PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Played about 15-20 games and i haven't been fouled once. Yet i have had several red & yellow cards. I do love to hear these guys yelp when they get a good kick. Nice touch.

Given the large gap between demo and release date, is this year actually appropriate for a 2nd demo to come out close to release date? I'd say so, as you want to judge for yourself what's been improved in that 2 month period rather than get the full game and realise the niggles evident in the demo are still there.

I'm worried about the reports re Xbox One not looking that good as I potentially will be getting that console. Either way, FIFA will look good on there so I guess that's a decent fallback.

I have a good feeling that most of the common issues a lot of us have in here with the demo will be rectified by release. Still potentially about a month of development to go before the game goes gold, as they say.

On second thought, I don't like this game at all. At least on PS3. But since Lami said he didn't notice any other difference with the PS4 version besided graphics, I assume I won't like the NextGen version either.

I don't know if I'm playing it the wrong way or something, but it's very annoying. I might be done with PES, unfortunately. Sticking to FIFA on PC this year.

And here I was thinking about getting a PS4 JUST FOR PES without even trying the Demo. What a fool...

Given the large gap between demo and release date, is this year actually appropriate for a 2nd demo to come out close to release date? I'd say so, as you want to judge for yourself what's been improved in that 2 month period rather than get the full game and realise the niggles evident in the demo are still there.

I'm worried about the reports re Xbox One not looking that good as I potentially will be getting that console. Either way, FIFA will look good on there so I guess that's a decent fallback.

Hey calcio iv got a ps4 and xbox 1, have played on both and to be honest I feel the xbox one version plays more smoother just. Reason I say that cos on the ps4 I feel a bit of a stutter while sprinting and animations sometimes flicker but on xbox1 I don't notice that at all, all smooth like the videos iv seen from asim and co, but by sayin all that,everyone will have small differences depending on the tv they have which obviously plays a big part.

Last edited:
On second thought, I don't like this game at all. At least on PS3. But since Lami said he didn't notice any other difference with the PS4 version besided graphics, I assume I won't like the NextGen version either.

I don't know if I'm playing it the wrong way or something, but it's very annoying. I might be done with PES, unfortunately. Sticking to FIFA on PC this year.

And here I was thinking about getting a PS4 JUST FOR PES without even trying the Demo. What a fool...

Whats that thing they say about assumptions and mother of all fuckups.
Your perogative though.

hey guys iv just played the other code, full game from EA access, it plays so much better than the demo, pace is slower, dribbling isnt as easy, and most important individuality stands out alot, @ zee, i had a similar experience as to being forced to play a certain pattern which was pissing me off as well, u have more variety in the full game, and also the AI plays a better and more varied game as well than the demo, iv only played one hour so far will play more later tonight when i finish work, if this game continues to surprise me PES has to get there shit together and make sure there product is spot on come release. in the end i want to buy both games, my heart is still with PES but they need to get there shit sorted.

Hey calcio iv got a ps4 and xbox 1, have played on both and to be honest I feel the xbox one version plays more smoother just. Reason I say that cos on the ps4 I feel a bit of a stutter while sprinting and animations sometimes flicker but on xbox1 I don't notice that at all, all smooth like the videos iv seen from asim and co, but by sayin all that,everyone will have small differences depending on the tv they have which obviously plays a big part.

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I think there's a good chance that I'll buy the Xbox One with FIFA. I can try out the PES demo on there and see what I think. Until then, I will have to take other reviews with a pinch of salt I guess. Cheers man. If you get either game on the Xbox, we'll tee up a game. Hopefully zero lag since we're both in Australia.

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I think there's a good chance that I'll buy the Xbox One with FIFA. I can try out the PES demo on there and see what I think. Until then, I will have to take other reviews with a pinch of salt I guess. Cheers man. If you get either game on the Xbox, we'll tee up a game. Hopefully zero lag since we're both in Australia.

sounds good, my ID is black_albino007

I like the new gameplay - with some twekas it would be really great.
The first impressions are really good.
It feels like the game PES2008 should have been.
Right now I would say response could be slightly quicker - especially when it comes to passing and shooting. Shots in general are well balanced for me.
The biggest negative for my so far, is the bad goal keeper AI.
So many mistakes or no reactions - there Konami definetly has to do some work.

