PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Who else thinks the passing should be a little more direct and faster? I like it more as in the old ps2 days. A little more arcade.
Thats the only gripe in pes2015 for me, the passing seems a little floaty :(
They should add a slider for passing or something.

C'mon, how can you judice from just a few seconds? In PES 2014 files, I've found wet kit textures. This is an example of the wet kit in PES 2014:
PMLbi89.jpg

AArrrggghhhh!!!

Couldn´t download the demo as probably the servers there were overloaded.
It took me ages to get to the Hong Kong store as well.

Downloaded it over the night, gonna give it a try tonight after work. Damn!

Also when you pause the stadium chants keep on going! WHY Konami WHY!?

Errr...this has been the case since PES 2011, so nothing new actually.

Besides, I think there are a lot more things that are way more important than a damn pause menu...lol.

Rain looked good in the trailer I thought but I still think there's some unnatural animations. The way a leg slices across the ball to pass or shoot instead of kicking through the direct line. And often the ball looks like it doesn't come off the correct part of the foot. I wish I could judge myself but I'm on Xbox 360 for now...was looking to get the Xbox One with FIFA 15 and if I do, that's the console I'd try PES out on. Wish I could play the demo now though. Damn Konami :(

Rain looked good in the trailer I thought but I still think there's some unnatural animations. The way a leg slices across the ball to pass or shoot instead of kicking through the direct line. And often the ball looks like it doesn't come off the correct part of the foot. I wish I could judge myself but I'm on Xbox 360 for now...was looking to get the Xbox One with FIFA 15 and if I do, that's the console I'd try PES out on. Wish I could play the demo now though. Damn Konami :(

This. THIS. Nail on head. Puts me off.

Yeah :( I loved the gameplay of PES when I first tried it out with PES 2011 but I thought those animations were just a limitation of the old engine. There are some animations where there is not a proper follow through with the leg or the body and it looks strange.

What does "kicking through direct line" means? If you mean that sometimes the out coming ball speed does not correspond the associated shoot animation, then yeah that puts me off also.

After watching all these videos those are the two things that stand out to me. The ball physics look a bit funky and animations just aren't good enough for a 'next-gen' title (poor transitions, sliding, collision detection etc). Just looks a bit dated. It makes me wonder how many years Konami need to drag PES kicking and screaming into the current generation? They've had too many chances in my opinion. Konami shouldn't be given a free pass.

I hate making judgements without playing the demo (I'm in the PC underclass) but these things are quite apparent from watching the videos. The game looks a lot of fun but the mainstream opinion seems to be that PES2015 is taking inspiration from PES5/6. As much as I love those games I think this approach is a regressive step particularly as the rival game has really stepped-up this year (imo).

What does "kicking through direct line" means? If you mean that sometimes the out coming ball speed does not correspond the associated shoot animation, then yeah that puts me off also.

It means your leg starts with backlift then it moves in a straight line so that after your foot has made contact with the ball, your leg continues in that direction. Imagine that if your shoe came off, it would follow the ball in the same line. What I notice with PES is that the leg goes in one line but the ball in another. In some cases this is correct, but often it's used incorrectly from what I can see.

made the same post on WENB so this is a copy and paste job :)

Right here's my write up playing on PS3.

- Shooting needs more variation in direction as it's too easy to hit the target, lot's of other people are complaining about shooting in the box being a guaranteed goal and while i don't agree 100% it does gravitate towards the goal a bit too often. I would like to see more Row Z efforts and shots wider than 1cm of the target. Also overall, the shooting power is too high and it should be lowered especially for the lesser players.

- Conversely Finesse Shooting is a dream and has the variation that standard shooting should have. the ball is weighted and curls absolutely perfectly and the power is spot on. using it when close up the the keper brings out these special animations that really cap it off. Bravo

- Heading also has good direction and variation, in fact if anything it probably needs solid contact slightly more often that it currently has but if nothing changes then I would be a happy man

- Goalkeepers lsiten guys, after the final patch on PES2014 there was literally nothing to worry about goalkeepers apart from their animations. they are even better now and feel completely human. my one gripe is they should deal with shots straight at them a little better (at least they parry away from the goal now!)

