people are happy to ignore and it's holding PES back because they're not going all the way with something. Reminds me of someone handing in the first draft of something and thinking it's amazing and if anyone gives them feedback, they bite their head off.

Interesting about the demos using different code where they go to town putting stuff in that they want in the game. People then love the demo, but when the code is added into the full game it causes a load of bugs and they need to pull some of the stuff out and people complain.

Also animations will improve, they chose to spend their time of game play as this was the biggest thing

I haven't listened to the podcast but that sounds promising. One of the more recent tweets I saw from Adam inferred that they weren't touching gameplay in the last two months but were predominantly working on player faces. Which to me sounds like a lower priority than smoothing out player animations (GK's in particular). Not sure if that was mentioned though?

^ Think they will. But probably not until the next installment. Handball was in all PES4-PES5-PES6 and it was implemented perfectly that it didn't happen all the time, just the perfect amount.

Anyway, I have good feelings about this game. It's making me go back and play the demo over and over again which doesn't happen to me often if ever. Hopefully we'll see some improvements regarding online features. Can't wait...

In the podcast Adam Bhatti said that they are aware the animations could be better. For 2015 they concentrate on gameplay and for later verslons they will work on animations.

The development always thought that they would have neder two years to being PES. back. He said that literally.

I think he's a very good addition in his new role, but he is at times a lousy PR man. Deep down he is still a fan werking on the game now. IMO that is a good thing.

It's the best PES since the PS2 days but after playing FIFA for weeks now I decided to try the official American Demo and the lack of movement freedom compared to Fifa is horrible the ball is yards from a player and you can't interupt the players movement and change direction completely to intercept it. Same when u have the possession of the ball it feels like the old 8 d-pad directions compared to Fifas full manual controls.
I know Ppl on here say you can't judge a game from a demo unless it's positive lol but it is a great base to create a great Pes from for PS4 and Xbox one.

Interesting Podcast from PES United. the fact that Adam is now a product manager can only be a big boost for the series. whether you like him personally or not the guy knows his PES so with him in control of the product requirements we could well get a continually improving game.

Honestly I think he´s a cool dude, but the way things are communicated and implemented make me having doubts that he really knows his PES.
But then it´s probably not his fault as he doesn´t get enough proper information to provide to the fans.
Anyway, it seems that he managed for PES 2015 going in the right direction and the hybrid PC version surely wasn´t his idea.
Let´s see what the final product offers.

about handball:
Already mentioned it, but that´s something I absolutely don´t need in a footy game.
Always hated it when it happened and was glad when it was taken out.
Yes, it adds realism but you don´t have any control or influence about it and it´s for the CPU to decide which is already contentious when it comes to balancing or scripting.
And handball would be another big factor in that matter, specially when one happens in your own box and your opponent gets a penalty.
A good balance between fun and realism has to be maintained and that´s something I would X-out on the list.

Just my opinion.

Only Pro Evolutions ‏@onlyproevo 3m3 minutes ago
Interesting reports coming in from Brazil. @ESPNagora are claiming that Wolfsburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach will be licensed in PES 2015.

It's the best PES since the PS2 days but after playing FIFA for weeks now I decided to try the official American Demo and the lack of movement freedom compared to Fifa is horrible the ball is yards from a player and you can't interupt the players movement and change direction completely to intercept it. Same when u have the possession of the ball it feels like the old 8 d-pad directions compared to Fifas full manual controls.
I know Ppl on here say you can't judge a game from a demo unless it's positive lol but it is a great base to create a great Pes from for PS4 and Xbox one.

+1

Only Pro Evolutions ‏@onlyproevo 3m3 minutes ago
Interesting reports coming in from Brazil. @ESPNagora are claiming that Wolfsburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach will be licensed in PES 2015.

Brazil?

You will need these mate

1000kg-rock-salt-including-delivery-and-vat-40-x-25kg-bags-85-p.jpg

:LOL:

...the lack of movement freedom compared to Fifa is horrible the ball is yards from a player and you can't interupt the players movement and change direction completely to intercept it. Same when u have the possession of the ball it feels like the old 8 d-pad directions compared to Fifas full manual controls.

Completely agree with that. In this area Pro Evolution Soccer hasn't "evolved" at all.

Brazil?

You will need these mate

1000kg-rock-salt-including-delivery-and-vat-40-x-25kg-bags-85-p.jpg

:LOL:

We are currently having the BGS (Brasil Game Show)

So, some of these informations might actually be real. Plus, who said that is the brazilian espn, they conducted an interview with someone from konami.

And the trailer posted above confirms tha only four brazilian teams will be licensed at launch, the others coming later as DLC

We are currently having the BGS (Brasil Game Show)

So, some of these informations might actually be real. Plus, who said that is the brazilian espn, they conducted an interview with someone from konami.

And the trailer posted above confirms tha only four brazilian teams will be licensed at launch, the others coming later as DLC

I am sorry my friend just having a go. Brazil and PES news has a bad history.

Lotsa love and peace

That Brazil game show trailer wasn't impressive to me, the animations look papery and off kinda.

They should never show close up animations. No one gets anything from it.

People know it doesn't resemble the game play they will get as no one plays the game that close up and people might think it's rendered and it makes the animations looks shit

They should isn't record people playing the game for a few days and then pick out the best game play and goals and use them.

Looks like bowling ball physics, big baggy shorts and the amazing Champion/Beglin commentary are all firm.:))

Last edited:
They should never show close up animations. No one gets anything from it.

People know it doesn't resemble the game play they will get as no one plays the game that close up and people might think it's rendered and it makes the animations looks shit

They should isn't record people playing the game for a few days and then pick out the best game play and goals and use them.

Maybe they are. Look at the first goal, scored by the number 10 (around 0:43). Where on Earth does anyone finish a 1 v 1 by casually slicing across the face of the ball, leg going one way and the ball going the other? PES 2011 had some good finishing animations and I've seen some better ones on PES 2015...but that one in the trailer I've seen too often and it has no place in the game - just looks very unnatural and totally out of place in that context.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom