PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I played several games on PS4.

The demo is good but not the game i was expected. At least for all "the pitch is ours", "best gamescom game" etc.

The passing system is mediocre and random at times. The long pass, too floaty with bad physics. Generally the ball physics need work.

The shooting is good, close to old pes games, but lacks of new and different tranjectories.

I think it's time, KONAMI to introduce some real time physic system and real time push and pull method.

They have to introduce a two-tier stamina system as well.

I feel again the rails. In passing and when i try to change the player i handle direction in some wrong passes.

One more thing i don't like is that every player can make tricks flawlessly.

And i want more fouls. I've played matches with 0 fouls. Not realistic at all.

What i really like, is the player models, the feeling of the dribbling and the built up play.

Not surprised based on the love affair you have with EA... :SMUG:

Too old for all that fanboy bollocks.
Loved ISS/PES back in the day but PES needs to be a lot better to get my money. I only tend to play sport type games and mainly footy and FIFA is still the better game from what I've played so far. The feel, the flow, manual passing, jockeying when defending. I just think it's a better game and better overall package with Co op seasons, clubs and normal seasons. Playing v my kids is great aswell. I'm only buying one of them as I don't see the point buying both but PES is a poor game from what I've played so far. I'm going to go back on it in a bit as I'm always open to be wrong about it. Whatever I feel is the best game will get my money. No childish crap, just whatever opinion I have of them as that's the only one that counts.
I'll leave All the kiddies to argue over nets, player models and sock tape and any other bollocks. Graphics aren't the be all and end all either. Gameplay gets my vote and from what I've played so far, I'm enjoying FIFA more. I'm no ping pong gimp either. I get the ball down and play as realistic as poss. Maybe it's my style of play that helps me not see some of the stuff some people complain about?
Anyway, if I did have a love affair with EA I'd have waited for PGA and not got The Golf Club ;)

Too old for all that fanboy bollocks.
Loved ISS/PES back in the day but PES needs to be a lot better to get my money. I only tend to play sport type games and mainly footy and FIFA is still the better game from what I've played so far. The feel, the flow, manual passing, jockeying when defending. I just think it's a better game and better overall package with Co op seasons, clubs and normal seasons. Playing v my kids is great aswell. I'm only buying one of them as I don't see the point buying both but PES is a poor game from what I've played so far. I'm going to go back on it in a bit as I'm always open to be wrong about it. Whatever I feel is the best game will get my money. No childish crap, just whatever opinion I have of them as that's the only one that counts.
I'll leave All the kiddies to argue over nets, player models and sock tape and any other bollocks. Graphics aren't the be all and end all either. Gameplay gets my vote and from what I've played so far, I'm enjoying FIFA more. I'm no ping pong gimp either. I get the ball down and play as realistic as poss. Maybe it's my style of play that helps me not see some of the stuff some people complain about?
Anyway, if I did have a love affair with EA I'd have waited for PGA and not got The Golf Club ;)

That´s fair, i was just being a dick. :LOL:

I always buy both games and Fifa mainly for online manual games, i already pre-ordered Fifa 15 and was really surprised by PES 2015 demo. I simply hated 2014 for the lack of response and fluidity in dribles and i wasn´t expecting a game much better this time but i was wrong.

Fifa still have a more complete package, i agree, but the demo shows the same AI problems from all the previous years, the CPU plays like a machine in stead of trying to simulate another human player. That means that the CPU have super reflexes, light speed turns and they can predict 99% of out tackles, and that makes the game boring, IMO. The sliders can attenuate this problem a bit but not enough to make the game playable more than 2 or 3 games in a row for me.

PES AI is in another level, as usual, the AI in higher levels don´t use these kinds of "tricks" to be more difficult and that way the game is much less predictable and enjoyable to play. I also believe that the graphic problems that people are reposting from XBO may have you make dislike the demo even more.

I still think it will be another year playing PES offline and Fifa online with friends only.

That´s fair, i was just being a dick. :LOL:

I always buy both games and Fifa mainly for online manual games, i already pre-ordered Fifa 15 and was really surprised by PES 2015 demo. I simply hated 2014 for the lack of response and fluidity in dribles and i wasn´t expecting a game much better this time but i was wrong.

Fifa still have a more complete package, i agree, but the demo shows the same AI problems from all the previous years, the CPU plays like a machine in stead of trying to simulate another human player. That means that the CPU have super reflexes, light speed turns and they can predict 99% of out tackles, and that makes the game boring, IMO. The sliders can attenuate this problem a bit but not enough to make the game playable more than 2 or 3 games in a row for me.

PES AI is in another level, as usual, the AI in higher levels don´t use these kinds of "tricks" to be more difficult and that way the game is much less predictable and enjoyable to play. I also believe that the graphic problems that people are reposting from XBO may have you make dislike the demo even more.

