PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

How does the jinking run work? Is it even in the demo?

After watching all these videos those are the two things that stand out to me. The ball physics look a bit funky and animations just aren't good enough for a 'next-gen' title (poor transitions, sliding, collision detection etc). Just looks a bit dated. It makes me wonder how many years Konami need to drag PES kicking and screaming into the current generation? They've had too many chances in my opinion. Konami shouldn't be given a free pass.

I hate making judgements without playing the demo (I'm in the PC underclass) but these things are quite apparent from watching the videos. The game looks a lot of fun but the mainstream opinion seems to be that PES2015 is taking inspiration from PES5/6. As much as I love those games I think this approach is a regressive step particularly as the rival game has really stepped-up this year (imo).

It feels like this game will be a great PS3 title, but just a very lazily executed next-gen port of the current gen version. Good gameplay, but limitied. Everything else as far as presentation etc. are concerned.

For download the demo on Xbox1 you indeed just need to have English as language and Hong Kong as region. NO new account needed!

For Xbox 360 I don't know: Isn't there a way to change the region to one in asian? Then you probably can get it from the Marketplace overthere.

Can you switch back to US after you download it and see the demo with you other games?

Or if want to play the demo then you need to keep it on Hong Kong?

Guys, sorry, but i got demo from hong kong but wont let me play as it says it cant connect to server to verify license, is there a way? I tried offline, still doesnt work

He says he tried the demo and he doesn't like it, what doesn't he like??? is it the shooting? or keepers or the animations. He doesn't mention anything. I am of the impression that if you do not like something you state why you do not like it.

His total impression was Meh, it's just childish and immature

I'm not biased and that was my initial impression of the game.

I am not one for analysing every aspect of a game and creating a long post about it.

My wife put it best when she said that it looked like an old game.

People will love it, I wanted to but it was just meh.

Can you switch back to US after you download it and see the demo with you other games?

Or if want to play the demo then you need to keep it on Hong Kong?

You can switch back to your region and still play after you've downloaded on the Xbox one..the ps4 requires you to be logged into the account you downloaded the demo on ie the hk one.

So Konami have turned into Fischer Price and are now making childrens toys. Removal of attacking/defending levels combined with watered down tactical options. Players with 68 passing accuracy hitting passes that make Pirlo jealous. Every player having the shooting ability of a prime Henry. What a terrible, terrible PES game, RIP.

agree!!

again PES game without the soul and depth of the old PES

Really enjoying zero assist feels so much more intuitive then FIFA in manual and after about 50 games in single player and around 20 with friends I'm really starting to appreciate the beauty of this game.

My biggest gripe compared to FIFA is the reality that control with the ball is so much better then without it and why oh why konami can't just have a tackle button and give us tight responsive control with the left stick when defending is to me baffling.I get how to defend and love the way it's more about containment rather then just rushing the ball carrier but there's no need for a x plus r1 auto tackle system it just seems cheap.

Naturally the positives massively out way the negatives and as someone who enjoys both titles I enjoy the merits of both.

The beauty with pes is you can clearly distinguish the different players when with FIFA it sometimes becomes a blur and players like pirlo and there attributes are far better expressed with pes.

I do want to check out the passing, how varied it is from player to player. I don't agree that players handle identically; the difference between midfielders is tangible, from Schweinsteiger to Götze or from Vidal to Asamoah. But again, I don't know what the difference is like from Busquets to Xavi, or what it would be like from Blind to Herrera.

We'll see over time.

Guys, sorry, but i got demo from hong kong but wont let me play as it says it cant connect to server to verify license, is there a way? I tried offline, still doesnt work

If you're on the PS4, you can only launch the game while logged into the Hong Kong user account you just created to get the demo. Otherwise it's locked if you try to access from another user account.

Last edited:

If you're on the PS4, you can only launch the game while logged into the Hong Kong user account you just created to get the demo. Otherwise it's locked if you try to access from another user account.

You can launch it from a different account on the PS4 if you make your HK account a primary though, or if you're logged in both accounts at the same time. I had both happening so I don't know which one worked :P

This game is awesome but graphics looks like on Ps2. I don't believe Konami use a Fox Engine.

PS4 version?

Is the PS3 demo supposed to be released in the EU today? There is no sign of it in the Playstation Store.

I've just seen though. Fifa 13, you read right Fifa 13 costs £49.99 in the PS Store. Is this a joke?

The more i play the more i like this game. The little annoyances r sorta gone tho i still feel them here and there. But over all loving this. Still hope they improve it further and let stats play into account cos atm shots r way over the top. Great platform for future pes to come.

Actually that's not true as I have just been playing the demo from my normal account having downloaded it from the HK account I made this morning.

Actually that's not true as I have just been playing the demo from my normal account having downloaded it from the HK account I made this morning.

You have to activate the PS4 as primary system in the Honkong account.
After that the lock on the Demo goes away in your main account.

Ok PS2 HD ver. Pes 2015 on Ps4 looks awful compare to Fifa 15.

R u sure what u r playing is pes 15? Cos trust me, from lighting to player models to graphics I am romantically in love with the pes version. There r times were fifa looks better, but over all pes impresses me most. Even my friends who r fifa fanatics liked pes look, specially where fifa looks like the players r all body builders hitting the gym and doing same exercise and all have similar body build as a result

Good for you. It's true for me and others, however. I can't play the HK demo on my normal account. So there's a good chance it's true for the chap that is having the issue playing it.

Back
Top Bottom