- Passing is crisp. I think people might find it underpowered compared to usual PES, and while i don't think this is the case, the ball physics for ground passes could be better as the ball kindof trundles along, someone else described it as being like a 'bowling ball' which i think describes the visual aspect of it perfectly. Hopefully they can improve the ball physics without overpowering the zip in the passes

- Lofted passing, and crossing is improved better than i can ever remember on PES. my only gripe is something which has always been the way, is say, if you want to launch a lofted pass down the channel for a stiker to run on to, the only real way to do this is to use the L2 manual modifier, as a standard O pass will aim straight for the striker (this makes sense i guess, but it would be nice to have the option to launch one down the channel)

- Through balls are something i'm struggling to get the hang of. i can't seem to get the power and diredction that I am trying for, the seem a bit laser guided. low through balls through the middle are a guaranteed clear cut chance in my opinion and need to be toned down.

- Defending is nice but the luck/judgement ratio is still a bit balanced on the luck side for me, maybe it'll just take getting used to but i seem to struggle to get the luck of the bounce after making a challenge. much better than the FIFA tactical crap (can't believe i got this far without a FIFA comparison :))

- Referees they don't give enough fouls! and the fouls they do give automatically seem to be a yellow card! don't get me wrong this is still better than any other PES referee I have encountered in years but it is incredibly frustrating! maybe they are worried of breaking up the beautiful flowing game pace by adding more stoppages but I cant handle losing the ball in an attacking area only to not have a foul given, in one instance yesterday my player went down holding his leg and was out of action and the ref still didn't give it! the good news though is the AI do concede fouls! they are 'human' just like the rest of us.

One final word on the AI there, they are great, they keep the ball, they press, they make mistakes and they commit fouls... BUT... i would like to see them build up play more in the final third, they spend a lot of time with a slow build up but their movement going forward doesn't feel like enough, this goes for the human teams AI as well by the way, i would like to see better support in the final third which will lessen the AI's frequency of making that killer ball a mad one and would look much more natural.

that's it for now. I want to also comment on the set pieces but I haven't had enough of them yet to make a fair judgement.

Can't wait to came home and try it.
PS: I have US account on my xbox one, so i just need to create new account and just to make to be HK account and set location as HK?

That trailer looks really awesome. One of best pes trailers ever made. Rain really looks stunning.

- Shooting needs more variation in direction as it's too easy to hit the target, lot's of other people are complaining about shooting in the box being a guaranteed goal and while i don't agree 100% it does gravitate towards the goal a bit too often. I would like to see more Row Z efforts and shots wider than 1cm of the target. Also overall, the shooting power is too high and it should be lowered especially for the lesser players.

- Conversely Finesse Shooting is a dream and has the variation that standard shooting should have. the ball is weighted and curls absolutely perfectly and the power is spot on. using it when close up the the keper brings out these special animations that really cap it off. Bravo

- Heading also has good direction and variation, in fact if anything it probably needs solid contact slightly more often that it currently has but if nothing changes then I would be a happy man

- Goalkeepers lsiten guys, after the final patch on PES2014 there was literally nothing to worry about goalkeepers apart from their animations. they are even better now and feel completely human. my one gripe is they should deal with shots straight at them a little better (at least they parry away from the goal now!)

- Passing is crisp. I think people might find it underpowered compared to usual PES, and while i don't think this is the case, the ball physics for ground passes could be better as the ball kindof trundles along, someone else described it as being like a 'bowling ball' which i think describes the visual aspect of it perfectly. Hopefully they can improve the ball physics without overpowering the zip in the passes

- Lofted passing, and crossing is improved better than i can ever remember on PES. my only gripe is something which has always been the way, is say, if you want to launch a lofted pass down the channel for a stiker to run on to, the only real way to do this is to use the L2 manual modifier, as a standard O pass will aim straight for the striker (this makes sense i guess, but it would be nice to have the option to launch one down the channel)

- Through balls are something i'm struggling to get the hang of. i can't seem to get the power and diredction that I am trying for, the seem a bit laser guided. low through balls through the middle are a guaranteed clear cut chance in my opinion and need to be toned down.

- Defending is nice but the luck/judgement ratio is still a bit balanced on the luck side for me, maybe it'll just take getting used to but i seem to struggle to get the luck of the bounce after making a challenge. much better than the FIFA tactical crap (can't believe i got this far without a FIFA comparison :))

- Referees they don't give enough fouls! and the fouls they do give automatically seem to be a yellow card! don't get me wrong this is still better than any other PES referee I have encountered in years but it is incredibly frustrating! maybe they are worried of breaking up the beautiful flowing game pace by adding more stoppages but I cant handle losing the ball in an attacking area only to not have a foul given, in one instance yesterday my player went down holding his leg and was out of action and the ref still didn't give it! the good news though is the AI do concede fouls! they are 'human' just like the rest of us.