I still think it will be another year playing PES offline and Fifa online with friends only.

I know you were messing :)
Apart from when I play my kids I never play offline. Don't see the appeal in it so I'll stick with FIFA. As soon as PEA is the better game, I'll be all over it.

Gameplay and fifa? I struggle to make a connection

I honestly believe that pes players or people who have over the years appreciated what Konami have done and invested time in it cant take to fifa and vice versa fifa players can't connect with PES.

The difference in the games is so far apart this year that the chasm may be too far to cross either way

I honestly believe that pes players or people who have over the years appreciated what Konami have done and invested time in it cant take to fifa and vice versa fifa players can't connect with PES.

The difference in the games is so far apart this year that the chasm may be too far to cross either way

ALL of my football gaming buddies used to play PES, then switched to FIFA over this past generation.

Can't speak for them yet, but I'm enjoying the PES 2015 demo.

Yes it can be difficult switching between the two but if you're objectively seeking out quality football gaming experiences, there's no real reason why you can't appreciate both for what they offer (as long as you can remember which buttons do what in each game!).

The shooting is good, close to old pes games, but lacks of new and different tranjectories.

Well, that is disappointing. Most people equate good shooting with every shot being a laser straight on target, but I want variety. Including miss hit shots (or "floaty"), shots way off target, and dipping shots.

Some things never change with PES. Just had the force field stop my defender from going to the ball so the CPU could run onto it. Also keep seeing the old stutter backwards when a player gets tackled to let the opposition get the ball.

You'd think, huh?

After playing this game for 2 hours tonight I have decided Its OK and good start from Konami on the next gen. But they havent done enough for me to part with my money. Ill probably end up getting it 2nd hand in March.

This is the game that should have been out 2 years ago and for me its another case of maybe next year.

I loved this game last night but after 2 hours of solid playing things just start to annoy me like.

Not a single foul by the AI
Cant seem to get the ball of the AI and when I do its a foul.
Strangely my keepers who were solid last night let in some stinkers today.

Dont get me wrong there is some lovely stuff here but its not enough for me to part with £50.

After playing this game for 2 hours tonight I have decided Its OK and good start from Konami on the next gen. But they havent done enough for me to part with my money. Ill probably end up getting it 2nd hand in March.

This is the game that should have been out 2 years ago and for me its another case of maybe next year.

I loved this game last night but after 2 hours of solid playing things just start to annoy me like.

Not a single foul by the AI
Cant seem to get the ball of the AI and when I do its a foul.
Strangely my keepers who were solid last night let in some stinkers today.

Dont get me wrong there is some lovely stuff here but its not enough for me to part with £50.
Those things could be fed-back you know

It just feels very wrong for me to be excited that we will finally have rain in a 2014 game . I feel like an abused housewife, one thing i can take from this demo is that the commentary is absent from the game for probably a good reason.

Maybe it is being seriously worked on and they are adding more lines. But with Konami you cant be too sure, they may be removing lines for all we know ,in the bid to make it simpler like they did with 2014 master league.

The midfield play isn't quite right in the demo - I'm finding it way to easy to not only play the ball up to my forward line but at times I can easily sprint up the middle of the pitch. Relative to how difficult it is to play in both final thirds, the middle of the pitch seems too easy, too spacious.

I'm also finding myself increasingly frustrated with teammate supporting runs. Is it my responsibility to always initiate an overlapping run? I've lost track of the amount of times I'm on the wing and my fullback should be providing a run but just stands back 10 yards watching.

One last opinion from me after a few more games tonight. Tone down that killer pass and the strength of shooting and you have the best football game ever made.

The problem as it stands is with the super effectiveness of both these things you are better off getting it up the pitch as quick as possible rather than building up play nicely

Like someone said here, playing against Atl. Madrid is really tough, it's the only team that can beat me on ball possession wich is nice, but on the other hand they (Atl. madrid) really make clear of how ball physics need some tweaks, the ball can move a bit too fast and it hardly bounces even when any of their players make a strong long grounded pass.

But something that has been worrying me is the lack of fouls and how easy you can close down players holding X button, and the auto tackles with X held down seems to be a bit too accurate for my taste. Thats potentialy a gamebraker for me online, as it will encourage pressure abusers wich I hate with all my soul.

Last edited:
I really do miss pes 2012 style of fouls, i could use that to my advantage tactically as it would encourage people not to ram into players like fucking missiles

I think people need to come to terms with the fact that this is not the final product two months to go!! It will be tweaked hopefully for the better!! And also I think people saying it's a bit a bit easy here or there we I would hope so with the teams and players available to make things happen!!

Back
Top Bottom