Nevertheless, this is the best Demo of PES on PS3 and final version could be the first real successor of PES 6.
Right now I am glad to see they did quite a good job, BUT as all Demos differed from retail version, I won't get hyped and wait for final version.

Played one game while I installed Fifa 15 yesterday.

The weight on the players and the ball is exceptional. The rest just felt a bit to similar to previous games for me. Couldn't get past one game, mainly because the Xbone graphics were shocking and I couldn't work out how to change my button configuration to closer match my Fifa config (which ironically is set up to match Pro Evo).

After a year learning to use the right stick to push players I've finally mastered it but now they take it away. I loved that feature and really think it was a true step into a new level of realism in sport games, as Konami said last year. Except for this point, I find 2015 demo an evolution of 2014 with some steps forward and some backwards,Konami style you know. The gameplan menu is one of that steps backwards, why on earth we cannot change position and players in the same menu? It's stupid. By the way, I'm on PS3 and it's more fluid than last year version

Klubifani ‏@klubifani 17 Std.
@Adam_Bhatti Do you know why the demo is available in Asia for PS3, PS4 and Xbox One, but no X360?

‏@Adam_Bhatti
@klubifani it's not shipping there this year.

PS4 for me and it looks crisp and smooth.

Same here. Technically I see zero issues in my PS4. Graphics are good, animations are smooth and FPSs are rock solid. Nothing unbelievable "MGS style", but good.

But hey, thankfully it looks like we will have two very good games this year. I'm sure people will try both and pick the one they like.

I'd just advise people to thoroughly try both. I was very impressed with FIFA 15 initially, I have to admit. It is becoming shallower with every game, now. It's the opposite with PES 15, it's looking more and more deep the more I play. I'll wait for the latest demo before making any decision, but PES is looking good for the moment.

After a year learning to use the right stick to push players I've finally mastered it but now they take it away. I loved that feature and really think it was a true step into a new level of realism in sport games, as Konami said last year. Except for this point, I find 2015 demo an evolution of 2014 with some steps forward and some backwards,Konami style you know. The gameplan menu is one of that steps backwards, why on earth we cannot change position and players in the same menu? It's stupid. By the way, I'm on PS3 and it's more fluid than last year version

I feel the same, I almost feel "naked" defending without the right stick nudge to push rivals. I'll have to get accustomed to defending differently. Funny how EA copied that for FIFA this year, and Konami decides to drop it.

The menus are, again, a usability mess. But I've given up on Konami on that one. Like the "push Options to skip replay" that kills me every time.

Oh but when the football starts... ;)

That's how it looks on my XB1 . Pretty disappointed, I hope it's not because the upscaling to 1080p.

For you look the same? pixelated ?

For this demo judging from the impressions and videos, the PS4 version is the way to go. It offers the best and smoothest graphics and the best AI.

Xboxone looks bad while ps3 looks lame and doesn't offer nearly the same AI, nor the same feeling.

After playing this game for 2 hours tonight I have decided Its OK and good start from Konami on the next gen. But they havent done enough for me to part with my money. Ill probably end up getting it 2nd hand in March.

This is the game that should have been out 2 years ago and for me its another case of maybe next year.

I loved this game last night but after 2 hours of solid playing things just start to annoy me like.

Not a single foul by the AI
Cant seem to get the ball of the AI and when I do its a foul.
Strangely my keepers who were solid last night let in some stinkers today.

Dont get me wrong there is some lovely stuff here but its not enough for me to part with £50.

How can this be a issue? Surely you simply learn to tackle the AI? You can't expect to master it already?

Installed the demo on my xbox one last night. Looks the same. Pixelated.

Thought the game played great though. Game also juttered (screen before game starts) as it panned around the stadium

Strange, I have an Xbox 1 as well and have no problem whatsoever, just checked it to be sure.
I have a Samsung HDready TV and I play at 720p.

Back
Top Bottom