PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

HLS0OH.jpg

Game doesn't look so good. Neither PS4 or XOne. Asim posted on Twitter that's both versions are 1080p@60FPS. I don't see differences between them. Anyway graphically PES 2015 is still PS3/X360 generation. FIFA's way much better.

Fox Engine should blow up the tits, maybe in the next few years.

Good for you. It's true for me and others, however. I can't play the HK demo on my normal account. So there's a good chance it's true for the chap that is having the issue playing it.

You have to log into the HK account & then activate it as your primary account. Once you do this log back into your normal account and it will let you play. I had the same issue yesterday.

After a few games... PES 2015 Demo is good. For a demo. The final version MUST be much better. Fifa 15 still miles away in the whole package, even in the gameplay. The only things that fifa is worse are player models and faces.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I might be able to print-out the controls for PES 2015? After FIFA's basic but intuitive control scheme, I'm struggling to master PES's button configuration and would like a print-out to refer to.

Did 2014 have 3d grass or am I just getting confused with fifa? This flat texture looks horrible on replays.

Gameplay is a lot of fun, though not as quick as implied. It still has that slight input delay feel.

Konami the pitch is yours!! Im not gonna be there. Last year u lost my final trust. This year i had nothing to loose. Thank god fifa is so good this time

Pes 2015 on Ps4 looks old gen too.

Disagree...

And Asim actually posted the same thing i said:
Asim Tanvir @AsimTanvir · 21m
Just played the Xbox One version. Seems like it's upscaled 1080p and not 60fps. Not as crisp or smooth as the PS4 version. #PES2015

I played both, Xb1 version looks like a 720p...definatly not native 1080p like in the ps4

Konami should just make PES only for PS4/PC, they would save resources and could make a much better game that way, their sales on xbox was always bad anyway.

Did 2014 have 3d grass or am I just getting confused with fifa? This flat texture looks horrible on replays.

Gameplay is a lot of fun, though not as quick as implied. It still has that slight input delay feel.

That's what I don't understand, PES 2015 has 3d grass but in some cut-scenes/replays it's a flat texture (which looks terrible, I could do better).

I know there is still time for release, i really do hope they sort out the frame rate as it's constantly dropping and ruining the game a bit.

PS4, certain moments in the game drops below 30fps. I've not had any other game suffer as much frame drops on the console til this demo.

Like a ps2 game. Honestly you're drunk.

Not at all, the game really does not run at constant 60fps, it is evident. You'd be more inclined to be drunk/on some sort of medication to suggest that the game keeps a solid 60fps. I really can't say it look's an awful lot better graphically than pes 2014 on pc.

This is my issue with football games in general as i've stated previously, I expect better from both sides to where modern technology is, football games haven't really advanced or improved drastically as would have expected.

Played a few hours last night, it's very good, not sure about the individuality and weight of the different players as they feel samey to control, fast players are represented well.

Passing is too erratic often making the incorrect interpretation of where I wanted it, why the need for five different levels of passing I'll never know, should be normal assisted or manual, this is where I think it loses it's individuality.

Shooting is probably too accurate and so is the predictability of the keeper palming it out.

AI is brilliant though, forcing you to change your tactics as when they are leading they are happy to pass it around the back and waste time, pushing my defensive line up and squashing them further up the pitch countered this and it was a joy to play out.

Overall very promising and if a little more polish is made before release in November it should be a very good experience.

Well now, this is getting really good for me. Gotta say, judging just off the demos this has got FIFA beat in the gameplay department. That for me is a first in many years. And to think the game doesn't release for a couple months yet, which gives further time for refinement...

It still doesn't have that "next gen" look and feel for me, but gameplay feels very solid. And boy is it going to be hard going back to FIFA's "new" player models next week when it releases.

One thing I'm really struggling with though is dribbling and particularly retaining possession in tight spaces. Is there no shielding mechanic in PES? I feel like I"ve seen it done by the CPU but I can't seem to replicate and I don't see it in the command list.

PS4, certain moments in the game drops below 30fps. I've not had any other game suffer as much frame drops on the console til this demo.

I had a similar experience playing it on my ps4, I dropped it down to 720p and the game plays so much better, I'm actually slowly starting to enjoy the game, give it a go mate see what u think

Last edited:
I had a similar experience playing it on my ps4, I dropped it down to 720p and the game plays so much better, I'm actually slowly starting to enjoy the game, give it a go mate see what u think

It's not that i'm not enjoying it, it's fun to play just the frame rate dips and sometimes can be annoying. I'll give it a try next time i load it up.

Not at all, the game really does not run at constant 60fps, it is evident. You'd be more inclined to be drunk/on some sort of medication to suggest that the game keeps a solid 60fps. I really can't say it look's an awful lot better graphically than pes 2014 on pc.

This is my issue with football games in general as i've stated previously, I expect better from both sides to where modern technology is, football games haven't really advanced or improved drastically as would have expected.

There is a huge difference to it falling below expectations to looking like a game from two generations ago

thanks for the acknowledgements on my post :COOL:

Spot on! I hope the points on your list will be fixed by Konami.
Hope Online this year is really good, no lag, less cheaters, fair treatment etc. Also hope Konami is fast in fixing bugs and glitches. Could really be a good year for a long waiting PES-veteran:)

Lot's of PES veterans that i feel for, I really hope this game does the trick for as many of them as possible (we deserve a great game)

Good write-up. Most of this is true on PS4 too. I've only played around 10 games but I think this is a much better offering than 2014; there are still issues with passing being a bit too air-hockey like, appearing to zoom about in straight lines rather than bobble frequently or appear scuffed, or 180 degree passes losing a lot of accuracy. The funny thing is that the game does have bobble, or passes that are hit so hard that they actually lift 20-30cm off the ground, or you can use manual/advanced through ball to trace a curve and hit a swerving pass. 2 bar passing feels pretty good at the moment, it allows you to hit the ball into space quite effectively without removing the instinctiveness, individuality and fluidity of modern football in the way manual passing often does in football games. I'll give 1 bar a second try tonight, now that I'm more familiar with the dribbling (Goetze's a nippy bugger, as is Asamoah) and the defending.

I still feel like defending needs to have a bit more precision and certainty to what you're trying to do; there doesn't seem to be an option to stand-off unless you just control your player manually, and sometimes it feels like your teammates should be closer to their marker. At times midfielders do at least cut off passing lanes quite well though.

Also - where are all the defensive tactical options in the team management screens? I think Konami made a mistake by getting rid of the ability to easily tweak player positions. It's not intuitive at all at the moment, hiding it behind so many button presses.

good point about the team management, i actually only took a quick glance at it because i wanted to maximise playing time but in my brief encounter i was instantly confused how to edit player position. that can't be good.

Spot on really. The demo is quite good but I wouldn't buy the game in this state. My main issues right now are poor ball physics for grounded passes, shooting and a few clunky animations, as usual. The game is also not as fluid as I thought it would be after watching a lot of preview videos. All those areas need to be improved. Glad there's another month of development left before release.

hopefully that month will be well spent. but i differ for you in that I would buy this game in this state!

attach this aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWY5SaDLrc

they should review all the tricks ingame to find out wich could be overpowered

Have to show my selfishness here and say as i probably wont play online, i'm not too bothered about that sort of thing. but i agree that exploits completely ruin the fun (i think no matter what happens someone will always find an exploit online)

100%

Great game but some work to be done

let's hope they get there!

Back
Top Bottom