PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

To be honest, I've been disappointed by both PES and FIFA last year, provided that I didn't play FIFA nextgen version. Also I play mostly against AI and both games are horrendous in that.

PES 2014 has some responsiveness issues to the player input and some animations still look robotic and twitchy. And the goalkeeper hasn't really been improved from previous games.

Meanwhile FIFA14(PS3) feels too fast arcady and ping pong. Team tactics don't really have much effect on the pitch. But I gotta say that the animation is a lot more realistic and fluid compared to PES.

The problem for me is that it seems that PES is trying too hard to become FIFA with all the gimmicks and such while FIFA is getting stale due to lack of competition. As the result, all we get are two incompetent football games.

I won't lie. These impressions are quite encouraging.

But aren't they always? Previews and that sort of stuff are essentially PR write-ups by journalists.
I just hope we don't get to the 25th and are presented with a 1 minute trailer with gameplay clips in cinematic camera angles, like last year's E3 trailer.

If they are serious about this game, they need to do a developer diaries with actual gameplay. Something that pretty much everyone else in the industry is doing these days. But, as always, Konami lags behind.

But aren't they always? Previews and that sort of stuff are essentially PR write-ups by journalists.
I just hope we don't get to the 25th and are presented with a 1 minute trailer with gameplay clips in cinematic camera angles, like last year's E3 trailer.

If they are serious about this game, they need to do a developer diaries with actual gameplay. Something that pretty much everyone else in the industry is doing these days. But, as always, Konami lags behind.
Agreed. I would like to see something a little more substantial than the usual shitty trailers Konami release. They really need to get the fans on their side this year.

But I gotta say that the animation is a lot more realistic and fluid compared to PES.​

Couldn't disagree more!
FIFA 14 compared to PES 2013 yes, but PES 2014, no way!

Animation wise PES 2014 looks a lot more realistic than FIFA in my opinion.
I also would like to know which animations exactly you mean that look robotic to you.

But each opinion to his own.​

OFF - I may sound a bit biased since I am brazilian, but This world has been so much more enjoyable to watch than the Last one. What a game Holland and Australia has been so far

I'm not gonna miss any Holland matchs, Robben is a Beast!

Edit: goddamit I'm loving how Australia is playing right now, very attacking minded, no fear at all

Last edited:

IMO PES 2014 looks fantastic -especially the animations- but is so boring to play, partly due to the laggy controls. I think they really need to get back to a more intuitive/speedy gameplay. They also need to improve the inertia of the players, for instance 2K Games (Top spin, NBA 2K) do a wonderful job at making you feel on the field. Neither PES nor Fifa achieve this.

Pes 2013 was a very refined version of Pes 2012 with more balance in dribbling speed.

I believe that if we get the same level of gameplay refinement This year that Pes 2013 recieved, Pes 2015 could be a good game, and I don't Think Pes 2014 isn't a bad base for that.

In other words, I want Pes 2015 to be in comparison to Pes 2014 what Pes 2013 was in comparison to Pes 2012 in terms of n
Key gameplay aspects.

Last edited:

OFF - I may sound a bit biased since I am brazilian, but This world has been so much more enjoyable to watch than the Last one. What a game Holland and Australia has been so far

I'm not gonna miss any Holland matchs, Robben is a Beast!

Edit: goddamit I'm loving how Australia is playing right now, very attacking minded, no fear at all

Australia is looking really good.. Leckie is a very interesting player, He had a really good second half against Chile.. and right now he is destroying Hollands left side (Blind and De Jong mostly)! :o

And really liking those little impressions.. let's hope that they're all true! :TTTH:
I've been playing PES 14 a lot lattely.. and I'm actually enjoying it... responsiveness is the biggest problem right now(And the Keepers).

PES strikes back
After spending so much time on Electronic Arts booth, we almost could not tell the difference between Fifa & Madden's trailers. Year after year Fifa heads towards a more physical gameplay, wouldn't EA confuse football & american football? On the other side what a surprise to see PES revive the fluidity of the PS2 episodes.

This scares me, does that mean they have reduced the inertia and effects of foot planting? Hope not I dont want PES to end up like FIFA where you just float around.

This scares me, does that mean they have reduced the inertia and foot planting? Hope not.

I think they mean that the game overall is more playable and responsive. None of this stuck on animation, input lag or cursor changing delay business.

I think they mean that the game overall is more playable and responsive. None of this stuck on animation, input lag or cursor changing delay business.

I have had a bad feeling about this game ever since they announced the reveal date. Last World Cup I dreamt that Konami revealed PES during it and it was a super arcadey game, kinda like Virtua Soccer and it had incredible graphics. There was no PES reveal during the last World Cup but this year there is and its on a new generation of hardware with fantastic graphics, I hope it was not a premonition.

Australia is looking really good.. Leckie is a very interesting player, He had a really good second half against Chile.. and right now he is destroying Hollands left side (Blind and De Jong mostly)! :o

And really liking those little impressions.. let's hope that they're all true! :TTTH:
I've been playing PES 14 a lot lattely.. and I'm actually enjoying it... responsiveness is the biggest problem right now(And the Keepers).

I like this Cahill, he can be very dangerous in those area balls.

And Australia showed their weakness in that RVP, you can't let a player like him onside and inside the Big area.

And that wasn't penalty.

Last edited:

Played PES 2014 just now. This game is trash. Player awareness does not exist. The ball could be 2 feet away from your player and he doesn't even try to catch it, he just lets it by. They can't even properly receive the ball, they always turn to the wrong direction and then get stuck jogging instead of trying to get the ball.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent! #ThePitchIsOurs

10500363_10152180155824327_5923669967173268697_n.png

... and both players never exhibited anything but class, even when their form betrayed them.

I'm confident Pes2015 will be nice. Ironically it'll be THE year I won't be playing PES regularly anymore :SMUG:. I'm a grown ass man, I don't expect much, nothing actually, but hey if somehow there's a great game in stores by September, I'd be happy to play it occasionally.

Last edited:

Good old times.
Konami needs to bring such gameplay-feeling back.

these types of goal remind me of FIFA10 and the older pes games.

I kinda like their new style, just don't like that text. It sounds arrogant. I know it's marketing, but I feel kinda offended.

Last edited:

This time, in the demo, I will spend more time on it, rather than fall in love with it and then get tricked to buy the full game. Which then is followed by all it's short coming shown and I get fed up of it. I will give it many good hours of trail runs, infact I might even borrow it from a friend if he buys it. Then if I like what am experiencing, plus there is more modes and each is in depth and not just thrown in there like 11v11, then am happy.

Maybe konami and pes need to follow this motto that my late mother used to say to me as a kid, "Dont be changed, be the cause of change". What konami needs to do is grow a pair and do this game how they want and how they feel confident and not how few minorities want it, like the good old pes days. Then maybe we will turn up with an excellent game.

Back
Top Bottom