One final word on the AI there, they are great, they keep the ball, they press, they make mistakes and they commit fouls... BUT... i would like to see them build up play more in the final third, they spend a lot of time with a slow build up but their movement going forward doesn't feel like enough, this goes for the human teams AI as well by the way, i would like to see better support in the final third which will lessen the AI's frequency of making that killer ball a mad one and would look much more natural.

that's it for now. I want to also comment on the set pieces but I haven't had enough of them yet to make a fair judgement.

100%

Great game but some work to be done

Can't wait to came home and try it.
PS: I have US account on my xbox one, so i just need to create new account and just to make to be HK account and set location as HK?

That trailer looks really awesome. One of best pes trailers ever made. Rain really looks stunning.

Exactly.
It works that way on Playstation Network so it probably works the same way on xbox.

To all you demo players:

Can you say something about player ID?
Is there a noticeable difference between for example a Schweinsteiger and a Tevez or something?

Could someone also test out kicking power?
Like trying a long shot with a player with a high amount on this one and with a player who got lower kicking power to see a difference?

Or like using his weak foot on purpose?

This was very well implemented in PES 2013 but was kinda missing in PES 2014 imo.

Can anyone post link to the Marketplace PES demo for XOne?

Which language should I choose in settings? There's 4 Asian's languages to choose from.

Just try English language, Hong Kong. If it's not working, I prepared my XB1 last night to Japan locale (because the only Asian country where XB1 is launched is Japan): In language select the one ABOVE THE LAST ONE. Now Japan should be the only country available at Region/Locale.

Restart, go to search games, go to Demos, you should see it there. You should figure out how to get there, it's no such difficult even with all that Japanese chars.

I don't think you need a Japan account, I read somewhere that if XB1 is set on a locale, doesn't matter the account, the Marketplace will match console's region.

Exactly.
It works that way on Playstation Network so it probably works the same way on xbox.

Actually you just need to set up your region. I don't think you need an account. And if it's not working on Hong Kong, it's 100% working in Japan.

Last edited:
This game is growing and growing more on me.

It's what 2014 should've been. New and improved, crisper graphics, epic framerate on PS4. Very nice textures. And über responsive control.

I very much miss the "right stick nudge" to get rivals off balance pushing them with your shoulder... Any idea where that's gone?

Exactly.

To all you demo players:

Can you say something about player ID?
Is there a noticeable difference between for example a Schweinsteiger and a Tevez or something?

Could someone also test out kicking power?
Like trying a long shot with a player with a high amount on this one and with a player who got lower kicking power to see a difference?

Or like using his weak foot on purpose?

This was very well implemented in PES 2013 but was kinda missing in PES 2014 imo.

Player ID is very well executed: Pirlo, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso are dead on with their movements. Higuaín is uncannily similar to his real self, in every movement and gesture. It's lovely.

Kicking power is harder to master than 2014, as the bar fills up quickly. I have noticed Bale and CR7 being power houses, but have not tried long range shots with weak players like Iniesta, will see. Weak foot is definitely noticeable, Kroos shoots with both legs perfectly, while di Maria can't shoot for his life with his right leg.

I'm liking it.

After a long day and long download I finally got to play a couple of games in.

Wow that old feeling of Pes is back it's somthing that I can't describe that's been missing since Pes 5/6.

Planning several passes ahead because you can rely on the AI doing what u expect they would do. Playing the ball wide before swinging in a cross into space knowing you forward will attack said space but all done in a split second thought because it just feels right.

Positives:
AI movement for and aggainst
AI Reaction when ball changes direction rebound etc
Game Speed
Close up scenes look amazing
Player likenesses
Gameplan

Negatives:
Lack of fouls from AI
Stutter when player gets played a ball to run on to sometimes

Like I said it's hard to describe that feeling of control/freedom but all you PS2 guys will know what I mean :)

Hope so. You on PS3/4?

Spot on! I hope the points on your list will be fixed by Konami.
Hope Online this year is really good, no lag, less cheaters, fair treatment etc. Also hope Konami is fast in fixing bugs and glitches. Could really be a good year for a long waiting PES-veteran:)

I very much miss the "right stick nudge" to get rivals off balance pushing them with your shoulder... Any idea where that's gone?

I saw someone asked Adam about the shoulder barge with right stick on his twitter. he said it now depends on player physic and stat.

There is La Liga adboards in the new WE 2015 trailer, maybe the whole La Liga stadiums will return in Pes 2015?

I really hope so

Back
Top Bottom